(2011/08) Aug 2011

changni> wow, will also keep a look out for u on TV [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Had rice, bean spouts, curry chicken & chilli hard boiled egg for lunch... now feel like puking cos got bitter taste in my throat gain [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

PiPi/Carole> Thanks for the upload, also going to check out what classes KKH is conducting too. TQ

mama > oo.. you also lost 5 kg !!!

I thought I am the only adnormal one here.

It's so weird, last time want to lose 1 kg also very hard then now lost 5kg just like that so easily.

i drank barley too cos i luv it but my mil said its consider "liang" drink so maybe not so often lor hehe

Mei: i had tomyum noodle ytd and LS in the evening - strangely i felt syiok! hahaha cos constipate for 3days liaoz

Finally finished reading all the past thread. So happening! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks Carole, pipi for uploading the info on aquaaero. I have signed up and made the payment via email to '[email protected]'

Now waiting for their confirmation that I'm enrolled. I will be going for Marh 12, March 19, 26 March and 2 April. Hubby sponsored. ~_~ So, I think he will push me to go if i try to laze at home. I still swim when I was 6 wks preggy till lately my hubby on cast, then no one jio me going, so become lazier and tummy get bigger, weight oso increased like no one biz. Think next gynae visit will kena red warning liaw, coz appetite super damn good, and never feel full de. Can eat 2 main courses some more, 1 roasted chicken rice + 1 mi siam. Hubby shaked head. ;(

Anyone want to join me in the aquaaero at KKH? Pls pls pls, join ler, then we can have kakis.

changni: I stay in blk 268D, very near you I think. I normally walk and cut thru the Shop and Save to go The Rivervale to swim for 1 hr if my work not too hectic. When shall we start? Next week after the CNY? You prefer evening or morning or weekend? Anyone else near us?

bell: me too 3 days liao.. jus went toilet.. relief! before that my tummy so bloated like it was going to burst hehe

this week only week 14, dono when can start to feel baby move!

hihi all mtbs,

I just came back from dentist. No major construction needed, dentist just clean out the dirt from teeth and did abit of cleaning.Abit of gum bleeding which he asked the nurse to bring some liquid for me to rinse...super bitter. I even prepared a plastic bag in case I need to puke. Overall, good exp. Cost: SGD45.

I also bought some rambutans back cos very long nvr eat already, and they are sooo sweet. The weather very hot today....I was drinking ribena while waiting for dentist. I think chinese barley is ok, not too liang bah.

I'm quite notti, I drank barley, cold water, ate liver, eat Jelly (yummy!), instant noodles, coke, coffee, tea and lots of sweets to tide my MS during 1st Tri wor... but everything not to much at one go... Old people say some food are too liang... but since I have a heaty body constitution, should be ok bah...

Tried taking milk in the morning and couldn't digest for the whole day. How to have a healthy pregnancy?!

babydreamyqueen,

i will confirm if i am joining after 25th Feb cos I need to ask my gynae. My case diff from you guys cos I got spotting and sometimes still got discharge...so better ask gynae before taking up any sports...but I think I would love to go. (but hor, my hubby going biz trip so dunno he can follow me or not. If not, got to take taxi to/fro alone)

changni,

I see this dentist called Dr Winston Dental Clinic. It's those neighborhood area so not v. expensive.

babysee,

I also drink cold water but my colleague advised me not to. She say next time baby will be v hard to take care...(maybe sick easily or what lah)

babysee> we shld try to avoid taking cold cold drinks cos alot of elderly say nxt time v hard take care... i have try to curb too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

babydreamyqueen> i will be taking the aqua-aerobics but not during Mar'11 intake, probably April'11... same as PiPi if hubby not free will take cab to/fro alone.

Re: Barley & green bean soup

Can drink in moderation cos v "liang".

babysee,

you mean cold water....irreversible one. Just drink more warm water lor...but weather very hot, you can tahan dun drink cold water meh. I cannot..I still drink 1-2 cup every afternoon.

babydreamyqueen,

i stay at hougang ave 6, beside ponggol cc. is it near? i like swimming or shld i say, i like to soak in the pool. hee hee. but im so tired on weekdays leh! dunno if i hv e energy to swim!

ladies, i ad loads of cold drinks.. n daily dose of orange juice at the market..... my no.1 has loads of phelgm issue... and has a weak constitution.. my cousin-in-law says she tried abstaining for 2 of her kids, and she finds them easier to take care too...

I guess, better to believe? But hor.. i still sneak 1-2 cups here n there.

oh yes this thread suddenly becomes alive! I'm on leave today for gynae appt... 12wks 5days now.. Edd brought forward to 20 Aug according to size of the bb... hmm gynae says will take 20 Aug as Edd for now... Cant see any 'bird bird' so assume it's a gal first ba...

buangkok

a few mummies staying near me... i'm at the quartz so if u wanna go swimming can also come over my place though i must admit i've not swam in the pool yet! wahahaha... haben found the rite swim wear and didnt dare to wear back my bikini... :p Or we can meet for drinks during wkends?

Nitestar, I stopped taking orange cos scared phlegm. U mean cold drinks can cause phlegm? I drink a lot every day! In fact now I hv a lot of phlegm too. Anyone knows how to cure it?

Milkyway thanks for e invite. Nowadays I feel so tired everyday. Haven meet my friends for a while. My bed time is 8pm. Do u gals sleep so early?

babysee

i drink cold drinks every day leh... i see hot drinks feels nausea already... anyway i drank when i had #1 too and she's quite ok lah

bunnymummy

wow u r so lucky to sleep at 8pm!! i'm not even home at 8pm! if i'm lucky i will hit the pillow at 9+pm with my #1 lor... else still have to do laundry leh. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] But gd that u are sleeping early.. u and all of us really need LOTSA SLEEP NOW!!! Once bb is out, we will all become panda with dark circles and eye bags.. hahahaha

bunny: i'm also feeling tired.... everyday and every moment... *yawnz* i try to slp early but becoz need to play with my #1, hence, my earliest timing is only 11pm - 1130pm.. sob sob..

