(2011/05) May 2011

Deon,

Same here, I got a maid, 1st time hiring, hopefully can come in by this weekend, aly delayed for 3 wks. Hope things will work out well. Planning to send bb to childcare at 18mths so by then prob won't renew maid, but hard to say, prob by then can't survive w/o maid, ha ha.

Angie the rocker is NB to toddler can take up to 18kg. Def got mileage!

Jenny 70 means height 70cm. For our bb now 65-70 should be ok. 70 should be up to 12 mths

Rant:

Maid was crying in her room.. Asked her wad happen, and say her uncle pass away.. The other time also cry, also say uncle or dunno which relative pass away... Than we ask, if she wanna head home, she said yes.. Asked her, 'what can u do if u go home? Do u wanna send $ back instead?'

My this maid is good but very emo.. I can't speak too harshly Cux she'll take it too personal. Sigh. I jus started work, and now things happen. How to work peacefully? My hubby can't tolerate her crying and say wanna sent her back.. Sigh!

Hi mummies, went for today's taka sale! Good buy for diapers I can say! Bought 3 ultra M size for huggies. Shld stock up more..

Angie:- where is the fisherprice rattles? I didn't see it! Wow it was cheap! I gg tis fri to buy somemore.. Cos today brought baby out so can't buy much =x

Dolly: Haa ook I will tell myself that...

starfruit: that is good but soon after when they know how to crawl they wont wan to sit on the rocker?

Cloud: Guys always cant stand crying...but i think she seems nice le...maybe talk to her when she is more stable?

kaykay: u also didnt see? They are all hanging on the rack...at the fisherprice corner...wat did u buy ytd?

Angie i plan to let her sleep on it in the day when i go back to work. Main purpose is to ease my MIL when she take care of her. She can plc bb in the rocker n put rocker infront of the bathroom when she bathes or in kitchen when she cooks. So will be put to go use. Will convert to toddler chair when she can crawl so its ok. I have a few vert good reviews abt this rocker so decided to get even though its quite expensive. If it can ease n make it easier for MIL when i go back to work then it should be worth it.

Btw how big are the FP rattlers?

Angie:- I didn't saw ley, near where? Diapers side or pigeon that side?

Ytd I bought huggies diapers but bought 3only, becos I scare my boy oversize, was so tempted to buy over $120 cos of the toy guitar but ended up didn't cos not much space at my grandma place & he is still small to play that also.

Den I got some new teats, new soother pacifier, cute cow nightwears & other 6mths clothes for A. Only managed to spent $75 dollar..

Gonna go bk tis fri for more!

Starfruit: ohh u got the $399 one? Saw some promotor promoting tt...seem quite good....but exp! Abt the size of a palm? Can't upload pix using iPhone le if nt can show u...

Kaykay: seem like quite alot of good buys! Hope u can find the rattle tml.

Split: dun think so...dint see dry comfort ones

i'm going orchard for dinner tonite n thinking if i shld go taka to buy diapers n lug to my dinner place :p

star: ya fp rocker can use till toddler. mine was a gift fr A1's time and i think it was the best gift ever! juz tt now i cant find the 3 toys tt can hang on the handle bar [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

kay: u v gg! bring bb still can carry 3 packs of diapers

can mommies tell me if the diapers come w the pink stamps? if hv will be lagi gd to collect to exchange for more gifts

Hi, i have the following to give away but collection at pioneer mrt. pls pm me

1. S26 Promil Gold 2 400g exp 19 Jan 2012

2. Nan Pro 2 400g exp 30 apr 2012

3. Mamil Gold 2 400g exp 17 Aug 2012 & 3 Jun 2012

Angie no no i did not get the 4in 1 system that one too zhor dang not useful at at all. I dun need a toddler chair now nor a swing. Mine is the nb to tod rocker $100 plus.

Carol yeah gomna get MIL to get her to take one nap on the chair relief her of the carrying!

Dolly: Yes, I will try. Now desperate already. HB said we're already quite out of luck for this.

Maid: If cannot find nanny, my MIL tells me to leave bb at home alone with maid when i return to work. So easy for her to say when she is not even around to supervise the maid. In fact, a bit pissed that some of my things are missing or misplaced. She even took one of my tupperware container to put her hair accessories without even asking me! So far nothing valuable yet so i try close one eye...

