(2011/11) Nov 2011

Hi moms and welcome new moms [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

How' everybody and the long weekend?

I went for my check up last thursday and bb is reporting to be active.. Suspicion that this #2 may be more active than #1.

Oscar test

My nurse never book for me, ask me to walk in. Mine scheduled to be on fri the 13th. Hope all goes fine. Im scared as well.

Fish OIl

Memorablechocolate, i was taking usana fish oil too but when i ask gynae abt it. He told me that preggy moms shd only take DHA fish oil and not those with EPA, it may cause some problems for some moms. When i heard that, i was a bit sianz. I bgt a few bottles and now got to ask hb to take instead.

Can other moms check with their gynae if it is truw preggy moms have to have only dha fish oil and not those that have combination of EPA, DHA etc. Advice needed.

Calcium

Gynae only gave fish oil and multivitamins like obimin. Do we need additional calcium?

Sore breasts and Sticky child

I think my breasts these days feel swollen. I cannt remember when i had my #1 if i had these symptoms. Sometimes my girl can be so rough sitting on me that i felt sore and had to yell at her to be gentle. Told her that bb will be angry. I think maybe they know there is another kid inside, they are more whiny and sticky even more. Carrying at unforseeable times becomes mommy can carry

ent29: the nurse at my gynae's told me don't need to continue the folic acid after 1st tri.

MemoChoc: yah can't wait for long weekend again, my office will be closed on 9 May in lieu of 7 May PH.

ya...so quiet..hahha..everyone busy? im so restless..its been a short wk with mon PH but i feel like the wk is dragging along..

need opinion..when pregnant issit bad to go for weddings? i got gd fren wedding n hubby relative wedding on the same day n i dunno if i shld go...sigh..

tiny and memo - my doc asked me if i had somemore folic acid then i said yes n he said ok then u continue taking i wont prescribe u somemore..hmm..but i guess maybe later in the 2nd tri he might stop it?

simp - wat time u plan to go? mine also no appt but my nurse asked me if i want to go morning at 830 or afternoon at 1230...i said morn so will be at TMC on Fri 13th also...

Hi Leikela, do rest well after work today. Cheer up yah, the weekend is coming, just another day [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For weddings, I personally think it's okay. I have preggy moms attending my upcoming wedding in 2 weeks' time (can't wait for it to be over soon!) and i did saw my preggy friends attending weddings before. If you are worried, perhaps, ask ur gd friend and hubby's relative. But some pple are pantang, for instance, one of my close friend say not inviting me to her ROM in Sep cos i be delivering within 3 mths then and she scared will chong!

Simp, Yup, my boobs are bigger & sore now and with a few red spots. And so is my tummy, getting more "swollen" now.

Looking forward to my apptm tmr PM; hope bb is okay. Also thank god that my MS is getting better compared to over the weekend. Could be due to the fact i am 10 weeks, heard some pple says MS peak at 9-10 weeks. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

But hoh, i have been having slight pains - on and off - in my abdomen these 1-2 days... but no spotting/blood discharge ... issit okay? Any mommies experiencing the same thing too?

felixp - yeah im caught in two minds..im not really pantang la..haha ok maybe abit over certain things but i keep tinking better safe than sorry..but i also dont want to be too paranoid..abt the MS..yeah my doc said it peaks ard then so it shld be easing up now but will prob feel better ard 14 to 16 wks...my nausea also on n off in the day..not so bad but evening is the worst! appetite still poor but at least not like last time whole day..so i guess tts gd rite? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] tmr is ur Oscars?

simp - i bought my maternity bra n upgraded to 38C...arghh..used to be btw B and C n def not 38!

hello!!

the week seems to move so slow though tmrw is friday. if only today is fri.

oscars on next monday. wanted to see if i can change to today cos was feeling abit unwell. been vomitting alot lately, especially after food. then after that, i get so hungry. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] and i'm in my 12th week. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

folic acid - some will say no need for folic acid after first tri cos folic acid is mainly for the spinal development of the bb (something like that) and the development is in the first tri, so taking after that will not be of much use. also, gynae will prescribe multi vit from 2nd tri and multi vit usu contains some folic acid.

