(2011/12) Dec 2011

And MamaAsh .. Envy envy .. I hope I can lose all my fats after pregnancy .. Will work out next year to slim down [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Joanne,

he is so mean! Is he married or what? He must be very jealous of you.

Dawn & Ace,

hope u will know the gender soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mamaAsh,

5.5kg already? last time is it that fast also? i only managed to gain 3-4kg (keep fluctuating within 1 kg) and i only gain those kg during the first 2 mths... now kind of no-gain from 3rd month till now... I do hope can keep within 6-10kg =P

MamaAsh,

Think you have missed me out [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Thanks for updating

Nick : babybee

Hospital: tmc

Child no : 2

Edd : 03jan

Dr WK Tan

dawn, dun worry, baby will be gd and cooperate!! baby guai guai!!

how much durian u ate during preg? and how frequent u had them??

safiya, whats ur plan like and how much is the premium?? i not sure abt aviva de.. all my policies are with prudential.. haha!! hubby got some policies with oher companies but he seldom go find out what other policies are there. plus i am more comfy coz it's my friend handling my poliy...

ace, jia you!!!! tonight "psycho" baby to be good and cooperate.. =)

thanks mamaash for the updates!!! i have friends doing confinement during from june onwards.. some even cut their hair but end up regret.. i think able to tie all up is better. at least u dun have any hair ard sholder area and irritates you. haha!! mine almost same period as u.. i permed before cny... total regret!! should have rebonded my hair instead..

so envy, u managed to lose weight even better than before preg!! i wish mine can too..

dacylet, at least u also put on weight.. from the 1st day i know i am preg till now, i only gained ard 1kg!! i think that explains y dr says baby is small...

just came back from lunch.. thought of eating western at canteen.. eat beef but stupid western food stall at canteen dun sell beef!!!! zzz....

actually, other than beef and durian, what else can we eat that helps to make baby bigger but not much for me leh?? i scared i eat too much and end up gaining alot weight!

hi MamaAsh,

Can help update mine. Thank you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

EDD: 12 dec

Gynae: Dr TC Lim

Hospital: Mt A

Next appt: 25/7/11

BB#: 3

Ydy my sis told me to sign up for prenatal aqua exercise at KKH but it's on Saturdays leh. Sianz... Wish to find some activities on weekday afternoons to kill time. I scared everyday eat & sleep will put on weight very quickly.

tdy's paper got advert on seminar by Stemcord to be held in July. Include talk on pregnancy care, breastfeeding and info on cord blood banking. Think admission's free. Anyone going?

I also think of getting insurance for bb but prefer to stick to 1 agent settle all my policies. Currently with AIA. I think if sign up for Mt A's ladies card got 6 mths' Great Eastern insurance for bb?

More mummies find out gender this wk liao. Have you all started to brainstorm for bb name? Or wait bb born bring to fortune-teller get name? Whenever we brainstorm for name, we sure end up laughing then stuck, no conclusion. Coz hubby's surname is "Zhu", sounds like pig. Most name combi end up a potential nickname/joke. Haiz.. nvm, still got 5 mths to think thru!

Yallo-cesarian upon admission pay cash deposit $2607, medisave $3950. 3days stay , 1bedded. no complication tat price.

Jac: Same!!! I also went to perm my hair just before CNY this year, before that I was a rebonding person heh. Okay lah I like the fact that with permed hair no need to comb :p

MamaAsh: Wow it's really great that you manage to lose weight after breastfeeding! I also gain close to 5kg liao, I'm currently in Wk17 (realise our EDD is ~3days apart!). But this is my first child leh haha so I got no excuse for the fast weight gain ooops.

CT: Ohhh so total cost at KKH is about $6557 then? Hmm if that's the case then it seems like actually Mt. Alvernia cost is still quite comparable, because for Caesarian w GA the Medisave will be $3500 and cash portion between $2625 to $3315, depending what kinda single room you choose. I also not sure what their deluxe / super deluxe means haha, haven't gone for the hospital tour yet.

