(2011/12) Dec 2011

2boysmummy,

i am a ftwm with a 2 yr old girl. I like salty stuffs too. I make small bits of sandwiches to bring to work. Every 2 hours i eat a bit. I also bring prunes and mini pau. all small snacks.

Kimoko, at least you yours got heartbit liao. Mine i conceive on an unexpected date, so the bb size not according to the LMP. My gynae first visit told me i may have m/c. Went back on monday, baby grow a bit (record 5.5 weeks, 5mm), but still no heart beat yet. waiting for next Monday scan again.

WE all jia you ok!!

Hi all, i think my EDD shld be early dec or late nov. Seen my gynae when i was 5wks (last week), only see the waterbag which gynae said usu 5 wks cant see the heartbeat..and no measurement of anything which some of you wrote....Hmm..another 2 wks to see her again which is like so long.

cant help to feel worry cos' other than no good appetite, i dont have much MS.

Hopefully i can see "blink blink" in my next appointment.

Hi Littlefren,

Hearing from you really cheers me up! Thanks so much for sharing. It really proves that getting the right gynae is very crucial. Which gynae do you go to at KKH? I had heard of Dr Han and he was the doctor who got rid of my mum's women's problem the first time he saw her so he left me quite an impression. Will you be giving birth at KKH as well? I think my EDD is 5 Dec [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yes everyone, let's all stay positive! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

manunited: I was feeling perfectly ok except loss of usual good appetite when I was around week 4-5. Week 5 was also the starting of those nauseousness, giddiness and the up and down appetite. Everyone experiences different kinds of symptoms and I was smirking in my heart when I thought I wouldn't have to go through those nauseousness or even MS but guess I was wrong. My mum told me she started having MS once she missed her period when she was carrying my brother. So don't worry too much. Enjoy while you can, even better if you can do without MS.

The scan you gals talk about, issit "intrusive" (think you all know what I mean)? Or just scan from outside your tummy? A little nervous about it... especially since gynae is male...

yallo: The gynae had to do a vaginal scan because the tummy scan cant see my fetus clearly. It is very common when we are only a few weeks pregnant. If you are not comfortable with a male gynae, why not find a female gynae instead? I have no special preference but it seems like most of the better gynaes are usually male

2boysmummy, didnt get anyone through the phone.. went straight down instead...

i have to say dr heng is pretty gd... although chop chop type but assuring... hubby feels comfy abt her too!!

went to her earlier... initially need to wait for more than an hr coz her appt all full (she is really popular!) but luckily patients havent arrive so i get to see her 1st..

did the scan and saw the dot! knew my EDD as well after the scan too! haha!!! doc heng says cramps should be quite normal as the womb is hard as trying to expand or something like that... as long as there is no bleeding...

wow!!! so many dec mummies coming in! so excited! haha!!!

kimiko, i agree, maybe try changing gynae... u must be comfy with him/her coz they are the one gonna accompany u for the next few mths!

yallo, i did ultrasound... is intrusive the 1 that they use the thing to insert? i did that with a male gynae before.. should be ok.. they dun really see your private area... somehow they can "feel" the opening..

so what supplements r you all talking other than folic acid? i am also taking duphanson...

kimiko, i think u r feeling the same as 2boysmummy? not eating much... maybe can try smaller quantity and more meals?? i think all mummies to be have different experience... so smooth but some having probs like some of us.. as long as baby is ok, nothing is more impt bah.

jacqueline: my appetite is really unpredictable, sometimes I feel like eating a lot, sometimes I see food I feel like vomiting.

Anyone going to KKH for consultation and delivery? I'm thinking of switching there but their 'packages' made me really confused. Got the private suite, delivery suite then premier and classic hospitalisation? The doctor's consultation fee includes scan as well? Please advise.

hi jac, glad everything is fine with u.. so when ur EDD??

dun ni to take add supp.. just take whatever ur gynae give..that is sufficient..

i just took a handful of rice with some vegetables.. after 10 mins go toilet thinking of vomiting but nothing come out.. terrible feeling.. how i wish this can end soon...

Hi,

I'm seeing dr sf Loh, cos I hv been seeing him for 4 yrs while trying to conceive, cos I'm pcos, so naturally I just go back to him when I'm pregnant, he's head of infertility. I think u dun hv to ask for him unless u want to. ;) he's waiting time is abt 2 hrs, last week I waited for 2.5 hr! Wait till backside pain!