leikela, i think attending weddings are ok. unless the couple is super pantang.

leikela: me going to attending wedding on polling day! Dependent on the wedding couple if they patang anot, for christian/catholic wedding, usually they not patang. Wow...you upgrade your bra so fast, hee hee, me using bra extension now.

tulips & tiny - i tink i will ask my fren then..

tiny - i cant use bra extensions coz the cup not big enough..cant fit into my half cups properly..n the underwire is uncomfortable so this is better n feel less pukish too..bought the pair from mothercare..but its nice n comfy then i just put my padding inside so tt nipples not so obvious..

leikela

At least ur nurse advised u to come either 830 / 1230, mine just asked me to walk in. I hope to go early in the morning abt 830 if i can make it for oscar test. Traffic that time is bad and i will be coming from the far west. I rem for #1 i also walk in and waited like 3hrs even though i go in the morning. The clinic is full of waiting parents.

I will be seeing my gynae on the same day after the oscar test. Results to be out abt 5pm.I hope to go early in morning take oscar test then go home rest and see gynae at 6pm.

Bigger BB

I wonder if 2nd/3rd time mom realised that the next kid seems to be bigger in size? I checked my #1 and #2 wk 10 scan and realised my #2 is longer than my #1. My #1 now looks like 4 to 5 years old as she is very tall and mature looking for her age. So I wanna check with other moms if they realised the 2nd/3rd kid is usually more advanced in all development?

Boobs, tummy etc

Yes now that felixp and leikela mentioned, i also realised my bra getting a bit tight and tummy more protruding. I have been eating 5 meals when i was back in sg last week. Felt good to eat and move ard without #1 happily (#1 parked at inlaws or mom; place). Mommies, better enjoy the eating privilege. I rem when #1 came, eating became very rushed and stressed, din enjoy very much until the kid is eating on her own. Always have to either bf and eat quickly or feed her then eat quickly. Then i din enjoy eating out. This is more so if you have no helper or support.

Weddings

Hmm i suppose it is courtesy if you check with the parties involved in case they are pantang. If u r like me, not pantang then ok, as i think it is a blessing to attend weddings, full month. Happy occasion, the more the merrier but prob not white matters or events that are sad or unfortunate [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Abdominal Pain,Backache

I had those when i was back in sg. Not sure if i was too tired, lack of sleep or walked too much until i walked too slowly then i rest. I suppose we need to be sensitive to our body and monitor, if we feel too drained or painful then need to sit down and rest. If this happens 2 or 3 days in a row, i wd take precaution and call up gynae for review to check what' wrong.

I am concerned abt uti as during preggy, we can get this easily and wd need antibiotics. My gyane did tell me that if my fibroid is causing pain esp when preggy in the 2nd/3rd trimester, i wd need to take antibiotics and these are safe for preggy moms.

Simp> My friend took USANA fish oil when she was pregy too, nothing bad happen le, baby very healty. Women shld take fish oil cause baby's brain is made up of 70% Omega Fatty Acid, n if baby can't get it from food, he/she will draw from mummy, so pregy mummies can lost up to 3% of ur brain mess if no fatty acid given to bb. I don't wish to turn stupid after giving brith. Haha.

From what i read, all fatty acid are ALA and it will turn into EPA and turn into eventually into DHA. I also don't really know the reason behind ppl who say EPA not ok. USANA has both EPA n DHA, from their info flyers, it shows that it is highly recomended for pregnant women. So I'm still sticking to it. =)

Folic Acid> Ya actually is not much use after first trimester, but since is a good supplement on overall, i will only stop when i finish what i have at home. THink can last up till end of 2nd trimester. lolx.

hi mummies

regarding weddings.. i think should be ok to attend ba.. but also have to depends on the couple n see if they mind or not.. i do come across some ppl that mind having preggy women attend their wedding de.. so better ask..

Seems like everyone is going to do or has done their OSCAR test.. so good.. i dunno if i can still request for a details scan of my bb since i din do OSCAR

btw.. when is the earliest earliest u can feel kicks ar... recently keep feeling my tummy have some feeling like bb kicks.. i doubt it is kicks since it is still soooooooo early... but if not wat are they? gas?

