(2011/09) Sep 2011

@igop - congrats on turning 13 weeks and on the growing tummy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I also don't know if the small quantity of coconut in nasi lemak is harmful. I think I've taken it thrice since finding out I'm preggers. Yikes. more and more things I'm finding out that I need to abstain.

And.. #2, I went home and to my horror found that the jam which I have been taking for 1 week plus contains aspartarme. *faints*

Jam down, peanut butter down.

Bought myself a loaf of raisin bread today, hope I will grow to like it. Not much choices anymore.

Hahaha.

On seafood, the abstinence is during confinement, right? Now can still eat? *prays hard*

@Kelly tried to send u pm but your setting dun accept. I got the reply from uk Phillips n they say Phillips sin is more than happy to assist in any servicing . Waranty last for 2 years n need receipt as proof of purchase .

Uk not as cheap as US but It's still cheaper than sin . I went to isetan n OG n want to take a look but the dual one is not available leh . Taka might have.

I saw the freestyle medela at $988 . gosh ! So ex ! N it's suppose to mimic Bb suction too .

igop, agree that it is cheaper to get from US and UK (even after factoring in shipping fees).

From what I know, Philips Sin will help with servicing but you need to pay if it's not bought in SG, even if during warranty period.

but mine last me so long.... no probs leh (some more lend to so many ppl)

gina: lol! yeah! u can eat as much seafood as u like now.. haha... but rmb to say NO to high mercury seafood.

actually, it's not tight, coz i already buy a size bigger as recommended by the salesgirl. but after wearing, i tends to puke more frequently... Zzzz...

eh.... actually i find them the same.. haha... think nursing bra is strictly no wire type coz will block the milk.

Hi mummies,

i am from the March thread...

would like to let go some brand new bravado bras that i have bought extra. All bras letting go at $38.

collection at yishun/sembawang

http://www.bravadodesigns.com/

1)The original nursing bra (blush - size L : 38-42 C-D)

2)The body silk seamless nursing bra (pink ice - size L)

3)The body silk seamless nursing bra (ivory - size XL)

4)The lifestyle mircofiber nursing bra (hot Pink - size 38D)

pm me if u are interested....

Nursing bra got clip to release & expose the nipple to feed baby..

Maternity bra is just softer and more comfy, but dun hv the clip to show nipples thing like nursing bra...

@Gina I think it's the same . The ones I bought are detachable , can flip down the cup to breast feed Bb .

I think Nazi lemark is fine la, bcos been thru high temperature ald, liangness will be killed.

@ Christine , your bra too tight is it? I saw those nursing vest , something like spagetti strap tops but can slot in padding to cover nipple . Probably u can try that . My old bra dun fit anymore . V pain leh .

Thanks all! I have a lot to learn about bras. Hehe, for my bras and clothes, I am only going for bigger sizes. I do find maternity wear very subjective. I went shopping for them last 2 weeks and found them all to be very plain, no special features (as to why it is called maternity top except being bigger in size) and very expensive (not relative to the quality or function of the top).

Maybe in my mind, I half expect the lengendary maternity top to provide a pouch-like compartment to cushion the growing stomach or spring to support the backaches but... nothing. The only thing that I can see the value is in maternity pants. The stretchies are godsend. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Haha, so decided I'll go in the direction of bigger size regular tops / dresses.

Same thing for bra. I suspect it'll still grow so have bought some bigger ones and some extenders to tong until the next growth 'spurt'.

@Christine: good to know seafood are still safe. Haha

#2 that's excluding shipping . Base on 1.33 currency exchange rate . Have to search again cos I spent last week focusing on uk website. Cos uk pin n voltage same as sin n they said they r more than happy to assist in servicing even in sin. On their website, it says international warranty . UK ones more ex close to 500 . US although cheaper but many problems leh . They told me no warranty n according to many reviews, there are many missing parts etc.

Are u using avent milk bottles too since u are using avent breast pump ?

Igop, in the beginning my boy was using NUK bottles cos the teats are softer and more similar to the real nipples :p

Then subsequently we changed to Avent for convenience...

Actually if get from UK also cheaper than getting from SG... But at $500+, you also need to factor in GST...

Ah thanks ! Good tip !!I forgot about gst .

If I buy avent bottles, I have to buy avent teats ? Can use nuk teats for avent bottles?

I've tried nuk wide neck teats with avent bottles. don't work. will leak.

Also, the soft latex teats they only hv it in the normal bottle size, not the big one like Avent...

Igop, will learn thru trial and error....

We started off with Avent bottles & teats but he dun like... Cos very hard... then we change to Nuk and he liked it...

@Christine at spring maternity . Or u can go mothercare uk website n see how it looks like .

