(2011/05) May 2011

Jenny, I use Sebamed Bubble Bath. But I don't use anything cleanser on the face. Face I only wipe with boiled water. Now that he's drooling a lot and biting anything in reach, I've instructed the maid to wipe his mouth with wet towel hourly.

Another thing to take note is that you shouldn't apply the cleanser directly onto skin as it may be too concentrated for BB's skin. Just pump a few drops into bath water and clean.

You can also consider Cetaphil cleanser. It's quite good for sensitive skins, no matter children or adult. Cleansers that smell good usually will contain fragrance ingredients that cause sensitive skin to flare up. Same goes for detergents and softeners...

apple: Wow ur maid get to eat buffet at The Line? Last time I saw a family going out for xmas eve buffet and the maid gets to eat too and its like $100+ per pax.

WT: I think I'll try Cetaphil cleanser, but maybe I try to buy the lotion first. I got dilute in water, not sure why still like that. But for shampoo, I squeeze a small amt on baby's scalp and rinse off immediately after lathering.

As for detergents, I'm also kidomo detergent. So shld be ok bah, I hope.

My maid also eats with us when we eat out, and we eat out quite often. Usual expenditure will be $20++ at least per pax. No wonder that when I brought her out with my fren and her maid, the 2 maids concluded that I was the richer employer because I ate out more often than my fren. Muahahaha!!! They forgot to compare housing (my fren in landed pty vs me in HDB)...

Same will bring the maid out to eat when we dine out but my new maid don't really like to eat out.. I will feel paiseh if we eat and my maid watch but this maid very Shen one when we bring her out ask her order the food she want she will look at the price den said she not hungry if she ask her order she sometime orde the cheapest.. Feel fortunate that she will think for my pocket last time all my ex maid will order the ex one

Hello Mummies,

No time to catch up on all the reading... Me so busy at work, do not even have time to pee.. THe worst part is we do not have toilet in the office, I need to go down 2 flight of stairs, walk into the shopping mall for the toilet. My bladder can burst at times...

Jenny - Like WT, I only cleans my girl face with boiled water. She is also drooling a lot lately.. Wonder why ? Too soon to be teething.

Is your bb boy feeling better from his acid ?

refulx?

Val - So nice that you have such a supportive hubby. He leaves final decision to you.. Can get your hubby to educate mine a bit or not ? LOL

Viman - I get clothes from gmarket too. But usually, I will get causal clothins not office wear. So far for the price I pay, I got no complaints.

I just ordered some dresses recently, should be receiving them by next week. I can keep you updated on the quality.

One of my colleague buys clothes from gmarket, so far she looks good and quality is ok.

Deon: I think my boy is sick again. Today till now, only drank 8.5oz and threw up a lot of milk. When I fed him with cereal, he spit out all. Then I testing and put a little on his lip, he got nothing in his mouth he also wan to spit his saliva out. Now bm, fm, cereal, water he all dun wan. Going to bring him to PD again tmr but dunno if can get appt coz that clinic is by appt one.

Sian ,my computer spoil again, always same prob. Now borrowing my husband's laptop. =( Hopefully my computer will come back to life soon. Haven't even google for the lotion, this laptop too hard to use.

Hi Jenny,

u may want to give ur pd a call?bcuz if tis goes on,ur boy might b dehydrated Which is dangerous!n if u can't get an appt wif ur normal pd,go to another one.pls dun wait.

jmummy: So serious? I just asked my husband to force feed baby some water. Later at 11.15 gonna force feed him some milk again. The doc previously gave us orange fluid to prevent dehydration. But baby doesn't even wan to drink that.

WT: The cetaphil is intensive moisturizer or Moisturising Cream 100g or moisturizing Lotion 200ml? I found these at TTSH pharmacy online.

Trial class: ibjust posted 2 different class detail on fb, was thinking which one is more suitable for my 2.5..But the 0 to 3 yr old one I thinking of trying it when my girl is abt 8 or 9mth

Jenny, to start off maybe get the lotion so that it's not too rich. BTW this is the Physiogel AI cream that my PD prescribed for my boi's pimply face:

http://www.ttshpharmezy.nhg.com.sg/scripts/ttsh_category.asp?catID=60104&item=8351

Jenny: in regards to the cereal mix with bm, its normal that the cereal appears watery, cux BM got enzymes, hence jus add bit by bit of BM, than slowly stir to the consistency that u want.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

and ur baby sound sick.. everything also spit out? try using syringe to feed something for him?

