(2011/10) Oct 2011

Hi candy floss,

I wear the binder to sleep and started to put the clarin toning oil to firm the stomach. I will start my jamu massage next week, and I will then see if I can wear the jamu wrap overnite

Sweetsnow

My BB now almost 1 mth n since wk 2 or so nose keep block n got mucus too till now still haven't recover dunno y but doc say no need for.medication.. he can perspire but still got block nose dunno he's feeling hot or cold!

bubblygeekypig : did u buy those nasal aspirator to clear the blocked nose? dept stores, kiddy palace and some ntuc have.

Hi. I took domperidrone for my #1 too. Lactation consultant recommended.

My MiL who was taking care of my #1 asked us to buy yaolan cos he kept waking up in the cot and she says he can't get anything else done [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so no choice since I am not the one taking care and I don't want to argue. But in the end it is ok, my boy was not addicted. He became addicted to the pacifier though. Depends on kids. Dr sears also recommends something like the yaolan but an Ang mo version hee.

Jojobar,

You very diligent, will try out tonight, hope to have the determination to sustain.

Librabb,

My hb and I prefer not to use Yaolan coz we feel that it's unsafe and prone to accidents. If caregiver shake the Yaolan too vigorously,it's harmful for the brain development. When they are too young, if they move and can get suffocated easily. Nowadays, yaolan are not mount to ceiling, may topple coz the stand is not stable.

Hi winny,

don't give up.. cos my fren was also like dat, supply very low in the initial stage and had to supplement with FM.. but few months down the road, she could actually have enough for TBF..

hi simp,

thanks for the detailed explaination.. i'm using a medela manual pump.. have used "slower" mode when pumping.. i don't have problem with lumps on the breasts.. actually my lump is in my armpit.. and it's huge.. after massaging and pumping, the lump reduces, but swells back everytime still.. sigh.. yesterday i put cabbage leave on the lump also no effect..

Hi jojo, i wore the jamu wrap overnight for 1 night, then cannot take it already.. so tight la!! but super effective!!

Hi Libra,

no yaolan for me.. i just use the bed.. cos if let bb sleep in yaolan, next time when they outgrow it, still have to learn to get use to sleeping on bed..

re: piles

i also got piles.. but super serious type.. i'm going to go for my operation soon.. my checkup is in 2 weeks time.. i gotta get rid of it!

rejoy28, remember to keep calm.. sing to baby, gentle massage her when she's crying.. if you are anxious, bb can feel it and also can't calm down..

Creamdonut

I bot e thing to suck out his mucus not sure izzit call nasal aspirator but it doesn't really suck out his mucus leh.. but still will try la. Sometimes hb will use e cotton bud to clear think it's more effective Haha!

bubblygeekypig, that thing to suck out mucus is not nasal aspirator.. nasal aspirator is a spray that injects saline up the nose to clear the passage.. i tried using on myself before i tested on my bb last time.. works.. but baby might cry.. i ever tried just putting my mouth over nose and suck gently.. works better than the sucking thingy.. but clean mouth before doing la..

hi sweetsnow, bubblegeekypig, my bb is 1 mth old and I also keep seeing booger inside his nose. The doc gave me saline drops to drip into the nostril (1 or 2 drops for each nostril). The saline drops can be bought at any pharmacy, it's actually saline for the eye, something like eyedrops. The brand is Rinz, it's a 5ml bottle.

Once you soften the booger/mucus, roll up the corner of a tissue and use it to gently scoop it out. That's what the doc taught. I tried the pigeon brand mucus sucker, but tissue works better. I think cotton bud should work too.

mummies, can i check -- any of u using those milk storage bags to store ebm? Can I check how you store them in the freezer? I'm using clips to close up the bags and I freeze them upright, but the ebm will freeze in an odd shape...which takes up space in my small freezer.

Love everyday,

I got the saline from PD. so exp. Din know can get from pharmacy. But the problem is there is nothing in thenose for me to get out. I suspect bb swallow the mucus nniw I just hope she will vomit the phlegm out.

5days le still like that

Hi everydaylOve

I just put the milk bags in a Tupperware (without cover) in the freezer- easier to take in and out. Anyway I don't have that many to store ha! But like Winnie said, mine come with ziplock and the bottom of the bags can stand by themselves so they kind of keep their shapes.

My CL uses those baby size cotton buds to dig out the dried mucas. Quite abit! And yellowish too. I bought those nasal extractor thing for my #1 but no use.

I confirmed my full month cakes and catering liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Obolo for the cakes and Chilli Padi for the catering. Hope they turn out ok.

Eliaw & love everyday

Thanx for advice. I tot e suck mucus thingy is nasal aspirator!! I ask doc for nose drop but he refuse to gimme say BB r like tat no need to take any medication now.. think he also swallow his mucus when drinking milk

Love everything

I use to pump direct to medela storage bag so there's a ziploc alr..

Hi all, I am 1st time logging in to this forum... Cos I have given birth to a oct baby on 12 oct... Now I am giving my baby breast milk... Sometimes I let her latch but can't monitor how much she drank, cos she get hungry so easily... Then now I express the milk out through avent breast pump. Previously I using medela pump but the nipples very pain as the pump vacuum is very strong.

Anyone tried Avent pump before?

Hi qingfang,

I'm using avent duo pump n so far so gd. Coz can control the speed of suction so not v painful.

Ladies,

How many hours in between should we pump? I've been extending the interval to 4-6hrs Coz sometimes oversleep. Will it affect my milk supply?

