(2011/12) Dec 2011

No yallo. dun see now unless u have spotting or cramps esle u be wasting $$$. U can see when its 7wks up.

i just saw my gynae. scheduled 20th but cant wait cos need to see the little egg in womb then be relieved. Overall seen doc 3 times till now. damage: 280 + 100 + 226= 606. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Faintz so expensive??? I thought consultation is approx $60? No? Wah then better reschedule liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] thanks for the info, bunny!

Btw this 7 wks is count from start of last period? Or count from estimated ovulation date?

Yallo, yes it's count from ur start of last period. And consultation is $60 but scan is charged separately. So the bill will come up to bout $110 - $130 each time.

Hello... I was also tested positive last week!! Actually i tested twice previously coz I am having the symptones and miss menses but negative. Keep having cramps but menses never came and cramp got worse so decided to KKH 24hr clinic.. took blood test and tested positive.

have you all fix your gynae?? i heard we don't have to fix so soon right? Any gynae recommended for east shore?? and anything we should take note and avoid??

also, anyone knows if we can travel during pregnancy?? i haven't gone for my honeymoon! =(

Hi Jac

congrats.. yes.. dun have to fix gynae so early.. abt 6 or 7 weeks then can see.. if too early can't see anything unless u have spotting.. like myself i have spotting before i test +ve..

u staying at the east? me is seeing Dr Heng from Parkway East. She is friendly but very pack.. must book her in advance.

when u gog travel? as long as the gynae cfrm the pregnancy is stable then travelling is no issue.. i oso gog holiday in june...

no.. mine is ex becos i went KK 24-hr. (it was a sunday then).

u can use internet calculator to calculate ur weeks. my estimation is based on 1)clearblue digital and 2)i did have a little spotting during conceive time (i guess) hence i have estimated im ard 7wk now.

Hi Jacq, i guess u shld rest more since u have cramps. thats what i was told. if cramps persist see ur gynae!

hi all!

Tested +ve this morning and starting having cramps feeling today too... was wondering when shld i start making appt to see gynae? i shld be in the 4th week now... Is it better to see early just to be make sure everything is alright? or wait till 5-6wks? cos with my first child i had to see immediately cos of sharp cramps but this time it's still normal crampy feeling...

Strange, i am happy but at same time mixed cos i feel bad/sad that i'll spend less time with my first child... do any 2nd time mummies feel this way?

2boysmummy, does dr heng has a clinic?? how advance do we need to confirm??

i havent plan yet but i foresee that there will be no chance to travel to the next 2 years so i really hope i can go this year... but i have heard hat it can be very tiring... where will you be travelling to? june should be 2nd trimester le right?

bunny, u also went kk 24hr clinic?? ex meaning your 1st visit there???

no use.. i went kkh 24hr clinic because of bad cramp and no menses.. i usually only have cramps on my 1st day of menses but this stupid cramp lasted for weeks! i have seen doc but they say its normal.. o_O no choice.. can only suffer...

btw, are you gals feeling very tired easily now?? after half day of work, my batt is already halfed. and by the end of the day, exhausted!!! also do u all experience pain and the breast and pelvic area ( i think.. coz its the side of your lower abdomen).

hi, yes dr heng has a clinic at bedok n parkway east hospital. if u wan to see her, you can start too book her now.. i see her at bedok coz after testing +ve, i got spotting and i call the nurse immediately so they arrange to fit me in.. of coz have to wait lor.. she is friendly but she dun talk much unless u ask her questions.. if u stay at bedok, you can see her at bedok which is easily.. she has nite clinic on Mon and Wed...

as for travel, i will be gog taiwan coz i book the trip b4 i pregnant.. me will be more tiring coz i bringing my 2 boys along..

me feel tired nowsaday.. i wake up few times in the nite.. morning after breakfast, my eyes can't open.. n now after lunch, eyes almost close.. have to go toilet n rest a while..

as for pain, i have back pain. nothing much.. but i do feeling giddy.. i feel giddy almost everyday and worried that i will faint while walking...

congratz cloud!!

i heard some gynae wun see patients until a certain period right?? or u might wanna visit your regular gynae??

Hi Jac, congrats too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yep will be visiting same gynae, prob i'll call clinic later and ask the nurse when is right time to schedule for appt...

hi all mummies, if i am lucky i also will be one of the mummies in this thread but i m/c.

would like to recommend Dr A L Lim from TMC. He is a male gynae but he is really very nice and gentle. If dun mind, can try but his clinic is very crowded. Have to wait for hours....

2boysmummy, yes yes!! very giddy and sometimes have a bit of double vision!!!

cloud, gd luck!!! hope u can schedule appt.. somehow, we will feel safer right??

gosh, seems like i am suffering more as compared to you all although i do not have spottings.. pains here and there... giddy.. tired...

catherine, sorry but what is m/c? new to all the terms...

Hi Mummies

I have the following items for sale, do PM or SMS me if you're interested [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pigeon Nipple Care Cream and Breast Shields

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5199564.html

Winnie the Pooh Pants (Unisex) 1 pair

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5241419.html?1301230518

Safety 1st Deluxe Bath Cradle

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5267655.html?1301149290

Used Medela PISA Faceplate

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5214044.html?1302587212

Hi mummies,

I am from the June 2010 thread.

