(2011/05) May 2011

Jenny: I was angry lor..but like u the other time.today is my hb's chi bday.so decided to forgive him n even cook mee sia for him.hahah..And u mean u don't go out during weekends?i cannot lor.i alrdy stay home mon - fri Liao,I die also have to leave house lor if not I will go crazy!!lol..

Yao LAN: I think it's ok even if he flip in the sarong ba?cuz got holes n ventilation,should be alright.but u must fool proof the area,and fasten the sarong sides together to prevent him from falling out?

Eve: LOL, good chance to shoot ur hb back! Ur car quite big leh, think the exp also quite big. So last time u all nv buy a car?

dap: I nv stop my hb from going. In fact I told him to go every week so that his mum wun come over coz I dun want to see her!

jmummy: LOL. U're so sweet! Yes I dun go out on weekends. Coz I wanna rest! I'm so tired of looking after bb on weekdays liao, just felt like rotting at home. Recently I'm back to baking, so can bake every sat. But we still go out once in a while lah but I think its too troublesome bringing bb out n my hb like bochup abt bb when we're outside.

But when my bb flip and face down he totally dun move, scare no air. Yes yes, the yao lan got lock at the head there so its very safe. Now that u mentioned, good thing I got it with the lock!

Hi all mommies,

i am new to thie thread. hapen to come across your discussions. seems like most of us have problems with mil or hb.

for me, i have to handle my work, bb, maid, mil & hb. my mil always complaining about my maid. when i told my hb wat happened at home, he will say very 'fan' to hear this everyday. i told him off i face it everyday when i get off work. who is in worse stage!

anyway my mil always scold my maid one.. my maid also got a little attitude one. actually how she behave towards my mil i really cant see. also dunno to believe who.

my boy (19mths now)is also not sleeping thru the night always. he will wake up n sob or to look for his pacifier. then wakes up 7am every morning even for weekends. i am damn tired.

Eve: Yah lor, super dangerous. Just now he refused to nap and kept flipping over. I beat him and he cried before he's willing to slp! My bb has a playpen but once we put him in, he will flip and crawl away, even worse. Dunno how to train. Initially intend to change to playpen or mattress only when he's bigger and can understand. =(

Joanne: Yes lotsa prob esp after we have our own kid. Before that can just open and close one eye. Actually I think I'll believe maid than mil coz mils are evil!

Jen: LOL at yr "mils are evil".. How true!

Dun beat joben lah.. He's jus very excited over wat he can do now. And he gets to exercise. Tis helps him to strengthen himself for later activities. Dun u find his flipping cute? =D

Eve: I think only 1% of mils are nice, maybe the 1% are us when we become mils. LOL. I'm predicting 30 yrs down the road we will be complaining abt dils. Haha.

Hmm, no leh. I dun find him flipping cute. Last time when he cun crawl he will flip and flip like a ball and knock his head on the floor and then cry. Now he will crawl to pull wires, poke fans and anyhow pull things.

Jenny; lol..not sweet la..because my mum say have to eat mee sua mah.n I love to cook whenever mil not around.so try a new recipe for him,heheh..

Joanne: I think mil and dil stories are neverending lor..just have to tolerate.next time we will become mils too.

Anyway,story time again.long before u were born,inthe southern province of china...., lol..do we belong to the same tan ah teck generation? Hahah.. Actually is my mil had a friend who disowned her mil.her mil was a very traditional lady I guess.so when the 1st born was a girl,this mil sort of ill treated the granddaughter to an extent where the granddaughter then 4/5yk got frightened and traumatized badly.she has got to be on long term medications,many pills at a time,and no way can she give birth.even until now he is still on medication.poor girl I would say.cuz whenever this dil ask her daughter r u ok with all the medicines,the daughter will reply "it's ok mummy.I'm alrdy used to it@ the dul's heart broke into many pieces.. Ppl who don't know will talk behind their backs saying what a lousy dil she is,this and that,but no one will know what her n her daughter have gone thru.anyway,even though she has disowned the mil,she didn't stop her hb from visiting his mum.so now,this mil has got no grandchildren,no dil but a son who will see her thru et last breath..And yeap..this mil has gone too far.a little girl doesn't deserve to go thru hell!

