(2011/07) July 2011

Hi,

I gave birth to my baby in Jan'11.

I have this Latido baby bath tub which comes with a stand to let go as I don't need it anymore.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5229809.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5229810.jpg]

Bought it with the intention for grandparents to bathe baby standing up but end up I only used the tub to bathe baby myself.

Used the tub for only 1 mth but did not use the stand at all. It also comes with a tube to release water from the tub.

Condition: Almost brand new

Purchased it at S$79, would like to let go at $45.

Interested, please pm me.

Tze> basically there are 2 blood tests. 1 for oscar scan and the other one is for HIV, hep B, diabetis etc.

Eg. i hv 2 detailed health check which includes blood test for HIV, hep B, etc before my pregnancy. so i only took 1 blood test that is meant for e oscar scan. my gynae took my health report to analyze health info like iron etc.

thalassemia is 地中海贫血

it is kind of a blood disorder.. a person could be -ve of it (good).. minor (affected but no physical problem).. major (affected and with symptom)

if both husband and wife diagnosis with minor.. then the baby could happen to be major.. that's why first preg the doc will require both husband and wife to test this..

if either one of the couple is minor then kid could be minor too

not necessary for 2nd preg as the situation won't change with time

janice> your husband is minor? And u confirm u r -ve?

Then mean ur child might b minor also if i m not wrong.

They should b physically ok but they should not get married with other minor person to avoid next gen to get major

U can double check with ur gynae to understand more

tsukushi thanks but seen e doc takin e meddy dun seem to help.. n hmm will try hinting to e cc u r rite lah dun tink they care so much abt him de..

ivfamily lookin fwd to e day he becomes v happy to go to school n love to b in school.. hmm if he din cry at first u tink he will cry next week?

ah bra issues eh it's true tat bf-ing quite likely to cause saggy and drooping boobs.. many of my mummy frenz hav their boob sizes decrease after they stopped bf-ing hehe.. needed to wear bra at home when i was bf ing coz e milk will drip so needed somethin to hold e breast pads.. but i got those really comfy ones from pigeon so it's not so warm.. but this time round i dun c it selling at e bb fair.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Speaking of thalassemia, I'm still waiting for my amniocentesis results for that, coz DH and I both have thal minor. There's a 25% chance of hydrops fetalis which the doc said will not be able to survive after 33 weeks. Just praying every day that bb is normal..

Wendy, they have pigeon disposable breast pads at the taka fair. But you must go early, the basket containing it emptied very fast...

Alternatively, you can get it at ntuc too... around the same price as ntuc is also having offer for it...

i dun hv cramp or swollen leg/feet but i hv veins 'on show' liao....those fine lil purple vein...thou my fav color is purple...i dun wan it on my leg leh.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I have cramp and swollen feet and legs.. I was woken up by a cramp on my calf just nw [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] super pain.. But at least it stopped me from oversleeping even more. Heheh

My feet and legs get more swollen at work when I climb up n down the stairs and stand too much.. Shopping for too long also will swell..

Feimei, I also have a few purplish lines.. I just discovered them on my thighs (which seemed to turning chunkier and chunkier )

Sigh... Cannot get rid of the veins de right?

i have swollen feet everyday.. sometimes so bad tat i cant wear my shoes.. and veins everywhere too.. arms, palms, legs, tummy, chest, boobs.. looks as if baby is a vampire and sucking all the blood out of me..

Does anyone have super red palms now? my palms full of red spots and my colleague thought I just slapped someone.. LOL

nana> whenever i rested my leg, i will jus gentle massage on the leg...(jus press, press here n there)...my veins did not get chunkier, still the fine veins type...u try...esp before sleep...u press press abit....the next morning u will notice the vein not soo obvious ler...i do alot of walking too!!!

i find that the vein will pop when the muscle is tight...soo the gentle massage will lossen up the muscle then the vein will not get chunkier...hahahhaa...of cos thats my own logic after i explore myself using my method!!! =P

those who are hving swellen leg and water retention.. drink more water so that it will pass out our salt via urine.. that can help reduce water retention..

tze, i did.. i had blood drew out by my gynae clinic nurse to test for the HIV, STD etc..

Ask u all ah.. i finally managed to know my DS report liao.. all is well (thanks god!!) but i need to take supplement to increase blood flow to the baby.. should i be alarmed now??? I will be going down to gynae clinic tomorrow just to buy fish oil.. can i just request to see gynae to see if i need take the supplement for blood flow together or wait till next sat appointment>>????? abit nervous liao

i wonder will later eating steak helps???? kekeke

chujie> yeah i remember he told me this before. but i forgotten e medical term, thanks i will ask my gynae e next time i see her. i totally forgotten abt this part. thanks so much.

yes, chujie! i hv been pumping water as much as i can...in office, can easily up to 2.5L daily, even reached home, also keep drinking water...but wkend abit lag...onli drink when rem!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

me also starting to experience swollen legs and feets. usually very bad at nite and by e next morning, it seems subsides a bit. i heard from one of my aunts tat her swelling only happens when near to her delivery date. so i m kinda worried now since i m only in my 22 weeks ++. are you ladies worry abt e swelling? looks scary like gonna burst.

chujie> hated drinking plain water..can i substitute wif riberna? is it e same?

yaya> maybe u can ask e counter nurse whether u can do so. i remember my gynae told me tat folic acid helps to generate blood..this is why i cant stop folic acid but must be taken all e way.

feimei> wow u love drinking plain water, which is very good.. i hated drinking plain water. i hardly drink water. dun know how to motivate myself doing so.

so u still experience swelling feel/leg after drinking so much water??

jan-ice, i will ask tomorrow... will do anything for the sake of my bb!! kekeke.

u are not taking multi vit? the one i am taking now also have folic acid..

janice> not i like to drink plain water...no choice cos i can't take sweet drink or gassy drink so my main soruce of water is plain water lol...oso drink for the sake of drinking...

no..my dun hv swollen or crampy legs...jus the fine veins...