I am now doing my 3rd batch spree for Sophie & other brands, the products can be seen on www.sophie.sg. The discount is 20% off price listed on the site.

To order, please send me a PM directly (I will not be referring to the thread postings). I will close orders on 17 April at 3pm. On 18 April, I will contact all mummies to confirm the orders and ask for payment to be transferred before 19 April 11am. Stocks will be available for collection from 20 April onwards at Pinnacle@Duxton or Tanjong Pagar MRT.

Oh dear, very sorry to hear about your loss Catherine. *hugz* Take care!

Hi to all the other mummies! Yes I'm feeling quite tired too, keep getting bouts of giddiness (especially when walking or stand for a long time). I'm very used to a cup of tea in the morning to wake myself up, but heard that caffeine is a no-no so now struggling to keep my eyes open!

hi catherine.. sorry to hear your loss.. but be strong.. take care and do mini confinement so ur body will be strong and very fast we heard good news from you soon..

wow, suddenly got a lot mummy coming in [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

congrats all MTB...

cath, sry to hear about your loss. Take good care of yourself.

yallo, i tried using milo instead...

I find the loo-visiting too often... even at night.. quite tiring the next morning whenever need to go at night

Jacqueline, yallo, 2boysmummy & dacylet,

Congratulate to all mummies here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks for concern.....i will take care and try to be strong again. ( i am quite a weak person) I also hope to have good news soon but will plan after i see my gynae in May again. Will get his opinion since i had done a D&C.

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and have just tested positive yesterday. Still trying to decipher what's BFN, BFP, LMP, etc. 

I'm hoping to find a gynae at Mt A like some of u here. Preferably not just deliver there but has a clinic there as well. Anyone can recommend?

i am so excited...going to a female gynae at Glene....first timer.. from the last period.. it should be counted as week 6 already! This saturday go scan can see anything yet? woo.. now app not so good.. eat liao very bloated. n not everything see liao want to eat. u all leh?

i am so excited...going to a female gynae at Glene....first timer.. from the last period.. it should be counted as week 6 already! This saturday go scan can see anything yet? woo.. now app not so good.. eat liao very bloated. n not everything see liao want to eat. u all leh?

Actually I'm equally clueless about all the acronyms :p

Hmm my appetite is still okay, will get hungry more quickly and thus eating more than ever, can feel my skirts starting to get tight around the waist liao jialat! I'm hoping I won't kena morning sickness *keeps fingers crossed*

Tangerine: I'm trying out Dr Kenneth Edward Lee at Mt Alvernia, haven't gone for appt yet so cannot feedback but heard that he's not bad.

me dun have much appetite... dun feel like eating... n feel giddy everyday... think MS gog to kick in full force soon.. sianz n tired...

gog for my doc appt next monday.. looking forward to it.. hope can see sac n hb..

HI mummies, i am moving myself to this thread because my EDD had moved from Nov to Dec 11. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Long story, all confused because of the unexpected conception date, got preggy after the"peak" period!!

Now is 6weeks, hopefully can see little heartbeat next Monday when see Gynae

thanks catherine... take care of your body now.. take tonis if necessary and prepare your body for the next baby...

zinterz, gratz!!! doc says your hcg is low?? how low is considered low?

congratz Tangerine77, Ahfenny & cindy!!!

2boysmummy, u are having low appetite? r u vomiting a lot???

i am like some of the gals here... always hungry... 11am eat lunch, after that on and off munching biscuits, kueys or cakes... but by 6, hungry again... and will feel nausea after eating... zzz... wanna vomit but cannot.. =(

taking mc today.. bad cramp again.. sit in toilet for 30mins this morning! and feeling really giddy... went gp and he says shouldnt be like that... ask me go see gynae.. now waiting for hubby to come back and bring me go see doc again.. fren recommend dr heng... called the clinic but lunch time... zz...

fels terrible now.. like my 1st day of menses but no menses..

hi jac, me very low appetite.. no vomit only once this morning... see things no mood to eat.. i oso dun feel hungry tat often.. mayb mentally my mind already reject any foods...

u see dr heng? wat no u dial? u try to call the nurses of dr heng directly and tell them abt ur situtation.. tell them u dun feel well and ask them to slot u in.. dr heng oso got nite clinic today.. u have the no to dial?

2boysmummy, low appetite isnt gd also right?? need to feed the baby also right??

i called east shore clinic, lunch time.. they gave me bedok's no but no 1 ans...

1st tri is like that...

u call 64411600 nobody answer? the staff thr take donkey years to answer the call.. u try to call 64414276 and talk to the nurses directly.

HI all mummies!! Yeh..hope we can accompany each other through this 30 weeks plus...

Hi Jac, take care ya...

2boysmummy, ya should eat small meals. I had been eating every 2 hrs since AM. small items, all homeprepared. Heavy meals i 100% vomit out one. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i can't seem to eat anything i like... wat home cooked food u prepare? u SAHM or FTWM?

