(2011/12) Dec 2011

Wow, so many posts from yesterday!!

Re: weight gain

I think its good to hear most of us are gaining weight! We suffered from MS in 1st tri, so now gain some weight back also good right! I think i gained weight too! Too bad I dont have a weighing scale at home, and there's still 2 weeks to my next gynae visit!!! But I can see my stomach is definitely much bigger now as compared to earlier! unfortunately, it still doesn't guarantee a seat on public transport. hehe...

mamaAsh,

can share the details of the pillow? during my #1, my mum did one for my boy but it's small & heavy thus cant use to place on his chest. I would like to know the dimension & how much beansprout husk should we have?

cjdg, maybe wear clothes that show your bump more obviously then stand near the reserved seats & on/off touch your bump? I did that and got a seat! hehe ;p

MamaAsh,

*high five*!!! I also put on 10 kg already at 25 weeks! I wonder where the weight gain come from too! It accelerated from last two months with a 4kg/mth gain! However, I think my arms and legs still look quite the same leh...

Dunno how to control food intake cos if I dun eat when signaled by body, I will vomit liao..

Nowadays baby's position during the night really made me feel very uncomfortable, like internal organs got super cramped and tummy super stretched... n with with lotsa wind.. how are u mommies feeling as the term progress? Really wondering what's the little bun doing inside the oven... anyone doing 3D scan to check out how ur BB looks like?

hi bfly & jass, juz use my guide/details below as reference, u can always change the dimension...

overall size: 6" x 15~18" width will depends on bb size (cos my past 2 bbs r heavy weight so i would do longer for my #3 bb too)

& i would spilt the pillow into 3 sections:

1st & 3rd section: abt 4~4-1/2"

if u see the pic below, here's a good pic i found online, cos the 1st & 3rd section i would put in more rice grains to make it as a weight, center portion, will be lesser so when put on bb tummy won't be too heavy, but if mummies like, can put the husk also, but to save my trouble, i use all rice grains, juz reduce the amt @ the center to be mayb 1/3 or 1/2 or wat u used as the weight.

realised the pic below shows the 2 weights r sew in like 2 small bolster... for my case, i juz have a rectangular pillow & sew 2 lines of straight stitches to get the 2 sections of weight @ each side...

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5947492.jpg]

hope my guide above is clear... then i would juz make abt 2 covers for this & can change the cover, and u can also sun this rice grain pillow along the way during usage...

chan pl, usually i take my weight in the morning and before bedtime or when i got home.. no fix timing leh.. lolx!!

john little bb fair?? haiz.. see if hubby free to bring me go gai gai or not bah... and now with most things bought, dun think hubby will wanna bring me go see le.. sobz...

yes! i agree that the staff at kiddy palace nex is very helpful coz i also experienced it before.. theyw ill really demo to u, explain and let u try and try!! haha!!

oh ya, ppl who wanna buy capella strollers can go bedok see! that day me and hubby found this shop selling cheap capella strollers!! this new and current model... eg, the usual capella s705 would probably cost $399 or $339 outside, but the shop is only selling at less than $300!! i think the shop is at blk 214 @ bedok interchange there.. near bedok point.

i tried that move.. failed!! in the end, someone really get off their seat coz alighting and next moment another woman sit down le.. and she was standing beside me for a while so confirm can see i preg de!!

cjdg, initially, i also dun have a weighing machine at my in-law hse although i do have 1 at my own house in my room. Because of preg and taking note of weight, i went to buy a weight machine.. lolx!!

as usual, ppl still want their seat lah! esp peak hours, u will still see ppl rushing to board the bus, rushing to grab a seat and u r like almost invisible! haha!!

jass & bfly, i think the amount of husk u put inside of pillows also varies.. my mum initially put alot but i thought its like to hard and stiff so i say put lesser.. so i think it depends how u feel about it and how "heavy" u want it to be??

flee, i thought they will be a 3d scan or photo when u take detailed scan?? i have 1 leh... unless its not 3D?

Oh I meant the 3D where u can see the more fully-formed face.. if i', not wrong, it is usually taken ard week 28-week 32 when the baby has gathered more fats and thus a more proper look?

My detailed was all 2D.. see the same grainy images except that we managed to catch the little girl yawning mouth wide.. haha..

