(2011/06) June 2011

qiuen

I have this contact for prenatal massage, i think she is good but she charge at $50/session and she come to yr hse to do it, nt sure if $50 is ex for u. She also do post-natal massage too. I have engaged her for both b4, if you r interested, I can give u her no. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Clare saw this article abt fish oil..

It is thought that the third trimester is the most important time for taking fish oil in pregnancy, as this is when the brain is developing the most. It has been found that preterm infants have low levels of DHA because they have not gone full term so had all the benefits of the last 3 months of brain development and build up of brain DHA. So this suggests also that Omega 3 supplementation during pregnancy should not be just confined to the third trimester but should be undertaken right through pregnancy.

http://healthyomega3.com/fish-oil-and-pregnancy/

juniorrain, can we do prenatal massage now? I heard gotta wait until 16wks at least. Im dying for a good back rub.

chili padi, no shoulder massages? i have been asking hubby for shoulder rubs, but short sessions (2-3mins).

princess... yup dun think u can do xray, that's why we can't go dental also in case need to do xray. try not to cross legs and sit. I have that habit and realise I ache more at lower back when i cross legs (comfy mah) to sit. bo bian preggy's can sit more chor-lor =) hope you are getting better!

qiuen, E'leen

ya lo told my hubby pain he msg my neck/shoulders and calves. he didn't dare massage my lower back coz scared too near bb.. hmm mummy said ple believe 'flame' on shoulders representing life. so can't touch ple's shoulders else 'flame' will extinguish.. hmmmm interesting. i dun believe it but fyi in case our other preggy friends mind it.

argh i need a massage. like NOW. and do yoga. perhaps swim. hmmm read yesterday that we ache coz we lack of exercise too when our muscles are not stretched? I miss a good sweat out exercising.. as long as gynae gives us the go-ahead. think enough is enough being a potato couch =)

chilli padi, it is good for preggy ladies to have dental check up cos tooth/gum problems will lead to premature births. No xray thou...

i was tempted to continue with my belly dancing during my first preggy but hubby was worried so stopped. my trainer was sharing that belly dancing will reduce some of the labour pains if praticed correctly.

hello mommies,

I am from Jul'11 thread and will be doing the NT Scan and blood test tml. Can anyone adv what to expect during the test? What should I look out for?

Thanks.

JuniorRain: Yes please. PM me the massuer's number. thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xinyue: my gyane did a scan looking for the thickness behind the neck. Nose bridge, and some other items which i cant recall now. 4 tubes of blood was drawn.

qiuen

her name is Yati, her number is 92964062. I oso juz called her to make appointment for massage. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

E'leen

ya 16wks and above then can to prenatal massage.

i think i now 16wks oredi. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi mummies, my cvs result is finally out, BB all normal. Yippy !!! Here wishing everybody, a very Merry Christmas & Wonderful 2011!!!

qiuen,

thanks. may i know what is the 4 tubes for blood for? is it to test for other abnormalitites? btw, my EDD is early Jul. But i was told by my aunt that I might give birth in end Jun..

xinyue: that was a very long list, i couldnt really remb. But items like HIV, Iron, Hep B. errr..my pea brain not working well ....

juniorRain: got it. thanks

clare > notice that you are now in taiwan, may i know which part? I will be going taipei for holiday in Apr if all is well..

xinyue, my NT scan also incl a scan on my ovary to check whether i have any fibroid etc.. mine is two tubes of blood. checking HIV, HEP B, Rubella and those misc contain in your blood too.. to spot any lack of red blood cell etc..

i also took 4 tube of blood for test eh..but mostly results are for DS test..doc said everything look ok..so i dont knw he refering to DS or others test..sian..he always chop chop one..cant even ask him qns..

E'leen,

so how? I can book dental appointment but tell dentist i'm preggy? ya i tot have to totally avoid for all kinds of reasons i've heard..

Hi, I have a brand new Lindom Baby monitor to let go. Bought last mth cos I tot I can't fit the baby cot into my masterbedroom. Never use the baby monitor at all cos I sleep in my Bb's room since he born till last week. I managed to squeeze the cot into my masterbedroom last week.

Attached is the details of the Bb monitor:

http://www.lindam.com/product/monitors/sleeping-baby/baby-talk.html

Warranty card still in the box. Selling at $80. Original price is $89 (price tag still on the box)

PM me if interested.

Chilli_padi,

i just visited last week , since i had some pain near wisdom tooth. u need to tell them u r preggy. He just cleaned the teeth and did temporary filling in wisdom tooth. He said he woun't do anything else till delivery.

so dentist will know.. so not to worry.

he said generally during preggy gums becomes weaker.. and will start to bleed ..

ellen, can you send me the list too. i have activated my P.M. is that enough ?? or should i send P.M to you.. iam confused leh..

junior rain , really prenatal massage after 16 weeks is safe.. wow.. 2 weeks to go for me..

clare , ya kkh 24hrs clinic sucks ya.. so didn't go.. now after bed rest i feel better. should start yoga soon .. no exercises.. what chilli-padi said is correct might be due to lack of exercise also...

xinyue,yeapz.I m staying in taiwan..staying in taipei,actually in Taoyuan nearer to the airport area.

