(2011/05) May 2011

Val: haha...i tinkk both of them will b more than happy to help pressin.. just worried in e end, become their toy n baby W can only watch them play...haha

preciousMom,

hahhaa. probably will lo till they get sick n tired of it =) at least this is wat happened to my boy la. any new toys he proclaim as his. If he sees meimei plays, he will snatch. so is either wait for him to grow tired of it or i tell him to let meimei play with his new cars =P

Val: exactly, all kids are e same.. 2 days ago i bot a train set for my #2 n he was so happy.. but #1 complained "how comE didi has new toy, i dun have?"..so i said to be shared.. n nw, i bot something for baby, guess she will go crazy tonite..haha.. super 'unbalanced'.. but my hb said to look for another similar train so tat she has owned it n both of them can play it on e tracks..haha.. have to please all kids.. else disaster

pnuemoccoal jab:

any 1 noe if we hv to go to the same clinic to have the multiple jabs? eg: if i took 1st jab at clinic A, can i go to clinic B for the subsequent jabs?

Val, cannot eat sotong? Gosh!!! I ate that while I had my nasi padang [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I took balacan chilli too

preciousMom,

ya lo. now everything have to be fair. everything also must buy 2 if buy for the lit one.

better to have all jabs taken in 1 clinic coz i understand there are diff manufacturers.

apple,

for #1, i also avoid crabs all these but i know some of my friends still take so i think it depends on how u are ba.

Val: yalor.. 'pok gai' lor.. sigh.. tat was wat polyclinic told my hb aso.. like tat die ar.. cos tat time was time for baby to hv his 1st jab but polyclinic appt was only at Nov.. so at 1st we tot shld b e same frm any clinic, n hence, went to our GP to hv e 1st shot and paid as 1 jab only, rather than took his 3 jab package.. now tat we cant go polyclinic liao.. we spent more $$ rather than saved it as we tot.. so angry..

HELLO MUMMIES

Sorry to disturb...

Im clearing my baby's wardrobe and i thought some items are quite new so i decided to post to see if any mommies are keen to take over...

Please PM me for immediate response.

https://picasaweb.google.com/112314981030974378222/PreLoved#

- Mothercare baby swimwear

- Prewalkers

- Sleepers

- Brand New diapers

- Breastfeeding needs

- Baby Clothes

- Baby Legs and cute socks

- Heinz Baby Food

etc etc...

Val, ok..me no restriction to that :p I still eat sotong & crab even preg [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Arisz so u have 1 more mth of ML? I am reporting to work in Oct liao.. Sian! I think i should one of the last mummies returning to work here too.

Val i also took sotong liao tons of it. Oops only know to avoid duck though.

I fell down on stairs today while carry bb. Lucky bb was strapped on my baby bjorn so she is ok. But i think i got a very very bad sprain!! Damn painful now. Waiting forvmy turn at chinese sinseh. Wat a start to my weekend!!

Vickie, Nan smells horrible. Infact its one of the foulest smelling FM i have ever tried. It was already like this a few yrs back when i intro FM to my ger. She didnt want Nan & when MIL & me tasted the milk from the sample we gagged n almost threw up. I went to similac in the end!

Mudpie,

Why don't you try giving ebm in bottle as the last feed of the day? I think when bb is too sleepy, won't suck much when latching and will stay hungry that's why wake up several times at night. Even if bb is fast asleep, can drink from bottle and finish. Hopefully the milk will last all night. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Starfruit, my son was dec2008,started him on mamil gold but bcos of phlegm pd recommend I try nan ha.duno izzit coincidence but he seldom has phlegm prob,cough/flu all d while so I guess some form of protection.ha taste bitter instead of sweet like d norm fm. dun rem it was so fishy & he carry on til 1.5yrs old b4 I switch to nan pro.but his poo poo is HORRIBLY smelly but it's norm for nan. For d pro it was ok til they switch manufacturing to Philippine b4 they switch back Switzerland. That's when I notice d fishy smell.

Cloudpoem,yup,tho super short but I will still try my best to give bm as long as I can. But dun wanna starve her so guess I'll start fm for night feed first.

