(2011/06) June 2011

Suzie I ask the origin jamu already , one of us book online 1st then mention the other frd name n edd then the other frd book after that mention 1st frd name informing them 1st frd already booked tking buddy package

Experienced mummies, can share experience what kind of deal we can expect from the baby fair? Is it for small purchases (diapers, clothes, toys, etc) or for big purchases (strollers, car seats, etc)?

BTW I went to bb kingdom and bb hypermart, more or less decided on Combi Well Comfort but hoping to get a better deal on the baby fair. Any idea which fair will stock up Combi? :p

Just a quick note. OG at orchard and Bhg bugis is having 20% baby fair. OG have dr. Brown, Bfree n evenflow bottles.

Do you gals think that there'll be better offers at the fair?

hi, i went Taka Baby Fair for the past 2 years..they do have good deals..i remember the babyccot + mattress + bedding set cost abt $399,very good deal..they have Britax carseat promo too, clothings, toys, most items have 20%off...

If you like Combi products, BHG Bugis have quite big range for this brand ..

or wait for Isetan private sale, often they have additonal 5% to 10% off for members on top of the already 20% off discount..

there is this store called kidsloft, maybe can check it out ..www. kidzloft . com...can compare prices with other stores..

hi, i hvn been in here for some time. i just requested to join the fb thread. can someone add me please?

i went for the bhg & og fairs over the wkend. bhg has some pretty good deals. like 2 sets of PJ for $6, n some brands lik pigeon clothing goes for 3 pieces at $9.90. but limited stocks and sizing.

Anyone has any recommendation for playpen & cot? I seriously duno how to choose man..

pianojizzy, for caps that for hospital glass bottles, you can actually get the caps at 90cts each, i got them from a shop nearby my hse, they come in screw ring and sealing disc, or $1.80 one which come in screw ring, sealing disc and cap, the brand name is tollyjoy. if you want, let me know how many u want, i can get for you. no need to get so ex ones for the bottles. They can fixed in any brand like friso, similac, nestle, etc of the glass bottles.

the pix as below, pls ignore the bottle showing.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5132638.png]

lukemommy, last isetan's pte sale, i din go cos the discounts were very disappointing! they don have additional member's discount on top of the usual 20% discount, hopefully the next pte sale will have additional member's discount on top of the usual discount.

Hospital glass bottles:

The plastic caps & sealing disc are sold in Mt A pharmacy.

Hi

Good morning ladies.

Same here..i am always in/out baby depts empty handed as i really do not know where and how to start buying things...most of the time i only just look at the price for "research"...

Clothings -- understand no need to get so much NB as bb outgrown very fast, but estimated may i know how many set to get (day & nite)?

Baby Cot -- most probably will check out during taka fair as my friend say she got a very good deal last year for a 3 In 1 baby cot convertible to toddler bed which cost her only $300plus!

New ladies added to FB. Welcome! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Please identify who you are by cutting and pasting on the list of nicks and names in FB.

good morning mummies!

I was at vivo on sat, just 2 hrs of shopping exhausted me to the bones!! my left ankle was so painful that took me 2 days to recover! I went to mothercare to look see, but never buy anything cos hubby say wait for taka bb fair. went watson & saw kodomo wet wipes on offer quickly ask hubby to grab 10 packs

Hi Mummies,

I need some advise regarding avent sterilizer. I have a used avent electric sterilizer which I have used for my first son who is 8 years old now. I used extensively since he was new born till 3 years old.

Since I am going to use again in June, I am not sure whether I should buy a new one or not. I also not sure whether the steriliser that I bought at that time is BPA free or not.

I have called avent, and they said its not necessary to buy a new if it is still working. What are your opinion mummies?

regards disc & cap, can buy at KK hosp pharmacy too i heard.

matahari. i will still use my pigeon sterilliser also, dont think they are bpa free sterillser. mayb you can use the lemon etc to kill the old gems? else is kinna pity.

bb stuff, i wont buy too many stuff that will be close to bb skin. eg. moistuiser, wipes, shampoo or diapers, cream.. cos some bb might hv allergy to a particular item, will be wasted if u stock too many.

matahari, you can bring ur existing pump to service center to check on the suction power think checking is free. I did dat for my ameda pump then I decide I ve to get a new one [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Avent bottles:

some mummies here mention there is a ring to take out to wash. which ring u refering to? I was told BPA version do not require the ring.

Chil, I also felt that its kind of wasted not to use the old steriliser. I don´t think for steriliser also have bpa or bpa free version?

ratatouille, its not the breast pump but steriliser. I have the Medela PIS from US also bought 8 years ago. I have a transformer which is very heavy. So I am thinking of buying Ameda pump

Morning mummies! I'm waiting for the Taka baby fair coz I've some vouchers to be used. Based on my experience from #1, for items like creams, diapers, lotions, it's better to buy one small tube first to see if baby develops rashes before stocking up. There may be very good reviews online but not suitable for the child. For baby clothing, i just stick with 100% cotton ones for daily wear (those plain types that are sold in dozens) without tags. Just rem to wash them first using baby detergent. And get soft towels - both bath and face towels(I use one to clean baby's face and one to clean the baby's gum). If planning to use cloth diapers need to buy liners too.

Also need to get pails (to separate baby's clothing and adult clothing) my Hb actually rushed out to buy these coz we didn't have enough at home.

