(2012/01) Jan 2012

poseidon
think better bring bah....i will rather my bb to wear the clothes we bot than hospital...NB grow v fast...quickly take chance to let her wear first
happy.gif

sleeping prop? like pillow ah? tat means u will be surrounded with pillows :p

cyy
i experience the heart beat thinggy too...tats hiccups??

poseidon: TMC will provide a receiving blanket + their clothing...i never bring anything for bb..only pack for myself n hb..

jkids: depends on whether u like to share room with others..esp when the other side had visitor o not..

Jac: i oso use Dr Ong EK previously..but the clinic super crowded leh..

poseidon, hospital will provide.. but like what jingles said (my friend also said the same thing).. bb wear own clothes home nicer, check out glamorously.. hahah..

cyy, i get the hiccups on a daily basis.. can be like ~1-3 times a day.. each time abt ~1-10mins.. sometimes wonder if there's anything wrong..

jingles:
heehee, the Js! i din use extra pillow. i usually dun sleep well, coz my kid's legs hands will be on me, anyhow sleep. thus making me aware every day.

poseidon gal:
i assume there is no change. during my times, baby's mitten, booties, blanket will be provided at pt of discharge.

cyy:
never leh, is it like rhythemic kind? i always think its movements are kicks.

jac:
at 1st wanted him to stay over nite, but then again, think he may need to look after the older ones and do housework at home. home can sleep better leh. and probably save some $ also. usually in hosp, very hard to sleep soundly. at 6 plus, aunty already come in to clean the ward
sad.gif

jac
i think 1st PD check will be upon delivery of bb. Gynae only responsible of delivery portion, the person to assure bb's health is tip top is PD
happy.gif

Jac - My bb PD came very early 7am during both days of my stay in hospital. Gave me an update on the things she checked, eg, hearing, jaundice level, etc. If level too high, bb may need to stay in hospital. Abt 2-3 days af check out, bring bb to clinic for check again. Think jaundice suppose to peak on the 5th day.

jingles,

I guess it's hiccups cause it just feel different from the usual kicking n turning. It feels light but with momentum like heartbeat.

Jac,

Your bb sure love to drink water haha:D that's cute to hear and am sure it's normal unless it's it last for very long ba. Or rather does it feels different from the usual kicks?

jkids,
I think it's hard to tell for me on you but i think you should feel it's different from the normal kicks?

This is from Babycenter:
27 weeks pregnant
He may also be hiccuping a lot this week, which explains that odd rhythmic sensation you've probably been feeling.

hkbaby/zhuzhu, thks for the info.. like tat ah.. hmmmm.. wonder shld go for Dr Ong EK or not.. for the delivery & hospital stay, at least is he come to me & i dun need to queue.. but abit troublesome if muz go back to him 2-3 days after checkout & the queue is super long.. can't imagine NB bb waiting for 2-3hrs to see doc.. anyway, i'll see what my gynae says.. so far she hasn't mention anything abt the delivery/PD part yet..

cyy, hiccups is more gentle, rhythmic & continuous.. like what u describe, feels like heartbeat (slightly stronger) coming from below.. usually feel it when i wake up in the morn.. the longest i had was ard ~10mins?.. hahah.. kicks are usually one-off strong/hard jabs, different feeling..

jac: for me i rem i bot my boy back to the PD for checkup around 1wk after discharge..cannot rem wat is it for..probably to check his jaundice level..cos he had slight jaundice when discharged from hospital.

And usually they will give NB priority, the nurse will try to arange for us to see the PD ASAP.

Also Dr Ong is now at MT A..duno which PD is at TMC now..i leave it to the gynea to reccommend.

zhuzhu, thanks for the info! i'll be delivering at mt A.. maybe i'll try suggesting to my gynae to use Dr Ong EK & see what she says.. if she even ask in the 1st place.. hahah..

Hi MTBs

I would like to recommend my CL who did for me last CNY. She is available wef 10 Jan 2012 as a MTB had cancel her service due to an unforseen reason.

You need not apply any pass for her as she is holding on to a LT social visit pass in SIN for 5years.

She is neat, clean & hygenic and very pro to breastfeed. She cooking are superb and she is not calculative.

She even volunteered in making red eggs and even cooked extra food for my babies 1st month party.

Her charges are according to the market rate. Is no regrets hiring her as your CN.

I am not getting any commission from her as I called her to check what food to cook for my babies as i am a first time mum also.

Lastly, she 'niang' very delicious rice wine too...

PM me if you need her contact...

Wishing you a smooth delivery...

jingles..hee yes the sleeping prop is something like small pillow for my back and tummy..more comfortable and i sleep better..
hiccup is very regular and not as violent as kicks and turns..

Hi Mummies sorry for interrupting, I had some Brand new training pants to let go as my girl is potty trained already.
All is brand new never use before.

6312641.jpg
6312642.jpg

Minnie Training pants 1 set
Winne the pooh Training pants 1 set
$10 1 set (1 set of 3pcs)
Size: 95
Weight: 14kg

6312643.jpg

Pink colour design (2 pcs in a set)
$8 (1 set)
Size: 100
Weight: 15kg

6312644.jpg

$8 (1 set)
Size: 90
Weight: 13kg

Please pm me for prompt reply thanks!

