(2011/07) July 2011

Maelyn, take care. I heard that ginger water helps in MS.

kv teo-tan: How coincidental, I stay in Tiong Bahru too. Am intending to use SGH as my corporate maternity benefits limit me to restructured hospital. Anyone has experience with Dr Devendran of SGH? Pediatric refers to the specialty taking care of babies & children; the care of prenatal mothers is officially known as obstetrics, but many people call it gynae.

Care bear

Yes, I had an experience with Dr Dee during my previous pregnancy. Was admitted to SGH during my 30th week pregnancy as I was suspected of premature labour. My main Gynae was with TMC but they transferred me out to SGH as it is cheaper in case bb is out prematurely.

Dr Dee is quite gentle I would say. I think he is the most experienced Gynae in SGH.

Congratulations everyone!!

Tested positive on Wed with the digital Clearblue test kit.. it stated "2-3" so add 2 weeks to the number.. i am 4-5 weeks pregnant =)

LMP was 5th Oct, Same as wendy =D

So far, I have no MS...

Hi all,

I am new! tested +ve on 03/11. excited. but am worried at the same time because i do not really feel tired like most of u. only sore boobs when touched, esp nipples and a little cramp here n there. other than that no other symptoms. tested using watson brand. wonder whether shld i wait till mid nov before seeing gynae or shld see gp now to confirm, as i only have faint line. not as clear as the other line. pls advise

hi pillow4,

from what i know, a faint line is still a positive! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] which still means u're pregnant but if you're having doubts I recommend going to the doctor to clear all doubts. and one thing to note is home pregnancy tests are quite accurate heehee.. all the best!

Bblim... Did I see u at the june2011 thread b4???

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pillow.. maybe you can wait for a few days later den test again?

or u can go guardian check if that $7 for a box of 2 de preg test kit is still buy 1 box free 1 box.. =)

Den u will be able to see the (+) line darken day after day u test if it is really positive

I had a chemical pregnancy last month..

or rather, an inaccurate test result cos i was using a P-brand test kit...

so this month I am very careful..

On Wed, 3Nov, i tested faint positive using the cheapest preg test kit from guardian.. (cos last month buy alot)

den the next day, i test again with the same kit and found the line darkened..

that noon,i bought the clearblue digital kit and tested positive with 4-5 weeks pregnant =)

Hi mummies, I also just tested +ve on thurs. Edd is calculated to be mid July based on lmp of 7 oct. This is my #2, #1 born mar this year whom I'm still nursing. Think somehow bf worsens ms symptoms, or maybe just a coincidence. Starting to feel more tired, crampy n stomach boosting too. Still researching for a good gynae in the northeast area..

Daph, thanks for sharing your experience with Dr Dee, glad to hear he is experienced & gentle. Your TMC gynae is really kind to transfer you to SGH in view of the potential premature delivery and the high costs, cos it's a loss of business to them.

For those who tested +ve with a faint line, my GP says a faint line is still considered +ve. If you want to be doubly sure can test again a few days later when the hCG increases.

Hi pillow,

During my first pregnancy, I hardly had any signs and symptoms too. No MS, no backaches and all.. But this time totally different. So, please dun get worried coz every pregnancy is different. If you really have any doubts, then you should go seek GP or Gynae's advise.

Hmm...

My MS was quite ok these 2 days.. weird.. haha.. I was thinking was it diarrhea or MS on Thursday becoz I experience loose stools as well, but no stomach ache.. hmm..

hi. selling the folowing. pls PM for fast deal.

>> brand new Osim ubaby fever band [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4703616.jpg]

>> used once party deco [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4703617.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4703618.gif]

>> brand new drypers and breast pads [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4703619.gif]

Hi Mummies!

Congrats everyone! So happy to see so many EDD July moms to be here.