Helloo helloo!

Been a hectic morning/afternoon, so only have time to come and say hi now and catching up on reads about boobs and tummy! Hehe!

I think my bras are slightly tighter, and I am a little afraid about wearing pants...So am thinking of going shopping for maternity wear soon!! Yay!

Have fun voting on polling day! Sadly, I will be on duty. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Wedding> I will ask my marring couples if they mind since I'm pregy. If they don't mind, I will love to attend. Love wedding alot. =)

I invite friends who were pregy on my ROM n wedding. But if u feel uncomfortable or when your due date is close, then better not, cause don't know if baby wants to come out early or not. Not good to RSVP then can't make it.

Calcium> I take it too, yes even before pregy. Haha, i'm a very supplement person. Mummies need enuf calcium for ur own born. Same like FIsh oil, if bb cant get enough, they will suck frm mummy. Don't lost your born density just because u r pregnant or had given birth. Give yourself calcium.

Hi mummies,

I am about 12 weeks pregnant now but is having heavy bleeding this few days. I went to the A&E, had an ultrasound yesterday and the baby is doing fine and the sonographer couldn't find any cause of bleeding. The nurse just advised me to rest at home and to call them if anything changes. Has any mummies experienced this before? What should I do?

Joybleu: I know one of the forumers had some bleeding around that time, and baby was found to be okay as well. But I remember she said something about a low placenta that might cause the bleeding? But yeah, you might want to go visit your gynae to do a more thorough check?

simp - yah i will go early too but i need to go sign up for FBI first..dont know what time the counter open..haha maybe can go for hosp tour at 11am...hmm but if abt 3 hrs then im guessing might be ard 11am so better not tour halfway then kena my number...my doc appt also after the scan..but doc never tell me tt result is out at 5pm..i was asked to go collect form from clinic before my appt..then go upstairs n take Q number..then after scan..go back n see my doc..so not very sure why..n if i will even get any results from my doc so soon...

memochoc: your calcium tab is given by Woody or your own one? I am only taking the fish oil and prenatal vits, both from Woody.

Memorablechocolate

Yes my gf also took usana fish oil even during preggy days. In fact she took double dosage during preggy. She is the one who recommended me to usana [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Her 2 bb also ok so i think maybe i can try after i finished gynae' fish oil? If i dun feel well then i will stop usana.

joybleu

LIke what ent29 says, i think it is good to check with gynae since he is the dr for ur bb. He would know more i feel.

Leikela

Yes i also want to apply for SBI at tmc. Tgt i shd only apply on 2nd trimester but if there is discount for oscar test onwards, we shd go for the savings [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I think fri, sat and mon are usually the most packed days at the center esp mon since tues is vesak day.

Went to my oscar this morning at 9am.My oscar results not very good,neck measurement must not be above 2.5mm but mine is 2.8mm so have risk of getting down syndrome.My backache is very terrible this morning,i had to apply hot pack and take panadol.Still aching i apply some chinese ointment.Today is a very bad day for me.

Supplements

My gynae told me can stop taking folic acid after 1st tri.I am taking DHA from gnc.Think i should get calcium pills from my gynae,wondering is my backache due to lack of calcium.

mrschong - dont worry..they still hafta to combine the results w blood test n age etc right before the ratio come up...the 2.5mm is just a gauge? wait for the actual results ya..dont tink too much...

little bb

like leikela said.. dun worry so much... still need wait for final results de.. even if final results no good still dun worry de.. coz OSCAR is just a gauge.. not 100% de.. my colleague in her 2nd pregnancy her OSCAR results is horrible.. then she went for amnio test n bb turn out ok.. n now her daughter is a vv active n notti 2 yr old.. dun worry..

Went for my oscar test this morning too, nurse did mention that the result will have to combine with blood test, thus dun worry Mrs Chong.

The nurse who attended to us is very nice and patient, explaining to us part by part. Thus no worries to all mummies who are going for the test soon...

leikela,Huishan,Lynn-The nurse seems to take quite a long time to get the neck measurement right.Even told me rest awhile and take again but she is very patient and nice.I have to think positive.Whatever im upset, my backache seems to ache alot.