Val: u are one fortunate mummy! having a understanding hubby is really a good support mentally.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Apple: i must agree with Angiemummy that u're very good to maid in terms of allowing them to eat high class food with u.. i dun bear to spend the money on high dining buffet sometimes.. my mil even will chide me and hubby if we thought of bringing the maid out to eat.. but, so far, mine eats like a cat! so little.. at home, she can eat half packet of instant noodle, or just plain rice.. if we bring her out, people who doesnt know her diet will thought i mistreat her.. lol

Angie, so u another shopper hehehe

Ivine, i got from the BP the last time 3 yrs back. Maybe u wanna do a search see if there is any spree going on. 

Yes i put the cubes in warm water to heat up. Usually the night before i will take out from freezer n let it thaw in the chiller overnight n next day put in warm water to heat up. Its the same way as heating up BM. 

Jenny its not tat kodomo or j&J products will cause rash. It may be ur bb has more sensitive skin thus easily prone to rashes. Bb with srnsitive skin vant really use the cheaper mass prdts like kodomo & J&J cos the ingredients may cause rash to flare. In your case, WT has given good suggestion on prdts u can try for sensitive skin, see if its helps ur bb better. 

Viman you are welcome [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hello mommies, super long time Bo login chat liao..

Thread moving fast ah..took me awhile to read current ones..lol

Deon,u muz b tos slim ladies..can buy dresses online..I tried a couple of times online shopping but either cutting not great or too loose for me..I totally gave up liao..

Starfruit,wah seh! U hvn started working? U took 4 full mths of ML?

Val, counting dwn to last day..n new job as sahm...exciting bo? Kekeke

I oso bought heels for work & gey kiang bought 3.5" high..ended up 1st day 1st day fell dwn at d stairs..gave me 3 big bruises..heng nv sprain my ankle..muz b too long nv wear heels liao....kekeke

Jenny, don't stress lah..come in rant rant u wil feel better..hehe hope ur boi is alright..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dolly, hope ur W is alrite too...does ur maid take naps in the afternoon?

Cloudpeom, congrats on ur wgt lost..too stressed frm work? JY...maybe u return to work+care for 3kids & BF tts yu lost wgt..is gd news...hehehehe.

Hai.. I wanna lose my tummy fats from preg till nw...but not much results seen & is d hardest of all parts...so sian....nw can only get doll dress tops to cover my tummy....

Jenny - I think if the maid is doing her duty & take good care of my kids I don't mind treating her nice buffet or meals. Also, I don't like to left my kids at home when we dine out..so with kids along, maid has to follow or else I can't eat in peace :p

Split - u r fortunate to get a good maid this round. I also praying hard that this maid gonna be good and work for me at least 4yrs.

Cloudpoem - some maids really small eater..I saw my friend's maid, she only take 1/3 bowl of rice with vege & egg. She seldom take chicken or fish..I told my friend this maid super easy to maintain..hehe

My maid, I make sure she is eating enough but I don't like maid snacking all the time. She must take proper 3 main meals. If afternoon like 4-5pm feel hungry then take milo.

Apple, same sentiments on the maid. Although I do not let my maid have handphone, I allow her to call home monthly on my landline if she requests. On her birthday, we allowed her to use our netbook for a night to check her FB and email. She was very happy and went around telling my mum and my fren's maid she got to use the Internet.

So far she treats my boi like her precious baby. When I passed remark the other day to my boi in joke that in a few months he will not longer be the baby of the family when my SIL gives birth, she whispered to him that he will always be her baby. Gosh!

mudpie: in fact my diet was much more when i'm working.. i get tired at work, hence i look forward for meal break to energise myself.. lol.. wonder why i lost too.. :D kekeke, but good news la..

fitting into prev clothes? i'm in this loop too, cant fit into many yet. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] here flab, there fat. sian..

apple: lets cross our fingers, that our maid can stay for long! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] mine is a ok worker.. eat little, jus scared her gastrict will act up. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] btw, ur maid looks young, how old is she?