Sleep:my bb woke up every 10 mins from 10-11pm,till I can't take it anymore.she wakes up to suckle and when I refused,she cries.for her last cry,because I couldn't take it anymore,I let her cry till she fall asleep herself.wouldn't say it's a gd way.but I guess tht is the only way she learns.do, Jenny,I think bb joben wil stop when he feels tired ba.he is just exploring his new found skill.n I think all kids ate like that.once the novelty wears off,he wouldn't flip in his bed anymore. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jmummy: strange things do happen around us hor? why the hell does the grandma abuse her granddaughter? aiyoh.. these ppl really deserves hell leh!! tsk tsk tsk... babies are such angels... hell riders sometimes, but still.. to the extent of traumatised is beyond any human!

every 10mins? wow.. tat's extreme.. hungry? cold? wind? mayb she's in the process of learning to sleep on her own? i realised tat cos when bb used to latch on until he sleep previously, this leads him to sucking habit during bedtime. is very habitual. u wan to try pacifier? we tahan his cries for a week before he ok with drinking enuf fm before bedtime.

jen: we hv car all along cos my hb need to drink homemade milk mah but change bigger one cos of mil loh. long story short.. we planned a trip to desaru with his family (6 of us in 2 cars). as i preggy, i told my hb tat his parents got to sit in his bro's car so i can push my seat all the way back else leg cramp. den my mil BIG TIME DRAMA, throw very big tantrum, throw pots, cry, scream, refuse to eat, curse me and say wan to die loh. this saga went for an hour leh!! damn TL! we still bring them along, jus sit in another son's car wah, rite? very angry!! den 2 weeks later, my hb changed to tis car liao. fast, rite?

Hi good morning.

Jenny : y not u put a bumper mat or a small mattress at the bottom and around the sarong then u dont have to keep a watch every single second. that's wat my cousins did. my boy dont sleep in sarong so cant help much. i trained him to sleep in baby cot since birth.

To all : ya mil stories nv end. employ maid to help her say we (me & hubby) give her more problem. if dun employ we worry abt her looking after baby as she is already 62 yrs old.

Now i am going to send my boy to child care center and send my maid back. i pity her keep getting scolding from my mil and i cant help much coz i will get into arguement with her if i step in.

jmummy: U tried jin feng shan anot? I tried it and my boy does't wake up at nite to cry anymore.

Wow ur story is so scary! If I am the mother I'll make sure my mil goes through hell too!

Eve: LOL at ur homemade milk. I was really laughing out loud! I think if they go themselves and dun disturb us is ok. I mean its their mum so they can go and visit them but dun pull us down esp when we hate our mils! I dunno if u just dislike or hate but I no I hate her alot!

Do u mind me asking how ur mil curse u? That's very bad and not a big issue at all.

Joanne: Cannot leh, my bb once he flipped over he doesnt want to slp. He will play. Now I let him flip over and he's crying away liao. Going to beat him again. Haiz.

Eve,Jenny: I forgot how the grandma abuse.but it has got to be very bad.because now,20 years down the road,the girl is still on medication and as got to take it till she dies,else her illness will come back.haiz..

Sleeping: eve,ya she wokes up every 10mins I dunno y.im still holding back the idea of a pacifier because she is alrdy 10mths old.alrdy of weaning off age.but a part of me really feels she needs 1..contradicting.haiz..

Jenny: I didn't give.because that is a chi medication n she is still on western.so don't dare to mix.just hope she will get better soon.she is having her nap now,but her breathing is very hard.mucus is blocking her nose..so poor thing.

Eve: what was the previous car ur hb driving?and now change to what car?your hb is so sweet to his mum!is he the only son?his mum must have felt sweet victory when ur hb ot a new car.lol...n I agree.like too big of a drama when she can't sit your hb's car.