Chan PL: Eh I didn't know signing up for Mt. A ladies card gives Great Eastern insurance??? Better go back and look through the brochure again haha blur me just paid the money without looking at what goodies it comes along with. As for names, my hubby has chosen the name Ariel if our baby turns out to be a gal, same name as Little Mermaid hee. Our choices more limited, coz he wants the name to be biblical. Chinese name... probably just think of it on our own, won't be going to fortune teller.

Jac: Mine is the normal medical plan, AVIVA myShield which includes all hospitalization (out patient and dread diseases covered as well) benefits (in fact i am covered till private and if i choose to go to govt and want to get into class B, i get cash refund) and i am topping up cash for rider premium. Payment is annually. Cash is abt: $240+. Cpf is abt: $158+. And becas at tat time i took this plan and they had the baby coverage for freee (it was a promo), i took it. So, my baby is covered for free. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] My agent is also my friend. So, am comfortable la. Anythin, can disturb her. hehe..

@ chan : I am interested in stemcord seminar. Do u know when is the stemcord seminar going to be held?

@ jac : jamu groupon - it does not seem like post natal massage. Better dun try!

@ all - all bosses are terrible! That's y I quit and do my own business. At least, I can sleep till 10am everyday without worry! My ex ex aust boss even scold f word to my colleague (2nd one who got pregnant without 6 mths) who got pregnant!

yallo, to me is skin itchy.. coz i haven do anything to my hair since 09 coz wedding and photoshoot in 10 mah.. den scared rebond le hair too stubborn cannot style so nv do hair.. den before cny, thought of giving a refresh look so i perm and dye.. actually perm before le but that time nv dye and the perm not gd.. but this time do actually its nice but i lazy to manage... whahahah!!!

wanna faster do it but these couple months weekend busy.. nowadays i always go jb do my hair le.. better and cheaper.. so now, no time to go, was thinking if i should pay more and do in sg.. but for the length of my hair, i think minimum 300plus!!! sob...

safiya, wow!! ur premium is on the high side de!! haha!! maybe thats y ur coverage is better and higher..

Hi MamaAsh

Thanks so much for the updates [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Chan PL n mummies out there

Actually I have a lobang for Stemcord.. I jus signed up with them last mth n they r having a promotion then

Wanted to ask if anyone of u are interested but I'm too busy to write .. So sorry abt it

I have this contact who can come all the way to u to tell u more abt storing up ur bb cord blood

The cord blood contains lots of stem cells that can be used to cure 70+ kinds of blood-related diseases.

This amt can be paid by the Child Dev Acct (CDA) in future. Thus u end up paying half. Sub year shd b $250. When u quote my name upon signing up .. Both of us enjoy $50 off for 2nd yr. Let me knw if ur interested n I will pass u the contact

For first yr, Usual Price is $1280 (before GST)

If your gynae has tied up with Stemcord, the price will be $1200 (before GST)

2nd year onward will b $275 (before GST)

Dun need to go for the seminar as this lady can feed u with all the info u need thus saving ur time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pls PM - [email protected] if u are interested. 

Mamaash,

Thanks for updating!

Re: cordblood

My fren told me to wait till baby fair. Got another co. cordlife or something like tt seems to b cheaper. So I guess I will wait till fair to sign up coz got promotion.

Hi Happygal ..

Yup wait till the bb fair .. Then also call up stemcord to compare the rates .. N chose the one w the best deals [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tat wat I did .. Stemcord has a better deal last mth .. But mayb Cordlife might come up w better deal soon

But well if u wan stemcord .. Remb to PM me for my detail then both of us can enjoy $50 off for the 2nd year [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

safiya,

i also cover my whole family under aviva myshield! but my bb one is not FOC bcoz i want the plan 1 for #1, only plan 2 is FOC for the kids...

Talking about not being able to sleep, I woke up after 4hrs of sleep for a pee and can't seem to get back to sleep after 'flipping' about for an hour. Can feel a headache coming in, it's been like this on and off for a while.

So envious of mummies attending gynae visit recently and knowing their baby's gender, I still have to count down to 20 Jul..

Hi MamaAsh,

Can help update mine.