I just tested positive too, but it was using a 10miu/ml (ultra early sensitive test).. but hopefully, i believe so, should still be positive. I've tested it three times over the last three days, and it's been a faint line all the time. But after reading some reviews on the net for this particular kind of test kit, it seems that a faint line is quite common, so i think i'll try again tmw with a different test.

My lmp was 1st Oct, so EDD is around 10 July..

I've called my gynae but his recommendation is to see him only at 6 / 7 weeks so that something can be detected..

I've had a pregnancy before but it was 5 years ago, and a miscarriage, so I'm really grateful that after so many years of trying, .... I can hardly believe it now!

Wendy, looking forward to hear about your experience at the gynae!

Best wishes to all and everyone, stay calm and happy!

hi mommies, sorry to disturb, anyone interested in CL ? $1800 only, guarantee experience and support breast feeding. if interested pls sms me 98572771 to book

Hi Audrey!

Thanks! congrats to you too!

It's my 1st child too! my last pregnancy didn't end well, so really grateful to see this one after 5 yrs!!

I'm happy for you too! So exciting..

this morning, i tested again, with another kind of pregnancy test, and it was positive, but guess what, i later realised that it was expired... but i think i should still trust all the 4 positives i've had so far right?

i think i should :0)

So you are also 4-5 weeks preg?

Hi Isabella, Audrey & Maelyn,

Tks for the advice. I am contemplating seeing a doc but am scared that they will do a v-scan. I hope to avoid that as the last preg (ends up in miscarriage), i had v-scan and the female doc is so rough. phobia now.

so now thinking when is the earlist that i can so scan on the exterior instead of v-scan.

Rosegal,

Congrats! So happy for you! I can imagine your happiness upon seeing that line! I was dumb-strucked too. So now u are abt 4/5mths preg? counting down to see doc? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Me too. But i am confused as to how many weeks i ma preg as my cycle is abt 31-33 days. so am not sure whether i shld use LMP to count. my LMP is 28 Sep. But my ovulation shld be 16/17 oct if according to my longer cycle. so how do i calculate it?

if acccording to LMP i shld be 5w6d preg. but if according to my cycle, i am only 5w1d preg. which one shld i adopt? pls advise me mummies.. tks

Hi pillow4,

To count how many weeks pregnant, you should count from ur last LMP. So from 28 sep will be ur number of weeks

Counting down. wish u all the best.

Hi congrats all mother to be,

I am in my first ttc-ing after 2 years. I hope i will get it this mth. My LMP was 16 oct. Now it is too early to tell. However i am having cramp almost every nite. Somehow it is related to preggy. Hopefully it is. If yes, i will be in july 2011 thread. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi prosper.

really? if that is the case then i will be able to see gynae soon! i am so worried everyday. need to check the soreness of my boobs almost everyday. cos the last time i had M, i first sensed it when my boobs no longer feel sore.

look forward to see you in this thread soon. think you will be able to test ot as soon as 14 days after your ovulation, if i am not worng

Hi Rose!

Yes.. i m 4-5weeks preggy now =D

If u wanna, get the clear blue digital kit..

Not only it tells u that u are pregnant, also tells you for how long you are preg =)

Pillow,

It should be according to ur cycle de.. =)

Mine to.. usually 28 days..

but last month, absolutely messed up.. it was 40 days haha..

I'll just take the average of the past 4 months to calculate =)

Hi pillow4,

Yes, even if u see gynae, gynae will ask ur LMP to determine your EDD.

My first pregnancy, my cycle was 40 days.. So it does't matter.

When i visit gynae for my first visit, was asked for LMP and was given me my EDD.

You may refer to any of the bb wedsite to calculate.

It also need u to key in ur LMP. Hope this helps..

hi audrey & prosper,

tks for the advice. the reason why i am asking this is cos i need to know when is the soonest i shld go and see gynae to check the heartbeat.

i do not wish to go w/o being able to see the heartbeat cos my last miscarriage, there was no heartbeat at week 6 and waited till week 8 and still do not have.

so am trying to minimise any disppointment, just in case. but then again i am scared as i dunno whether everything is ok. so when do u all suggest that i shld see gp/gynae? shld i go gp or gynae straight? argh, this is so excited and yet scary..

