(2011/12) Dec 2011

J03- how abt resort worlds or marina sands... Think a sister was letting go latter at a cheaper price.but yes still boring as spore, but ur son will enjoy universal studios?

Almondz - Eat also in bed.. -.-'' I eat at my dinner table.. I have been lying in bed since Monday..

Sunday I was given the pregesterone jab.. spotting did stop a while.. but came back on Monday morning..

J03- beach resort sounds heaven to me now.krabi is nice too, tiger air always have discount for tat.but if beach u have to exclude the sea sports n snorkeling ?

see what I found on the net..

newborns have the fastest heartbeat rates, ranging from 100 to 160 beats per minute [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies,

I rebonded n trimmed my hair in my last tri of pregnancy for my number 1 jus confirm w gynea will do. The only pantang thing I followed was not being in the house if there's new furniture coming in or drilling/reno going on. I still walked over drains, went on holiday, ate crabs...

Just to share... I had bleeding during my first tri. Initially doc said it's a threatened abortion due to blood collected in my placenta. I was on bed rest for a month w injections every 3 days. 1 day i saw fresh blood then rushed to kkh and another gynea told me it's because of low lying placenta and it wasn't anything to worry abt because usually placenta will move up later in pregnancy. After another jab everything finally stabilized for the rest of the pregnancy.

Hi clb

US is gd but i cant enjoy now so dun want spend so much go in but cant play most rides.. Hee.. Wait till all rides r open first too.. Krabi i just went last yr.. And stupid tiger airline delay my flight.. If go resort.. I will sit at the beach to let the wind blow n relax while my hb n son play sand n swim.. Hee.. So i dun mind if no snorkeling.. Heaven feel now.. Thks for ur suggestion..

I feel like a pig today as hv been sleeping.. Just now wakeup at 6-8 prepare son n hb to school/work, then sleep till 8 to 10plus.. Thot i wun sleep so go rest on bed but fall asleep fr 4:30-5-30pm.. Woah.. Wht a relax day for me today.. Am i really soo tired? Shock me...;)

J03- Hee ya tiger famous for flight delays. U have sleep debt, so catching up on sleep now. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. Hmm was thinking of staying at hard rock cafe at resorts world but now u mentioned can't take rides abit wasted to visit US also. Where else can I go ? Boat triP to bintan out as I have motion sickness on boats.

langkawi?? joanne, it seems like a nice place!! if can take plane i also wanna go phuket or honeymoon.. lolx!!! but thinking of $$$, sigh..

clb, initially i thought of booking local hotels for some occasions... but hor, really sound boring leh... and not cheap... top up a bit more can chop passport! lolx!!

Kailing>> hubby not happy with me agreeing to be her jm too. So maybe no choice, I hv to tell her the truth or if I can think of a better white lie. Let her go and find another replacement soon.

Regarding holiday, I alrdy booked my air ticks to kr with my family and supposed to be flying in Jun. But my mum & hubby thinks I shld give it a miss [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] cos still within 1st trim and there is alot of walking ard. Kinda sad cos I hv been waiting to go jeju island for the Teddy bear musuem. Hubby promised to bring me to US next yr after given birth. Let's hope all is well

& smooth for us. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I hv taken my leave, so either I stick to it by resting at Hm or save the leave by gng back to work but tell my colleagues that the trip is cancelled cos not enough paxs. :p

Hi jac n missus

Ya lor., now if want go holiday.. Better go resort as no need walk to much n just slack at hotel..hee..

Hi clb

Ya, i feel that i am trying to get back my lost sleep too.. Hope tonight can sleep else will be looking at the roof.. Hee.. How abt batam.. The trip not so far and i think by 2nd trimester, u may not vomit anymore..;) i feel we shd travel on 2nd trinester else after give birth, we may not bear to leave bb in sin n travel out ourselves for too long..;) thats how i feel when hv my son.. Cant enjoy my trip that time as keep miss my son at sin.. Hee..

