(2011/10) Oct 2011

Creamdonut,

I washed the toilet n did the laundry. A little bending here n there n some squatting. Laundry a little heavy. Anyway done already. Was hoping I can go for walk this morning to increase movements but it's pouring cats n dogs! Sigh

Gilera,

U went gym! Very brave! When is your next appointment. Did ur doc say must decide wat to do if by then bb is stil snug in tummy? I am very nervous. Today got to see doc in the afternoon. Decision making time n my mind still quite mixed up. Induce, csec, dates etc. All jumbled up.

for my case is induce by 14th.

mummies r u to pick any gd day for induce? (touch wood, just in case)

i was thinking to induce on my edd if nothing happens...

Hv been feeling v sleepy past week. Unsure if coz of unable to sleep at night but all e while it had been so since 2nd tri. Night time wake many times n can't get back to sleepnuntil 6am kind.

Now on leave, morning 6am sleep till 11 then now after lunch feel sleepy again. Not good right, will become lethargic.

Maid has nothing to do oso. Y so sleepy ah?

Creamdonut > I just bind once I wake up in the morning and before sleep I will take out. I din apply any cream just bind like that so that tummy dun look so saggy..

Gilera > it's norm when I had my elder one I also feel sleepy everytime, I can lie down on the bed the whole day. But now 2nd one totally can't slp..

tamms: hahah, i already having backaches since came hm fm hosp. shld b sit too long in same position during bf. even with the daily jamu also still there.

pofy: u can walk ard the hse too. will be more boring to walk in circles ard the smaller area compare to downstairs, bt its better than not doing it at all.

piglit21: quite a lot of shi fu can calculate when to give birth. as long as bb is full term liao, u can request to ur doc to induce so tt the birth time is at the auspicious hr calculated by the shi fu. prob u can let the shi fu calculate chinese name for bb too, something like a package so its cheaper.

gilera: better to sleep more now. if anytime go into labor, have energy to push. plus, wen bb comes out u wun hav any quality or long sleep if u gg to do total bf ;p

creamdonut, u got any shifu to intro? i think i will calculate the chinese name but not the induce date, think will stick to 10 oct to induce since is the actual edd..

Hubby likes 10/10.

labour signs:

Thought I was going into labour last night cos started feeling contractions at around 8pm. It came on and off then quite regularly at 5 - 10 min interval and lasted till abt 3am. But not very painful just felt like period cramps so I actually fell asleep. Then woke up at 7am and found the pain gone.

I waited at home till about 8am and nothing happen so decide to go to work. When I got into office, the pain and tightening came back but very irregular plus baby movements very vigourous! In fact baby movements giving me more pain!

Called my gynae and was told to monitor if contractions come at 5 - 10mins interval within 1 hour then go to hospital or if pain is unbearable. But so far until now, things seems to have quieten down...

Haiz dunno if its really early labour signs or was I just over reacting?

Piglit21: my bb's name will b calculated by a shifu found by my FIL. He is nt those big names type tt go on tv one,or use computer software generate the names, cos he will meet up with u to explain e names. Down side is hav to wait 2wks, nt sure if u wan2 wait anot. N no reviews of him Online to compare/research.

Mummyfairth: yes, regular contractions r a sign of early labor. Bt to go into labor need bloody show or waterbag burst. Bt u can get ready liao, shld b soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Creamdonut,

Thanks. I try to walk in the hse. Not much space. So did housework instead. Haha. Saw the doc today. Had on n off bleeding but stil stuck at 1.5th dilation. no contraction too. So we wait until 4 oct. If no sign I will admit on 5 oct to induce. Sigh

Libra bb,

I not going shifu co's if bb comes naturally we can't choose date n time too plus for me it's save money.

Yes. I also choose to induce on edd date co's doc say not good to overdue. Bb may get distress n poo inside but scan cannot see n also fluid level may drop n placenta age so can't feed bb.

creamdount, wow 2 weeks to calculate the name... till now we havent confirmed the name yet... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

i prefer name with some analysis, thanks anyway [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pofy, i heard 10.10 alot of mummies booked for c-section too..if fully booked how? i cant induce on that day?