Hi pillow4,

Thanks a lot! yes, so happy I could not really believe it! But I seldom, v v seldom have my period late for one week, plus all the symptoms, 4 positive results, though faint, so just cross my fingers and counting down to my gynae visit!

I totally understand how you feel about your experience with a rough female doc. It happened to me toO! But thank God I finally met a v gd n gentle male doc at Thomson, Dr LC Chang. He's very gentle (i'd been seeing him from jan to july as I was ttc) so I'll continue to see him..

But i also have a bit of phobia with internal scan, so i'll also ask for external scan when i next see him.

As for your cycle, yes, it should be according to lmp as that's how the doc's calculate it..

All the best everyone, stay happy and cheerful!

Hi ladies. I'm new here. It's my first pregnancy and EDD is 3 July 2011.

I've been feeling nausea since week 5 and i dunno how am i gg to go work tom man..

does anyone face the same problem as me? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

rosegal,

when i saw the female doc the last time, she did a very rough vscan, give me hormone injection, very rough pap smear and asked me to take 2 folic acids! the whole thing cost 500+! i took the 2 folic acids only for few days then i am back to one cos i know that too much will be toxic. personally i think that all these treatments were the cause of my mis-c. thereafter i see a male doc which is my hubby ex-classmate. fr them on, i only trust male doc.. looking forward to see gynae in mid nov. hopefully i can tahan till then.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dear iko,

congrats! as for me, i do not have any symptoms yet. so how many weeks are u now? if i am not wrong, there is some sort of pills to help the ms. maybe u can ask your gynae?

Rosegal pillow4

From what I understand v scan is more efficient on checking the baby than external scan during early pregnancy. Reason being v scan is very clear, external scan really can't see much until when baby is much bigger during the later trimesters. I was very happy to receive my v scan ultrasound photos during my first pregnancy as compared to external scan photos(very blurred and unclear)

Hi pillow, I'm 6 weeks now. Really? I'm thinking of bringing forward my next appt as I'm feeling so uncomfy everyday! Btw whats v scan?? How much does it cost?? Did the prev gynae say why u M the last time?

hi daphne, tks for the info. i guess i hv no choice but to do v-scan then. a little phobic actually...

iko, v-scan is vaginal-scan. since u feeling so uncomfy, u shld then bring forward your appt. at least u will be more assured. well, he just said that it is norm. maybe the embryo or smtg is not healthy so it will just stop growing. i accept that rather than having it born not a healthy baby

Iko,

I had very bad morning sickness during my first preg, to the extent that I was warded in hospital due to dehydration(over vomited). Felt better during my 2nd and 3rd trimesters though I had to make myself vomit once in awhile so as to feel better. I can understand how you feel, but the feeling will go off in a few weeks time. I had to vomit after most of my lessons (I teach piano) after leaving students' place. That's how bad it was.

I'm in my fifth week now. Still feeling ok, I prayed so [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Daph and pillow4

Daph, thanks for your input. Yep.. I half expect my doc to advise a v-scan too. I used to have a really (i think) mental phobia of v-scan from the first M's experience. It just used to feel so weird, like having something shoved into your throat, just that now, it's vagina..

I mean, it's not like human flesh.. u know what i mean.. But of course, my current gynae I think is much much more skilled, so my phobia is reduced from 100% to maybe 15%. But my weeny fear, which i know, i guess, is illogical, is this: if they shove something inside, will it affect the foetus? Will it accidentally touch the foetus? no right? yep, i guess it's just me being paranoid.