Muddpie, their pattern always change. Ya, u shld try d last feed bottlefeed her more than usual & let bb slp on side, hug a pillow if need to,so that they feel more secure. My gal has also been co slpin with me & I let her buffet but she prefer her thumb.so in between there'll b struggles.end up in d morning u c her face with rashes either due to my bm or her rubbing her face with her thumb full of saliva. I gave her d pack but she rather suck thumb.

Apple, I got the Robinsons 25% voucher too but mine is only limited to $200 purchase. So they send different vouchers to different people, huh.

Mummies who intro cereal already, how many times do you feed your BB cereal a day? Doc advised me to add 2 scoops cereal to BB's last feed for weaning off the 2am feed. But BB didn't like the cereal in the milk bottle, plus a fren said he could choke. He only liked cereal with spoon. So on 2nd night we fed him via spoon, but my mum said it was too heavy a meal for that timing (10pm). Plus he twisted and turned in his sleep as if he had tummyache so we were afraid it was the cereal. On 3rd night we switched to formula w/o cereal, he slept through till 7am after being fed only water @ 2am. 4th night, he didn't keep to the wean and called for milk even after the water feed so the weaning failed. Now I'm wondering what I should do next. We are already feeding him rice cereal for lunch & dinner. Any advise?

Thks Deon, preciousmom, apple yeah ok now after visit to chinese sinseh. But damn painful now n cant really walk. First time i fall with bb , damn scary lucky she is ok.

Cloud duck poisonous esp if u c-sect cannot eat for 6 mths.

WT i dun like to add cereal to milk feed cos scared bb will end up rejecting milk or cereal cos dun like the combo. U wanna try the water for a few more nights n see if it works?

Cannot eat duck n sotong?? I din noe that lei.. Will it cause allergies to babies?? My mum told me bb poo like very watery.. Almost diahorrea pattern n said could b the things I eat that goes into the milk, causing watery stools.. Is it true?

And hor, when should we stop burping huh? My mum stopped liao, say she big already can burp herself.. But just now she was crying so hard, and when she burped, she calmed down. It's the first time I see her like this when my mum stopped burping her lei.

Starfruit: oh my.. Luckily u n bb r ok.. Take good care ya??

Duck is poisonous?? Faints.. Really ah?? That's means there goes my salt veg duck soup le...

Bella yeah old folks tell me to avoid eating then i avoid lor. I still burp my bb cos i think she more comfy after she burp. If not u sit her upright she may burp. Anyway if she seems more comfy after burping then cont lor, no harm lah.

hi mummies,

my gal had started wz rice cereal for almost 1mth, recently, her poo and pi pi very smelly leh ... is it normal?

Starfruit, oh no... Can feel how painful it is as I've fell before decades ago.. Not only hurt my back, arms too.. So esp raining, will feel the ache on my arm & back...

Ling normal, once u start semi solid their poo damn stink. Only on pure milk then their poo not much smell.

Dolly ya lor, suay lor, it was a pretty fall cos i cant really walk now. Ur fall sounds scary too, did u go look for chinese sinseh then?

Starfruit: ops.. I had duck meat too.. But I natural delivery.. So not much harm? Haaha.

WT: u can slowly mOve to purée food for more variety.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] like potato, than carrot and so on.. Maybe morning cereal, noon, carrot, night cereal again. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] this is what I do.. Than incorporate fruits in slowly.

Ling: normal for Bb's poo to stink once on solid.. When she eat meat, dun change diaper in air con room! Sure stink! Heeehe.

my computer is down so only manage to read the replies now via hp. Been using my husband laptop without the bookmark just now. Hope my pc will be ok. Anyway i give baby gripe water and Colic drops daily and also burp him unless its night feed. Today the bloatNess seem to be better. Now very dl with my husband. Tmr anniversary nv celebrate I'm ok nv say anything. Then he say he going back to ot tmr i not happy but i nv say anything. Then just now i got take back lunch for tmr from my mum. So i go and take my share so that if baby wake up late i can faster eat lunch then he came to the kitchen carrying baby and scold me say i quarrel with him. I nv even say any.hing...

Jenny, the lack of communication is obviously the crux of your relationship issues. The pressure is building. If you don't diffuse it, it will burst and everything will spill like volcano.

Starfruit, yeah that time I fell at those shophouse's (located @ Neil road) flight of staircase from the top to the ground.. Went to x-ray to check for any fractured bones.. Luckily, there isn't... Then to Chinese sinseh to "tui" those injury...