Huishan

Yes u would feel movement that acts like gases or bubbles ard your belly. It can move from side to side at times so those are baby movements [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Littlebb

If u are concerned maybe can do amnio test like what huishan' fren did. I can identify with your worry. Do meet up with your gynae and discuss with him further. Hope all will be fine.

Little bb

Sometime nurse take long time to measure coz bb position not ok.. I heard b4 nurse take 20 mins to measure coz no matter how she "shake".. Bb refuse to move to correct position.. So dun worry so much.. I'm sure ur gynae will let u know the results soon..

Simp

Really is bb move ar?? I only 11 wks now.. So fast can feel.. Woah.. I guess true also.. Coz if 1st time dunno how bb move feel like so won't know tt is bb movement.. After tt more "expert" Liao.. Haha.. But din feel them vv often.. Just like once or twice every 1-2 days..

morning ladies! polling dae tmr & bb turns exactly 12wks. hehe. any ladies announce on FB abt pregnancy yet? =p

weddings

depends on individual if pantang anot ba. best is to ask d couple if they are ok wif d idea & their immediate family members. my aunts told mi beta not invite pregnant couples & they tell my mummy abt all d pantang stuff but i got no choice coz tt pregnant woman is my SIL! lolx.

leikela

i hate my bras now.. tink i gotta find maternity bras soon. don remember upgrading so fast previously & my old maternity bras are too small for mi. =(

tiny voice

mi got church wedding to attend on polling dae too. still tinking if i wana attend anot. hehe.

simp

my #2 is bigger in size dan #1. birth weight also big diff. but afta giving birth, my #2 like shrink like tt. hehe. mayb coz kor kor is big & tall like ur ger. onli 3.5yrs but everyone tinks he is 5yrs oreadi.

i dislike eating out unless my kids were older too. else, eat at home is easier & definitely less stressful.

joybleu

don wori. my gf bleed at both 3rd & 5th mth but still gave birth to a healthy bb. juz ensure u hav lotsa rest & fluids k. take care. =)

mrs chong

my #2 neck thickness was like 3 during oscars & i went for cvs as advised by dr but had a healthy noti boi! don wori! =)

Mummies,

I do not hv MS symptoms now compared to initial weeks as i am already entering 11 or 12 weeks.. N i oso do not hv e feeling of tight feeling which can feel something is at lower abdominal that i had for e last 2 or 3 weeks.. Especially at night, e feeling more obvious as i turned in bed.

Now these few days don feel a thing, n ii feel like im not preggy except only when i had my meal n full, my tummy bloated up n can see preggy stomach. Otherwise is flat tummy. No spotting or bleeding. Im skinny in nature anyway.. Hope bb is still continuing to grow inside me..

Hi Vis,

I am feeling same thing as you.

Only thing is I am not so skinny as before.

Can't wait for my next appointment.

Ladies,

I have a lot of work arrange for end of year and during my ML. During 1 of the discussion sessions, I thought it is most appropriate and finally told some close colleagues and boss. It feels so much more relief now, as they were generally happy for me. *phew*

huishan - i dont know abt feeling the bb move at 11 wks but defintely baby can move ALOT! coz during my scan..my baby was rolling here n flipping there and also kick like crazy..just kept kicking haha so i might end up being one of those 20 mins or more Oscars scan mummies...hopefully nxt wk baby guai guai...

iemik0 - hmm..if u are normally bigger or not first pregnancy then maybe will grow faster lor ahaha...ya but wear the maternity really more comfy..i just made sure the cup fit n still got some rm..n then the hook can still hook outer ones later so i tink thsi one tt i bought can last hopefully till end of 2nd tri? or close enough? i asked my fren n she said she not pantang..i ask her if she pantang hong shi...then she say no n ask me y...haha i havent reply her yet..i also 12wks tmr..supposed to be nxt tues but since doc adjust my date so now its tmr...i was tinking if 12wks announce on fb or just wait a little while more..now tt ok to say haha i abit dont feel like saying..ahaha dont know why...but im generally still hiding..today casual fri so hafta wear jeans n baggy top n hubby say very obvious..lol..so wonder if anyone will ask me...close colleagues noe liao la but someone i dont feel ready to let pple in on my 'secret' yet..hahah siao right?

