(2011/05) May 2011

@Deon: aiyoh... i was tinkg to bring bb to babyspa too.. enquired b4 at de PS outlet. They said 1st time is 15mins, subseq will b longer. But say only lah... Haven tried yet. I asked bout de float too n was told $50.. so i didnt get. Way overprice le.. Can find cheaper in BP..

Hi Mummies I'm new here n my son is also born in May. Been a silent reader for awhile n learnt alot of things here. I'd like to join the fb group but how do I go about it?

@deon: I also experienced bad service at northpoint babyspa when I brought my boy for massage. Being first time there n not knowing anything, they din bother to explain patiently n kept pushing us to get package. I think one of e mummies posted a link on bb swimming pool set bp n it's a good deal. I bought e set n let my son try [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] definitely cheaper than going babyspa

deon: oh man! sounds bad! good thing that u post on the fb wall, than will let everyone know.. u should have note down the person's name! this is something i dislike, over promise and under deliver...

swimming: my #2 start to swim ard 8-9mths at outdoor pools.. maybe mummies can try. kekeke, choose weekday, less crowded.

stephanie: hello! welcome to our big family!

Xuanmin: Grandpa's the ugly one. Kekekeke...

I bring my boi to babyspa at NEX. So far so good, and one filipna staff there even knows my boi by name. Maybe it's because I bot the package. Deon if I'm you I'll demand why I'm being treated worse when I pay more than members!

I've also brought my boi swimming in my fren's condo pool. Going to the beach next weekend for a picnic and he'll have chance to try out some salt water!

Preciousmom,

U can go polyclinic and then ask them to call ur gp to ask abt the peumococcal brand... If not u call ur gp and pass ur phone to them... Thats is what my hubby did when he took my no1 to polyclinic for her last jab... She took 3 jabs at raffles and last jab at polyclinic cos can only use medisave to pay at polyclinic... Not sure if all polyclinic is the same but u can try...

Mummies.. do u know, if we post at the may fb grp, will my frens be able to see what i post at their news feed?

Deon: Oh their service so bad nowadays ar. dunno issit bcoz their biz is better now, so no need so many customers le? Or their biz getting worse, so force ppl to take up their package? During my #1's time, i rem their service was ok de. We always get to play more than 20 min, if we go earlier n no bb queueing.. Maybe now the staff changed le ba.. perhaps i wont bring my #2 there le, but where got babyspa near yishun other than this? sigh..

cereal: i havent started my bb for that yet. maybe too early for him. he just turned 4 mths today (mil follow the lunar calendar de)! he must be one of the youngest bb ar, coz he was born on the last day of may! haha.. then my mil called to tell us, must let him wear new clothes today, and must be in BLUE, without telling me why. Any mummies know the reason behind? did u follow?

Ohya mummies who have kids in childcare, i was told by my coll that i need to prepare pressie during children's day? may i know what u usually prepare and where u get the stuff from?

This is my first year, need to prepare this kinda stuff, hopefully it wont be too exp ar. normally what is ur budget for this?

Welcome Stephanie !

Thank you Mummies for your support..

I am thinking of getting my own swimming tub and let my girl play at home instead. Any idea where I can get it ?

Mickeyboy,

I dun think so, cos the group is private. This FB very frustrating though, you know what it makes public and what private. Argh! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

morning ladies. another brand new week =)

sat brought both my kids out to shop on my own. kekeke.

Deon,

hope u have got some rest over the weekend =)

wah! so rude of the staffs! u did gd by ranting on their fb page. u must demand an explanation.

apple,

even when preg, i dun take crabs and shark fin's soup. prawns i still ok but i limit myself too. heheh.

cindy,

am opp of u, i took ducks instead! hahaha.

oh dear, how are ur foot now? lucky T is alright and u only going back to wk next week. so u hm bounced these this week?

