(2011/06) June 2011

hi jj

take care and rest well..now im having headache too..cuz last nite visited toilet so many times

to urine..haiz..then 430am i cant fall asleep until morning..nw like zombie [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

ting

as long as bb is growing, dun worry abt size of tummy..my side also ma..gt one coll, 1 week earlier than me onli..wah her tummy very big lor..big from the waist there liao leh..then mine still small small below..haha..alot ppl thot she 2 mths earlier than me..then also always compare tummy..bt gynae told me some mummies tummy small de..u noe mine quite small until when i go second check up, doc thot cant see much and told me if tummy cant see much then have to scan thru vagina..bt when he scan my tummy, he say can see mani things le..so dun need vagina scanning..so dun worry..those bigger de, sometimes is due to water retention..

Thanks all! i really need a good nap later when i reach home. anno1jan, i guess cos last few nites my #2 keep waking up a few times in a nite as she is having stuff nose and feeling uncomfortable, keep on looking for me to cling, so i don't have enuff sleep, really like a zombie now.

joyce, this time round my tummy don't show up fast compare to my last preg, i still able to fit in my jeans and pants. Maybe cos i lost a lot of wt due to ms.

clare, ya my MIL told me when she had my hubby, she can eat 2 plates of chicken rice... she said she got one friend MS for 9 months, go hospital on drip then bedrest n still manage to have 3 kids ! i cannot imagine lor !

but yesterday she was v understanding, still make hot milo for me when i eat the peanut butter bread...

JJ..oh no...signs of cold soon?better rest for afew days..drink plenty of water..

Ann,good ah..at least ur mil asks ard about the situation.My mil also,she told her lotsa of stories about her colleagues etc etc..so she is understanding lor..trying to..

I m changing another gyne again..haiz..my husband likes to discuss which gyne is good around the area lor during his work time..so I guess I m changing to another one..My husband damn eng lor..haiz.I m getting so many preggy mummies booklets from so many clinics,so pai seh.I would think this is the last time coz' I want to do my blood test etc with a permanent gyne liao.

Hi, I'm new to join this thread =)

Here's my info:

qiuen - can include my details?

Nick: princess_christine

Name: Christine

EDD: 3rd Jun 2011

Gynae: Dr Lawrence Ang

Hospital: TBC

bb: #1

Wish: A healthy baby

I just went to see my gynae last Friday for a scan and I must say it's exciting and a shock to see the once yolk and sac has now developed to looked like a tiny baby like feature with head, eyes, nose, mouth, hand etc. The foetus is now 5.23 cm. However, I still dont feel my baby and it feels insecure at times not knowing whether if the baby is safe and sound at all times. The doc actually didnt push for me to do the down syndrome test as he says that from the utltrasound scan, he can actually spot the nose which indicates a low chance of down syndrome. I am not sure about it but since i chose him as my gynae, i think i should trust his opinion.

I also experience ms and I must say it feels terrible with poor appetite all the time and feeling nauseous even before sleep time and the lack of freedom to do many activities really bores me to nuts.

May I know what is a mini confinement and when must we do the mini confinement? I am kinda of lost while reading through the thread.

hi serene, stay positive. my sis had the similar situation where the gynae cant detect foetus after the bleeding and advice my sis for DC. but after a day / two, he able to detect the foetus again. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi clare, if possible, dont change the gynae too freq as only w a freq gynae checkup then they can advice you for all the changes / progressment

for mummies that having #1,#2 or more, do you feel that your elder kid is clingy to you more nowadays? my gal nowadays always like to roll to my side n make sure i hug/pat her till sleep.

Hi Christine, welcome !

The mini confinement is to strengthen the body after a miscarriage. The chances of miscarriage in the first tri is the highest and if happened, then the mummies need to do mini confinement.

chil, what ? got such thing !!! ?

yes, i do feel it, since pregnant, my boy only wants me if he wakes up at night, dun wan daddy to carry... no wonder my friend say next time, no. 2 wake up, no. 1 will wake up and vice versa !

Welcome Christine! Dr Ang is a popular choice, esp for those staying in the North. Many colleagues of mine were with him. Did yr gynae elaborate on the bridge of the nose as an indication of no DS? I have received my report but did not manage to ask my gynae to explain the measurements of the nose bridge & the NT.

Next appt will only be in early Jan, for the Fetal Assessment. Looking forward to my delayed honeymoon next week. A month of bliss! Hopefully in my 2nd trimester, will feel much better than now. MS no signs of getting better though [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Thank goodness it's the sch hols now.

wah ann dont scare me.. cos most probably my #2 will be sleeping with 3 of us next time.. then like tat how am i gonna handle two at a time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

i hope this time my triple test will pass. cos last time i failed on the test for my #1, end up need to do amnio test.. damn painful and scary long long needle and huge tube!

hi christine

dun worry, gynae ang reali popular de..

i will choose him if i still stay at yishun..

cuz i gt fren using him then fren preg consider high risk miscarriage..very gd feebback on him from my fren

hi all, i back to my home sweet home, haha! now on PPTV watching my fav Hawaii Five-O, going to nap after that.