Val: We nv let baby cry much now. Once he cries, we will try to stop it immediately. And now he's also controlling his crying already.

mudpie: Only my mil chews n spit out for baby to eat. She did this to her granddaughter and my husband thinks its perfectly ok to do it. He even say he will also do this to our baby in future and got a scolding from me. I dun think I wan to educate his mum since I will not bring my baby to let her look after in future. And most importantly, I will tell my baby before we see her that he shld nv eat anything that comes out from his granny's mouth.

Yah, I stay at Jurong West. Now the biggest prob is baby doesn't slp in stroller or carrier. Then he will cry or show black face throughout. Haha.

Yest before I go to my mum's house I bring baby to Kiddy Palace and poineer mrt to buy stuff. Managed to carry him out coz I was using the X carrier already since his neck is stable. Its nice and I even let him choose his own rattle. He held on to the rattle that he likes. Very sweet.

WT: He apologised to me yest but I still find him irritating. But like how I changed myself to suit baby, I'll also change myself to suit him. Like if he do OT, I'll tink it as a norm. If he doesn't, I better go down to buy toto. -_-

Any babies starting to recognise pple (ren4 ren2) already? My baby dun allow anyone else to carry him now. On thur my in laws came and carry him, he kept frowning and crying very loud. Then yest at my mum's house, he was ok with my mum but when my bro came home in the evening, he said hello to baby then he cried very loudly again. Nv even carry him he can also cry. How to resolve?

Vicki: I think at this rate my baby will also reject daddy coz only see him 1-2 hours a day. Hopefully will not be like that, if not I can't even cut my hair all these. So scary.

Mine also recognises ppl she is most happy when she sees me & MIL, her jie jie & hb ( in this order) tat day my mum came ( she only visit once a week) she suddenly cried very loud. Quite funny when i saw it.

Jenny u need to train bb to go out. U cant wait for him till he grows older before bringing him out. If if he gets older, he will still show same signs if u dun bring him out. Easier to train on carrier cos he is closer to u n feels more secure. The more u bring him out the easier it is for him to learn to sleep outside. If u can should bring him out weekly even if its to nearby to buy stuff. I am selfish in a sense bb has to followy schedule in weekend so if i am out the whole day she will be out with me n take all her naps outside. But i also make sure i am home latest by 6 pm so tat i can prep & get her ready for bed by 7pm, very rarely will we stay outside pass 8 pm.

starfruit: I'm trying to train him from nearby Sheng Siong then slowly to further places. Right now even Sheng Siong also cannot, but will continue trying. I wan him to be happy in his stroller and relate stroller to gai gai but my husband say cannot like that coz he's not a dog. Crazy one.

My baby doesn't know how to nap outside, even if sling him he also doesn't wan to nap now, stroller also. So must be home very quickly for him to nap.

Jenny, I believe won't la.ESP boys usually c daddy as playmate & idol. Quality spent is better than qty.

Remember I wanted to start mixed feeding cos supply dosent meet my gal demand anymore. Pd encourage to endure tbf til 6mths so prescribe domperidone for me.hopefully will be able to up my supply to meet hers. Cos mine seem quite stagnant since I start work

Ash,thanks...yest i ask my mum if she feels i nid to chg pacy for her.but mum says B doesnt like pacy at all..lol..so let it b 1st & yest she behaved slightly better...kekeke not so much fussing during milk time...lol

Viman, i tried b4..but she fuss big time with bottle during last feed at 9pm b4 bedtime. I tested it a couple of times & once i switch to latch she drinks real hard & fast...omg!!

& usually tts d only 1 long latch i can do when i come home. She used to not waking more than twice at nite de leh...duno wat happen lately these 2-3wks...hai..

Arisz, u r not coward!! somehw i admire ur courage to extend ur lv & enjoy more time w ur boys...kekekeke cos during birth & confinement, i face bb like 24hrs..i feel so tired & jus wanna getaway hv some free time outside alone, tts y i choose to return to work early & clear ML slowly...hehe...