oh n nausea this morn after taking obimin...sigh

Leikela: I also holding back the news on Facebook leh, but my hubby announced on his already. So only my closest friends and his friends know. But also, like you, I feel like keeping it a secret a little! Then surprise people when I see them with my baby bump! Hohoho! That will be fun!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hmm. For me, it's about 13 weeks already, and I can't quite feel any movement, or at least I don't know what movement means!! Sometimes there are these cramp-like feelings, but like don't think so also...Hahaha...And still have some lack of appetite and nausea. Boo. I can't even imagine it waning off in Week 14/15, which is supposed to be sooooon!!

ent - haha i know what u mean by the lack of appetite..really cant eat..quite sian..haha i prob will announce on FB eventually but i wonder if 12 wks too early? ahha mad rite..havent 12 wks cant wait to announce then now dun feel like announcing..my fren announce at 4 mths recently..how ur hubby announce? for most of my colleagues i tink they will hear from fb rather than i 'tell' them in the office..haha altho i also wont tell la..but feel weird if they suddenly see me with bump then whisper whisper hahaha...

For those who have announced or going to announce on FB alrdy..how u all going to do it? Outright announce? Say something normal..n then pple will ask r u pregnant? (like my fren said finally i am fat enough for pple to give up their seats to me) then another fren posted a pic of prego sauce n say they say u are what u eat...still contemplating how to..

i just ordered a 4 piece set for my baby n i was tinking of posting a pic of it...or something..hmmm..still tinking..

I already told a few of my colleagues although I am not yet 12 weeks. I think I am quite excited (1st bb mah)... and all of them are happy for me and very caring too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Once u told a few pple, the rest will know... dun need to "officially" announce bah... For friends, they know I am trying so everytime sure ask me, how?? I just replied soon soon, they already know and congrats me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

for me i use facebook check in 'NUH'during my oscar scan and ppl msg me am i ok, are you expecting #2? My way of announcing... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

iemik0 - gd idea..hmmm maybe wait for Oscars scan..clearer than post..some of my close colleagues..say just say la!! pple ask then admit lor..ahah i dont know how to explain this need to keep the 'secret' hahaha

felixp - the ones i told in office..they noe not to say until i 'announce' so most pple in office still dont know n im trying to avoid those more ba gua n direct ones who will ask in ur face hahaha

Haha, Leikela, sure got those ba gua who will gossip that u are fat as your tummy bigger... but eventually they will know u are not fat but just preggie!

I think just let nature take its course and let ur tummy do the "talking". Once bigger, pple will know u are preggie. In fact i think pple may already be suspecting but didnt ask u. If they did ask u directly, just tell them yes loh... Hehes, anyway its a joyful thing mah!

leikela: yes, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i will announce more obviously again when i know the gender, hee hee.

I'm thinking of buying fish oil to start taking...not sure which brand to buy, can anyone recommend? preferably one that's not too smelly [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thanks!

felixp - haha those ba gua ones dont speculate fat..they will specualte preg..they speculate fat i dont mind ahaha coz its not fat mah :p ok will tink abt it..haha before announce i shld also ask hubby first la..hahah dont want to shock him on fb..lol but he did say i look so pregnant now...lol

ivine - but if u just getting discount for oscar then not worth coz the membership u pay 148 for it..then ur discount will come up to abt 40 at most?

oh yes caryn reminded me of the fish oil qn...i checked my fish oil prescibred by doc yest n it has DHA and EPA..so i tink the ting abt not eating those with EPA doesnt stand..

omg!!! im pissed!!!! my hubby doesnt want me to announce on FB..he say want pple to find out the gd ole way..i dont know what tt is..im annoyed..

i want work pple to noe from there so i dont need to one by one answer their qn...then got some of my relatives..i dont want to sms them to tell them but nxt time i see them is CNY...i dont want them to find out when baby is born..not right lor...arghh..im so angry now...n he said 5 mths then announce!!!

leikela - yours and mine opp...i wanna keep low profile until after 1st tri.

take deep breathe in and out..no point getting angry...not good for your baby

Back