Librabb,

Induce dun need operating theatre? Jus delivery suite will do? If not 11.10.11 also not bad? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ck wif gyane. Maybe 10.10 still can?

libra_bb: ya loh, 2 wks! so my bb still no chinese name now, hahaha. waiting for the appt with the shifu, then go down n listen to his suggestions and explainations of the different names that he come up with loh. now jus keep calling "baby", hahah!

Wonder if it's worth for Chinese name to be picked such a way

choice limited, cost ridic n heard all computer generated. 2 couple frens received same list!

Do they take into account elements such like rabbit bb need to hv "grass" character strokes? so got food. Yet others say is "eat grass" (jiak cao: hokkien)

Gilera,

Computer generated? Oh dear tat doesn't sound good. Must hve grass element huh? Maybe I flip dictionary co's until now we also dun know wat name we want. I hope my inlaws know must hve grass in the name.

Can't sleep. Tummy super uncomfortable n also I seem to be super hungry!

Roxanne,

U got the trial meal fr newbaby? How is it?

Gals, my gal decided to meet this lovely world earlier..i hv given birth via em c section on 30 sep..her intended c section date was 6 oct..

Pofy, c section with epi not scary..very fast for mee, pushed into op theatre and within 30 mins all done. Thank God, my gynae came back fr taiwan just in time for the op. Only thing is hubby not allowed in the theatre cos em c sect...instead of the planned c sect which he would hv been able to go in with me.

Royal,

Congrats! Rest well. Guess as we all know in our heart S long as bb n mummy safe and all goes well it is great news!

Sigh. I still waiting for my turn. He doesnt seem to want to come out!

Note ur feedback on the csec wif epi. Doc say we decide when the time comes if induce fail so I leave it to fate I guess.

U have a good rest! N keep us updated.

Gilera: ya loh, so I went for manual calculation shifu, nt computer analysis type. Those type they dun meet u one, jus email u lk in 3 days. Hw u even noe who calculated? Could b a NS bOy temp staff key in e details into computer!

Royal: congrats!! TKe care n enjoy ur early present [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks for the well wishes.

Pofy, yup right, as long as bb healthy, all other things not important le. Now she is in the nursery room, and I am already missing her..but.i cant get out of bed cos still on drip.. I can only see her pic n smile to myself.later then ask nurse push bb to me..

Royal,

Get some well deserved rest. Bb in good hands. After discharge u will be 100% on the job n will need the energy. I m trying to move more to encourage labour but to no success. Sigh. Looking forward to the moment u r experiencing. Tis bb sure know how to make me wait. Wait for years now stil hve to wait. Hahaha.

Does anyone know what can I eat to control baby's weight gain? Baby now weighs 2.8kg at 37weeks.

Sigh, guess what... my boss actually suggested that I go back to work after confinment just to finish up some work

Damn pissed. MIL came over To see bb n saw me wear sleeveless top then say I shouldn't wear that, must wear ANOTHER outer layer over it! With? It's nt even a spag top, it's jus sleeveless! I already sweat like crazy, tt is y I wear tt sleeveless top rite?!? Tink I wana b sexy at hm then wear meh?!?!

So no choice I hav to wear a tee shirt to please her n now aft eating dinner I feel like 50deg la!!! Eat so much ginger already will sweat plus wear 2 layers binders ok! N she still ask me to wear e tee shirt OVER e sleeveless top ok!!!!! With!!!!!

Creamdonut,

Totally understand u. Dun worry once she leaves u revert back! Tats wat I intend to do. All their requests n restrictions will make us have post natal depression. I haven't gave birth but I hve already been told cannot drink water, cannot eat female chicken, cannot eat fruits n of co's the bottom of my feet cannot touch the floor n yes cannot wear sleeveless must wear long sleeves n long pants, cannot bath, hands cannot touch water, n yes the list goes on! So depressing! I told my hubby may be his mother shd try giving birth now n following all these practices. If she can follow all, I kowtow to her!!! HahahahA! They talk big only.