WT: wow, u let ur maid surf net? she got fb? hahaha. i tried to search my previous maid name, but dont have.. kekekee..

CloudPoem: I only let her surf that one night on her birthday. Because I asked her if she wanted to call home, she said no so I offered as alternative. It shall be for only special occasions like her birthday. Such treats must be rare or else won't be precious anymore and taken for granted.

My maid is also weight conscious. Most Filipinas love sweet foods like coke & condensed milk. But mine claims she scared of sweet stuff after her stint in Dubai cuz her ex-employers ate super sweet (e.g. dates dipped in sugar). Nevertheless she has gained weight since coming here. Partly should be because she don't want to waste food and eats our leftovers as much as she can.

WT - Wow..update FB for maid :p I allow my maid to use hp but only at nite. Anyway she quite ok, now she don't have her salary yet, she din even top-up the phone. Her phone she place at the shelf never use.

It is good your maid doted your boy..My 1st maid doted my #1 alot, when she wanna go home both of them hug & cry at Changi airport, I so so paiseh :p

Cloudpoem - my maid 25 this yr..single mom with 1 son age 2.

mummies any pd to recommend me that opens tmr noon preferably nearer to the west? Dunno coincidence or what each and every clinic i wan to go are closed on thur noon. Then kinder clinic i scare the queue too long.

wt, baby managed to suck from both breast just now and also drank 4.5oz milk. So i think dun have to go hospital. So fed up with my husband. Now sleeping so soundly like nothing happened like that. He's not concern about baby at all! I told him we can try the morning clinic he say cannot coz he need to go work. Think tmr i try to bring baby myself

Jenny, good to hear baby's drinking. Dun worry too much and get some rest.

Sigh things change after bb arrives huh. Hubby also gets on my nerves more often. Like to talk a lot and criticize me when he's more handsoff than me and always calling for the maid. Sometimes I think life is more straightforward without him.

Morning mummies!! Its been a while since i read the forum.. busy like mad at work..

V: oh, i love the diffuser! I just bought 2 more essential blend from taka yesterday.. it will auto off when there is not water.. so far, im still loving it. =)

Deon: no lei, i cant go to the talk.. I wanted to but i forgot that its my fren's wedding that day. If I go out the whole day, I can die of engorgement pain =P

WT: u treat ur maid very nice =)my new maid so far so good, very young and guai guai one.. loves my bb alot. Indo maid. a little bit of communication problem but she is willing to learn English

Jenny: actually, u can bring ur bb to normal GP if you cannot find a PD that is open. they are the same just that PD have much more meds catered to bb and children.

hubbies: Ya, i tend to get more pek chek with my hubby now too. but im not sure if this happens to u all too.. every time when I squabble with my hubby in front of bb, she will fuss and it made me stop to attend her..likes as if she noes its going to lead to a quarrel soon.. me and my hub dont really quarrel or shout at each other in front of my gal

breastfeeding:

mummies who are still BF, are you all eating normally or healthier? did u all control your diet?

Mornin,wat a nice weather to cuddle in bed but I can dream on...

Bella, initially I nvr ctrl diet.eat everything I like in moderation as what i m eating even if nt bf. Only avoid coffee n seafood. But ever since I m back to work, need a cup to keep me gng n cos my gal keep fallin sick with flu/cough, so I lessen d intake of chicken as well. Other than supplement to maintain d bm, on/off still got take d multi vit, calcium & fish oil left over fr my pregnancy. (since I m not eaten too healthily)

WT: I think baby's rashes now is due to his hands. He always bite his hands then rub his face and even poke his eyes. The Cetaphil cleanser is the one for face? Then I use it to bath baby?

Cloudpoem: Thanks for telling me. I was wondering if there's something wrong with my bm for being too thin.

Bella: Like wat u say, GP might not have the medicine for baby, then after that I still have to bring baby to PD, double work and cost. I decide to bring baby to GP only after he grow a little bigger, maybe when we know what's wrong with him or when he can talk.