The pillow looks like a very good idea.. but will the rice grow those little mites/bugs? u know those black tiny ones that u might find among the rice that had been stored for a while..??

flee: my experience is no, cos we do air & sun the pillow once a while... those rice having bugs are due to storing in dark places rite? so far the pillows we used were like 1year + cos after my #2 used, my nephew was born, so was passed to him... & so far no smell or bugs... :p

mamaAsh,

Thanks for the details. It's really clear and i will ask my SIL help me to do one since she have sewing machine.

Jacqueline,

When is your next check up? mine is 05 Sept..

did u sign on fb?

flee, for my detailed scan. all are 2D but have 1 should be 3D coz looks diff...

OMG!!! the pillows r cute!!! i see my fav character!!! now i wish i m buying it for myself but my mum already made 1 for me le. hehez!

Mama Ash, thanks for sharing! One question, wont the rice grain grow those rice bugs after a while? I wanted to use rice or other beans but realise all wont last rite, either will grow moulds or bugs...hmmm...

cloud942: no leh... so far my #1 & #2 had been using them & no issue on bugs leh... i guess its due to us airing & sunning them quite often... so no issue... no mould also... ya, i also tot of using like red & green beans, but find the size of the beans are too big... haha.. so ideally had been using rice grain leh... & the weight i find is juz nice... my 2 kids bb time all sleep nicely... won't get frightened so easily...

bfly- If you ASK around for BEstmart.. It is apposite Bestmart.. Road name Nusa Bestari. YOu can take Yellow Bus from Jurong East Bus Intercharge. From there the bus will stop you at nearest place i think Bukit Indah. From Bukit Indah you can take taxi.

http://www.businesslist.my/company/24771/pusat-pakar-sakit-puan-dan-perbidanan-khorloh-sdn-bhd

starsmayfall- click the link to know more

http://www.in-gender.com/Gender-Selection/Shettles/

We are meat lovers and Hubby always drink Mineral water ( More Alkaline ) So what ever he eat change to more acidic ( NO MORE MINERAL WATER, More fish and Vegetables, No meat) thats the only thing i change and also PARTLY could be a OVALUTE late this time due to irregular period.

Jacqueline (nimeesha) - Singapore gynae is my gynae going to deliver my baby while the JB gynae is visit the clinic for FUN cause it is CHEAP and the scan pictures are better than KKH scanning pictures.

Went to see my gynae this morning. Sad to hear that his 3D machine broke down so he couldn't tape the scanning for me...sigh..hope the machine can recover soon..heard from the nurse that it may take 6mths for the replacement machine to come but I'm q doubtful that my gynae will allow it to happen as he's always v proud of his machines..hee..hee.. Glad to see my baby growing bigger & actively kicking around. My boy was so scared yest when he saw how my tummy changed from round to pointed when the baby decided to shift position inside..ha..ha.. My girl was v excited..maybe it's motherly instinct!

CT, how cheap is cheap when u go JB for gynae? is it random clinic or there r already recommendation before?? scan machines r the same right? y theirs is better than KKH?

CP, round to pointed??

all went facebook???? or all bz with buying baby stuff liao... hehe... wanna come in chat, but saw this thread seems "sleeping" liao... haha

Hi mummies,

Letting go of Medela PIS Advance (Backpack) @ $300

Good condition. Used only a few times.

BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Air - Letting go @ $90

Condition: 9/10 (box included). Colour: white abnd grey. Carrier same color as the picture attached

Breathable and cool

Made from an advanced, breathable 3D mesh.

Ergonomic for your child

Properly supports your child’s head, back and hips from birth.

Convenient and lightweight

Email: [email protected]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5955654.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5955655.jpg]

hi MTBs,

I'm selling my 6 month old peg prego piko P3 pram with car seat..

condition:9.5/10

price: $900 neg

pls call me at 91112839 if you wish to view it.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5956759.jpg]

Hello Girls!! I'm new in Dec 2011 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Please add me into the chart too! its so exciting to see so many mommies with EDD in the same month

Nick: Newbiemum

Edd: 5th Dec

Gynae: Dr Mary Yang

Hospital: Gleneagles

BB#: 1

THANKS!!!!! oh btw i've gained 8kg at week 26.. how to keep it under 12kg?!?!?!?!?!! faint.....