Joanne>> ya, staycation in local hotel.. ;)

I think I spotted a bit today. When I wiped, nothing.. But I think I see some thin brown spots on my undergarment.. Tmi, sorry! Will cont to monitor.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Juz hope everything is ok with me.

haiz. Think for now we are limited to these few places unless got clearance to go oversea from the doc. think for now can only go m'sia, batam or bintan. most pple suggest short trip not long haul. for some they are worried abt air travel b/c of radiation.

langkawi is quite a nice place to juz relax.

i am trying to "REN" until maybe mid of 2nd trim then ask doc if he give me clearance to travel. i'm feeling the "dry spell" of not traveling while hubby is going to be traveling alot for work in the next couple of months. damn jealous.

Hi mommies, if cannot travel by flight, can we travel by car n go to malaysia or Genting around weeks 8 or weeks 10?

Went for my apt just now and I'm surprised to see an active baby!

BB was practically jumping around, kicking his legs and waving at us! Doctor keep saying " See! See! your bb waving and jumping!

Edd date change : 4th Dec

Next appt : 31 may

clarrissa - shiok rite! the feeling of seeing your bb move is really out of this world esp without the scan we have absolutely no idea how the bb is doing. My bb was kicking too but I dont hv the scan photo for it...cos not clear.....but am happy just watching it!

What is 4D scan hah? So far, I only encountered 3D scan.

Thanks for checking for me, really grateful! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] As for Dr Chan, I just cant find the right slot to see him and the clinic doesnt want to discuss rates until I go down so I've given up and went for another gynae. She's v chirpy and her charges are reasonable too. I paid $140 for urine test, consultation and scan on Mon. She charges $1200 for natural, $1500 for vacuum/ forceps and $2000 for C sec. Pkg starts at week 12 at $600 incl scan at week 22, 32 (i.e all the tests except week 12 test) etc. If you want unlimited US, add $300. Dont know about visit rate tho - I shall ask next time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I really quite like this gynae, she's more re-assuring and Im not so frightened now (my first was nice too but made me rather paranoid). I shared with her my fears and concerns and she was quick to assure me that if bb has heartbeat and is moving ard, I really should not worry cos M/C is very remote and should enjoy the process [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

So LMP more accurate? My scan so far all ard early dec but if based on LMP, will be late Nov.....

For stretch mark cream, my sis keep saying better early than late else live to regret, so i started liao...but i dont have discipline....I'm using clarins cream but will switch to the oil after 1st tri. I like the smell but it has rosemary essential oil which I understand is no-no for pregnancy leh, yet Clarins say it's safe for pregnant ladies....very confused by all the info.....

OK, gd luck all MTBs, let's all look forward to more "swimming" babies waving at us! And bye soon to 1st trimester and MS! Yeah!

Btw, any experienced mummies know when melasma may kick in? I am prone to pigmentation so am abit concerned.

Is it also true that appearance of melasma can be predictive of bb's gender?

Jacq- initially wanted to book hotel room at marina or somewhere to enjoy the national day fireworks...hee trying to be romantic but i initiated one...not dh...then now he needs go back reservist... so i sian...agree pay abit more can chop passport, but i scared of travelling overseas, what is something happens overseas (touchwood)...but seems some do travel in 2nd trim... how's ur MS today?

j03, u travelled last time too when u were preg with ur boy?

mel- think by car is fine...genting sounds so cooling and shiok to me now.. spore so hot recently! thinking of the A&W in mysia now, with the refreshing root beer float...yummy!

Hi almondzz...I had my pregnancy thru ivf too..now suddenly got spotting..so stress n scary nw..can I check with u which week u have yr spotting??my is only 5weeks 5 days..so helpless nw..really worried

Hi mummies, I have had colorless discharge since a few days ago and suddenly increased yesterday. Then today I have a tinge of brown discharge. Not only that my tummy also felt cold like having menses like that, is this normal? I felt so uncomfortable and worried.

Dear moomies, I'm quite worried...

During the day, I mentioned about brown spotting.. But afterwork i spotted pinkish discharge.. So called TMC but my gynae clinic has closed for the day.. So went to KKH O&G clinic

The doc did v-scan, and say can't find hbeat, but he seems unconvinced of himself and told me "hope I was wrong".. Aft that I went toilet I saw lumps of blood, like menses.. But I dun feel cramp or anything.. More like a stress and worried "cramp" like feel...