D is the same case. wanna slp will wail and wail and pull her hair in frustration...we concluse she has a fiery temper and gets frustrated easily..i meet my match =)

vicki,

my boy opp of urs. he is prefect with mamil gold (coz nt too sweet too). when i let switch him to other fm, he starts haveing phlegm so back to mamil gold and now to my bm =)

bella,

i dun burp my gal already. when i lift up upright or over my shoulder she will self-burp.

re: baby recognising faces

yes, my gal has started to recognise ppl and sometimes when stranger/neighbour tries to talk to her she ends up crying. hehehe.

re: slpping

my gal slps best when outside! she can slp longest in pouch. pram sometimes ok sometimes nt ok.

kristle,

why do ur mil wanna add cereal to the milk bottle? sld be spoon feeding with cereal nt via bottle.

xuanmin,

hahaha. thanks! 2 more days to go. its boring coz its of no value add to me. =P i cant wait for wed to come =)

stephanie,

welcome to the thread =)

mickeyboy,

the fb grp is private. besides members of the grp, others will nt be able to read.

my boi also start recognising faces [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] weekend at fren's pl, a fren stood quite near to us talking n he suddenly cry till face so red. 1st time like that. then after tt 2 frens tried carryin but also cry.

stephanie: wc!

val: u very eh sai leh, can shop w both alone!

jenny: chew food n spit out. i'm thinking shld let ur mil try feeding plain cereal. see how she chew n spit out. kekekeek!!!! i'm so mean!

fb grp: ok, meaning not just the content, even the qn they wont be able to read rite? so we can discuss some R21 topics there too? hehe..

ya my bb oso start recognising face, and i think voice too! maybe he too used to auntie (babysitter) n my voice, he always cry whenever men carry or talk to him, incl. my hb (and uncle, babysitter's hb). How ar? he really doesnt like men's voice leh... so daddy cant talk when carrying him?

split: the music class, i asked hb le, he feels that its too young for #1 to go for such class, he may not understand wor. so i think we wont let him try le, most likely..

Hi Mummies! I am also new here and my bb boy also born in May this year! Could I join the FB group too pls? Thanks to add me!I learn so much by reading this forum!

Actually, I have a few Qs need you ladys' advice:

1) are all your babies able to slp thru e night? bcos my bb (4 month + 1 week old) still wakes up almost every 2 hrs and then refuse to go bk to slp after 5+am... so tirring... XD

2) I am planning to intro solid to him when he is 4.5 month... I know that only 1/2 teaspoon at first, but when shld i start to increase? every week add 1 more teaspoon or??

3) I could not find the baby cube BP even though i look thru a few times... maybe my eyesight no good :p and 'motherslove' website also no stock =( can any nice mummy share with me if you knows the link pls?

Hi Jenny, my friend gave me this website, http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/, which has alot of info abt puree and solid food for baby, hope it is useful to u too! =)

Mimosa,

Welcome and thanks for the link. I'll only start bb on solids at 6mo but have saved the very useful link. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Reg your qn in slp thru e night, I give a bottle of ebm at abt 1130 pm as the last feed. She sleeps at 7 pm so this one gotta dream feed, but she slurps it up hungrily even in her sleep. She wakes up at abt 4.30 am to latch on for just a few mins and then goes back to sleep till 6.30 or 7 am.

Deon,

gd. must really use weekend to recuperate least it will just get more and more tired and taxing.

Yes, u have to coz u paid for the service nevertheless. if they dun reply, u write in to TST/ post on forum. i cant take substandard services.