Deon, bbppooh: Tamarind's maid blog is good for 1st time employers. I picked up alot of tips from there.

Cloud: Your maid repaid her loan already? maybe she'll be ok once she calmed down and you can talk her around. You probably need her more as you started working and not easy to hire/re-train a new helper.

Dolly: PEM responded they don't have... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Going out to distribute more flyers now.

Jenny, Preciousmom - Thanks for the tip and will try it out.

Little FLy - Thanks for the blog, will read it up as well..

BBpooh - Thanks for the luck. Good luck to you, both of us need it.

Mummies,

My girl is her 9th week going toher 10th week. Any growth spurt that I should look out for ?

I also realized that she is sleeping a lot lesser, is that normal ?

Thank you.

Mummies: I have been exclusively latching my girl partly due to laziness, now I need to return to work soon and introduced the bottle, she refuse to suck, sigh any experience to share? thanks in advance...

moo mum: i think some mummies had the same experience..i heard from a colleague you can't switch immediately..use 1 session with bottle esp when she's really hungry type..everyday continue using that session and gradually increase..u might have to try several teats to know which one ur girl likes....

Deon: yeap, my girl is also ard her 10-11 week and she's sleeping lesser in the day. it's normal..so long as she has 1 stretch of 3 hrs deep sleep i'm fine with it..in btw, i stimulate her by playing toys and reading her books.. she usually nap 45min-1 hr other than the 3 hr stretch after each feeding...

I need help..my freezer (and my sister's) is bursting with my frozen ebm..was thinking of renting a chest freezer instead of buying one..anyone knows of such rental huh??

also..now using mamy poko. was thinking of using huggies ultra in the day and mamy poko at night..any suggestions?

Hi V,

Thanks for the info...

I used mamy poko for night and huggies in the day. Mamy poko holds better and does not leak (especially for the night)

Deon: My baby just turned 10 weeks yest and is sleeping more. But he at most can take a 15min nap during daytime. Mamy poko can last how many hours at nite? I used dryers at nite and huggies in the day. Huggies I've to change every 3-4 hours and already very very heavy.

V: ur baby so good can sleep for so long. My baby other than the first mth, he has nv slept so long in the day before.

Today my baby started crying nonstop at about 2pm. Fed him also dun wan, carry also dun wan, sling also dun wan, sleep in yao lan also dun wan. In the end I latched him from 2.30 up to 5.30pm! After that I sneaked out to eat dinner while he fall asleep but he woke up after I ate about 2 mouth only. Then fed him FM and he fell asleep after drinking. Bring him into yao lan n he woke up crying. In the end carry him while he's crying and I eat my dinner at the same time. Now finally he's willing to sleep in his yao lan. Phew, what a day!

V - huggies ultra the( purple packaging) is very good can last thru the night, as good as mamy poko. Only the purple packaging is good. Why dun u try cheaper diapers for the day. I am using pureen premium, nepia n sealer for day.

Moo moo suggest u start bb on bottle at the 9 plus 10 pm feed. I wont recommend trying to intro at the evening feed cos bb usually are cranky n fussy in the evening. Get someone else to intro the bottle not u cos bb associate u with bm n will not take the bottle. Constantly give everyday even if she does not want. It may take a while. Wat bottle u using?

Starfruit: I tried starving my bb for the whole afternoon and she'd rather go hungry than take the bottle! She also doesn't like spoon/styringe feeds but at least some milk gets into her mouth. She simply refuses to suck on the teat! *headache*

U went out without your bb girl today? If so, how does ur mil cope with her feeds?

Sylvia yeah went w/o bb today. I left a 100ml bottle of ebm with MIL. My MIL has a lot of patience to feed her bottle. I went out at 1.30pm at 3 pm she cried MIL gave her ebm she didnt want n cried to sleep at 3.30pm she tried again n she took the whole bottle cos hungry lah. I realised tat she likes warm ebm if it turns cold she usually will reject bottle so now i make sure its sufficiently warm before giving to her. U can try to keep it warm cos our breastmilk is warm when they drink. Also i was thinking can u give her 2 oz instead of the 1oz which u try all the time cos i realised tat if there is too little milk in the bottle its more difficult to suck.

Thanks V and starfruit. Am using avent, and I have stocked uo quite a lot of avert bottles so would like to train her to take it, if really cannot maybe try pigeon or nuk. Thanks for the advice, got my mom to help today, hope can get better by the day.