Pillow 4 : from the sound of it, your experience was terrible! Really sympathise with you. Mine was just that the female doctors had female assistants push my legs and force them open, when I was obviously not ready mentally, for the v-scan.. so it was extremely terrifying. And painful. cos when you are not relaxing the muscle, it's harder for the probe to go in, as the muscle is not relaxed. But they didn't give me time to relax, or reason with me. the doctor wasn't very helpful with calming me either, so in that sense, i didn't think she was v gd...

dear iko, congrats! looks like we're all in teh same track here. :D

i'll be going to the gynae just to collect my medication, perhaps duphaston?? to antai??? the nurse said it's some hormonal pills, so i'm not sure.. plus to set the 1st appt date, so i'll keep everyone posted! :D

congrats to all mummies!!

i'm new here and happy that it's my 1st pregnancy. was really shocked when i was tested positive. didn't expect it. my lmp was 3 oct. very close to Wendy. Into my 5th week now.

is it advisable to consult a gynae around 5-6 weeks? been quite hungry for the past week too. lol. do you ladies have such symptoms?

Daph,

Hope your 2nd child will be a smooth one [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Rosegal,

Is Dr LC Chang pro natural?

Hi Sogo!

Slept early but woke up again at this weird hour.. hot flash... wanted to measure my temp but couldn't find the thermometer! (sign to get one soon)

I think you should call up your gynae cos it also varies from individual to individual. when I called up the clinic, they asked if I have any spotting/ urgent need to see doc, cos for them, they said that otherwise, there's no urgent need cos anyway they won't be able to detect much at 5th weeek, not sure about 6th onwards though. But I think it's better you consult the docs.

As for hunger pangs, definitely for me! (i'm not skinny to begin with haha) But i think the advice given is to eat small but regular meals.

As for Dr LC Chang, when you mean pro natural, do you mean delivery wise? Sorry not so sure what you mean..

Hey rosegal

I'm taking duphasten too! Sometimes I wonder if the medication is causing the nausea feeling?? I'm Gg to see a GP ltr to see if he has any medication for that. Dun think

I can work in this state man.

Hi sogo

I used to feel hungry too until the nausea feeling sets in last week when I'm into my 6th week. I dun have appetite to eat much. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hello mums to be!

Hi pillow4, i'm glad you've changed doctors since the last one was bad. I hope everything turns out for the better this time. Maybe you might want to advise the new doctor of your last experience and your feelings so that he will approach the whole thing much more carefully heehee...

Hi rosegal,iko0508 and sogo.. CONGRATULATIONS!

rosegal after so many years of trying... you must be so happy! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi IKO0508, i also just found out i was pregnant like ten days ago hee i've got very sore booobs, will experience headaches if i dont get enough rest, slight cramps, nausea but sweets easily solve that problem cos i really dont want to puke[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]hope your nausea gets better!!!

Dear sogo, i feel hungry more often but since i've been pregnant i've been needing less food to make me feel full. so i try to eat more often but definitely eating lesser each time. breakfast is just fruits nowadays...

oh and i'm always craving for oranges. lol weirddddddddddddd

ok all the best to everyone in this forum as i fly off to japan today for a 9 days trip hoping everything goes well... fingers crossed.. doctor gave the go ahead to fly already so putting all my faith in what the doctor said heehee...

Hi Mummies...

I haben see a gynae yet... I still wondering whether I shd C Dr Jen Shek Wei Or Dr Michele Lee from AMK.... Any Adv?

Daph, u mean the second preg u have no ms yet. continue praying for it. cos your first preg is so bad.

rosegal, dun worry. it wont affect the foetus. they are very skilled. now i am excited to see gynae and scared as well. haha. i also having the same prob as u. for the past week, i been waking up at weird hours a few times and had to force myself to sleep. ytd was lucky. only woke up one time. but i do not have hot flush. and i am always hungry. dunno whether is it because of me greedy or baby. so i cannot measure. haha

sometimes i do have this weird wish to have no appetite or even to have ms. so i do not need to est so much and put on so much weight. i have to watch my weight now. am trying to control so hard. haha. i know few of you who are having ms must be saying that i am crazy! haha.