EDD: 9 Jan 2012

Gynae: Dr Eunice chua

Hospital: TMC

Next appt: 25/7/11

BB#: 4

morning everyone!! TGIF!!! =D

u all getting the cordlife thingy??

dawn, dun worry, all will be fine.. maybe u dun move ard so much??

low placenta means baby is lower in tummy??

kimiko, me same with u.. if wake up in the middle of the night, cant slp after that so somehow i tell myself i duwan go toilet at night!! maybe try not to drink so much water before bedtime?? dun worry.. 20 july very fast de.. u will know urs VERY soon..

congrats to all mommies who got to knw the bb gender! i m very excited tooo!

@Ace: my hb signed up for the STEMCORD seminar next sat... and bcoz there r other interesting topics, so we will b heading down for the seminar...

high chance that i will b signing since hb is very keen on that....

@kimiko:

lets count down together! guess i will b the last to know since my appt is 21 jul (nite clinic)... hope to knw the gender too! but i will only be abt 17+ wks by then so nt sure if can see anot!

@Low placenta:

Dawn, u dun be too worried... perhaps it will b gd to seek advice frm gynae on wat u shuld b careful abt...etc?

or maybe experienced mommies can also share with us abt low placenta?

Hi Jasline

Okie dokie .. But do email me to get my detail so tat we can get $50 rebate for the 2nd year [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jaslin, some ppl says baby's gender can be detected as early as 12-16 weeks. duno how true.. my scan shows 16w+/- 10 days.. but from the 1st EDD that gynae record, i am ard 18w.. so.. very soon!!! now prep to tell baby to cooperate.

@Jacqueline:

yup, my fren gets to knw the gender (bb boy) at wk 13!

so i tink our bb rily ve to cooperate...

& since its my 1st bb, i m so excited to knw the gender, and can start buying stuf.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Low placenta - at the later stage the placenta will move up for some cases. So I hope its the same for you, Dawn.

Ace,

Thanks for the info. Will keep in mind when i ready to sign on the cordblood storage. :)

gbh,

What's ur experience like with cordlife? Are u going to sign up with the same co. for #2?

Dawn,

I googled this for you. Check out the tips for low lying placenta.

http://www.healthcaremagic.com/healthpage/placenta-is-low-lying

Basically, they say no hard and heavy lifting. There is also a high chance placenta will move upwards as u progress into later stages. If thats the case, no need to worry too much yah. :)

Jac & Kimiko,

I do frequently have problems falling asleep after a late nite visit to toilet. Geez... getting annoying.

Jac & Jas,

Yah! My fren got to noe at 12th wk too but my baby not very cooperative. Cross my fingers that I can see the gender tmr! Hands itchy to buy some stuff...

Kimiko,

Very fast wan. 21 july juz around the corner.:)

Anyone going for hypnobirthing course? It's suppose to teach u how to reach a state of deep relaxation to bring you thru' easier labour process.

good morning to all!

Yallo: Mt A card also got discount for family health screening, discount for 1-2 bedded, special rate for prenatal course. I've yet to sign up for the card though. Thot of doing so together with prenatal course registration.

Shasha: Stemcord seminar will be held on 16 July, 11-5pm. You can view the details here: http://www.stemcord.com/seminar.html

Ace: apparently Mt A card also got tie-up with Stemcord. Not sure what's the special price. If your lobang better I'll contact you. Thanks!

Kimiko/Jac: I also wake up 3-4 times a nite to pee. Initially cant get back to sleep but now no problem. Sometimes even doze off for a few min on toilet seat. I checked those preg website, say it's common to urinate often at nite due to increase blood volume. Bad news is it'll continue till we give birth.

Good morning to all!

So long didnt post here and hard to catch up. Just went to check up this morning and know that is baby gal..

MamaAsh,

can help me to update, thanks

EDD: change to 20/12/2011

bb gender: girl

Dawn,

i also told by gynae that my placenta a bit low. that's y i have brown discharge or sometimes even reddish but she said is fine as long as only little discharge..maybe it's also due to bb pat pat sit on it. haha...

Turning to page 2 n 3 of the link i gave, its getting super scary made me more worry haizzxx pray hard now

Gynae already told me no sex now (as mentioned in 1st paragraph in page 2) hope it doesnt get worse.....

