(2011/07) July 2011

Hi cljl,

I faced the same with my DS2. The crying is usually one of these:

- need to burp

- want to sleep

- full already

So when he starts to fidget/show signs of crying, I just prop him upright on my shoulder and pap his back. Usually works as he'll burp, fall asleep or peer around.

I heard that babies begin to suckle more efficiently so 5-10 mins they will be done.

Hi Mummies,

Sorry for the interruption. I am a Jan '11 mommy who is letting go of a brand new lucky baby playmate (with pictures of animals printed on it)at $25. Orginal price was $30.

Also letting a baby swimming tub( used only 3 times) at $45. Bought in March '11 at $70. Self collect at CCK MRT or delivery can be arranged at $5.

Do PM me if interested. Price still negotiable. Thanks for reading.

Babyjosh, thanks! Yeah I think nw somehow I gt the hang of it... Sometimes she need to burp then continue or full...

Nw her time to latch is faster... Bt will the duration for the next feed be also 3 hrs for urs or longer?

Hi, I am selling away the Haenim play yard to clear space

1) 6 panels Haenim Normal Play Yards (Blue and Red design) to let go at $65*

Consist of the following :

• 1 Activity (Normal) panel

• 2 Doors

• 3 Plain panels

Condition is 6.5/10

* Buyer may want to buy replacement parts+:

• Suction pads (A few have dropped off due to wear and tear )

• Bear stickers (Decorative purposes only, buyer can leave out if there is a budget) Optional

• Mirror sticker (Not reflective, buyer can leave out if there is a budget) Optional

Self collect. Interested buyers may email to [email protected] for viewing.

+Replacement parts can be purchased from SMH Bulk purchase spree:

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5360294.html

Hi mothers... this shd be more "Virgin post" here... really desperate to get some advise.. I also a July mother..bb is born 15 July.. Any one got breastfeeding problems - ie low milk supply no matter how mcuh you nurse.. the body just don prod so much ?? Anyone can advise whether i can try any other med/herbs etc. I have called Breastfeeding Mother Support Group, Joyful Parenting and Breastfeeding , Gleneagles Hosp for advise but none give me valuable advise. I have tried Malunggay Pills, GNC Fenugreek pills ($29.90), Fenugreek Tea ($4.50), Motilium (Domper prescribed Pills) ($40), Jamu Pill (Malay herbal pills) ($8), Chinese prescribed herbal pills (increase blood supply) ($70), Sea Cucumber pills ($43), Malunggaay Tea. The last 3 pills when taken together /consecutively seem to be able to increase my supply a bit but only in the morning when my breasts become slightly fuller. The max I can yield at one time only is 100ml which is only enough for Baby one feed!! (That's because i give formula feed to bb for the previous few sessions). My daily supplements includes multi-vitamins, Calcium, DHA, Folic Acid and alternate days for Iron and Anti-constipation pills. Can drop me reply at my email a/c too if possible: [email protected]

Hi Kv Teo tan

I'm a first time mum and I also met the same problem as you. You can try to pump regularly and don't stress yourself too much. The more you stress the lesser the milk flow. Massage your breast frequently and clear your duct.

I'll boil papaya with fresh milk to eat. I also eat fish for lunch and dinner. Hope that helps

Hi kv,

I suppose the trick is to let your bb suckle as frequent as possible. The interval of 1.5, 2 or 3 hrs before feeding FM, so that the BM is empty. Then the production will be more. It would be good if you record n monitor the pattern. Drink more fluid. Since you can get 100ml, mean there is supply.

Good luck!

Hi mummies,

I'm selling an excellent condition Fisher-Price Rainforest Open top Take-along swing @ $120, self collect at Sengkang.

My son is 7 months old and he used it for about 4 months. He enjoyed it during his younger days but has since outgrown it.

Pls sms me at 97487452 for fast deal. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6048252.png]

hi mummies

May i know how many ml formula milk is ur 2 mths+ baby drinking? My boy drinks 140ml per feed (sometimes cant finish) in 4hrs+ interval but he took 1 hr to finish it. Sometimes he'll fall asleep and when i pull out the teat, he'll open his eyes wide. Put in the teat again, after 2 sucks, he sleep again & he refused to wake up no matter how i disturb him. Pls advise what should i do?

Hi 

I m stopping breast feeding and selling my breast pump.