Deon... =) u r not alone feeling tired..i oso feel v tired even i only work 4days a week..i guess is the no slp thru at nite & coping w a job & taking care of bb when we r home ba...hehe

starfruit, r u better today? speedy recovery to u ya...hmm..im not sure if she is not taking enuff feed during d day...i try to latch her at 7+ am but she alwas likes to play & drink abit only.not those hungry concentrating drinking. my mum wil feed her bottle at 10+ 11 (100ml), after bathe at 1+ 2 (150ml) then ard 6+ 7 (150ml) then i latch her longer at 8+ 9 b4 bedtime. she used to take only 130ml in d afternoons but nw increase to 150ml. mum says B alwas dun seel to wanna drink or feels hungry...but when i carry & look at B i feel she is putting on wgt fast!!! so does tt stil conclude she dun drink enuff during d day ah? cos she has been on this schedule for 2mths le..b4 tt was really working fine...i somehw alwas feel mayb she jus wanna latch for comfort.hahahaha

Jenny, is gd to bring bb to ur mum hse often. Agree with starfruit, u shld really bring ur bb out more often.my B goes out v often & when we r out, she likes to watch those moving ppl,cars,everything.& i use sling. i hvn bought my pram yet..hehehe...so far so gd lah..but sometimes i do get aches on shoulders.when we r out,i noticed bb will yawn when is their nap time. when u pouch bb close to u,u jus pat bb backside afterawhile bb wil doze off de...some bb might fuss big time b4 they slp, mine oso..but i feel after a few times,they wil get used to it..i oso dun go out for too long.jus a couple of hours..so at most bb jus skip 1 nap time period & nite wise, same as starfruit, i wil either be back latest 8+ to prepare her for bedtime. Another way mayb u can sling ur bb at home, & let ur bb used to slinging him & let him nap in ur sling..after a few try mayb bb wil slp in it...i oso heard from a fren she let bb trial in stroller to nap at home, or push stroller in d hse to let bb used to it..

I think u really need to communicate w ur hb well ba..for eg if he oso agrees on spitting out food from mil or his mouth b4 feeding bb?is a no no.u hv to talk to him nicely to let him understand instead of jus scolding him & telling him u dun agree..make him c d pic as in is really not hygiene to do it...& try to find some couple time ba.it will help improve communications too..

As for babies starting to recognise pple (ren4 ren2) & familiar voices, i think mine started when she was somewer 2+3mths old. when i went to aunty hse,she really fuss big time.cry vvv long..once myself or my mum carry her she stopped. when my aunties wanna carry her or talk to her..oh my!! B started again...we took many trials b4 she got used to it...

Jenny my ger hates the stroller she cant nap in there. Esp since ur bb sleeps in yaolan i think the more he wont be able to sleep in stroller cos no bouncing motion. May be better for u to pouch him or put him in a carrier, ur walking motion is similar to yaolam bouncing motion n u will be surprised tat he may be able sleep when u put him on a carrier. Mine is major loud hailer too. She used to major cry whenever she needs to nap. That day i brought her to Hannah's place she major scream in the LRT for 2 stops, think my skin super thick .. Hehe. I just ignore n after her major scream. She fell asleep for 30mins! Hehe

Bb is amazing cos when they need to nap, nothing can stop them. I feel now, she naps faster outside n scream less.

Mudppie when will u finish ur ML. I am better today just stuck at hm this weekend cos of the leg. Sian lah.

I still think Bev misses u lah thus she wants to latch more when u are back.

Starfruit...i only took 2 mths of ML tt time. so nw i will take lv 1-2 days a week. shld last me till end of d yr...after tt i stil hv AL...i hvn told my boss abt my AL plans..kekeke

my B & ur T similar pattern leh..when wanna slp, will wail & sceam vvv loudly..i oso dun understand y..my mum oso buay tahan her..hahaha...

Wah!! after reading wat u wrote abt T hates stroller im wondering if i shld buy 1.kekeke..& vvv true.whenever i pouch her she is tired, jus fall asleep easily nwadays when im walking..i hv to learn like u to b thick skin when she wails again loudly..u noe i hvn taken mrt w B yet.i alwas take bus.cos i can latch her if she wail loudly..whahahaha

Mudppie, Do ya know stroller also must train leh. My fren who trained both her gers on stroller told she dun pick them up even when they major cry, she only pick up when they are choking or out of breath!! Scary right! Haha but effective lor cos both her gers love the stroller.

My no.1 Only loved her stroller when she was close to 2 yrs old. For T easier if i sling or bjorn her cos most of the time i am out alone with her n on public transport. Maybe cos of this more diff to train on stroller. But i am training her on stroller every weekend n i must say i do let her cry in the stroller many times! If u are not in a hurry , dun buy stroller first till she is 6 mths then u have more stroller choices.