I was too stun yesterday to ask anything, the gynae keep asking me "any qns"?? N my hubby does not know what is low lying palcenta thus nv ask also

Gynae did mention wait for detail scan on 11 aug to final confirm n mention i am prone to bleedingnow,,,, hope it gets better, this pregnancy seems so complicated, first depression n now this haizzz

Hi Dawn, how are you coping with depression? Please don't worry too much about your low placenta at the moment. Try your best to follow doctor's advices and hope for the best, don't think negatively k?

On the baby's gender issue, my gynae didn't want to make any guess at all. Kept telling us to wait for detailed scan, making me so anxious because It seems like I'm going to miss GSS by the time I know baby's gender. Though it's approaching, 20 Jul is like so near yet so far. Probably that's why sometimes after getting up to pee I can't sleep anymore.. Too anxious and keep thinking about things

Hi! Everyone.

Congrats to all mummies to be n mummies.

Can I check, I had my 15 weeks scan done n my gynae say look like girl but only can confirm at detailed scan. Anyone experience gynae say one gender then detail scan is another.

hi all,

Dawn, my doc also casually mentioned my placenta on lower side at wk16, think most times, it'll move up slowly as we progress.

Same thoughts as u, 2nd preg like giving me more worries, is it cos our uterus like gone "hay wire" after the 1st birth? haiz... on top of it, i still gotta wait for amnio result plus worry abt detail scan too. First preg, i was more excited with every scan but now more worried instead.

Hi mommies!

Just to update:

I'm having a girl! Actually was told so since week 13 but doc just kinda confirmed last week as the 3 lines were seen. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Going into my 19th week and I m still vomiting..With bad heartburn still.. Every nite I'll wake up every 2 hrs to pee.. My friend who is in her third trimester is waking up like 10 times a nite! Sigh.. Seems like a long way to go Mann!

I totally agree that while being preg is a blissful thing, the worries that come with it is uncountable.. It's indeed tough yet admirable being a mother!

Great job, all mothers & MTBs out there!

As for cord blood banking, I think if u r taking the 21 years package, cordlife will be slightly more cost saving. Thinking abt all the costs to incur for having a bb, it's really tough having & raising one in Sg! Despite the fact that one can choose not to pamper the kid, you can can't help but want to provide the best possible.. BBs, u all better be gd ok!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi mummies~

ltjabi,

there is always a chance that initially is a girl, but turn out to be boy. depends on the experience of the doc, and how detail they can capture the image of the baby. sometime, it also could be due to wrong image being shown on the screen that resulted wrong prediction.

Flee,

Congrats. Little princess on your way [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jass,

do take care of yourself. try not to lift heavy stuffs or exercise or walk too fast.

Hi MamaAsh .. Care to enlighten more on it?

For stemcord .. Wat I understand is tat they hv 2storage place n it is highly secure

Most of my church ppl r w Stemcord n since my gynae is tied up with them n the promo last mth is better than Cordlife..

Thus my hubby decided to sign with Stemcord.

I had a friend who did a comparison last mth.. Said he will go w whoever tat is of a better offer

Thus mayb u can share w us abt the storage of Cordlife

Thks Dacylet!

Was hoping to have a boy first cos I am more used to be having all nephews from my family side.. on a contrary, my hubb's side all nieces! haha.. i very scared of girls who cry alot.. hope BB is a lil' smiley.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks mamaAshfor the fast update!

does any mommy know what happens if u donate the cord blood to public cord blood banking instead?

Hi Ace,

as per my understanding, main diff is that stemcord stores into two packs at 2 diff locations at Sci Park I& II respectively. Cordlife only stores one pack at one of the Sc Parks. However, in terms of technology, Cordlife claims to be able to extract more stem cells out of the cord blood. Cordlife oso provides some level of insurance(US25K) should anything happens to the cord blood resulting in it being unable to be used.

i was thinking hard on a decision too.. most likely to go for cordlife.. hope this helps.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i feel its good to read up the cord blood donation terms and their FAQ etc... this will allow you to compare whether to donate or store your own. To donate is not so simple they will go through series of checks then you can ask question on the cord blood banking consultants.

Back