Any mum wanna buy munchkin organizer? Juz bought 2 wks ago fm kiddy palace at $60. Nw selling away at $48 Cos my Sis juz pass us her used changing organizer and this dun wanna waste the new wan. Item totally new, clean n unused except tt no more box as I initially plan to open n set up my nursery. Interested mama juz drop me a text at 96825962. Meanwhile Collection can be at Punggol or tba

dekora
i bought mine from Vita kids. Got 10% discount for stanchart cardholders. After disc, it's about $8.xx per box. Brand is Traditional Medicinals.

morning mommies!
not sure if anyone experiencing swollen feet now? seems like bottom of my feet area looks a little red....wat you all do to relief it other than lifting it up hur?

I've been having swollen feet too. My feet size had increase by a size. At times, i have problems with walking cos its so painful. Very often, I do lift up my legs at night, but it doesnt seems to help. Or maybe if i dont do that, it may get worst. I do prenatal massage as well, once in three weeks, and the massage lady mentioned i had water rentention, and advise that i take more warm water, and cut down on salt intake. But its difficult for me to cut down salt intake as i'm taking outside food most of the time.
sad.gif

thanks zhuzhu, adeline, poseidon and mknwt for sharing on swollen feet...

for my case, i doubt its outside food cos i dont eat outside food most of the time and my taste is rather bland, i scared eat too much salt my hair will drop also ..kekekee

i tried lifting my legs up when i relax at night too...but its still looks red lei...

any1 bot new cupboard for bb? i am trying to remove the "new" smell by airing but its still there...i dont wan to put bb clothes inside and later the smell got infused in...some1 suggested putting pandan leaves..u think it works?

jingles: How high you lift your legs up? My grandaunt who is a nurse told me must lift legs until it is levelled with our waist leh.. like 90degress to our body.. I tried and my feet seem less swollen

Hi,

I have following BRAND NEW items for sale:

1. Pigeon wipes with casing (x8): $4.90
Usual: $7.90

2. Tommee Tippee 0-3m Pacifier (x1): $4

3. Pigeon Milk Bottles (x2): $13 each
Wide Neck, Peristaltic Nipple, BPA Free, 240ml

Collection at Sengkang MRT.
Pls email me at [email protected] for photos.

<font color="0000ff">hi mummies-to-be
happy.gif

just want to share... anyone expecting a small size baby girl (2.5kg upto 3.4k)?

i'm a sept'11 mum and my baby girl is now 2.5mths old. as i was under high-risk management care i was expecting a small baby of appox.2.5kg so i had stocked up preemie sizes rompers, onies, one-piece suits, dress sets, tops and they are all brands of: carter's, children place, mothercare, marks&amp;spencers, gerber, etc...

i'm letting them go very cheaply... as i need to make drawer space to my now 4.3kg girl
happy.gif

they are all very well care, kept with no stains at all. they were all well fitting for her for 2mths.
so if you wish to consider buying them over, please PM to me
happy.gif
thank you &amp; God Bless you &amp; your lil' one.</font>

Dekora: Im getting mine at tanglin. Theres this particular shop where they sell some organic stuff and other health food.

Jingles: Have u booked your room at KKH yet?

<font color="aa00aa">welen - yes..i have booked it during last check....think after 30th week, KKH will ask you to choose the ward already</font>

jingles: KKH nv ask me to book during my last appt with them at 31weeks leh.. How do we go about doing the booking?

Btw, any improvement on ur swollen feet today?

<font color="aa00aa">adeline - hmmmmm i am not sure lei..for mine, they jst ask me for the ward preference and medisave form when i am paying for my bills. For ward booking, think its the staff that will prompt us, think we cant book ourselves...

Yes...seems like my left leg is not as swell as ytd!!! Thanks for the tip of lifting it up 90 degrees...but seems like right leg is still alittle red.

By way anyone has low BP lately? I measure mine ytd...seems a little low...</font>

Ohhh.. Then i wait till my next visit and see if they prompt me or not
happy.gif

Maybe give it more time? Think it'll get better and better each day.. And also, avoid walking too much ya.. I realised my feet tend to swell more when i go shopping.. Cut down on my shopping now
sad.gif

<font color="aa00aa">adeline - kekeke i think by next visit, they will ask u...if they have not, maybe you can ask the nurse when you make payment, alternatively you can check your gynae too!

no lei..infact i walk v little le...the stairs to my office its v challenging already. Doubt i will wan walk more :p</font>

Jingles, thanks for the input. i shall check out mothercare this weekend =
happy.gif

Anyone taking the coconut water ? I heard it is good for baby, but not sure if it too late to take at 32 weeks.. For those taking, muz we buy the green coconut ? or young coconut will do?

Delphina - I recalled starting coconut drink much later 5-6 wks b4 EDD abt 34-35wk. Took the green coconut once a wk. Suppose this stage take 'cooling' stuff for smooth delivery..

i also heard that drinking coconut water will have a "cleaner" bb (i.e. bb less bloody during delivery).. but not good to start taking cooling stuff so early in case of premature delivery? think i'll try taking after 35W ba..

coconut water, raspberry tea, etc etc.. seems like alot of things to take ah.. hahah..

coconut drink will sort of cleanse ur bb..so that bb will not have too much of the mushy stuff on her when deliver..I am going to start drinking during the last mth..once a wk

Dear MTBs,

Was away from this forum for a while. Hope everyone's ok!

I hv also booked my ward last weekend after Dr has scheduled my csect. I am wif KKH too.

Can i ask if anyone has or planning to keep ur placenta? Read that some ppl keep to make into capsules for consumption!

Back