It was quite funny as we remembered to get all the big ticket items but forgot the details.

matahari, i see. paisay i misread. Ameda is good it work fine wif me. I used it for #1 fr nb till 21mths so suction power no good & i bought a new set last nov when there was a promo at robinson.

Ratatouille, how much did u bought from Robinson afetr discount? Does it come with 2 bottles & tubing for pumping?. And if I want to buy the cooler bag to use if I return to work and need to put breast milk, do you know how much does it cost?

Thanks

matahari, I also cant remember how much need to go hm to check on the receipt it was $200+ usual price is $398. Yup standrd wih 2 bottles & tubing & wif free milk bag. Cooler bag I used playtex ftg previous is good the size to hold 2 bottles cost $40+ at usual price. Good thing abt this cooler bag is no need to put in ice pack as the ice pack are built in within the bag.

i'm on mc today. haiz. actually it's nothing much but i have infected urine with bacteria. not much symptoms also, just a radiating ache at the lower abdommen. lucky went to see GP.

so i'm going to find some crochet booties and mittens pattern and try to make something.

Thinkbelle, if I not wrong is cheaper in mt a.

Qiuen, califournia cream I use it when it turn red for daily use, I use a cheaper brand [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi experienced mummies,

For baby clothes washing powder, any good recommended brands or any as long as it is for baby clothes is good enough? I guess for us June mummies, April is a good time for us to start washing up all the baby clothes and bedding??

Came back fm Dr and am given medication...

Went to Bugis BHG too after seeing the dr.. got some stuff from BB Fair. Spent S$104 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Got the following:

Pigeon BB Wipes (6 refill pack in a bag)

Pigeon Wide Neck Bottle - Promotion 3 btl 8oz in a pack @ S$39.90 think this is cheap [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tollyjoy Diaper Liner

Pigeon Nail Scissor $11+ after discount

Pigeon Tops and Bottom (3 at S$9.90) - mom pick those... while I do the rest

Redeem a free rabbit stuff toy and car park

thanks, clare !! :)

yes, jj, the last istetan pte sale wasnt that fantastic, hopefullt this time got extra disount for memebers but most of the time, they do have the extra discount..i would like to go to the sale next mth, so hope got extra discount !!

re: baby monitor

those mommies looking for baby monitor, yesterday i went ot motherworks website and saw they are having sale on Avent's baby monitor, seems like quite good discount :-

http://motherswork-estores.com/on_sale.cfm

Thanks qiuen for adding my details to the chart :)

mothercare at harbourfront having sale from 3 march onwards, discount up to 80% off on regular items...can't wait to go , the clothings are of good quality, worth buying if really got good sale if not very ex..I like their PJs, very comfy , my boy likes it very much..

those giving birth first time and giving birth in Mt. A, don't need to buy bathtub coz the hospital will give you one when discharge..

^5 E'leen & Shymz. forgotten to bot the pail too for my #1. on top of pail, we last mins went n grab two big pots to boil the herbal bath thingy & the vinegar pork trotter too. and two packs of nappy cloths as my #1 developed nasty nappy rashes last mins. lots of furnie stuff that need to buy last min!

See all of u buying big ticket items like prams already. Here I am ending up buying a 'big' item too. Haha! A 4 Tier-storage box. My store room is a huge mess now so have to start sorting thru the hand me down clothes.

Hmmm. So far I have only bought rompers. Necessary to buy pants for pajamas? Or will a blanket do?

Went OG earlier n spent $ again. Opps. Hehe

Syrah: I have yet to buy the big items. But have more or less decided on the model. I have cleared out 1 box Of my storage box for the BB items too. Hee. But think I need to clear 1 more box soon at the rate I m buying things. Heee

Hi mummies,

Have a bottle of unopened Prenatal DHA fish oil to let go at $40, Self collect @ Sengkang. PM me if keen. Thanks!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5136408.jpg]

Morning mummies.

I am going to robinson this evening. anyone else going?

Mel, the one we previously talk abt. If u receive 25% voucher fr them [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Piano, will be going to you long zi for date & name. Should be making a appt on 3/3. Going after my 24wk scan on that day.

Seems like everybody is getting stuffs for the new bb. Me have to settle my elder son first.

Going to buy a new bed / study table for him. He is now sleeping in our room. Got to relocate him to his room. Must do all the ground work to mentally prepared him for the arrival of did...

morning. juz realised i can buy those two stack bed for my two princesses next time! cool~ [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Keng Keng & Piano,

For chinese names I thought it's only given when the baby is born cos will need the 'shen chen ba zhi' in order to calculate?

Welcome Kelly & Regina!

We have a June FB thread too. Search for MTB JUNE 2011 in Facebook to request to join [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi,

Wld like to Join this thread

Nick:Getzi

2nd BB

Baby Gender:Boy

Hospital : Parkway East

Gynae : Dr Chandra

EDD : 29 June

tan Keng Keng, I was more kiasu I bought a bed for my #1 & shifted her to sleep in her own room after her 2nd birthday & once she settle down then I start planning. coz i scare wait she sense my preg b4 i know & she feel is becoz of #2 dat she ve to shift out [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Rata, i can pop by the cityhall on way home but my mil coming to my house. anyways i don't have the 25% leh. i wanted to get this Lassig bag which was not at centrepoint.

Back