Which part of taiwan are u heading?apr's weather will be good,still not that hot.

Fancy,just get the green light from ur gyne before u start yoga maybe,just to be safe. ^-^

hope ur pain will subside after rest.

E'leen,

Can I have the list too? I pm u already.

Just now I suddenly saw a small spot of red when i wiped after pee. Hopefully it's nothing serious n will stop soon. I have since stopped duphaston and quickly popped 2 pills in just now. Endless worry...

syrah, u sure the blood from vaginal or do u feel any pain recently aft poo maybe piles?anyway hope it will go away.

i starting to feel extra tired since 14 wks... look forward to next check up [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

e'leen

can I have the list too?

syrah - monitor ur spotting & call ur gynae for advise tomorrow. I can stop my duphaston once I finish my current supply, insert have to continue till 15 weeks, baby asiprin have to pop till I deliver in June

Thanks dearies. I'll keep monitoring. Now everytime go toilet will feel stress again.

Winnie,

Dr Loh is away on hols. If anything crops up it's always KK 24hrs as first stop of call I guess. I'm reaching 15th week so definitely didn't expect this to happen.

Diana,

I'm getting a tight pressure in my abdomen today too. Not sharp pain though. I find it a little tough to straighten totally as if internals all cramped together. U had better monitor too. If worsen better contact your Gynae too. Bedrest as much as possible k.

Anyone keen in ameda pump today got Robinson sale card member can buy the pump at $299 wif 2 box of freezer bag.

Hi everyone! Back from Japan, freezing cold and I had a bit of backache and sore legs, walked a lot. But I had rests and stops every half n hour of walking and was on progesterone everyday.

So far, no MS while I was there...just that darn backache, think its inherited cos my mum has that too..

Syrah, I'm sure it's fine...Hope it goes away soon. Today i went to do big business and saw a little blood when I wiped, but it turns out blood came from behind. I felt a little pain when faeces came out, think I was a little constipated..no more blood after that, but I am still anxious and a little worried, next gynae check is monday. Hopefully bb is doing ok and enjoyed himself/herself...

MdmKhoo, I had acute appendicitis when I was 14 yrs old. It's a sharp, very very sharp pain on the lower right end of your abdomen..and it won't go away or have breaks in between pain...so i'm guessing you might not have that..but do check to be sure that everything is fine...

Chilli_padi, I so totally know how you feel. I badly need a massage of some sorts, but I know must wait...Esp after all that walking!!!! But i realised after a good bed rest, propping up legs and with lots of soft and supportive pillows on the back and neck, I'm quite ok after a few hours.

Was reading some of the many posts I missed...

Syrah, I am def going for the mumsfairy workshop, but will be attending the mar/april one...

Now craving for tom yam seafood noodle soup. =(

Hi good morning everyone!!! Christmas is coming our way!!!! I went for our 16 week scan yesterday and its a girl!!!! I was surprised when doc was able to tell when he meadured and looked at the size of baby's head!! Later on, he looked in between the legs n confirmed!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i m over the moon!

Oh and even though i am not putting much weight, baby is growing at good size! Don't worry if u r not putting on mich weight! Doc says estimate to put on 1 kg a month in 2nd trim, 2 kg a month in 3rd trim!

Diana,

How r u? U went KK in the end?

Hanis,

Thx for the well wishes. The spotting cleared. I've a long day out today so hope it won't return.

Ladies,

How's your night peeing? Mine's been really bad recently. I can wake up at least 5 times in a night to pee!

Morning mummies!

Hi hanis, yeah man. fortunately was blessed with a good night rest yesterday. was a sleep-thru (how rare!!) and my aches are gone. though my tailbone hurted like mad yesterday when i lifted my legs to.... wear my shorts. was really yelping in pain i didn't recognise my own voice hahaa..

yup you better get more rest from sitting down coz walking for too long cause back ache!

chin ling! so happy for you!! my scan is tom and it's 15 weeks. wonder if we will get to know anything tom =) you were hoping for a gal? so glad for you..=)

syrah,

i try to pee before i sleep coz i drink water at night. at most wake up twice in the night.. how many weeks are you in now?

Morning mummies!

mdmkhoo,how are feeling?better tell ur gyne if the pain is still that severe..

Syrah,glad to hear that spotting is gone!

Welcome back,Hanis!

Chilli Padi,enjoy ur visit to ur gyne today!

Chin Ling,Congrates!great to know ur bb's gender..can go shopping for bb's clothes!

hanis,

welcome back. which part of japan did u go and how cold was cold?

chinling,

congrats! u got to know bb gender so soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

morning mummies! xmas is ard the corner.. yeah~

chilli padi, glad to noe u had a gd rest last nite, and have fun at the checkup later.

chin ling, u got a gal? congrats! i cant wait to noe mine, but me still got a long way to go. .

syrah, maybe you should reduce your water intake 2 hrs b4 u sleep. + no take any cafeine stuff b4 bed as they hv some chemicals that will cause pee-peeing.

hope everyone have a good start today!

Back