Jmummy: yah, pacificier now is a bit late. Den must tahan liao. I also give Jin Feng San when hb extremely uneased. Really works. U try pressed his nose when he cries so squeeze out the mucus? Tats how I clear bb's nose. Hee...

My hb used to drive IS250, now change to RX300. He very 舍不得 his 宝贝 leh... But cos of mil lah. My mil happy to the bream cos she associate big car = better status = more face to hao lian. When my hb bOught the IS250, she blame me how cm nvr stop him fr buying small car n make her lose face! (cos she nvr heard of Lexus)

Jen: I agree he can go bk on his own but not too often lah. He must play my husband part also mah. Hee...

My mil cursed me say my son will dump me when I'm old.. without her, Where i get a husband. I can marry her son is my gd life.. Watch for my retribution.. Preggy very great ah? Now wan to take supremacy in the family ah?... Etc etc

Wait I send u a copy of FB comPlain I wrote to my SIL. Looong passage! Hee...

jmummy: ur bb dun need to take western medicine at nite rite? Maybe when she wakes up and cry at nite u can try some jin feng shan? No need too much, just dap a bit on ur finger n put on her tongue. Before my bb reach 3 mths, he also fall sick every single day, keep on having flu and blocked nose. Then now I buy this osim humidifier not bad. Maybe u can try too?

Eve: Okok, wait for ur msg. LOL, yah lah, must play husband part coz ur mil live so far from u. Maybe u let him go back once a mth lah.

OMG, ur hb nv abandon her wat. U have reason coz u scare leg cramp, did u tell her that? But I think tell also no use coz all mils are evil. LOL. And then she make up stories rite? Disgusting! Like mine!!! Ur mil say all this in front of u? Or behind u? If my mil say in front of me I sure scold her back liao.

Eve: you mil so ba dao and evil lo. Last time my mil say I m slut and bring back luck to my hub so my bb both easily suck. Until one I bth call my parent . My dad say if she dare curse me again he will bring me and bb home forever dun return . See yr son still got mood to work and give u allowance or not.

Eve: is sick not suck. Mil also not good to my hub too. One time my hb angle got hurt can't go work for 1 week he say we troublesome . If no money pay bill or can't work tell us get out of the flat

Eve: my dad call my hb and tell my hb to tell my mil to shut her mouth if not if me call again to complain or hear me cry he will dash to the house with all my relative to scold my hub and mil to pcs. He not scare my mil call her relative as is she insult me .

My in law nv help much only play with son n bb.

qin: lucky u .. hv such gd backing! at least yr hb know you can't be bullied.

i wish to keep distance with in laws and their relatives... less conflicts, less gossips and less troubles. some of my hb's cousins request to add them as fren in FB... i was like 0.o! feel like my privacy invaded. i mean they are nice people, so far and they are close to my hb.. but i jus like to keep within my own circle of frens.

Eve : I have only 1 kid and he is a Aug baby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Qin & Eve : your mil is so evil. like the evil step mother in snow white story. mine so far still ok to me as she knew i am not someone she can offen n she also knew my hb side me more then her hahaha!!

Jenny: in that case you got to switch your bb to sleep in baby cot or mattress. see which one is more applicable. start it with afternoon nap first n then slowly wean sarong off.

Qin: Ur dad is so good to u! I wish I have such a good backing too!

Joanne: Yah lor, think must do it really really slowly. I hope to fully switch him over by end of the yr, but dun seem easy.

My mil is evil too, she use her mighty dirty finger and brush my bb's gums up and down, left and rite! And she still dun admit her fault and make up stories to make herself look like a victim!

Jenny...

i read some of your post abt your hubby..