Philips Avent Twin Electronic Breast Pump 

Local set with warranty till Mar 2013

Include manual pump conversion kit

Cd on guide to breast feeding

Bag for the pump including ice packsx4 n insulator bagsx2

A set of nipple protectors

Honey color 260ml avent bottle x2 used only to contain milk when pumping. Bpa free 

Honey color 125ml avent bottle x2 inclusive of teats. Brand new bpa free 

Translucent 125ml avent bottle x 1 inclusive of teats. Brand new. 

2x avent pacifier 3-6 mths bpa free

Got it at $599. Willing to let go at $450 as it is still under warranty. Will provide receipt. Warranty can change for brand new set in case of breakdown. But it is very new.

Self collect at Bedok area. Pls pm me if keen. Tnx

Hi,

Pop my 2nd girl on 7 Jul. Can I join the fb as well?

Anyone here got problem with reflux? My girl has it and doc prescribed motilium to keep the milk down.

simbaobao..

still remember me??

congrats.. how come so early? how is ur baby doing? prince or princess?

the FB, u go search for 'MTB Jul 2011' and request to join the group. Admin will approve u shortly..

hi xinyue

my lil princess is doing well. Stayed in NICU for 32 days before coming back. I had pregnant complication and they decided to take her out before things got worst.

Sorry to interrupt. I have brand new Sophie the Giraffe teether toys to let go, please email me at:

[email protected]

S$28
each, will include normal local postage.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6094817.jpg]

Sorry to interrupt...

I have a almost brand new Medela Mini Electric (dual pump) to let go; still under warranty

since early July 2011 and have only used it less than 5 times cos my girlfriend lent me her Medela Pump In Style.

I bought it at Mums & Babes at S$299 which includes the motor, pump accessories,

citystyle bag with cooler bag, ice pack and 4 storage bottles.

Please PM me if you are keen.

Thanks.

@ Sakura: try to change the milk bottle & teat.

What you experience is similar to what I did. At first i changed the teat (from #2 to #1 -- bigger hole to smaller hole and vice versa).

When it didn't work, i tried using another brand of milk bottle & it worked. I switched from avent to tollyjoy & medela brand.

That is quite sad leh... I dunno how to join the facebook group... but here, no one is posting.. Fancy our group of mummies being chased away from our thread by "invaders"... July mummies, come back leh!

Mummies I am aug mummy, kindly share how much does ur bb drinks each feed, says 3hrly n how much milk can u express 3hrly?

Thanks!

simbaobao..

how abt u pm me ur email add, i see if i can add/join you to the grp?

clarissa > hmm.. last time, i just type july mummies 11 in the FB search box and i can find the page..

seems like this forum has became a advertising field, all mummies hv move on to FB.

SHM really hv to do something abt it, if not sooner or later no one will be using this forum liao...

xinyue> I think they make the group become close group so may not be able to find.

maybe you message Alicia Cho who is the admin of the group to add those pple in.. give her their email address

xinyue, simbaobao and all who wanna join the FB group..

The group name has been changed, so you can't search under "MTB Jul 2011" anymore.. please search under "July Mummies 2011"..

I got the reply from the group admin said that as she PM you all for identity verification but didn't receive reply from you, she deleted the request..

if you still wanna join the group, please send your join request again and check if you got FB PM from the admin.. Thanks.

Posted on Monday, January 16, 2012 - 12:29 pm:       

Hi

I'm a mtb in few weeks time and I would appreciate any mummies feedback on the electric dual breast pump that you are using as I am still undecided over Medela Pump In Style, Medela Freestyle and Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast pump.

Hope any kind mummies can share with me on their feedback.

Thank you

Elaine, I'm using Medela FStyle & I find it highly recommendable. I have not tried PIS. My research found it's rather good but it's bulky to carry around. Not suitable for me coz' i carry it to my office sometimes or change room to pump. Mind you, I find FS maintenance rather high coz' you need to change the parts quite frequently to keep its high performance if you are a heavy-duty user. Ameda as it's a lower range, i find it's not as good as FS although the one I tried belongs to my sis & it ain't a new one. Hope it helps! Can check with me if you need more info.

hi all,

im new mummy here. My gal was born on Jul 11. she is now 6 months plus old. Im putting her at nanny there for whole week and only bring her back on weekend. Recently she keeps on crying and dun even take her nap on noon when she was home. I feel so sad why she dun like her home. is it bcoz she is lonely no fren? house too quiet? but when i bring her to my mum's place, she is ok. maybe my mum place got alots of ppl and also kids. Im so worried if i temp stay at my mum's place and did not bring her home, will this make her dun wan to go home in future?

Anyone can help on this?

Esther,

How about temperature at home? too cold, too warm,etc.. and how about smell of her blanky? ask your nanny for the blanky she use daily to bring along, it might help.

Back