I didnt want to clear my ML slowly cos even if i take a day off a week the work still need to wait for me to be back to clear.

I'm a mummy who went back to work after only 8 weeks of ML. Now still clearing my remaining ML 1-2 days a week. It's nice to have long weekends when I do a Fri-Mon break. But it's sianz at the same time cuz the work and email piles, and I have to work extra hard the 3-4 days when I'm in the office. Sometimes it's meetings back to back from 9am till 6pm and I have to clear my emails @ home.

My boi started to recognise faces @ 12 weeks if I din remember wrongly. We realised when he screamed at my mum when she picked him up and cried when thrusted at my dad. Keke... Now proven true the theory that BBs dun like ugly faces. Now after some regular visits from my mum, he'll take her carrying when he's in good mood.

just a moment ago my mil wanna me to add a small teaspoon of rice cereal to baby milk. ok after i added. my boy couldn't drink from the teat coz i guess is thick. so i change to the the 3 flow type of avent type and it works. but he doesn't seem to like the cereal being added to the milk and took 3 oz instead of 5oz and went to sleep. he is 5 month and 1 week in exact and i guess is too early to start his cereal???

i got a shock that just a tiny amount was added and it just block his no.3 teat holes.

Gd morning mummies! ~ wow...the thread is moving fast! Doin a quick scan thru the posts now..

Kristle: My Pd says its ok to start rice cereals at 5 mths. Why put the cereal in the milk? The main objective is to slowly intro the spoon and guide baby to swallow the cereal. By adding to milk, it changes the texture, so it gets stuck at the teat. Try to prop baby up using the boucer or use the exersaucer if u hv, to let baby slowly sit up n feed bb. Start with 1-2 teaspoons a day, gradually increase everyday. I am also intending to start my bb next week at 5.5 mths

Starfruit: I agree with you! I trained my #1 since she was a baby, to sit in stroller. She hates it and prefered to be bjohn...She only started to like it after 1 yo, so I bought the maclaren sports for her. Very convenient to bring the maclaren out then the heavy pram. Funny thing is, she is soo in love with meimei's pram cos she likes to be pushed instead of walking, always complaining legs tired...haha...

WT: You're so cute! haha...who's the poor chap with ugly faces? keke...

mudppie: I know how you feel! If baby wails on the train, surely got some "kind souls" will approach you and seeing baby cry and wail, will give lots of suggestions.."baby hungry rite? Want to carry rite?"... i had my share with #1 wailing in the train last time haha...

Val: great to hear tt u are starting ur SAHM life soon...in 3 days time! Haha..how i wished i could enjoy tt little "boring" time at work...haha..but it's never possible with the madness at work everyday!

Cloud: so I think duck meat shld be ok for u if u natural birth...my mum banned me frm seafood, duck meat and even yam!! Yet I took orh nee mooncake last mth...oops...

Mummies - I need to rant !

You know what, I boycott Babyspa, not going there anymore !

Last week I brought my girl there, they only gave her 15 mins of swim citing that it was her 1st time. On folowing Wed, my mum brought her there she too gave her only 15 mins. This morning I was running errands at Northpoint and I popped by the shop to clarify and they promised me fill 25 mins if I bring my girl back for the 3rd time today.

We packed everything and leave happily to go swimming. To my horror, when I reach there; the staff took back her words. She said my girl is only allowed 15 mins cause we are not a member ! And the shop was not even crowded, there was only 1 bb swimming in the big pool. Instead of appeasing me she kept pushing me to sign for a membership !

I felt so insecure and do not want to sign for up. I asked why all these were not explained to me since the begining... I was so fustrated and my girl was so looking forward to it. She loves it, that why I bring her there. Honestly, the service of the staff there is bad. But because she likes it so much, I will bring her there at least once a week.

TO make matter worst, I told them I want to get a float so that we can let her swim at home. The price tags shoes $35 but they charged me at $50 ! When I wanted to pay by shopping voucher, they rejected and insisted on cash !!

I really do not get it ! What kind of shop is this ?

I was so mad and disappointed, I went on their FB to post my comments.. Hopefully, their management will come back to me. What a day !!

Back