But I still prefer the nursing bra , quite comfy . But it's ugly la, no sexy feel.

afternoon ladies

went for italian buffet lunch with sis at marina mandarin, making me so tired now

bb 's been having a feast lately. hahaha

din tai fung yest.

just bgt maternity cum nursing bras today. immed changed into the min i got home.

boobs can breathe much better now.

not the nicest lookin but comfy! as they have ltd stock and colours.

2 for $30. no cup size though.. just 34/36/38 kind. lady says shd last till after i give birth.

Igop : ur maternity bras are cheap! what colours do they come in?

i intend to get avent bottles. no reason why. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pooh : 37.5 definitely is feverish. rest well!!better dont go out..as it may aggravate after you come back which is usually the case

Hi Igop,

The avent breat pump is available in taka, and is now on sale..if i'm not wrong..its 599...bundled with some other stuffs...was tempted to buy...but Hb say electronic buy so early waste the warranty...so waiting to see if philips will have any sale...how much is it again if we buy from UK??

For the teats/bottles.... it's not up to you to decide man... hahahaha!!! cos if baby dun like the bottle, they will reject and you'll be scrambling to find other brands to try until you find the 'right one'...

My friend's kids ok with Avent buy my boy initially dun like...

Then some of my friend's kids only want nuk, till today still using nuk...

Kelly!! That's a steal!!! Uk selling $480 aft conversion n that's excluding the shipping !!! I'm sure there will be more Bb fairs coming up ! What's in the bundle? I haven got any chance to go taka fair yet.

@ bunnz yours cheaper . Mine is $19.90 each before 10% off. Black or white. But mine comes in cup sizes . I saw those basic ones at $12.90 . But really look plain , n basic

@ bunnz yours cheaper . Mine is $19.90 each before 10% off. Black or white. But mine comes in cup sizes . I saw those basic ones at $12.90 . But really look plain , n basic

wah igop,

then sld be chiong down to get it now??hahaha?? whats in the bundle ah...i can't quite remember...think some nipple gel..breastpad..and maybe some other essentials needed for breastfeeding..ohh....i think also nipple shield (a plastic looking thing to protect nipple), how how how?? sld we get it??hehe

i am back.. saw baby today

14 weeks days.. baby is 8cm

doc said maybe 2 more weeks can check if baby want to let us know the gender [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

If they provide 2 years warranty , yes! Since now , 599 with the bundle. I think next taka Bb fair shd have ? Let me think for 1 night . I think taka Bb fair not ending soon right ?

yes..its 2 years warranty..taka fair ends 27th i think..today i went..but forgot to pay attention how many sets left..;p

not sure when's the next taka bb fair le..my fren say maybe aug...but i read someone in this forum saying philips will have some sales ya..thats why i am thinking hard..haha..sld i sld i not..hehe

Yes there's Phillips sales n I read that august also have Bb fair. Ok if my hb agree to bring me down this weekend and they still have the stock . Yes I will buy . Thanks for the info leh !!

I have to carry bb from infant care back home so not so convenient to use stroller always. Tats why tinking to get a sling.

Is pouch easier to wear? I only saw pupsik pouch. Is there any other brand?

today robinson got sales up to 70% for card members..

saw some baby stuffs on not bad deal like in taka but too bad we wasn't robinson member..

igop,

u making me very "gian" lor...haha...by the way..i went for check up today..and gynae was nice to help me do a 4d scan again!! even burnt it in a disc for me..hehe..so i can view baby's movement again and again..hehehe

Kelly so nice your doc gives U a 4D scan. I'm with Dr Jocelyn WOng, she dont have this service. I wish she has and include in her package. But then again her package price keeps increasing so better not in case it goes up again! :p

Hi all, back from gynae..., my rashes got worst so I went in to see and dr gave me 2 oral medication and 1 cream, 1 lotion. Could be due to hormonal changes rather than stretch mark cream as I have been using it for 3 weeks and was ok.

Bb was not cooperative today; in Japanese bow position, standing but bent at waist....

@Muffin: not sure of the price of detailed scan though, but I can check for u when I go again in 2 weeks..., when is your next visit???

Kelly your gynae v sweet . I'm sure this disc is more enjoyable than any blockbuster film. What a wonderful gesture.

Haven been seeing my Bb for almost 1 mth. Next Mon finally can see but muz do NT scan. V scared of the blood testing part leh .

I think when I go taka fair I will be more gian . When I tell my sil s/mil that I wan to buy stroller , car infant seat n Bb cot . They all strongly object cos they gg to find me those pass down ones. Dun know whether it's a blessing in disguise . Fil said muz use old ones then Bb will be gd . But then again , I dun know who use before n if really old , I rather spend $$

leh .

