(2011/07) July 2011

It seem that quite a number of u hv gone for gynae check-up. I hv to wait for another two more wks.. Miss baby alot..

Feimei: yr baby is 1 kg already too.. Gd that bb is doing well..

Pinkyrose, don't worry abt tum2 small. U are small size. So it natural that yr tum2 also small. As long bb doing well its gd..

Janice, gd to hear to u want to try natual. Def encourage u to do that.. Don't worry abt v loosen up.. It won't be much diff.

Don't worry to much. Trust yr gynae since u hv choosen her

as yr doc. She won't anyhow say things. She will tell u what

u shld knw..

Btw do any of u feel breathless n tired aft walking a short dist? I am coming to 24 wks this fri i get breathless n tired very easily. When pre with #1 , i nt so fast tired till 7 mths plus.. Nw walk abit only, i want to stop walking n rest . Anyone exp it?

baby> i do feel breathless at times but not for short distances n i dun get tired so easily now compared to my first 3 mths. maybe i dun work??

my stomach itches like nobody business n i cant event scratch it. i keep applying oilment...so ITCHY!

XW.. my hb more for play than to take care of kids.. ours wasn't unplanned he tries to b hands on.. then play his game late into e nite.. so he will fall sick more easily.. he cannot give up watching tv n also playing game despite the v lil time we hav with e kids.. i hav a helper but i also dun wan e help to b closest to the kid.. my mum plays a v active role in taking care of him.. let's pray hard our hubbies will come around soon..

wildchillies both PISA n FS r v gd pumps.. PISA is also quite noisy at nite when u pump in silent or wee hours.. but e suction is a lil strong than FS for FS it's e mobility tat u will njoy.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

LadyGeorgette,

I bought the breastfeeding book you mentioned by sister Kang. I bought it at Baby fair for $20 when I signed up the Mount A ladies card. I have not read it though, but I have browsed through the contents and find the information in the book quite handy. However, you can also get other better breastfeeding books at $20. Here are the few books which I recommended earlier in this thread:

1.) The Breastfeeding Book by William Sears

http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780316779241/The-Breastfeeding-Book

2.) The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers by JackNewman

http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780307345585/The-Ultimate-Breastfeeding-Book-of-Answers

3.) So That's what They're for by Janet Tamaro

http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9781593372859/So-Thats-What-Theyre-For!

lynn,

Are you engaging a geomencer master to calculate the date and time? If you have any contacts, can share with me? I am finding one to calculate the name of the baby.

janice> learn thru his small actions lor.. like him brewing cordyceps for me.. cooking dinner, doing all housework (even when I am not pregnant).. If I talk to him no response then I will talk to the wall and slap the wall for response.. Then he will give me a bit of his attention.. Used to it after all these years liao hahaha

maelyn... think i'm getting master to calculate bb names. Will be using KKH master. There is a shop so we dun have to rush dwn to other places lo ;)

hmm.... no contact lei. is a shop near the private suit area. there can oso do the baby hair brush & etc...

Yeah, i aso brought the breastfeeding book wrote by sister kang at bb fair. Had a nice chat wi her as well to find out more abt the antenatal course n abt hospital tour on tat day too.. Keke

Quite informative!

px22... my hubby oso like dat. when im talking to him he gt no response dan i will say loud enough again i'm talking to the wall & air only. idiot lo. dan he will turn to mi ask mi wat. N is my turn nt to reply him. he will say mi lo. i will reply back wat i have say already say. ;) he buay tahan liao lo. let him do guessing

janice> u can't compare ur bill w mine...$116 is onli my cosultation for diabetic n gynae, i still need to pay for blood test n my insulin jab...soo definately more than urs alot!!! my gynae dun give me any fish oil...i hv been taking obimin which can get fr outside...folic acid oso can buy outside...

baby> yea...hit the 1kg jackpot!!! ya...hope she growing good... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i dun really feel breathless unless my bra get too tight...i walk alot leh....like ytd...i walk whole day except for sitting dwn to wait for my appt time...after appt...i went to buy things...walked for a few hrs...haiz~~~thou i feel very sore on my legs...but i still can walk....hahahhahaaa....rem i was complaining very sore right leg on mon...now ok liao leh...hahahaha...maybe i din walk much...tats y sore...sooo i mus walk alot!!! =P

pillow> hope u r doing good....saw ur post in FB...i can't read all comments soo did not contribute any....

tink on the brighter side....ur boy will be w u in a few mths time n u will hv a happy family....my hubby oso same as urs....so i oways tell myself...he is fr stone age world...dun bother w him too much...as long as i m happy w my gal...then sometimes when he saw mi toking to my gal...he got jealous n will come n tok to her as well...man r all the same la...they no good in expressing their true feeling...dun get too bothered over such thing....we left a few mths to go....enjoy the pregnancy journey!!!