Dr han is my sil dr, heard good reviews abt him fr sil n other pp too ;) u may wanna try him. Ya, I plan to give birth at Kkh cos they have most of facility. As for package, I'm also very curious how much it will be, but I heard that package usu start fr week 12 or 16, plan to find out more during my next scan ;))

Kimiko, I understand how u feel, cos our measurements very small, at least my dr was more assuring n all smile! Sometimes I feel like just going down n measure again! Ha! My next Appt on 26 apr! 2 more weeks to go! 要忍!meanwhile I try to stay positive n tok to my bb ;) rest more so that no spotting!

I'm very choosy abt food now n always hungry! Maybe I'll learn fr Cindy n pack small meals. I have no ms so far, just smell some food feel neusous, but I keep burping n fart! Sorry, I know it's kinda disgusting but anyone else w same symptoms??? ;p

As for the vaginal scan, dun worry, the male docs are very pro, the process is very fast. Not painful although first feel time does feel funny been poked! Ha! Once our tummy bigger, will switch to abdominal scan! For once after being 30 yrs old, I hope that time flies!

2boysmummy: Did you deliver your previous two boys at Parkway East too? Could you comment on the process & service there?

Seems like many MTBs here stay in the east! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Me too, so I'm quite tempted to go Parkway East & Dr. Heng for the convenience. But a bit hesitant because I don't know anyone who has delivered there before, so no confidence that the staff there would be good and professional.

Thanks for all the reassurances on the vaginal scan. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] And yes! I'm hoping that time flies too!

AAH and I just realised I forgot to take my folic acid this morning... shucks... ><

Morning all. Today feel super moody.. do u all have this bad mood swing? Yesterday i felt so excited abt sat..because, first gynae visit ..but today i cant even smile... i duno why. i feel so tired and upset. usually at night i feel more hungry.. n seeing some food jus make me wanna puke.. but nv puke..

morning mummies!!

kimiko, i think u can call up and ask?? i thoiught there is only the private suite though...

2boysmummy, i think ur morning sickness is quite bad wor... if u r still not eating much, better go see doc... somehow, u will still need the energy for your daily life...

me same as yallo... 2boysmummy, can advise more on the place there?? i did my cyst removal there few years back.. bad experience actually... actually already condemn the hospital...

yallo, maybe u can put some in your bag in case u forget to take it in the morning, reach ofc still can eat (assume u r working)... on my way to work, i also thought i forgot my duphanson. luckily its in my bad.. hehez!!!

Ahfenny, i think it should be normal coz due to hormone changes, we will be experiencing mood swings also.. i guess thats the reason y u r feeling moody... what gynae says ytd is that headaches, nausea, giddiness is normal... but i really do wonder.. giddiness is normal.. den what if we faint on the roador at work?? hmmz...

the puking part should be nuasea bah.. as long u didnt vomit a lot, it should be ok??

i have a friend who was hospitalised and on drip for 2 week because of bad morning sickness... she was vomitting from morning till night and not eating anything...

yallo, i deliver my 1st at kkh which is 8 years back.. coz that time kkh is the cheapest n is a children hospital..

then 3 years back, got pregnant again, n did a comparison.. realised that kkh is not cheap anymore and further they dun have nite or sat clinic which i have to be on leave for doc appt..

Parkway East is cheap than kkh n Dr Heng has nite and sat clinic which is quite convenient..

i like the services there n the nurses are caring.. overall my experience is 80%..

ur guys might wan to consider the location of the hospital & clinic.. as this is for 30 plus week.. furthermore, last tri has to see doc every week...

last tri has to see doc every week??!! faint!!!

how cheap is it for parkway east?? but since its under parkway group, the pricing should be ard the same as other hospital in the group right??

2boysmummy, how much do you bring along for each visit?? i think her rates are quite high... ytd already spent 200 plus! =(

i dun noe how much cheaper... defintely cheaper than kkh...

coz is ur 1st time visit.. is more x.. anyway, she has package starting from 12 weeks which you can sign up.. it includes consultation, ultrasound, vitamins.. fish oil will be charge extra.. last round was $600.. dun noe increase price or not..

i checked with the cashier.. more or less the same lehz.. only consultation slightly cheaper..

package from 12 weeks is about $600 the last round? so meaning lets say i sign the package at week 12, after that subsequent visit i dun have to pay anymore other than the fish oil?? can we buy the fish oil outside??

Kimiko & Littlefren - for the vaginal scan, can I check if it is like PAP smear. I'm very bad with Pap Smear....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Can I also check if any of the MTBs feel more sick after taking the folic acid and supplements? I'll be feeling ok most of the morning until I take the supplements.....seems to be the same at nite too.

Hi stardust, I can rem what pap smear is like, cos I think I did vscan more often than pap smear.... Ha! Cos everytime I see doc while ttc is vscan n I see him like every 4 mths plus I had a m/c last Yr.... So ya... Kinda seasoned.