Maybe he jus worry finding job is difficult.. plus i guess he is easily contented.. pls dun nag at him.. cause i guess guys hates nagging.. maybe u can try to provoke him using his frds or ppl ard him to compare..then he will move on.. owning car is all guys dream.. i guess he is pressurise by his peers... my hubby use to work and thk like your hubby.. but tat was when he is still my bf.. i did my part in nagging.. and end up we constantly fight.. he use to naively believe loyalty in a co.. how his boss treat him like frds.. or even a day he become shareholder.. but his pay was miserably low.. and constant ot as well wo getting ot pay..

till one day... i move on.. with better pay.. and of cos bonus.. he start turn green..

plus his frds oso move on... and own cars.. he start to feel the enlightenment.. wo me nagging.. i oso bo chup him la... then one day he told me he tender... hahaha... but then different things is he was head hunt by his co competitors.. or disty...

jus some advice... nagging can cause serious crack in relationship... and i do thk.. if possible wait till your boy older.. let him in child care centre.. u come out work.. things will get better.. for now.. u can only endure..

My bb was crying and screaming in the exersaucer just now. When I carried him, he gave me lotsa wet kisses at my mouth. I wiped dry then he kiss me again. Haha. So funny.

Hayashi: Thanks for sharing. Actually I stopped nagging him already. Haha. He's too stubborn + maybe he is rite, we cun take the risk since he's the only one working and our bb is so small. All I can wish is his boss will be fair enough to at least give him $2500 after salary increment this yr, but we dun even no if there's any increment this yr. =(

Jenny understand how u feel.. Tat time me oso but then guys ego is big.. One day they will see it.. ESP if they have Frds do even better.. For now cheers..

Btw your Bb very cute.. My gal also like me to kiss her.. I kiss her till she eventually fall asleep lol

HAyashi: My hb nv go out with his friend liao, now is only home and work, work and home.

LOL. So cute. Can kiss till she slps! I wish I only have to kiss my bb and he can slp.

Hello mommies! Jenny just reminded me that I have disappeared from the forum so now I'm back to bao dao (or is it dao bao? Lol! Still learning.) [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Will go back and catch up on posts now. Too busy with FB these days, especially with the Carters spree! Hope all mommies and babies are doing great!

Mummies, u all wun believe what my hb just said! A few days ago I was already wanting to blend rice into fine grains to make porridge for bb coz the current supply is running low. Then I kept forgetting till tonight at 11pm. Then I quickly go and blend then he told me to blend tmr. I tot he was concern abt the noise so I say dun care coz I hate the neighbours above n below. Then halfway blending I saw a lot of rice moths and even worms so I asked my hb to throw away coz I dun dare to see.

After that he insisted I do the blending tmr and say the reason is coz he dun wan to wash!!! Then I say everytime I blend rice I wash it myself and he insisted that he was the one to wash. I'm so shocked that this is bb's food and he can tell me dun do it just coz he dun wan to wash! What a lazy bum!

Jen: a sleepless nite. You hb really lazy lor. Help abit like will hurt him like that .

No chance to go select unit for bto in hougang as just check quota zero le. Haiz... Mil only want hougang other dun talk .

hayashi/jen, for my hb, he hates me comparing him w others. he always think that he is not earning much, not that kinda who can fly here & there type. so nowadays, i seldom tell him when my fren's hb bought a new bag as present fr where n where during his biz trip. very ego person, better dun talk abt this kinda thing, or else the battle will start, he will qn me if i mind his low salary etc etc...

sometimes i'll just tell him or myself that oklar, we are not doing too bad ma, 知足常乐.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

as for buying car.. ya, i agree that this is every man's dream. my hb always mention buying car too, until now i din bother much le. if wanna go view the car, i'll follow. if want me to survey on what car type is cheaper, i'll just do it... but normally, no conclusion one. so mentioned this many yrs le, but din buy at all, haha...

Viman: You very nottie girl.. purposely don't want to accept its a typo error..

LOL. back to bao dao here too.. Busy with FB sprees and something bugging me at work..feeling a bit low with a non-existent career and doubting myself.. who can throw me a rope now! i need to climb out a downward spiral aka quicksand trap...

Jen: does 撒娇 work on your hb? maybe he's do it if u ask very sweetly rather than a matter-of-factly 'nah, go wash this' ?