Jac, how? u managed to get anyone?

Hi Dec mummies,

Tested positive and confirmed preggy by GP on Sun. Still shopping for gynae. Anyone has recommendations for gd female gynae at Glen E?

So far, no MS, just nausea and very tired. Super hungry but feel bloated after eating...

Happened to be on leave this week as going overseas this Fri. GP say can travel if I dont have any spotting or unusual pain. Wonder if I can tahan the long working hours though when I resume work :p

Hi everyone, I'm a first time and am currently 6 weeks. Saw a gynae yesterday, managed to detect baby's heartbeat but too small at 4mm (supposed to be 5-6mm for 6weeks) [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Doctor didnt explain much, in fact he was rather silent during the scan then shown me an article on m/c thereafter. So nerve wrecking! Then he put me on Utrogestan 100mg which I read only bleeding/spotting MTBs take but im not bleeding or spotting. Really not sure what to make out of the whole thing. I wasn't even informed of my EDD till I saw the date on the scan >.<

Not sure if its because I was sick then had food poisoning that made baby smaller.. So sad [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi all,

wow looks like more first time mummies to be here!

Jac, hope u managed to call gynae already. Better to have a scan check... take good care.

2boysmummy, how abt something light like oats?

kimiko, maybe u wanna consider another gynae if u're not comfortable with him.

hi kimiko congrats... no worry coz still too early..

but i think u should change gynae.. think he not responsible enough to explain matter with you.. who u seeing? consider to change.. if not u have to stick with him for the 30 plus weeks...

Hi kimiko,

Care to share who's the gynae? Perhaps can give him a call to clarify?

My GP told me now abit too early to see gynae to scan (not so accurate) and actual EDD depends on size. Which means the baby can still catch up?

GP only gave me folic acid and calcium/multi-vit for now. Maybe other MTBs can advise on the utrogestan.

Dont stress yourself too much and enjoy the pregnancy (though not easy!) [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Kimiko: Aiyoh who's your gynae? That sounds rather irresponsible of him. I thought doctors are supposed to reassure their patients instead of scaring them even more! >< Yeah I think you should probably try another gynae. 9 months is going to be a long journey, so it's quite important to make sure it's someone you're comfortable with!

Tangerine: I scheduled appt with him this Sat but thinking of pushing back 2 more weeks, coz now is only wk 5-6, maybe too early and won't be able to see anything then my husband will complain I waste money haha.

Oh yes, my sister also told me to take folic acid. Apparently it's quite important as it reduces the chances of baby spinal cord not developing properly... Can get from Guardian or Watsons, one pill a day.

Thanks cloud942, 2boysmummy and stardust25 for your responses.

I'm seeing Dr Loke Kah Leong at Tampines. I heard he's the best gynae in this area so I thought I went there since its nearby as well. My hubby thought he was eccentric though I just think he was being too distant. Frankly speaking if there weren't any heartbeat detected and I'm faced with this problem, I'll be very worried. Thank god, the heartbeat is detected though we weren't able to hear it. However, I'm not sure which gynae to go to as the good ones I heard are all quite far away and I'm already having the nauseousness and giddiness kicking in.

Any recommendations of gynaes and hospitals? I have not decided who and where to go to..

oats? i took with milo this morning but pour away almost half cup..

i prefer salty things.. so tmr will go buy some tibits n put on my desk to munch...

yes, folic acid is the most impt now.. must remember to take every day...

yallo: He made it sounded like its part and parcel of life. That may be the truth but no MTBs would like to hear it like that.

2boysmummy: Can we eat tidbits still? I have been craving for that but my hubby forbids me to eat >.< Speaking of which, I understands that we are not supposed to take a number of stuffs like raw food, some seafood high in mercury and so on. When my hubby asked Dr Loke what I'm supposed to avoid. Guess what he said? He replied whatever that doesn't poisons me will not poison the baby. In my heart I was thinking 'ya right'..

y cannot eat? as ur gynae say as long u dun get poison d baby is fine...

but eat in moderate.. dun overeat... i oso have the craving for tibits just that too tired n giddy, no appetite to eat...

kimiko, yes dont take raw food and deep sea fish, as advised by my gynae in my first preg. Hmm maybe u shld look for another gynae i feel... he doesnt seem that nice and patient enough to explain things.

Hi kimiko,

It's my first time too n I'm also in my 6th week plus dunno how many days cos doc didn't say. My edd is 2 dec. I went for scan on sat at Kkh n my gynae showed me my bb scan on screen n said it's 3mm n its shimmering shows it's heartbeat. I was like 'is 3mm in the healthy range???" I asked him twice!! And he told me 'yes! U hv to trust me!"

I hv trusted him since n I hope he's right! ;)) otherwise, my scenario is worse than yrs. I hv been prescribed w folic acid n duphaston whose is typical of first tri, n food to avoid will be all cooling stuffs like chin cao, all herb tonic (too early), raw fish, raw /semi raw egg. U can type google 'food to avoid during pregnancy n a list should appear.

Pls do see a second gynae for 2nd opinion. I think hv heartbeat is a strong signal, everything would be fine ;))

Back