Juz had curry chicken rice for dinner. V fulfilling .

hey Velo, you mean there is a package price for your gynae? Mine is charged by per consultation! oh oh, i feel there's a big hole in my pocket...

Is it worth going to the taka fair? Are the things really alot cheaper?

I just got back from Shanghai for business, and I was lost in the "baby world". Everything is just so cute and i ended up buying new born rompers and even a bib! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Finally, im on my 13th week now and in 4 days it's 14th weeks!

Blossomsbb Your Bb so cute!! Bowing position !. Bb bow to U say thank u for coming n see me today . So cute !

Are your rashes itchy n painful? I also have rashes but not on tummy , on my elbows. But I have ezema , n Bb make this worse.

Today has been a very bad day for me.

1. Strained my back very badly last night. Couldn't stand or walk properly. Got my hubby to rub tiger balm for quick relief. Slept for a night. This morning woke up, still the same. So cut short the seminar I am attending to go for physiotherapy. Now the back is so stiff and in pain.

2. Not in office today and so many unhappy events happened in my absence. Tomo go back, someone sure super black face me. Sianz!

3. Therapist who did my physio was surprised that I'm not putting on weight. My last check at 11 weeks, gynae wasn't concern my weight was still the same. Now I'm week 13, I also don't know how much weight is right to put on? I only know I still have problem with my meals. Not MS type, just that eat abit, feel very full. So not eating much.

The only thing that cheered me up was that I had a little free time, so took the opportunity to check out Taka Baby fair. Everything looked so cute. I ended up buying little yellow duckie booties for my little one and little hankies. Also bought a dress on half price.

I am experiencing pulling pain/ cramps on my lower abdominal. Called gynae this morning to check if it is normal and also if okay to do physio. Gynae said it is normal if pain does not occur during sleeping or lying down. Said is the uterus expanding and stretching.

pommes: oh dear.. hope u r feeling better nw.. pls bring along a cushion to support ur back in office if you doesn't have one now..

@igop: this bb is 'famous' for strange positions; last scan at 15 weeks was kneel and pray..., gynae was joking is it bb know about the jap quake so do a gap bow...., zzz

My rashes is slightly itchy but much better after the cream and medication..., thanks for asking!

@sychosis: most gynaes have packages which includes scan and consultation fees but not including additional tests, unscheduled visits and supplements from 3 mths of p onwards..., try asking your gynae???

@pommes: my gynae also commented that I am not eating enough, ideally should be gaining 0.5kg a week..., I got eat and feel it's alot but apparently still not enough..., sigh

@pommes . I Also have the pulling feel n my gynae also said the same thing . I lost 3 kg but now my weight is creeping back to my original weight . A book says that we shd be gaining at least 2kg when stepping into 2nd trimester .

@blossom your Bb so cute la! So jap !

Thanks Blossoms, i will do that. Your baby is really cute kneeling and praying at such a tender stage [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

igop, we should put on at least 2kg? ooops, so far i've only put on 0.9kg even though i dont have any ms.

Has anyone started or is practising yoga? where at, and is it only prenatal classes? im thinking if hatha is possible as well...

@sychosis that's according to the Ang mo book . I also haven put on extra 2 kg only , trying to regain my original weight .

@muffin: will be fine!!!

@all mummies: have you started taking Chinese tonic soups? If so, can share what you are taking? Do you also know what to eat to beef up and gain weight?

I always thought I m eating alot but apparently still not enough.....

My granny made me black chicken soup without the tang GUI. There is once she added in pao sheng n it kept me wide awake, she said will skip tat next time.

Good Morning Ladies!!

Looking at the two page advertisement on the BABY FAIR at expo this week end (18 to 20 March 2011) in TODAY newspaper .. looks great many stalls .. I might go!!

Kelly : ur gynae is so sweet to burn a cd.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

SImbaobao : lucky u and bb to enjoy black chicken soup [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sychosis : i have started with just 1 hatha level 1 yoga as a warm up. felt so great but hamstrings a little sore the next day from not doing for so long! will try out prenatal yoga soon. if you are a yoga regular, normal hatha is fine. but use your breathe as a gauge. i make sure i'm not panting at all. talk to your yoga instructor.

basically to avoid mini cobras and all kind of twists which apply pressure on my tummy..of cos all poses which require us to lie on tummy like bow pose.

Seein you gals talking abt weight gain, i just weighed myself. still 800g-1kg short of my normal weight.

oh yeah VirgoMTB: i may sign up for the mount alvernia card at the fair..$68

excitedly looking at the article earlier.

hehe

there's mumbliss which gives 5 prenatal /5 post natal at 388 i think. ws thinking abt that.

incl 1 childbirth class n first aid..tot shd be fun.see how

Back