Vscan they used this long bar thats shaped like a penis, it wears a condom n doc will put gel on it so it slips in us easily. The process is v fast. N my other fren thinks that bar is a joke, cos it even wears a condom! Relax lah! It's really ok one, maybe u get a female gynae then maybe u more at ease. Actually I'm more worried of the result of the scan, whether bb growing well than the poke!

Just think of Yr bb and u ll be fine! I'm fine after eating the supplements. Does taking a sourish sweet or plum help?

morning everyone...

wow, looks like this thread is full of mummies now =)

stardust, other than folic acid, what aother supplement you take? my gynae only give me folic acid.. and now i do feel like puking as and when... zzz

jac, yes if you sign for the package at week 12, u dun have to pay anymore except blood test and fish oil.. the fish oil is $40 per bottle which last for 1 mth.. i dun noe whether can buy outside or not coz I didnt really check it out the price outside...

it depend whether you wan to take or not.. the smell is bad but for the sake of the bb, is worth it... so i took every mth till i gave birth...

hello hello everyone, would like to join this tread.

I am 7weeks plus preggy with my 2nd kid. 1st is already 4 yrs old. Went see dr Chan Kong Hon from glen e just a few days back. and yes, I am experiencing all those morning sickness and its really yucky vomiting whatever meals that went in. I became very particular with what I eat cos I will imagine how it will look like when it comes out in the next 30mins! hahaha... i am sticking to porr now cos it seems porridge is the easiest to come out and dun smell bad!... garlic smells sooo bad! yucky right [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

lets share experiences tog! I am wondering if its OK to exercise for now?

hi mummies,

why not donate your bb's cord blood? to save lives?? and if any of your kids ever need it(choyx3!!!), you only need to pay minimal fee, even if u only donate for 1 kid. and they'll inform u if yours are needed.

i would encourage mummies to seriously consider abt donating their bb' cord blood and help your bb to save lives! dun throw away just like tat!

to read/know more:

http://www.scbb.com.sg/

do call and arrange early as it takes some time for administrative works to be completed.

littlefren, nope, that 1 i am referring to 2boysmummy post... its for parkway east...

joanne, the fish oil taste really bad??? i dun remember taking it before... unless u mean the yu gan you that that 2 different flavour, the white and orange ones that kids uauslly drink??

would it be too early to start shopping for babies stuff now???

welcome clarrisa!! and congratz!!!

i think its ok to exercise as long as its not too heavy??

lolx!! u went to examine all the food u ate and came out??

joanne - you mean dha? my gynae =gave me plant extracts dha.. he was explaining this kind is free from mercury. i guess its for baby;s brain devt? same like you, I DO NOT like after tasste and smell. It makes me wanna vomit!

jac - i had a very tormenting experience with my 1st kid. Practically everything that goes in, comes out. I practically sleep by my pedestal pan so I cant help but think of what i ate that produces what comes out! and you wouldnt want to know my findings! It seems like this pregnancy is gonna be similar.

I think its kind of early to shop for baby stuff. dun worry, we will have loads of time later on [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so long the pocket is full!

People are saying its better to wait till end of tri 1 to exercise.. for baby to be more stable. But i have ang mo colleages who job 9mths throughout lo.. asians bodies are more fragile?

i mean who went jogging nine months through.. i am thinking more of like pre natel yoga and stationary bike. I read it helps to ease childbirth and helps in getting back pre-preg wts

clarrisa, ur morning sickness seems really bad for your 1st 1.. now u mentioned 2nd 1 seems similiar?? well, maybe similiar but who knows not as bad??

i wish my pocket is full!! my kuku hubby recently still can tell where he wanna put baby's bed, etc.. buy car seat.. and where to celebrate for baby's shower and who to invite!! i almost fainted..

i think its not we more fragile but we are more kiasi?? its also the same for weddings.. there r alot things that can be done for ang mos.. but chinese everything also cannot.. i am sure there r also some food that ang mo will still eat but we chinese will say cannot coz harmful to the baby... even the 1 mth confirement without bathing (or just bathing with herbs), i think the ang mo will still bathe!

Hi all!

Seems like most of u are experiencing some kind of symptoms. I don't feel anything at all! Other than missing my period and the home pregnancy tests showing positive, I feel no different from normal. That's why it feels so unreal. Still doing my regular exercise and eating the same! Think I need a confirmation from a gynae before I'll feel like I'm pregnant. :-/

tangerine, you are the lucky one... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

do u know how many weeks already?

tangerine, when is ur appt with doc?

actually i heard from my fren who was told by her gynae that having the symptoms is gd and better coz it means the baby is giving out alot hormones and meanign baby is developing well.. and in a way will feel safer...

u might wanna check with your gynae or maybe your symptoms will come a bit later???

are all of u working mums???