By time I reach home, 9pm order, the lumpy things keep appearing... But I'm not soaking my pad nor cramp...anyway, I really hope all is well, will see my gynae tomo, since KKH doc unable to scan properly.. He was very rough and keep missing the image, on the grainy monitor he has.. I hope he didn't do more damage .. I will really regret that...

This is my #3 ideally, if count the miscarriage I had last Nov.. Really hope all is well tomo..

My gynae did say this may be tough one, she term this "threaten abortion" as she saw some crescent shape white thing near the sacs on our 1st appt, it was nearly 6wks then...really hope for the best...

Sorry mommies, if I sound babbling nonsense, as I really worried...

Mommydee, oh dear I understand how worried you are. Don't think

so much.. I hope that everything is gonna be ok.

Hopefully tmr gynae say everything is ok.

Rest well and take care ya.

Kimiko>> I think I'm having the prob as u... My ewcm increased lately.. Ytd there was tinged of brown spotting on my u/w. Then I kept having cramp even til now... Kinda worrying me too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] my next scan is on fri evening, dunno wanna push fwd anot.

Mummydee>> I heard there is something like misdiagnosed m/c so dun let wat the gynae said affect u. Suggest u go for a sec opinion.

Hope we are juz scaring ourselves here & nothing too major is actually happening.

cancelled our italy trip...sigh...was so looking forward to it...but rather cancel and waste some money rather than something happen to BB...

now thinking of cruise or desaru...not sure if my wife can take the boat ride to bintan or batam...but cruise all fully booked le...too last min...go Italy sure have to walk alot...

i confirmed KK no 3 or 4D scan...i guess that's a frills thing thus higher charges for it...

gosh...sounds so scary...hope all's fine for all the mummies here...

hopefully next week see gynae for 1st time can hear HB to assure myself everything is ok...

Good morning Ladies... I am writing this thread now from Gleneagles Hospital Ward. I was admitted last night after I came in for emergency. It was a usual day for me; felt the usual nausea and tired, slept in the afteroon...at about 7pm, I went to the loo, wiped twice saw fresh blood, after that I decided to go bed-rest but then felt like something was coming again so went again to loo, this time, there was a clot like a small ball of maybe half cm or maybe less. I picked it up from the toilet and kept it in a ziplock bag, rushed myself down to A&E Gleneagles. I was worried, hot flashes came, perspiring out of anxiety. I was alone and my husband was away in KL somemore.... I was so convinced at that time that I lost the baby!!

My gynae came about 10pm, told me to be admitted immediately, 100% bed rest except for toilet. He did not do a scan and was pretty "cool" about it. He told me that nothing to worry, the fact that it is a clot (like a lump ball) and not alot (to me it was alot lor but to both the nurse and doctor it is very little and common), he was not too worried about it. He did not do a scan either because he did not want to irritate the uterus any further and he kept on saying that "we should now let the uterus rest". His explaination to me was: because this is my first pregnancy, there is bound to be some bleeding here and there inside the uterus due to some abrasion. The bleed is little and accummulate day by day and when I walk too much, it just comes out in a form of a blood clot. He said, as long as it is not like mensus flow, he is not too worried. I felt a little sense of relief but then still worried at the back of my mind. He also said that it is best to be extremely careful during the first 12 weeks.

Doctor visited me again this morning and again told me to rest, he really stress on rest, not moving the pelvic area. He says after 12 hours or so, he may do a scan on me (fingers crossed). I had some nausea feeling and little cramps last night so maybe still a good sign but this morning like no more that feeling. I am all messed up now so really don't know anymore what to feel.

Anyway, after that clot, there was no further bleeding the entire night and this morning except for some brown little wee spotting.

So, I hope my story can help you ladies out there who is spotting... REST IS VERY IMPORTANT and I think this is especially so for first time pregnant ladies since our uterus is moving into the many changes to accommodate the baby. So to those who are spotting, go see your doctor and rest, rest, rest is all we could do now.

I will update you ladies later after my scan, please pray for me, I have gone this far, really hope my baby will stick.

Till then, take care Ladies.