Ash,

hahaha. thx! desperate to go out to shop and hb nt free so i just bring the 2 along. lucky both behaved well. manage to have lunch out in peace as well. phew..

split,

sorry wldnt be able to join u coz i will let my boy stick with Yamaha and I am more interested in Kindermusik for my gal...

btw, have ur boys started the swimming lesson already?

mickeyboy,

its private. they wldnt be able to see the qn too...unless member of the grp so when u post a new topic then the members of the grp will see it appearing under the newsfeed.

re: fb grp

Look for SMH May2011. request to join and provide your smh nicks =)

mimosa,

1. my gal doesnt slp thro the nite. will wake up for at least 1-2 nite feeds and i have no prob with this as i latch lying down =)

2. i only intend to start at 6m. u can slowly increase weekly. just rem at this point of time, its more of introducing to them the various texture and something outside of milk. go slow ya =)

Viman, yes u can pump other immediately cos the more u empty the breast will produce more milk. Since bb is full she prob wont need to feed the other side till 3 hrs later.

I keep my ger on one breast only every 3 hrs. So if she wants more anytime within the 3 hts i return her to the same breast.

Hi mummies, my computer gone case. Taken back already. Now using husband's laptop. Luckily his company gave him a laptop so I can use his personal one.

My baby's tummy is still not well. Yest only drank 11.5oz in total and no cereal coz he kept spitting out. Anyone knows if Pd will have a better solution instead of telling me the same thing like burp baby well and give colic drops?

Deon: I think buy ur own swimming tub is better. On Sat we let baby swim again but 15 min he's irritated already. But at least we dun have to spend anything. We even reuse the water for washing clothes.

@split: oh! thanks for e info [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i spread ard my friends see if they wanna let their kids join. Mine too young, this is my #1

@Val: thanks for e info on joining e fb grp. i sent a request alr but can't seem to type any msg to provide with my nick. my fb name is Stephanie Lxx

Oh yes I'm also keen to know about the baby cubes bp [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] it looks reli interesting to have these for bb food

split,

u are welcome =) hope everything will go well for u. if he nt gd or wat and u paisay to feedback to him let me know ya. hehehe.

viman,

hmmm....for me it depends. if i just pump less than an hr then i wldnt pump again next the next timing. if my pumping session is due soon then i will =)

starfruit,

went town to shop =P quite some damage over the weekends. hehehe.

jenny,

u recycled the water for washing clothes? u are not worried he pee inside the water? if wash toilet floor or toilet bowl as 1st wash still ok la...

stephanie,

nt sure if its my fb issue but i dun see any request on the grp...mayb other mummies if they do see will add u.

i didnt buy the cubes coz i do fresh purees for my boy everyday during his time.

novi,

welcome back =)

dolly,

our body is still trying to get back to normal so give it sometimes for the hormones to adjust.

dolly,

mine before having kids is 3weekly..then aft #1 bcame 4weekly then aft sometimes back to 3weekly. 1st 2days mine will be heavy and very crampy...super hate the crampy feel.

viman: i do like what val does too. if i pump less than an hr or so, most likely i wont pump again, coz it wont be so engorged. otherwise i think i will pump too. dun like the feeling that one side is empty and one side is very engorged.

dolly, val: eh, i tot when we are bf, we wont have menses de rite? but if we do partial bf, then "auntie" will probably visit us earlier huh?

Viman: wah! ur bb sleeps very early! my bb sleeps at 9+, 10am, then 5+am he refuse to go bk to slp already =.= and daytime he only slps 4-5 hrs... we always say he drink red bull everyday, lol... haix... XD

Val: I intend to intro solid earlier because, 1stly, really hope he can slp longer at night, 2ndly, my supply drops after i return to work, and my reezer only left 6 packet of BM (my supply already not much before i return to work T_T ) I was planning to BF him for at least 6 months but now seems abit difficult...

Novi: thanks alot for e link!!! you think how many i shld get? 1 for each size? enough??

mickeyboy,

its depends on individual de. some while bfeeding will still have menses while for some it will only come when stop completely. For my case, my menses resume when my boy was 8mos while my friend only had her when she stopped bfeeding at 12mos.

dolly,

oh. okok. coz i nv take anything to regulate my menses or to prolong it (as i feel 21days v short). ya, hate menses also coz i will feel extra tired! u take care ya. try to get some early nite slp as well or when travelling to/forth wk.

mimosa,

hmmm...personally i dun really agree tat giving solids will means slpping longer at nite...or even slpping thro...at least this is not true for my #1.