Hi mommies,

L'OREAL Cosmetics is having private sale 70% OFF. Ends this saturday! Ranging from lipsticks, eyeshadow, make up set, eyeliners, mascara, etc from as low as $9.90

I want to order but have delivery charges. So any mommies here interested to order 2gether? I can post the items to u for free if not too bulky.

I posted the brochures here if u want to see the sale items:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57349653@N03

(copy and paste the whole link)

Delivery time will take abt 7-21 days. Please email [email protected] if keen. I want to order asap coz some items already sold out. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

feimei, tks. I listen to all their advices and sleep more. i feel better now, though sometimes i still have some "leftover blues" haha. i guess it is the sleep. so now trying to force myself to sleep by 11pm cos i reckon when bb out we wont hv much sleep

pillow.... last time i use to sleep at 0000hrs aft finish tv. rite nw my timing change a lot to 9pm+ cos my sleeping god will start find mi liao. i think sleeping really makes a diff.

true lo... in future we will be more busy looking aft our little ones dan spending more time on sleeping.

hope u r feleing better as days goes by ;) cheers

Px22> usually its like tat after marrying for years later. i find myself having lesser and lesser communication topics wif my dh after marrying only 3 years later. -_- most important is they are being a good husband and good father later. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pinkyrose> mine is 708g at week 24 days 3. my bb considered bigger than average, not considered small. i hv checked e internet e average weight should be ard 650g. ouch..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] wat abt yours??

feimei> ohhh..poor gal [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] you cannot take fish cod oil?? is obimin considered as fish cod oil? i m getting so sick of eating e folic acid. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

pillow> gd to hear that u trying to sleep more...i never hv enuff sleep....hahhahaa...my 1st tri sleeping spell is back...sooo even i sleep early...when on the way to work...i still can sleep in train...Power leh!!! hahahahaa....

janice> not tat i cannot take fish oil...did gynae diff practice...my gynae explained to me that fish oil is not scientific proven soo take or dun take it's up to individual...soo he dun give...i dun take lol....Obimin is a multi-vits...my gynae gave me that...but since i run out of supply before seeing him, he asked me to get fr outside...sooo fr then on, i jus get fr Guradian...as for folic acid...we had passed bb development stage for our bb spine...soo taking or not taking is up to u...i hv been continue to take n gynae say it's ok cos if we continue to take folic now...it jus add on a help to our blood flow...no harm taking...soo my morning pill onli Obimin n folic....he gave me calcium but i always forgot to take...soo i mus remind myself to take milk...

feimei > my 1st tri sleeping spell also back.. can get breathless easily.. especially when climbing stairs. argh.

now can sleep, sleep more. when baby comes out, don't have such luxury already..

my baby's weight was ard 840g at wk 25..

feimei> oh ic. my gynae's nurse told me tat since my appetite is good, so she is not giving me any multi-vits. folic acid coz i didnt take any iron, yeah for our blood inflow. you know the calcium pills i m taking now is like gummy-bear sweets, its chewable, and taste really nice. if you wan this, i can help you to get 1 bottle? then you will never forget to take e calcium. take it like a sweet and no need water. hehee..

since pregnant, i m getting more n more forgetable. sometimes forgotten which pill i hv taken, ended up just take one more extra. -_-

suying, 9pm+? wow that is very early le. norm by the time i reach home it is 8/9pm liao. by the time i bath, get ready oredi 10plus. sometimes do a little hsework, 11 plus liao. so i dun think i hv the luxury.

pillow> u should take half day off work and go for retail therapy. Do manicure pedicure and go for a hair cut.. jus trim also good. Then go shopping for nice expensive chic maternity wear and shoes. After that you feel like a million dollars.. sure not blue anymore...

For me... jus taking half day off work feels like a million dollars alrdy. hahahahaha

morn ladies

talking abt sleep..last time my body clock will wake me up at 7am..now, 8am..heheh...no wonder my #1 is an early riser..think #2 will sleep later..cos i only feel movements from him after 11am..kekek..& he is still moving at midnight..cham lah night owl

Feimei

hmm..i do feel fishoil makes a diff ..when i was preggy with my #1, my gynae was the one who gave me fish oil & even till now, my #1 is still taking fish oil ..i'll add into his milk powder & dunno whether its becos of the fish oil, he's advanced for his age..anyway, not to take ang chances, I consume fish oil ever since i know I'm preggy w #2..intending to let the both of them take fish oil until they refused..heheh..