Sometimes i wish we have a DIY scan machine at home so that we are able to see how is bb inside us all the time. Waiting for next appt is so stressful!

morning mummies .. do you all wake up to pee in the night? I will wake up automatically 3-4 times every night.

mummydee - all will be well for you de. see your gynea later.

Almond>> oh dear.. Pls hv a good rest! Relieved to know that the bb is still safe inside u. It sounds really scary esp for first time mum like us. I'm having cramp when I walk too long or too fast. After reading what u hv said, maybe I shld really rest on my desk and try not to walk too much. My hubby wanta me to take leave and rest at home for 1st trim but i am still considering. Meanwhile, pls stay positive & cheer up!

AC>> I oso wasted $$$ for my kr trip. But no choice, like u said, safety of the bb comes first.

Joanne>> I oso hope there is such thing affordable in the market. We can use it when we feel "paranoid". :p

Littledarling>> I only woke up once every night, usually by 5am. Haha..

my wife have to stand half a day for her work...then walk quite a distance to MRT station...wish she will practice her driving so that she can drive to work...

lucky i wasted 3 days of hotel and some for airlines only...cos it was not package...now trying to talk to the hotels and airlines to waive the admin charges as the reason is medical...

@mummydee: in fact i was having brownish/pinkish discharge last week, and the discharge was very heavy last Friday so i immediately went down to gynae.

gynae also culdnt hear the HB... but he diagnosed me with the utrogestan pill and asked me to rest more... i will be back next thursday for my next visit...

but to be frank, i m still having spotting everyday. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

so i really pray that everything will be good for u..

@almondzz: i hope u r feeling better!! And yes, i fully agree with u that REST is very impt!

praying that both u & ur baby will be fine!! stay strong!!!!

Thanks for the well wishes. The feeling is just terrible, mixed, worried... you name it !! So better be safe than sorry... forget about travels, etc... (my general advise).

Jasline / Mummydee - you hang in there, know exactly how you feel, nothing we cna do now but rest and hope.

mummydee and almondzzz : take good care! rest more and stay positive..

littledarling - yes. i wake up 2-3 times a night to go toilet too.

Hi stardust

May i know wht is melasma?

Hi clb

It was soo many yrs ago, i cant recall whether travel or not during pregnancy...

Hi mummydee, almondzz, wendy, jasline

Oh no.. My heart worry when read ur post.. Really is impt to bedrest more during first trimester.. But mummydee, i read that u r resting at home when bleed? Hope bb hb can detect soon in ur next scan.. Jiayou, take care n tok to ur bb daily.. Pray hard daily too.. I hv bad memory two yrs ago so know how worried r u now.. Infact, i am very stress n worried for each scan i went too.. But we must hv confident with our bb and try relax..

Hi missusbl

Me actually take leave this wk to rest at home n will try rest as much as i can for first trimester.. As my boss tell me off saying why i want to keep my leave?? He say u want 因小失大ma? On hearing wht he say, i am scare too so quickly take leave though my sympton is only tired, fatigue..my bb are most impt than anything else now.. At least i feel no need stress at work which is gd though i always sit at my desk too n no need walk much but i think i need the sleep.. I will try take leave or mc for next wk too hoping to rest as much as i can for the first 10wks at least... U do take care too...

Hi almondzz

Doc Foong is one of my gynea last time too.. U r in gd hands so no worry k.. I think u can trust wht he says.. Rest well n hope ur mum is at least with u this period since ur hubby is away.. Hope he can come home soon too.. U r resting at home yesterday when it sudden bleed? Or did u carry anything heavy? Do rest well on bed today.,,

Hi wendy

When will be ur next scan for hb? Take care gal.. If brown spot shd be ok..

Yes, walk slow is impt.. Me try to walk abit fast chase for a bus yesterday n feel cramp after that..zzzzz...so worry... Hubby nag at me n say i cant take care of myself well when he is not beside me as he is at work... So i think i dun dare walk fast anymore.. We r so fragile now.. Hope bb r healthy n sticky sticky to all mummies..

To all mummies who are experiencing spotting...

Pls put yourself to full BEDREST as advised by almondzz, nothing is more impt now.... And hope that all Yr spotting will stop soon. Kimiko n missus bl, just bring forward Yr Appt if possible lor n meanwhile rest n monitor, go see gynaen make sure everything ok is better than worrying whole day, that my opinion lah....