Val,

ya.. now i know.. and my fren told me cannot feed him at night bcos difficult to digest... this is my #1, not much experience, sometimes i feel i so noob XD

hi mummies,

need some advise from you all...

my little girl (4 mths)now in infant care. recently there is a little boy (abt 10-11mths old) had measles on 14 sep. because of this, he is absent. he will be back on this wed. do you think it is safe for my girl to go infant care from this wed onwards?

my girl just took the second 5 in 1 & pneumoccal vaccine last friday.

now not sure if i want to bring her to school for this wed to fri??

any mummies with similiar experience before??

Mimosa, my bb also hasnt slept thru yet. He drinks once at 9+, then until 11+, will drink one last feed b4 sleeping. But about 3/4am, he will wake up once for midnight feed. Frankly speaking, i m happy w this alrd.. bcoz my #1 really woke up 2-3 times during midnites, that case really cant sleep at all ar..

Personally i will only start bb on solids after 6 mth or at least 5.5 mths, coz afraid will hv food allergy or so, unless PD advise to start early lor. Ya i agree w val, if its a habit that bb will wake up, no matter the last feed is w solid onot, it will still be the same case.. XD

mimosa,

yes. nt gd for his digestive system as need to wk harder to digest the cereal. no worries la, 1st time mummy usually not much exp and we all learn on the way. if u have any qns or etc, u can always ask the mummies here, everyone are v friendly and willing to help =)

twinkle,

do u have any help from home? for me, i am more kiasu, i will keep her hm for a week or 2. sometimes back there was hfmd outbreak in my boy/s ctr so i kept him hm for 3weeks!

Thanks, mommies! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mimosa,

Lol at the redbull theory!! :D I think mine must be drinking redbull in the daytime cos she only slps for abt 2-3 hrs. Maybe that's why her night sleep starts early...

val i let baby wear swimming diapers but i still scare he urine inside. But my mum scold me and say must use the water to wash clothes. But i use it for first rinse only. Subsequently is normal water.

stephanie,Mimosa : welcome ...

deon, ya, get ur own ... me bought one for my gal to enjoy at home ... hehe ...too expensive for babyspa ... even wz the membership ... heh.. me no income one, so must save save save ...

BB recongnise face/voice

i let anyone to carry my gal since birth ... so far so good, till now almost 5mth, she stil allow other pple, even stranger to carry her ...

stepping out of house

jenny, u shd try to bring ur boi to walk walk at downstair each day lah .. train him ...

i bring my gal out for a short walk almost everyday ... let her look around the trees, grass, cats, dogs, cars etc ... jus a few mins also good for them ...

which bb dont scream/cry?? slowly train them n they will get used to new enviornment

bb sleep thru the nite

for the past 3 nite, my gal sleep thru ... but for the past one mth, she sleep at 9pm n wakes up at 2am n 6am ... she is one of the first few bb who can sleep thru the nite much earlier till she stop at 4th mth ... hope she will continue to sleep thru from now ...

novi, tks for the babycubes site, me also looking for it .. but 1oz no stock ...

@Val: thanks so much [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hee don worry starfruit has added me.

@novi: thanks for e link! I shall check it out [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@dolly: my menses back to normal cycle alr but mine first came back when bb is 6wks old. Maybe cos I partial bf n now gg to say bye to the cow alr. But my menses nw heavy for 1st n 2nd day n sometimes get cramps which I din face before

Bb sleeping thru e night

My bb also slept thru e night from abt 11-12wks from 8pm to about 7am. Pd told us don wake him up for feeds unless he wants milk. So far my boy sleep feed once ard 4am. Daytime he sleeps 3x

Back