Woah, more and more Dec MTBs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tangerine - haha, same for me until I made a trip to the doc. So my sis keep saying it's all in my mind. But I guess the symptoms may come later ba? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] If not, you are just v v lucky.

Clarrisa - have you been seeing Dr Chan Kong Hon for long? He is one of my shortlisted gynae at Glen E but I find his charges very ex. Are you able to share your experience with him and the typical charges?

Dacylet - Other than folic acid, I am taking a multi-vit which has zinc, calcium etc. But no iron. Cos I have gastric problem, so GP say I take iron from normal food instead else I will puke more. So you same as me ah? I just find that my stomach acid level increase after i take the supplements [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Littlefren - oops, so sorry to remind you.....then it's the same as Pap Smear. Guess I dont like it cos of my first bad experience. The female doc just stuck it in forcefully, and say:" It's smaller than a p****s, no big deal!" *faint*

As for exercise, I intend to take up yoga after first trimester - there's a pretty experienced angmo teacher who teaches pre-natal and post natal yoga. I like yoga. Very relaxing! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Tangerine

I am like you. Beside need to go toilet more frequently, no other symptom. Can't help getting worried if fetus is growing.. Looking forward to visit gynae next week to get an confirmation.

Hi stardust,

No worries, so pap smear also like that??? Ahahaha! Ok, think Yr female dr very rough bah, I think ok but of cos I would prefer not to be poked at all.

I didn't get any vitamin leh, I asked the nov mummies, they say it's normal to get only duphaston n folic acid....

Exercise

Wish I can do some now, cos I every day eat and eat, sit down, no exercise, already fat, now fatter, but I think I will start 2nd tri, to be on safe side!

Tangerine, 75% of pp get symptoms, maybe u are the lucky 25%!

so envy for those who dun have any symptoms.. me already have the nauseous feeling.. think by next week or so, MS will kick in full force..

for both my pregnancy, i got very bad MS esp the 2nd one.. the things i ate will end up in the toilet bowl within 20 mins. be it breakfast or lunch or dinner or tea break or even water.. terrible feeling..

just took my lunch, and now have the feeling again... wish these symptoms will goes off very soon...

hi mummies,

I'm also dreading MS, my 1st preg MS was very bad, and i've got hunger pangs back then, so if i go hungry, i'll vomit, so in the end have to nibble everytime inorder not to let myself go hungry. I'm only at 4+wks i presume but already feeling giddy at times.

For fish oil, i took the kids fish oil the last time, my gynae recommended that, it's orange flavour, so not fishy at all...

Can i ask if this is considered MS? i drink water and then brush my teeth and my tongue...its always when i brush my tongue that i wanna puke and i will really vomit. does this consider MS?

2boysmummy - i think eating real real small meals really helps. like 1/2 a piece of gardenia bread. 1/4 of your usual meal size. this means we get very busy. whole day eating [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] The process of eating actually makes my tummy comfortable.

stardust - nope, only been to him for 1 appt. I used to see another gynae but I have some personal views on him and he doesn't have a 3d/4d machine. Dr Chan have got this fantastic machine. He showed me the scan of another bigger fetus and know what? it looks like you are face to face with the baby! you can even figure whether its a chinese or ang mo or whatever race baby! that machine is just GREAT! Dr Chan seems like a seriously experienced gynae. He is good in explaining medical concepts and drawing analogies. he seems thorough and seems proactive in providing information too. very professional. I dunno if the pricing had increased over the last 4 yrs or something..But I paid 300+ for a 1st time consultation plus scanning plus dha and folic pills.

Hihi Dec MTBs!

Would like to join this thread, am 5 weeks pregnant, first child! Very the ganchiong.

Hi Tangerine, i have no symptons too, infact was worried when the scan shows nothing. So had 2 blood test taken to check HCG level, and today i finally see the tiny waterbag. =D

So go visit your gynae. =)

By the way, anyone has any idea on the food that we should eat and to avoid? I have craving for almost every food. *pout*

Jacqueline: Care to share your bad experience at Parkway East when removing the cyst? And yes, I'm a working mum, but now considering taking no-pay leave for some time after baby is born. My MIL keep saying 孩子应该自己看 haha.

Tangerine: I also don't have much symptoms except for bouts of giddiness, not sure if it's because still too early in the pregnancy? Now estimate 5wks plus a bit only. But yah sometimes if I suddenly feel perfectly fine then I will start to get paranoid and wonder if the baby is still ok. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I'm aiming for GSS to do all the baby stuff shopping! At least by then would be in 2nd tri and everything more stable.

Back