I decided to bring baby to Jurong East kidslink later for the morning clinic. Baby just slept after drinking milk. He will cry if I bring him out now coz after drinking milk he cried immediately and wan to slp, better let him slp a little longer, somemore now raining. My husband can treat like he nv had this son and dun bother abt him, but I cannot. I lie down in the delivery suite for 21 hours, I will bring him to see doc myself. Dun even intend to call and tell my husband later since he dun bother at all.

morning ladies. its a wet thurs =)

angie,

no nd la. i am sure ur hb has his plus points too. everyone is diff =)

hehe. tell u more next time when we meet la but nope he is nt in the same line as me =)

apple,

thanks for the headsup for the metro sales. i am so gonna chiong it =)

Deon,

ya, thank God for him. He will let me know wat he thinks and feels but ultimately he let me decide if i really wan to be sahm.

Haha, this kind of thing hw to educate? =P

cloudpoem,

thanks! I think my hb is a gem...coz he is super patience and can stand my temper =PpPppP opp poles atrract =P

i also eat more at work le...then eat n sit eat n sit...

mudppie,

come in more often la =)

hmm...nt really tat excited but looking fwd =) u wanna join me nt? keke.

U steady! 1st day already wear 3.5". ya, i think too long nv wear heels will be abit unstable le, at least this is how i feel la. hehehe. but nw i am ok le, can chase bus with heels and walk my boy to sch =P

Jenny,

if ur hb have to wk then u bring ur boy to see the dr urself lo. i always bring my boy to the dr on my own if he falls sick. sometimes their wk may nt be so flexible enuff or like u mentioned previously he is bz at wk right? so if its nt critical then u can bring la. i am sure if its critical ur hb sure will go with u de.

if the rashes is due to him suckling his fingers and rubbing on his face it will go off by itself. at least this is wat i encounter for both my kids and usually go off within a short while.

i think nt ur hb nv treat ur boy like his son. U mentioned he is bz with wk and since u are a sahm i believe he trust u to run the household. he does play with ur boy as well whenever he has the time n energy rite?

Bella,

i cont my diet. no caffine, no alcohol, no seafood (esp sotong), no sashimi.

Val: I'm very worried abt baby yet he's like not concern at all. Yest he fed baby milk until he fall asleep. Then he can do his work until 1.30am and nv fall asleep. I felt as though he's not concern for baby. And if its his mum or dad, he will definitely take leave. Rem the time I kept thinking of dying? I told him even if someone called him and say I'm dead he also will finish his OT then slowly come home.

He doesn't really have time to play with baby now coz he's forever doing OT and when he comes home, he will slowly eat his dinner while using FB or playing game on his hp. After he finish with dinner its bfing time for baby. Then he purposely dun do anything when I bfing. When I finish bfing then he go and shower and throw rubbish all these. U no my baby find it strange to see his daddy at home. One day he woke up at 5am+ for his milk then as usual he open one eye n close the other eye and drink while sleeping. When he saw his daddy, he opened his eyes really big and is so surprize.

There's also once I cannot handle baby coz he's crying very badly. I called my husband and asked if he could skip the OT, OT leh not take leave and he said NO.

All these made me feel as though this baby is my own and doesn't concern him. Yest I so worried abt baby that I cun slp then there he is, snoring away and making me not able to slp even more. Haiz.

Val, I need to chiong Metro too to get some replacement of washing parts for bb. Time to change bottle brush/sponge, liquid cleanser, washing detergent..etc At least nearby us at Causeway Pt [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bella, good that u have guai guai maid. I find the latest batch of Indon all cannot make it..after awhile they start to act smart! Now like no diff between Filo & Indon le

Jenny,

its common for mummies to be more worried as compared to the daddies...

He has work to be completed and i am sure he is working very hard to provide for you and the baby as well. If u are really unhappy with him, suggest u sit him down and have a gd chat.

apple,

yup. lucky there is Metro at Causeway Pt but do u know if the upgrading has been completed? My hb nt so keen to go lately as he says its dusty and he doesnt really feel like going there.

i need to change bottles for my #1. #2 just started using early this mth so still ok. I also need liquid cleanser and other stuffs. hehehe. shopping time again =P

sunflower,

hahahah! u ho, just wanna shop rite? hmmm..mayb the fisherprice/vtech toys?!?! can start to get 6m toys =)

hmmm...rainy season is coming back...mayb stock up on warmer clothes? excuse to buy more clothes! hahaha.

Jenny: My boi also got rashes around mouth area because he keeps drooling and putting hands/toys in his mouth. So I've asked the maid to wipe his mouth area regularly with a wet towel. Perhaps you can also do the same. The Cetaphil cleanser can be used in BB's bath. For face, better to use only boiled water.