Ting and moon, i'm going to parenthood fair this sat! i shld be there early cos there is sitex show at expo too. Will be shop shop ard these 2 shows, thinking of letting my #2 taking part in the fastest crawling contest, keke!

ann and chil, when i preg with #2, my #1 was very clinging to me, but now preg with #3, he seem ok with it as i always told him there is a bb in mummy's tummy and #2 is very clinging to me before i preg and now even more clinging. She will look for me than daddy leh....

Altariel - going straight for CVS as i will be 39 by my EDD

raynsky - nope, did nothing during my 1st pregnancy as i was 33 than. are you over 35 too? i will be doing the test on 8/12 , not going for the fast test, will wait for the full report in 2 wks time.

christine> welcome. i am also going to see Dr Ang. i have made an appt with him on 18 Dec after he come back from his holiday. it will be my first appt with him.

moon> i will also be going to the parenthood fair this weekend, but mayb Friday after work. wan to avoid sat or sun as the crowd & traffic there will be very very bad as it is also the IT fair.

jj> ur kids so sweet...

Chil > Can I know what is considered "fail" for the triple testing? Is triple testing the same as Oscar?

I'm considering amnio, but am soooooo scared of the pain. Must it be through the vagina or can it be through the tummy?

quien, i wont buy any bb items till pass through 1st trim first, anyway for me, i think nothing much for me to buy ahhaha! probably the milk bottles and diapers only, and some new clothings for gaigai since bb can wear the clothings from the older siblings.

Hi, been reading this thread on & off. expecting #2 had 2 history of miscg, 1 healthy 18th mth boy.

My heart goes out to those who nurse the pain of losing their the little ones.Please remember & trust that God has plans for us. cos these bb hap to be unhealthy so he has to brg them back. Next one will be fine. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

anybody under adrian woodworth can advise me if he still deliver at Mt A? i'm looking for a doc deliver in MT A.. can recommend me?

Sorry i dont know how to insert the table. can someone please add for me.

Nick - Createjoy

Name - Rosalind

Edd - 12 June

Dr - Dr Suresh Nair

Hosp - MT E

BB# - #2

boy/girl - Wish for a girl but healthy most impt

hi,

here are my details:

Nick: krex78

Name: Karen

EDD: 7 Jun 2011

Gynae: Dr Phua Soo Mear

Hospital: Mt A

bb: #2

Wish: Girl

mommies,

i'm supposed to be at week 12 today and start my 2nd trimester tmrw but i'm still having nausea. xian. dunno when this will end.

Thanks,chil.that's what I thought so..This gyne I m going to switch seems to be be so call the top 3 in the country that's y my kancheong hub says I should go back to him.I was with him early this year but I hate waiting 2hours to see him.but the truth is he really does seems to be pro n knows his stuff well.

Welcome new mummies!

Going for all my whatever tests tomorrow...coz all the test names are in Chinese.don't know what lah.hopefully bb will be fine when I see her tomorrow.(btw,all bb are considered as her unless u know their sex,this is a general term)

It's going to be a long night tonight.Nights before going to the gyne is a real torture...

Hi everyone,

Thanks mummies for your tips on making the red date drink..I told my mum and she said she will buy the ingredients tmw and cook for me..

Krex78, I feel the same way. Next week will be week 12 but still have on off MS, esp if we eat the wrong stuff that will trigger it..Prob is, still not sure what triggers my ms..

just have to be patient and ride it out...

Hi mtb, been a silent reader for the past three months. Now in my second trimester. A huge success for me since i had a m/c in my 11th week about the same time last year. Feeling like a repetition of events this year except that i'm going a lil forward with this one.

Unlike the first, i have almost no ms. I keep having bad thoughts and worries that there may be issues but was

assured by all of u guys when u have the same symptoms. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Gained a little confidence that everything will be fine this time round after the first tri is over so i finally decided to join u guys. Can someone help add me to the very long table?

Nick:uziela

Name: Zi

EDD: 1 June

Gynae: Dr Adrian Woodworth

Hospital: TMC

#1 (2nd attempt)

Hi MTb need ur adv. I feel that my nausea feeling had stopped since yday.Or maybe improving. Is it normal to stop so early? Abit worried [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] me ard week 10. And also yday had diarrhoea 2 times. Bt no bleeding g or spotting. Is it ok? Cuz first time MTb, abit gan jiong [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

joyce, mmmm should be ok bah... y not u call your gynae and ask ? when is your next gynae appt ?

parenthood fair, I have given away no. 1 stuff so need to buy but really no mood yet leh... sigh... i feel my nausea is getting worse and not getting any better ! maybe wait for gender to be known first lor... but for first time mummies, u should go look see look see...