Mil visited me at hosp,a frd came, brought me some carrot cakes n othersnacks, she also commented infront of my frd, saying can't eat.. Then also commented can't eat this, can't eat that..see me walk about also comment, carry bb also comment..really can't stand her..it's doc who encourage me to walk n nurses encourage me to bond with my bb by carrying her leh..really old fashioned thinking..sigh..lucky never ask her do my confinement, else I sure post natal depression.

Mil visited me at hosp,a frd came, brought me some carrot cakes n othersnacks, she also commented infront of my frd, saying can't eat.. Then also commented can't eat this, can't eat that..see me walk about also comment, carry bb also comment..really can't stand her..it's doc who encourage me to walk n nurses encourage me to bond with my bb by carrying her leh..really old fashioned thinking..sigh..lucky never ask her do my confinement, else I sure post natal depression.

Haha last night I also told my mum off.

She was nagging non stop when I was having dinner.

Now she said she not going to visit me anymore.

We must learn to shut our ears too

Huishan,

Tough to shut. At least my own mum I can tell her off. Difficult when it comes to mil! She actually ask me to call natal essentials which I m catering my confinement food fr to see if they use female or male chicken to cook??? In fact she said 1st 12 days of confinement cannot eat chicken? I wonder wat I can eat then if I can't eat veg, fruits, chicken n drink water? All ridiculous demands.

I wonder where they got such ridiculous n non proven practices from.

Royal,

Sigh. I can understand. Tat was totally uncalled for n frankly rude. In the west they dun even practice confinement! No talk about food restrictions. Sorry to hear u had to go thru that. Don't worry yeah, I m sure ur fren totally understands!

Pofy: ya now she left Liao I change back. Jus nw I so piss off I jus lock myself in e room n tOok off everything. Even my mum also nv say anything wen I wear tt top ok! Cannot eat fruit is bad la, all e heart food will constipation one loh. Of cos too liang fruits lk coconut cannot la.

Devil: they nv say u ah? So good. I listen Liao still hav to force smile n entertain her

Royal: hope ur fren din feel offended. I got hear stories saying tt old ppl belief tt cannt eat stuff tt "rose" on e process, ie those tt contain yeast like bread n cake. Bt I Bo chup also, jus eat. Doesn't seem logical to me at all.

Huishan: I also told my mum off, bt is nt due to funny requests tt she ask me to do. More on stuff tt she do to bb (like rock him) la.

Pofy: I din noe got ppl eat male chicken? Hahaha... I always tot is female chicken can eat. Opps :x anyway, I first day at tmc already eat chicken Liao. They gave red wine chicken during dinner. My parents saw also nv say anything, still say hosp so gd give such nice food. Hahaha!!

My frd just smiled..think she understand.mil also tell me, no chicken, no beef, no lamb, less ginger n less seasame oil N veg only caixin n kailan..then I ask myself in the heart, then I eat air only is it? Bth leh..

Royal: less ginger n sesame oil? Tt's weird, I tot ppl eat a lot of these two during confinement? I even receive sesame oil as gifts wor

Creamdonut,

I just smiled to them loh... And tell them I dun like to bath in my own sweat...

Y cannot eat chicken? My CL said only for those who undergo c-sect then cannot take chicken for first 12 days...

Just try to keep peace. Afterall they nag coz they care.

Just smile or look at hb to do something.

Sometimes it's my hb who sabo me. In front of mil say loud loud I drink cold drink. He think funny. Geez...

Pofy: how ur checkup wat dr say for next step

Devil n gilera: I find e smiling pRt v diff leh. Esp wen I whole stomach boiling w fury n hot lk furnace. I lk a white piece of paper one loh. Hahaha. On e other hand, MIL will b upset n complain say confinement nt she doing then now can't even "say" a few words. Haiz.

Devil, I c sectioned. Anyway, hubby called to tell me, when driving her back, he told his mom not to interfere too much. he told her to keep all her old ways n traditions to herself. If any comment, tell it to him not me. if not keep her comments to herself...I am glad my hubby sees my points..almost turned emo n cried in the phone.. really need his support now, c sect wound is painful, bf progressing is slow, I really dun need another stress....