Stay positive, all mummies! Ganbatte ne!

Almondzz, Jasline & Missus BL,

Hope everything will be fine.

I think all of us can understand the feeling, in fact now everytime i go toilet i also scare when i wipe.

And also everytime the day b4 my appt i cannnot sleep keep worried and think a lot.

For spotting or brown discharge actually yesterday Dr Adrain got tell me can increase Duphaston now he give me 2 times a day he say if i see brown discharge or what can increase to 3 times.But true i think bedrest really works lor and try dun walk too much now even in office i also try go lunch in nearby place only.

joanne>> no one in ofc know i'm expecting.. my sis said i shld tell to reduce my workload but i'm quite pantang in a way so i dun feel like telling. my workload is quite heavy and stressful, which i thought it somehow affected my chances of conceiving until i got a bfp this time. veri surprising indeed!!

sometimes i feel like taking no pay leave and rest until things are more stable. but i oso scare if i stay at home, i will think east think west. i wanna see what my gynae says on fri b4 deciding. but i must say the priority changed after we are expecting. now everything is bb #1. that's y i oso dare not to resign impulsively cos need $$ after the bb is out.

littlefren>> no spotting today as of now. jus cramp. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] thks for your concern, babe.

Jas: u mean when u tell dr adrian about spotting, he issue Duphaston to consume twice daily? i got from him last fri and need to consume 3 times per day... but i'm still having spotting...

kailing,

I got no more spotting but i tell him i will suddenly got this very light brown discharge but when wipe no more so he say eat 2 times ley.

You want to call and check with him? because he is tell me if got spotting increase to 3 times but since yours already 3 times still spotting must check with him how le?

Hi all, am new to this forum.. =)..just went for checkup ydae and saw bb's heartbeat flashing on the screen..=D..

Mamaash: Can add me to the table as well? =)..thanks! =)

EDD: 31 Dec 2011

Gynae: Dr John Yam

Hospital: GlenE

BB#: 1

Hi mummies, spotting and discharge not the same right? If I only have very very little brown discharge (just a tinge) and now no more, is it still of concern?

Littlefren, can we just call our gynae to check? I have my gynae's office no. but I'm not sure how they handle phone calls. Now the weird cold feeling also subsided.

Hi all, ya agree we shld try to rest more n walk less if possible. Yday I walked more than usual then also had crampy feeling at night. Today trying to rest more too. I was also told if see 1/2 small spotting just take another duphaston up to 4 times a day. But spotting alot then better see gynae.

Dear mommies who are having spotting, please rest well and take good bed rest. Although I am not the one spotting but by reading your thread I also feel quite worried an hopes everything would be fine for you gals. Hopefully all our babies inside us will be safe throughout the pregnancy.

Cheers!

Dearest almondz, am praying for you & your little one. U be fine. (i was the same last month) Keep praying and stay positive. Im so touched u took the effort to write the post despite in hospital. JIA YOU!!

It's distressing whenever there's spotting or bleeding during pregnancy, I went through this phase before and understand what you are going through. Remember to rest well, think positive and talk to your baby to stick to you.

I have a balance of 17 tablets of duphaston (exp June 2015). PM me if interested.

Hi missus

Ya, me pantang too but i feel is impt to let my boss know.. At least he can understand if i keep take leave n he wun sttess me further.. Me had a stressful work environment too so take so long to bfp again.. Hence my bb is my priority now.. I dun want care abt work since co. dun pity us in anything.. We must always protect ourselves n our bb.. If by letting ur boss knows can lessen ur workload or stress.. Why not? Moreover, our bb need a relax environment now.. I am surprise that i drop tear when tell my boss as he shows understanding and gives me advise to rest well for these few wks.. Really cant imagine if i dun say.. I may be working stressful again this period of time and may hurt my bb indirectly..since u say u r working in a stressful environment, i think u shd tell ur boss.. Just tell him that u dun wish him to tell anybody yet until after first trimester.. This is wht i tell my boss too.. Asking him not to tell anyone yet.. And i am glad that i had told my boss, as i get to rest at home now.. Think we hv to gauge the priority now..;)

Back