(Viman: means take the soft approach or manjia in Malay)

haha yalor, really always appear at the same time... ^5!

one public hol in Apr, and 2 in May. i'm thinking where can i go... any suggestion? u going anywhere?

morning mummies!

good news!!!! my bb got 2 bottom teeth le! my mum called me tis am to report gd news.. hee.. no wonder yesday i felt sharp when he bite me. hahahhaa...

and yesday he's really in very good mood. early early and easy. kissed me so gently many times... ahh.. if everyday is like tat, i'll be in heaven soon. =D

jen: yr hb really .. dunno wat to say le.. hahhaa... tink u must hv given up by now... better do it yrself, rite?

but hor.. since Joben already has many teeth, y still blend into fine grain leh? easier to cook into sticky porridge?

Lil fly: wat's wrong at work? wan to share?

O dear!!!i feel like a human pacifier!!if bb can't find my breast,she cries buckets!if I'm within her reach,she will happily play with them!!! -.-"""""

eve: ur descrption of mil sounds like mine too.but mine is city type.know all gd and big names!n she just bought a prada bag too.hahaha..Is250 alrdy expensive liao. Now with rx300 she must be beaming with pride when her son returns to Malaysia.heehee..

Anyway this msg was supposed to be submitted yesterday.but bb gave me a very bad evening and I forgot what I want to type alrdy so left the top part only..hee..

Mickey... u so good.. can still go vacation... huh on public holiday? as for buying car.. u need to really count and see if this is ok for your hubby to pay monthly installment... this current market.. is not wise to get a car.. cause too ex.. even 2nd car is oso affected.

your hubby opp character of mine... hahaha.. mine need to get provoke...

Lil fly.. maybe is time to change job? i recently oso did tat.. like u i so sick of job.. and putting in effort is not enuff.. appreciation was not even given by boss...

now happy... counting down...

Mickey: go genting!hee..need to escape from singapore's weather.but too tired to go for long haul.so genting is gd.hee..

Jenny: are our hb long lost brothers?hahaha...my hb will usually tell me that too!but now he seldom say le.he will only say later ask "star" take,later ask "star" wash. "star" is our helper.lol...

Congrats eve!no more toothless grin.my bb girl has only 2 teeth for very long n 6 pending teeth.but can't come out and is causing a lot of discomfort for her and me!

Lil fly: Catch the rope! Hee.. Join in more sprees,spend more money.u will be happy when the loots come.lol..

haha just a getaway hopefully. cant do much too, w 2 kids... but oklar, at least Apr/May will hv some public hols to look fwd to... Then June/July will be very dry... argh

hayashi, u changed line ar? or still doing the same field? i changed dept, but felt myself stepping into another trap, haha.. even busier than b4 & got a very irritating colleague, sigh...

haha jmummy, i m from kl. so going to genting is just like going-home trip w one day tour to genting. and usually wont stay overnight at genting too, its just 45 min away from home, will just go home and sleep rite... so genting, not too excited for me, but i must say the weather is quite shiok lar. so, most likely it will be just a going-home trip, abit boring rite... but what to do?

as for car.. ya at first was looking at 2nd hand car. but hb said, will monitor for another half a yr. haha he already monitor for very long time le... i wonder the car price will drop one ar? i really doubt so!

Little Fly,

Hehehe, LOL! I have been randomly laughing thinking about your typo! :p Thanks for the translation, so sweet of you to do it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Car:

Everyone told us we will need a car after having a bb, but so far we're ok. We have decided to focus on finishing up our house loan payment because that's gonna take ages, with me having stopped work. Car is just too expensive and it's a liability. My friend says even if you take a cab everywhere, it's cheaper than owning a car.

Mickey.. i change job.. but same position..

hope is for the better.. over here.. too many politics.. and my boss.. sucks..

Viman, ya car is liability.. is true taking a cab is cheaper.. but time is oso wasted cause of the everlasting waiting.. i still thk surcharge from the cab is way too much ex..

hahaha mrt used to be the best.. but aft so many breakdowns recently.. i have to say... own car la... hahahahaha

Back