Royal, creamdonut

I also dun believe in all the confinement rules! They r just old wife tales and myths passed down from gen to gen. Some of our mums or mils even just hear these practices from others and they believe wholly! Rules like wearing long sleeve n no bathing are probably relevant in the olden days in ancient china where winter time it's very cold. But not in modern days and in tropical Asia loh. For food, I believe a balanced diet with enough nutrients for our body and milk production is most impt.

During my #1 confinement, my mil stayed with us. It was terrible for me too but I m still more patient then hubby. I will just act blur and not react to mil silly comments or nagging. My hubby is the one who can't stand his own mum for those ridiculous rules. End up they quarrel loh.

For #2, I m going to be on my own. Just order tingkat and enjoy peace n quiet with baby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but must still face mil n my mum when they come visit lah.

Sorry to interrupt...

I have a almost brand new Medela Mini Electric (dual pump) to let go; still under warranty

since early July 2011 and have only used it less than 5 times cos my girlfriend lent me her Medela Pump In Style.

I bought it at Mums & Babes at S$299 which includes the motor, pump accessories,

citystyle bag with cooler bag, ice pack and 4 storage bottles.

Can also throw in some pre-loved maternity clothes...

Please PM me if you are keen.

Thanks.

think on the confinement, there are certain things that we should follow like not drinking cold water cause our body is really 'cold' and ve a lot of wind after giving birth.... bt not able to bath and wash hair... in our weather, think everybody wld go crazy....

my MIL would be doing my confinement cause m staying with my PIL, m juz keeping my fingers cross that i would not have to deal with her nagging and her dos and dons.....

sometimes thinking of it make mi depressed..... bt at the same time.. looking forward to see my little girl so m trying to keep myself cheerful at all time.....

Mummyfaith: bt I dun get it leh, surely can't be all the china woman confinement only in winter rite?? Then if give birth in summer they still do all these things meh? Summer can go up to 40deg loh, my god

Cream donut, I also dun get it tats y can't convince myself to follow blindly. Recently my mum 'reminded' me not to wash dishes during confinement. Say cannot touch water but when we go toilet or bath surely need to wash hand right? Then she say tats different. Huh?! Double std loh!

Hi mummies-to-be!

I have For Sale: 6months preloved Medela Pump In Style Advanced (PISA) & Breastmilk Storage Bottles.

Locally bought US complete set with local power plug. See photo for included accessories. Full Set Photo Bought for S$599 on 24/02/2011. Receipt Photo Used for 6months, warranty for another 6months. Selling $380, or $390 with the storage bottles shown below. Also for sale: Medela Breastmilk Freezing & Storage Bottles. 12 x 80ml BPA-free bottles with lid. Bought for S$40, selling $20. Storage Bottles Photo

Interested parties, please leave PM or SMS @ 987 six one 872.

Thanks for viewing!

pofy

i've got 2 of my fren also told me e same thing- dun eat chicken for e 1st 12 days.. 1 of my fren actually ate it on e 11th day cos cant tahan then end up tummy hurt like mad for a wk.. thou my mum say ok but MIL says e same as my fren....

Ya, heard about the chiken/egg cannot eat for 1st 12 days, as they believe that it will cause the wound's infection to prolong and have yellow pus.

Anyway, I also listen and follow. If you want to follow, then follow through-out. If you dun want to follow, then dun follow half heartedly, what for you complain here, dun follow some rules yet stick to confinement diet... right? Anyway, just bear with it for 28 days, it's not 28 mths.

I have a colleague who was very modern and westernized.. but when comes to confinement, she follow 100%, and even follow the confinement diet for 100 days. I'm also heeding her advice that if want to follow, then follow full heartedly. If not you are only putting up a show infront of your mum and MIL, deceving yourself. They care about you that's why so many comments mah... Anyway, it's better to listen, coz in future if you here pain there pain, they sure say.. there... coz you never do this or that mah.. :p

Back