On hubbies: I take comfort in the fact that I got my baby, hubby can go fly kite for all I care. As the chinese saying goes: 有子万事足。 So I think sometimes my hubby feels threatened nowadays (Haha!) when I go about with BB and hardly noticing him. My main goal is to be able manage BB on my own, then I don't have to depend on him... Hate being dependant of others and having to see their 'face'.

WT,

hahahaha! indeed i do feel tat once kids arrive, my hb's position has been threatened but rem this: Our spouse will always be with us till we grow old while for kids, once they grow up or start a family of their own u got to let them go =)

val/apple: no metro card still can enjoy 20%?

muddpie: aiyo! 3.5 inch heel! i'm slowly throwing away my heels tt i nvr wear liao. for new ones, must remind myself to buy less than 2 inch

ive seen a family eating at tung lok vivo and they hv 2 maids juz standing behind the kids on hi chair! so poor thing leh.

sunflower,

tell ur hb rainy days v cold, baby need long sleeves, long pants and more cardi =P

WT,

hahaha. if tats wat u think, its true too =)

ash,

yes. the price tags in blue are entitled to direct 20% off if i am nt wrong. for cosmetics i think the discount is given in the form of vouchers.

Val, im afraid he will tell me since its been raining on n off, mayb we shld stay home n not go out. lol~ ive not been to Metro kids section. do they have wide variety?

Apple: I didnt know tt maids can be exempted from the buffet...i tot all accompanying adults need to pay...but anyway so nice of u...she can get to eat all the good food!

WT: That's great...v.impt tt your maid loves your boy...somemore treating like her own...haa so cute la u...but as Val said...when they grow up they wont need us le...it's best to have a balanced family life...easier said than done though...

apple/sunflower: Metro got good sales? My fav is still Robinsons!

Val: Hee sure update me when we meet! Happy for you that you got a strong pillar to back you up...I gg to psycho my hubby to model after yours...:p

Jenny: I think he's too caught up with his work and stressed with being the sole breadwinner too...you are holding up well...jia you!

Jenny,u r doing great...as for hb wise, i think bcos ur hb is the only 1 working & he has to work OT to make ends meet..so is tough for him & i think he has to ans his responsibilities at work tts y he may hv neglected ur feelings...my hb oso come bk late..sometimes my bb slp liao & didnt had a chance to talk to her when he is back..so sometimes bb will look at him in surprise.where if i step in d hse bb saw me she wil b vvv excited..cos we oso BF bb & thru BF,ter is more bond created btwn. mayb find 1 day..u shld lv ur bb w ur mum or mil, then u go out hv a nice lunch w ur hb & spend some couple time tog ba....

Val, i oso hope to come in more often & yak...i miss d yakking gathering sessions too.whahaha Work in ofc is crazy nw!! my collg went on 1 mth leave..So she wil in only on d days when i clear ML..kekeke

I cannot join u to b sahm leh..cos i m quite bored to death at home w B & i hate doing hsework...tts y i choose to return to work early & clear ML slowly...mayb if i plan for #2 then i wil consider tt opt..lol

Wah!! u really love to shop..hahaha...u jus reminded me i shld start preparing some toys from 6mths onwards for my B..LOL.. i m gonna ask hb if he is keen to go w me on sat..kekeke

I like ur comment "baby need long sleeves, long pants and more cardi" when i wanna get long sleeves romper, my mum goes like aiyio...sg weather so hot..u 1 bb to hv heat rash =_= so i resist alot of them..oh ya..bb oso hv cardigans? i hvn come across..i think im gonna search for a few for my B..hehehe

Sunflower...u can shop for cosmetics...they r oso on 20% off..i love to go metro for them..hehe

Ash, no nid apply metro card oso can enjoy 20%. metro card is jus for u to accumulate points & prolly get additional disc for some selected items...their 20% off goes by rebate vouchers. u can ask cashier to offset for u on d spot..

u r tall!!! tts y u dun nid so high heels to make u feel tall..i nid..cos im not v tall..hahahahahaha....i love high heels de..jus tt nw only can wear on workdays..gg out w bb cannot wear heels!!

Back