PiPi> eg when gg out, the only drinks I can chose are cold drinks... Can't take tea, coffee or greentea... meaningful I'll be left with warm water (if they serve) if I dun take cold drinks? Taking plain water with food makes me even more sick... (the thought of it is making me puke)

I also stopped taking oranges... but took Orleng jooo to curb my weird taste bud.. haa... think it's more serious coz it's processed drinks?

wow.. so many mtbs can take cold drinks.

I am the odd one here. Take cold drinks and I will have stomache.

Can only take warm/ hot drinks.

hi all i seeing chinese doc now so that he can prescribe tonics for me. he says anything also can eat/drink except BARLEY at this stage.

he says barley makes the womb 'slippery' and result in higher chance of miscarriage.

i think cold drinks are ok.. its just too hot in singapore!! but of cos moderately.

milkway> me too!! I've never been picky over food last time... never expect land myself in this way during pregnancy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] sob sob...

Milkyway n Christine,

Dun need to envy me. I sleep so early cos I wake up at 530am on weekdays. I'm a teacher. Yesterday I was asking my pupils wat time they sleep everyday. They said 10pm, some said 11+. I told em I sleep at 8-9pm. They all were so surprised! Asked why I sleep so early?? They dunno im pregnant yet. Maybe just think I'm getting fatter. Haha

Btw my friend who just gave birth during cny, her confinement lady fly kite on her! Didn't turn up!!! I'm now so paranoid... How to ensure such things right?

bunny:

tell me about it my CL flew kite on me too but heng she did it now than later.. poor ur friend so what's her backup? she must be kalam-kabut now.. aiyoh esp cny some really traditional CL they pantang to take up esp during cny period smore

bunnymummy82,

Is the CL freelance type? Did she collect the deposit? Wow, like that very dangerous....really depend on our luck...must go and pray my CL is honest and good. If she play me out, I will call GPLS.

Bellering & pipi,

Is freelance CL. So now she n Hubby do confinement themselves. Dunno if she paid deposit. But I think paid or not, if they find some excuse dun come, what can we do? If we last min CL play us out, can get immediate obe fr agency? How much is it to get fr agency?

If it's from agency, they will replace immediately. I don't think there will be no show for those from agency cos agency will bring them to your pl. (that's what I learn from the forum)

The freelance ones are more dangerous but some of the better ones come out and do freelance after they have a set of regular customers.(word of mouth)

I m gg to batam tis wkend. Booked a suite at tempat senang at batam before preg. Heard they hav prenatal massage. Hmmm... Anyone being there before? I m quite reluctant to even try the prenatal massage. Any idea if preg can do milk bath? Or hair treatment or facial?

Patricia,

I have been to Bintan - Harris Resort. Feedback: Not bad, normal massage also good...and can take couple bath together...hee hee..

Now I am preggy, I dun dare to go anywhr...husband also say no overseas trip for me. (cos I troublesome type, prev got spotting & need to take jabs to stabilize pregnancy)

patricia,

usually they will give us Msian CL. Sgp one hardly wants to stay 24 hr with us. (that's what I know)

there is a forum (mummysg) which talks about GPLS...I am there as well..same nick.

Re: Good & expereinced confinement lady??

Hi,

My CL is very nice and friendly too. I enjoy very much having her here and cried when she has to leave... She is willing to follow instructions(very important). Beside taking care of my baby, she cooks 3 meals a day, perpare herbal drink, and boil chicken essence at night. She trains my maid too. I learned lots of things from her. And she is modern thinking. I personally think another important thing in hiring a CL, is mutual trust and a lot of communications. Her name is Lai Chen. She works for gpls confinement agency.

Can call and check whether she is available.

Patricia,I pull out from mummysg forum for you de..

Pipi, tks much for sharing. I intend to get a day nanny. Wonder msia nanny hav to travel to n fro from msia... Scali they too tired travelling, then cannot 100% concentrate. Haha! I guess i think too much.

Patricia/PiPi: I went to Harris Batam during my 2nd trimester.. its the best time to travel really..

They are a bit reluctant to do spa for pregnant ladies.. but in the end, I had a shoulder/head/back massage.. must travel before your baby comes! Else after that no more 'er ren shi jie' ;)

Sus,

I am not sure leh...everyone say I will not have couplehood once bb comes. really? I haven't complete my travel around the world yet....I still want to enjoy my traveling with hubby.

Ai yah, see how lah...step by step.

Morning,

I see u all discussing drinking cold drinks.

Me cannot tahan any liquuid very much, even water will puke.

I din know barely cannot, jus drank. I tot moderately ok?

I os got craving for bubble tea and the jellies inside. The only drink I can stomach but tea is not good n bubble tea is overnite apparently.

Can't drink juices either. Any other recommendations?

This pregnancy I dun take much good stuff.

When ms better, should take milk n soya more. Last time I drink everyday for my first tri. Plus an egg everyday, fil insisted n boil for me everyday. What I call 爱心蛋。

Hi Bunny,

I took orange juice back then, cos i read those western preg recommendations lor... good dose of vit C mah... Now i also cut down on orange le.... apparently lor, aiyo.. how to avoid cold drinks totally ah?? i see cold drinks, dessert stall as my saviour to our hot weather... n i was craving for Mac's soft serve ice-cream leh!!

Sleep... i now sleep with my no#1 abt 9pm too... then wake up abt 6am... still feel tired leh.... man... how to cope with no#2.......

Back