Hello new mummies ! welcome to join us !

morning all!!

urghhhh, just as i tot ms had left me, who know it came back ytd evening with a fierce one! whole nite was hugging the toilet bowl, sob sob!

welcome new mummies!! and morning everyone..

oops.. take care JJbaby~

hi moon, fail mean the blood test show the numbers are fall under higher chance that the bb is a DS kid. amnio must through tummy... ya pain. but better than worrying till you deliver, so worth it overall. all mummies are great, they can undergo all these severe pain for their kids! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi clare, for me you must be feeling comfortable with your gynae and entrust them. the ranking.. is only for reference. if your case not so super high risk, maybe can get one that you feel you can reassure your worries / questions with.

i got a feeling tis one will be as cheeky as my #1 as ytd night scan the foetus is lying horizontally instead of the usual vertically, where i can only c its big forehead & a glimse of the legs n hands at the far end.. naughty naugthy!

good morning to all mummies...

take care JJ. i m not sure if you have tried this method. whenever i feel like puking, i will go find my sour plum to eat. it helped me & after awhile i feel better. my hubby is worrying that i will stain his car more than i puke. sigh! now he keep a no of plastic bags in the car. haha...

qiuen> haha... anywhere but the room. my hubby like to stuff things under the bed. so whenever i swwep the floor, i will nag at him. he will jus delay clearing them. until i hit the roof then he will clear.

any mummies here doing any cord blood banking for their little one? i have been thinking abt it. not sure if it is advisable? my colleague is recommending to me as well.

excited mum to be, sour plum doesnt work on all my pregs, hehee! my hb same here, he worry i puke all over his car hahaa! i need my lime ice cream! it's my comfy food and keeping the puking down.

hi, please add me in! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Nick: tayuki03

Name: Mabel

EDD: 22 Jun 2011

Gynae: Dr Benjamin Tham

Hospital: TMC

bb: #1

Wish: more for a girl, but boy also ok.

lime ice cream... sound sour ah

lolx...

did any mummies listen to Yes933

yesterday i heard the DJ recommend lychee martini ice cream from Daily Scoop

Sound Yummy

WONDER WHEN CAN I TAKE COLD STUFF,.,

Hi Ann my next appt dec 10, blood test. I still have other syntoms like urine frequently. Bt nausea feeling like improving. Can eat normally Liao. Last week just visited gynae. He said my preg 98% successful. Nw nausea stop. Make me quite worried [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Elio, JJ, im saving my ice-cream for 3rd trimester ! but i dun abstain from cold stuff leh, still need my morning coffee too !

anno1jan &JJ : hahahha ..... i cant eat leh .. hv to wait for abt a month like tat bah

becoz i juz completed my mini confinement ...

sigh ... my mummy said no cold stuf at the moment

I Mis my TEH !!!!!!!!!!!!

joyce, lucky you! ms stop! dont worry lah, slight diahorrea is fine. i ever constipate very jialut drink prune then pain till i cold sweat in toilet almost faint that kind. but in the end bb is fine. BUT i did rush to see doc... cos that was my 3rd bb after 2 miscg i very gancheong.

excitedmumtobe, i did public blood cord banking for my son. i think you shd. no harm, no loss. mayb can save some one's life. *touch wood* if really need it back n if it's still available it's also available to you.

i having craving for pearl milk tea but trying not to tk much cold drks..

JJ, tat is great. at least something works for you. i will give it a try on Lime ice cream one of these days. we are ok to eat sobert ice cream rite? i understand from somewhere that it is not advisable for us to eat home made ice cream cos some ingredients they use is not safe for pregnant mummies.

joyce> may i ask by which week can the doctor say tat preg is successful? i so far dun have MS although sometime i feel like puking. i have very bad breast tenderness & urine freq.

createjoy> thanks. i have been thinking & trying talk with my hubby abt it. in the first place, i m worry that my baby will have a rare blood group of AB+ cos my hubby is B+ & me is A+. of cos it will be good if my baby dun use it at all. in later stage, we can donate for others who need it more. btw, which organisation did u use? I believe there is more than 1 right. my colleague is recommending me CordLife. do u mind if you share with me how much you are paying. u can email to me at [email protected]

mummies, me too I dun abstain fr cold stuff too especially drinks. weather so hot, i ate ice-cream too.

exitedmum, AB+ is a good blood grp i like lei. Is not dat common but i call it as a selfish blood grp. Coz when in need of blood they can take A+, B+, O+, AB+ so is like all blood suit them lei.

I store my #1 blood cord wif Stem cord.

ratatouille> thanks for the info. i didnt know tat AB+ can obtain from A+ & B+ too. is jus something i worry for nothing from the start, i guess. i rather play safe in case of any condition.

excited mum, i agree with rata, my hubby and no. 1 is O+, the selfless blodd group - can give to pple, pple cannot give to them... sigh... even I also cannot donate to them... so AB+ is the 'best'...

Back