Sweetsnow

Yes Libra BB is right ideally is every 3 hourly. I used to pump every 5-6hr when i feel engorged but recently ny BB feeds every hr so i dun pump also.. except ytd I went out then while I'm 'bathing' BB cry so hb n MIL feed wif formula n i pump out cos feel engorged aft 6 hours of 'rest'

Eliaw, not giving up but very tired. My interval from 3 hours to 5 hours. Nipples ablt sore from the pumping. Am using Medela Free Style.

I'm topping up with Soy Milk now. Brought my daughter to the doc yesterday. Initially gave her Enfalac but doc say it's too heaty and bb might have allergics so ask me change to soy milk first.

Blocked Nose

My bb also having blocked nose with mucus but my doc gave her Nasal spray & drops.

Medela milk bags?!! Sounds good! You mean you can attach to the pump instead of the bottles? Is it expensive? Where to buy?

Pumping and latching. When latching, baby can demand every 1hour to max 2 hrs. So this week I tried to pump every 2-3 hrs to catch up with her but nearly died [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so tired and sore!

sorry mommies, are you giving any souveniors or favors during bb shower? If yes, what are you giving? Any lobangs?

Leeoh

Yes i attached e storage bags to pump instead of bottles save e hassle of tsf n wash m sterilize.. I noe prettymums.com is selling e older version which is cheaper cos i think she got direct from US ($30+ for 50 bags) n mums & babes is selling e newer version I think but so much more exp ($32.90 for 20 bags)

I seriously didn't expect latching my son every hr so tiring! But even if he's on FM he would also demand breastfeed e next hr! Ytd aft MIL feed him 60ml of FM 1/2hr later he can still take 10min from BM!

Winny

I dun really hve souvenirs but i ordered mini cupcakes. Actually wanted customize candy but need to buy in bulk n need 2 wk in adv so didn't do it.. I saw some webbie actually display lotsa snacks - choco, sweets, polky etc looks nice n i wanted to make it this way beside my mini cupcakes but i think my buffet won't have many kids so in e end give up e idea too.

Hi libra, me too using the avent single electric pump.. The suction is ok not so painful compared to the medela.. Well but I feel that medela is faster compared to avent maybe different mechanics...

I pump every 3 hrs or when I feel that my breast is full... Can pump approx 100ml and above for single breast...

Anyway anyone going to parenthood fair next week? Anyone knows about what we can expect as this is the first time going. Thanks!

Hi Hui hong,

Which medela you using ? Can you lower the suction ? Think thir level 4 is already very stringband fast. But can lower to 1 or 2.

Would like to ask 1 Q, what do u all do when ur bb finished the milk but not wanting to sleep? he can stay awake for few hrs (3 to 4hrs)

Libra BB

My BB is e same.. sometimes bf him till he dozed off but once put him back to cot he's awake crying agn! There r few times I actually carry him while sleeping! Cos in e middle of nite I'm tired as well! Tried patting n talking but both failed he jus like to be carried I'm afraid it's hard for him to kick this bad habit!

Hi winny,

I have ordered baby shower cookie from baked with love to give away to co workers. Thinking to order some chocolate from life moment as well.

For friends who is not invited to the full month party, I giving sweetest moment gift voucher. For those attending the full month, I am ordering from sweetest moment the packages.

I have also ordered cupcakes and cake from cupcake divinity to create cupcake tree and will put cookie and chocolate to create a sweet table during the buffet, so the guests can eat the cupcakes and take the cookie (vacuum pack) and chocolate home.

hi, want to ask the following: usually i can only pump out around 90ml and my BB only take 70ml so usually i would put 70ml in one container and 20ml in another container and my hubby would mix the exisiting 20ml with the newly express 20ml.. is it ok?

sweetsnow

yes, the white part will be yellowish too.

rejoy28

can mix but both have to be under the same temp. eg. the 1st 20ml is in the fridge so you put the 2nd 20ml in the fridge so that they are of the same temp. you can then take out to pour the 2nd 20ml into the 1st 20ml before your next pump loh

hi mummies, got a question.

i BF and also give formula milk as a supplement as my milk supply is not enough.

But it seems that baby will vomit out the BM more than the formula milk, is it ok and normal?

Hi mummies-to-be!

I have For Sale: 6months preloved Medela Pump In Style Advanced (PISA) & Breastmilk Storage Bottles.

Locally bought US complete set with local power plug. See photo for included accessories.

Full Set Photo

Bought for S$599 on 24/02/2011. Used for 6months (Feb-Aug), warranty for till end Feb 2012.

Receipt Photo

Selling at only S$330 with the storage bottles shown below.

Storage Bottles Photo

Interested parties, please leave PM or SMS @ 9876 one 872.

Thanks for viewing!

Hi, this is my 2nd week going to 3rd week bt I can only manage to pump out 90 ml frm both breast, bb is nt really latching as she is too impatient to suckle... Do u think I sld start to take supplement to increase my supply?

Mummies using PEM nannies,

Do u know what time on the last day r they supposed to leave?

N how much Ang pow to give on the last day

rejoy28 (rejoy28) : hw much r u feeding baby? i tink 90ml for a 2wk old baby is more than enuf

Lynnice (mrschun) : i using moomookow's. have nt leaked on me b4 as there is e waterproof cover. other brands i cm across do not have e waterproof cover so pad will soak thru at nite. if u can wait, they hav 20% during isetan private sale

Hi, cream donut, my bb is drinking 70-80ml per feed abt 2-3 hrs interval. In btw, sometimes she wld latch on once or twice a day...

rejoy28 (rejoy28) : sounds like bb is impatient at the breast n prefer the bottle. mayb u try using slow flow bottle nipple? dun tink u need to take supplements as u r producing enuf for bb's feed. but u can try to condition ur let down so tt milk flow is faster.

Back