I'll be on half day leave..but really no idea where to go..wanna go to the kaki bk..but no transport & really no strength to carry all those items back...:p

So far, nv feel breadthless yet..even when I'm exercising..i only feel my hip pain..:p

px22, trying to save up leave le. haircut i plan to do during the 8th mth. so can save money. haha.dun intend to buy maternity clothes anymore. think i hv too much liao. though a little auntie, tahan for the sake of saving more $. hai, my dh dun allow me to do mani pedi. said no good. before preg, i am always not seen w/o nail polish one lor. now look like auntie. the only indulgence i have is go saloon to wash hair whenever dh cut his hair fortnightly.

ivfamily, what exercising hv u been doing? i hv not been doing. planning to start soon.

pillow

i also didn't buy any preg clothes..still wearing a few of my existing bigger size or stretchable clothes & previous preg clothes..keke..really no mood to buy..cos I cant go shopping w/o feeling hip pain loh..

my exercises huh..light aerobics exercise..follow those exe video type but i'll try not to jump ^_^

pillow> aiya cannot auntie one.. i changed 3 dresses this morning cos the first 2 looked like curtains.. even preg must also maintain then we dont feel so down. must be hot mama! If can i also wear tube dresses go out liao hahahha. sure makes u feel much better...

ivf> mine also early bird. wake me up at 7.30am every morning even on weekends.. zzzz

U going kaki bukit buy wat kind of stuff? Big items they provide delivery.. I got my cot, stroller and walker there..

ivf, i cant wear my pre-preg clothes anymore. haha. only few tops which are stretchable. now all preg clothes or new non-pregs that are of bigger size. i dun wanna buy not cos no mood, cos i dun wanna waste money. only wear few mths.so tahan lor. then at least can hv more $ to buy bb stuff. hmmm ok shall go and try some light exercise.

px, very hard to wear tight dress cos can see pantyliners with the maternity cotton panty

janice> thanks for the offer!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] guess i m good for now...i will get calcium fr other source as well...preggy tend to be forgetful becos our bb is taking watever fr us...hahahaha...

iv> i did some reading on fish oil...i did took during her brain development stage then after that i stop ler...becos those r leftover fr my col...soo jus fit into that period lol...now oso lazy to take leh...jus tried to eat more fish lol....

PX

Much as i wanted to wear spaghetti strips or tubes..sad to say, my skin not in tip top condition..so better to hide..heheh..

wow..urs wake up soo early..gd, early riser is always gd..though i used to complain tt i can never sleep late w #1 around..he will make sure i wake up by 8am..hee..

I dunno what's there to buy..just tot of gg to do some shopping there..plus w/o hub around, also a bit pointless to go leh...sighh..

pillow

i share e same sentiments as u leh..used to hv more mood to go shopping..now i bit sian..

i think doing exe helps..cos i exe quite freq when i hv #1 & mabbe tt's why my labour process very fast..push twice & come out oredi.

feimei

hee..just take it tog with your rest of the supplements..mine is more lei chey cos i got to purposely take it after dinner..so sometimes i forget too.

pillow> oh i still wearing my pre-pregnancy t strings n thongs... panty liners give me rashes.. now i understand why babies get diaper rash hahahahah

ivf, do u exercise everyday? how often? not sure whether climbing stairs, walking and swim helps?hope it is not too late since i am 6mths now. haha

lucky

nv use washable breastpads b4..usually use disposible ones..

pillow

nah..no lah. now i'm lazier..got exe once or twice a wk is gd for me..heheh..though try to walk more..yup, walking, swimming & climbing stairs are gd form of exe too. Must do more.

ivfamily

I've been using disposible breastpads too but think I'm throwing money away since I've got a helper now.

Any other comments?

wa... i now every morning eat OBIMIN, Fish Gel, Calcium pills and baby asprin.. got alot of pills need to eat >.<

Px/ivfamily/pillow> i never bought any pregnancy clothes, only bought 1 pant when in china. when back in sg, i dun wear it anymore. pregnancy clothes are

1. so auntie!!

2. so expensive!!

yaya> all prescriped by your gynae?? shd eat those necessary for yourself.

janice > some preggy clothes are very nice and chic de.. If you find preggy clothes auntie/expensive, maybe can get some larger sizes clothes which fits u..

I am wearing mixture of preggy and larger sizes clothes..

Janice, yap.. all given by my gynae.. eat until blur blur liao... baby asprin is the latest addition to my supplement regmine after my DS scan. to thin my blood so as to optimise the blood flow to the baby....

yaya> u ate Obimin n calcium together? good to take separately w 2hrs interval becos calcium might not absorb if taking 2gether w multi-vits...u may wan to ask ur gynae is that so??? that's y i always forgot my calcium pill becos i will take either lunchtime or evening time....

Feimei, i was told that i can eat all together.. so i just eat lor.. the nurse told me only iron cannot take together de...but i didnt take iron anyway, so its okay...

Lizzie, maybe i weak..hahaha. i told my gynae i dun take fish, so give me fish gel. i seldom take milk, so give me calcium.. so become i eat alot of things >.<

yaya> ic ic...ok ok keep it up...heeheehee...as wat i hv told feimei, i m sick of eating folic acid coz been taking it from day 1 of pregnancy. wanna see some new pills..hehehee...but cant, still hv to take it.

xinyue> it doesnt matter, as long as ur gynae prescribed wats good for u. my gynae saw my health report n said my iron is good, so i never take iron. luckily man...if not additional new pill = new cost. *faint*

mummies taking obimin- since eating that,do u notice ur stools change to darker color?

im on obimin only..thinkin of taking my own fish oil but i duno what brand and how much to take.

Back