Oh when is JL baby fair? still have so many things to get!!

hello everyone! friends of mine are conducting a survey for pregnant ladies and they are giving out complimentary baby journals (for you to put ultrasound pics and notes for your bb) for all respondents. if you're interested, please pm me your email address [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thanks!

Rena - welcome! We share the same gynae and v close EDD! Mine is 4 Dec! Dr Yang will be busy. My weight gain so far same as urs! Haha.

Our FB discussions r more lively. Looking fwd to seeing u there.

Hi mamaAsh, please add me into the chart and I had just request FB group please accept me. Thanks :D

Nick: missesjoanna

Edd: 10 Dec

Gynae: Dr Tho Chin Keong

Hospital: Mount A

For me I had already gain 11kg at 24 weeks... Scare will be hard to slim down..

Hi mummies,

i'm new here! my EDD is 11 Jan 2012, but thought i could join this forum coz am getting alot of informative reads. would like to join the FB group too. how do i join the group? thanks.

Nick: Janxu

EDD: Jan 11

Gynae: Dr Fong Yang

Hospital: Mount A

BB#:1

Gender Boy

Hi Mummies to be,

i am selling the following, PM me if you are keen in any

Ardo Calypso Dual Breast Pump at $280

Bought in Feb 2011 at $350. Used for 2 months.

Pigeon Silicone Nipple Shield (x 2) at $2 per pc

Capella Stroller 2009 version S705 (3 years old) at $100

Munchkins Soothing Crib Light & Sound - $15.00

For mummies who request to join our FB group, pls PM me yr nick in SMH b4 i add u, so to keep our group clean... hope to get yr understanding... thx!

Have almost new babyplus $180 (used twice) and Angelcare baby sound and movement monitor (used,full set no box), AC401 deluxe, sgp selling $340 brand new for basic set, selling mine deluxe set for $170.

SMS 9336-4477 to reserve.

Hi all MTBs,

Good Morning. I have been reading this forum since I found myself pregnant. Now that everything is more stable i will like to join you MTBs.

Nick: XiaoPingGuo

EDD: 21 Dec 11

Gynae: Dr Heng

Hospital: Parkway East

Btw, I notice that MTBs are mostly on facebook. Can add me in group as well. My email: [email protected]

Thanks =)

Hi

Do you interested for Glutinous rice wine for your confinement cooking?

It is an traditional Chinese alcoholic drink made from fermenting glutinous rice and it is very healthy and nutritious. Most ladies are taking Glutinous rice wine to built up resistant and good health after birth during confinement.

This postnatal confinement rice wine contains property to help reduce high blood cholesterol. Most importantly, it helps in blood circulation and rice wine is fermented pulut rice, which high in iron, low in fat and free of cholesterol with high dietary fiber to reduce risk of heart attack and diabetes.

PM me if you interested [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

XiaoPingGuo & SZ,

Count me in..although i stay in tampines but i almost every evening will be at eunos as ILs look after my boy. and XiaoPing, my edd is 20 Dec and seeing Dr heng too..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Jass,

Oh ya. I rmb you seeing Dr Heng as well. If I not wrong, you will be visiting her on 5/9? Cos me too. Hehe. Maybe we can meet there. My appointment is 7.15 in the evening. What about you?

Xiaoping,

my appt is 2.15pm as i will go there straight after half day work. I'm thinking to bring my boy since he on school holiday..

XiaopingGuo and Jass,

I stay at Eunos Cres Blk 30+.

Nowadays, everyone just go post on FB that's why so quiet here.

Sz,

Oic. Then we staying nearby. I stay blk 20+. Near the expressway [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jass,

We shall meet next time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yup stardust [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] when is your next visit? Maybe we can meet there.. Hehe

Hi mamaAsh, my baby also due in Dec. Please add me into the chart.

Nick: dawnx

Edd: 17 Dec

Gynae: Dr Sim LN

Hospital: TMC

BB#: 2

Thanks

Hello mamaAsh,

Can add me to the chart/fb group? Have just sent my request to the FB group.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

EDD- 20 Dec

Gynae- Dr WK Tan

Hospital: TMC

Thanks!

Hi mamaAsh,

my EDD also due in Dec.

Please add me into the chart & FB .. thanks

Nick: jok

Edd: 5 Dec

Gynae: Dr S F Loh

Hospital: KKH