Hi Girls,

Sorry that i update late.. Hehe.. Just back from Bintan. The journey ride on the way to resort was bumpy but luckily it was fine. Yes, if there is any spotting or bleeding, you need to see a doctor immediately. My gynae told me that as well.

An update about my 1st gynae visit: The gynae was gentle and brief me on things i should avoid eating etc. Tell me to eat for myself but not for 2 persons.. haha.. He told my weight and height and i heard from my friend, he will spot check if we are eating right. He wants pregnant woman to eat moderately and not to be overweight unnecessarily. Then, after small chats, he did a ultra scan and he is able to spot the sag. Hehe.. It is really small, about 4.5mm only! He did a zoom and print the scan for me and paste it in a card form and tell me to bring along everywhere i go as this is baby's IC..hehe.. He twrote on the card, i am in my 5th weeks pregnancy. I am in my 4 weeks, 6 days pregnancy today. Hehe! My next appointment is on 15th Nov and doc says he will detect the heartbeat on this day to confirm the pregnancy and plan ahead. I am anxious!! Hopefully, i can hear bb heartbeat!

Isabella, tks. Yupm i have told him before when he did my D&C the last time. it was good. i feel so much more assured. wow, your doc give u go ahead? mine no no cos i had history of M before so better avoid. oh my, how can u stand the temptation of facing the sashimi. ytd went to eat my fav jap but gotta stare at hubby eating raw food while i can only take the cooked stuff.

jgwee, how many week are you now?

hi wendy, wow u have such a nice & funny gynae. baby's ic? haha. must keep us update on your next visit..

dear mummies,

can someone pls advise me. when should we start to take milk powder for preg e.g. anmum and such? can we take now? i kiasu.

and what kind of fruits are considered liand and shld be avoided. i am trying to incorporate more fruits into my diet as i am not a fruit person.

can we do some light exercise e.g. brisk walk, swim, light cross-trainer? cos i feel so fat.

sorry for asking so many qs. cos we haven told anyone yet so cant really seek any advise from anyone. plan to tell parents only after confirm bb heartbeat.

Hi Wendy

I did my first scan when i was only 4weeks plus too. And from the scan we can only see the waterbag and sac.. My next appt is on 13th Nov.. hopefully can detect the heartbeat too!! i'm also as anxious as u!!

To the rest

I just went to see GP downstairs. he said its better to avoid taking any medication during first 3 mths. But he still gave me medicine for nausea for standby. Seems like i'll juz have to ENDURE and go to work feeling miserable.. (u noe i feel like lying down all the time whenever the feeling sets in~~~)

jgwee, my LMP oso same as u!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] then u shld be 6 weeks now! ur cycle is 28 days? mine is 32 avg. so i blur whether i am 6 weeks now or 5 weeks plus. mummies here said shld be according to LMP so i shld be abt 6 weeks.

i'm seeing gynae from kk

Pillow4... so qiao! where u stay? i tink I will go ard 6 or 7 weeks for 1st appt...to c can detect heartbeat anot... but dun knw which gynae to choose.... and still haben make any appt yet...

hi rosegal,

hope u'll have a gd rest from today onwards [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] heard that mercury thermometer is more accurate in terms of temperature reading, compared to those digital ones. see if u wanna get the glass, mercury type of thermometer. I remembered i bought it few mths ago. Less than $10. I seldom get hungry so fast, until now.. haha.

As for Dr LC Chang, i meant delivery wise. Is he pro natural? any idea?

hi pillow4,

I'm taking Anlene creamy. Just started on 5 Nov. It's a new flavour and it's just like normal milk. Tastes quite nice as I like milk. I also haven't told my parents/family yet as I wanna wait till it's "confirmed" first. Cos my sis had a few miscarriages and i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi All!

Tested positive and confirmed by doctor yesterday! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Im 5 weeks and 1 day along with the pregnancy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My first gynae appt is on 19th Nov! Sooo excited!

Back