Good afternoon mummies!!

Went to gynae this mornig wif my boy cos he was with me 24x7 for the past days..put on 1.3kg and 300g went to baby..hehe. so he is abt 620g which is on the 50th percentile.

will go for c-sect on 21st june..dr alr said right after 38 weeks can operate anyway baby will be breech too cos he is not showing signs of turning..

wow Zachmommy... so fast knw ur delivery date liao! u gng for GA or EPI? will u b the 1st to POP? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yaya, it depends Even if bb head turns nw, it can also turn again.. For my #1, my bb head turns dwn at 7 mth n engaged at birth canal n nv turn already..

yaya> yeah no multi-vit. my gynae a bit weird..i mean different from you gals. my gynae is Dr eunice chua from tmc. initially wanna go for dr jocelyn wong also from tmc but one of her counter nurse super arrogant n unfriendly. so ended up didnt go for her.

feimei> ic...so drinking lots of water do help in legs swollen.

Janice, oic.. no wonder..kekeke.. me taking calcium+ multi vit+ fish gel..

Baby, oic.. from my DS visit, the sonographer told me my baby is head down.. so maybe thats y i always felt movement at lower tummy and kicking at belly button there...

janice> riberna is fine.. but make sure you don't make it too sweet.. too much sugar intake is also no good for us.. I usually make it light which is a bit sour.. hehe..

but plain water is still the best

chujie> i hv been taking more sweet stuff since month 4. cant help it..how do u gals control???

wat will happen if taking too many sweet stuff?? i hv been drinking ice-milo (home make myself) quite often.

janice> you are seeing eunice chua ah? she is my MIL's cousin.. I used to see her but her waiting queue is just too long.. haha.. recommended by a friend to Dr. Lai Fon-Min in Camden.. but he took me like a customer which I don't feel good.. (Now I look at his clinic name "A Company for Women", pretty much he treat everyone like customer.. haha)

And as I mentioned abt my previous preg problem.. I met this Dr. Hendricks who is very nice.. so I stick with her since '07

janice> the problem abt taking too much sweet stuff is that you might end up with pre-natal diabetis.. and baby size could get oversize before EDD.. and difficult for delivery..

better to control.. if you really want sweet stuff.. I would recommend go for fruit.. healthier

Aftn ladies

tgif..hmm..though it makes no diff for me cos i dun get to rest during weekends cos still got to work :p

RE: Swelling

*touch wood* so far, no swelling..even for my 1st preg..think i only swollen on tummy area...though i noticed i cant wear some of my old shoes b4 feeling uncomfortable..guess my feet did swell slightly..

I also heard tt in order to reduce the swell, must drink lotsa water& avoid eating overly salty stuff, which will retain water

Janice

Hmm..instead of ribena/milo, try adding some fresh lemon into water..at least it's more refreshing & healthier..not gd to take too much sweet stuff..or keep yourself busy so u wont think of eating sweet stuff loh..

Feimei

wow..u drink lotsa water..tt's gd! I tried to drink one metal container of water while at work..but when i'm not at work, then i usually dun drink..bad hor...

Zach

so fast decided on the date for C section? I dont rem the bb so fast turn one..hmm..or mabbe my gynae never mention..nasically, my gynae v relaxed one..i rem asking him qns & he always assured me tt everything is ok & fine..heheh..so sometimes also feel no pt asking him..cos i oredi know his answer.

anyone went to the expo bb fair? I'm soo tempted to take leave to go to expo today..got Popular fair as well..but all the way there :p..thinking whether to go tomo..

I tink she said that based on experience. Baby supposed to b moving everywhere. Sometimes head on left, right or bottom but my bb position is always the same place.

Jgwee > I hv to go c-sect cos I hv operated twice on same wound so I dun wan to risk it bursting... She gave me a date right after I turn 38 weeks so that I can do planning. Need to book air tix for my parents, tell CL, do handover at work (yet to find contract) last minute house cleaning etc.

I go for epidural.. N I chose my current #1 pd fr kinder clinic as #2's pd too.

I juz checked the date, not a bad day juz need to make sure the timing is either b4 9am or after 11am. Muahaha..

chujie> oh..no wonder my bb gal is on e big side. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] hate being preg.

ivfamily> hv been trying hard. i think ur lemon squeeze to water is a good idea. think i will go buy some lemons later.

hi all,

I'm 22wks + preggie with my #1 bb girl EDD 20 July.

I hope u gals dun mind me joining in the talk here.

I've been experiencing tightness in the lower abdomen occasionally and sometimes feel a bump that raised slowly and disappear in min.

Has anyone been experiencing that? I am not sure what it is. Braxton hicks contraction? or normal tightness sensation when uterus expanding ?

janice, i dunno baby turn or not... just surprise to learn that bb head is down liao.. i was like -.-''?????

hw heavy is ur girl girl wor??? mine at 21week 6 day is 475g...

hi Diana - nice to see u here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] how are u ?

are u having a boy or girl?

Back