Sylvia, seems like we are in the same boat, I read from baby centre that playtex bottles worked for a lot of people with similar prolems. You may like to give it a tryz.

Starfruit: Will try ur tip on feeding warm EBM tmr. Sigh my baby is really stubborn! If baby doesn't drink will u still feed till she drinks? Thanks for guiding me through this again and again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Moo mum: yeah, my bb has been rejecting bottles since 5 weeks old.. Hopefully u will have better luck than me..

I've tried playtex, nuk, tommee tippee, breastflow, pigeon but she rejected all! Sigh

Haiz. Baby seems to be sick again. After crying for whole day finally slept at 12am and woke up at 5.30 for his feed and refuse to sleep. Going to bring him to a doc later.

Moomoo, avent bottle does not resemble mummy's breast tat much, u wanna try nuk(latex teat), tommeetippee or pigeon. These teats are softer n may be easier for bb to try n suck.

Sylvia i have patience so will try up to an hr but if she major cry will stop pacify her to calm down n give again when she is not hungry. I always tell bb tat her reward for taking the bottle is tat i will latch her after tat.

starfruit: Mine too...started to reject bottle after mummy lazy and only latch on for a month...goodness shouldnt have do tt...super regret now...initially he is ok with bottle starting 3rd week...now like tt...i tried yours and val way...latch then immed switch but he v.smart...touch the mouth only cry alrdy...ohh no...very fan....

Maid: just an update on my mym maid, so far so gd more hardworking den my phi maid she auto wake up 6am to clean the floor and wash bb clothes b4 her breakfast so far only my run away indon maid n this mum maid so nice to wake up so early my phi maid all slp till 730am or later.. She also the only one that will auto vacuum my floor without me h

Telling the rest all just wipe n mop.. So far quite satisfy with her exept for communication problem

Deon: no prob..yea..using mamy poko now..thinking to switch to huggies ultra for the day and mamy poko at night..NTUC had promo at 20.60 and my MIL bought 3 pkts M for my girl..haha...

starfruit: coz my MIL looking after her once i go back to work and she's a nanny looking after another kid so wanna make things easier for her la..yea..i'll try huggies ultra when it's on promo..i no time to go NAC lei...

Jenny: thanks..i'm a 'sleeper' too..so every night when i was preggie with her i go to bed at 10-1030..haha.maybe she picked up from there bah...

Mummies: i've got NUK Latex teats size 1 S to let go..have 3 sets of 2s BN in packaging and 1 opened one..not using coz i switched to silicone for my girl...anyone interested i can let them go cheaply =)

Can i ask those with experience in hiring maids, what should i do when the maid first arrive? Check all her stuff, need to record down anything? My maid coming next tues.

Split: u are lucky! This maid sounds like a catch. Hope she can pick up English soon than can communicate better.

Bbpooh: yes check her stuff, handphone etc. Better to have house rules n what u expect her to do. Have to be firm upfront n don't feel bad about it. If u too easy going then later hard to correct.

bbpooh - best is get her to declare all her items at agency while u collect her. Get a pc of A4 paper to write down her belongings and get her to sign.

Before Tue, u must draft your house rules & daily routine or time table. Once she settle in your home, brief her the house rules & her routine. Ask her to acknowledge what u have told her..then u slowly train her on the daily chores.

Little fly yeah guess I'm luckier this time round but am still praying she don't turn bad after 6mths

Bbpooh agree with what apple said. Sound like the safest way.. I'm usually too lazy only this time I check thru my maid belonging and make sure she really no hp. But I nv list down for her to sign nv tot of that till now see apple post.. Gd luck in ur new maid

BBpooh - My maid also coming next week...

But I need to go back to work and can only take leave the week thereafter and coach her.

I got a copy of house rules from my friend as reference. Do you want a copy as reference and make changes accordingly.

If need, let me know I pm you.

Nicole,d bb fair sell ultra fr m-xxl at $10.90. Seems tat they also change d pull ups version at $12.95 so I bought some to try

I duno if apply to all ntuc or only khatib,ultra d bigger pack (eg:xl-48pcs) selling at $17.25.(taka fair xl-30pc)

Moomum: This is the reply I got from the seller, pls let me know if u r still keen? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

"HI, i get it directly from manufactuere,  some have tag, some do not have...  quality not bad, so far i have alot of return customers"

Back