(2011/05) May 2011

morning mummies,

apple, have a safe trip.

I saw the photots on FB for the mummies who went for the gathering on fri.. wha all your tummy has expanded quite a bit since that last gathering hor.. heheh

we should gather again before we are due.

Morning All Mommies!

So tired today. I read that by week 23, we will be gaining more weight and bb weight will be doubled... Haz...

I intend to take MC on Thu & Fri cos my backaches are getting very bad and cause numbness on my calfs and feet liao. Cham..

Cant take from today till Wed cos gotta cover my colleague. She is on leave tomorrow. Today & Wed, she has meeting with clients. Sians!!!

Apple

Be safe and enjoy yr trip yeah. Eat more!!

Bluremon

I hope ML quickly come instead. Am getting very tired nowadays..

Dolly

I told my hubby abt ex-ACS boys. He was laughing away and say we all bey yao bai.. Heehee

starflower dun wory, this is the best time toget fat! hahah its lucky that we are not due on CNY if not, i will cry cos all the goodies cannot eat.. hahaha.

My #1 came out on the 15th day of CNY, so i was feasting all the way till i give birth on that day!.. hehehe

Morning Mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Apple, enjoy yr biz trip and take care [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

vv, me also hving cramps but at my right hand... fr fingertips right up to the arm... find it a chore to use chopsticks to eat now as I try to use it and the hand will cramp till i massage till better.. rather eat w spoon or go for burger food nowadays... doc said tat bcos of pregnancy, the air pressure is pressing against the area ard the waist (i also got this problem during my no1 and took me nearly 1 yr to recover.. for this time, not sure how long it takes)... very sian.. dun even hve strength to hold knife/chopper to slice meat/vegs too...

apple : have a pleasant & smooth trip.

vv : oh... well, my hb didn't mentioned much...

went for my regular check-up on sat, lost 1kg maybe its due to my gastric.. can't eat much..

morning mummies...

a fresh week [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] went for the 1st mums' & dads' congress. quite interesting, especially the sharing by mrs wong boh boi on breastfeeding. a good learning for the hubby as well.

dolly, it seems that cramps (whatever area) seems to be common and unavoidable during preg.. i heard fr my sis tat she also got cramps ard her hands during pregnancy.... my gynae prescribed me a cream to ease the cramp and I'm totally depending on it now.. sometimes at nite, i can woke up due to the cramp and applying cream on it... when it wears off, i up again... i dun seem to be able to sleep well nowadays... now tat even typing on keyboards also gives me cramp... clicking on the mouse also needs abit of strength too... hope it will go off soon... *sob*

joycep, Mrs Wong Boh Boi is very good.. last time used to attend her pre-natal class.. really learn alot fr her plus her books (till now still keeping it and it's my survival guide during my confinement too)

Auroa/Dolly

I think am experiencing this as well. My butt bones aches very badly recently. Now, I feel like chopping my back off lor.. Cos backaches plus butt bones pain... Since last weekend till today, Im so lethargic and getting very pek chek...

I cant sleep well. I woke up 2am, 4am, 5am and then cant sleep liao at 6am, prepare for work.

Dolly

Its ok la, sure will put on a bit more weight as days go by. You will 'recover' de. :)

Joycep

Wat Auroa said is right. Wong Boh Boi is really good. I heard a lot of good comments from my previous forum frens. Thumbs up!

Good morning mummies~

Its monday again.. =D

vv:- week 23 gaining weight & bb double weight?? Imma in my 23weeks now!! So looking forward to bb double weight!!

dolly, i think so too leh.. the pain getting intense too (1st pregnancy still ok and tat time i'm still working and typing everyday.. still can use chopsticks to eat)...this time round, the pain cannot tahan till i hve to use lots of cream on my entire right hand... i hve abit of backache and shoulder pain but still bearable.. only the right hand really feels like chopping it off (same feel as vv)..

btw, my girl due to prolong coughing and unable to cough out the phelgm, she's hving lung infection on her left side... last fri got fever and now on meds (also seen chinese sensei for massage).. getting better but still unable to cough out the phelgm.. when i carry her, my cramps comes on... so scared tat i will drop her.. arrugh...

morning ladies. =)

serene,

wah. 3weeks only gain 600g. tat is gd. i will be seeing my gynae this week. watever i gain now will nt be used to top up for the weight loss in the past le so i am praying hard the weight gain on me is nt alot. hehehe.

starflower,

if ur gynae says 7kg ok then ok la. dun worry too much =)

apple,

safe trip =)

vv,

nt bad u still can plan for mc. i oso feel like taking mc but v hard...

u wake up at nite coz of the aches, i wake up at nite coz i need to go make milk for my boy and also to the toilet...at least 2x toilet visits per nite Z_Z

dolly,

when u are better, eat more to make up for the weight loss ba =)

auroa,

hope ur gal will recover soon.

vv:- yea my butt bones & back aches badly for the last week.. Till now it still ache & I can't sit in one position for long, will 'SUAN' & very hard to mobilise likedat.. Need adjust & keep changing positions if u r sitting in front of the computer for long hrs..

Do u also experience 'bone click' sound when u adjust or walk & change direction?? I wonder what's that.. Isit bone start to loosen.. ....

Val

I have to leh, cos Im feeling quite bad nowadays.. Dunno why le. Getting tired and pek chek very easily esp with my boy. He is getting more & more notti.

Oh my, u must be very tired too. I woke up early today and prepared for work liao. Too early so I sat on the sofa, dozing off to sleep. Haz... My boy kept jumping n pushing me.. So Pek Chek lor.

Kaykay

Yeah u should gain some weight soon. I guess cos bb putting on weight and hence uterus stretching. Yes, our bones/ligaments are start to loosen and nerves also start to swell. But the clicking sound may be your bones sounds like we normally 'crack' our fingers/feet. Should be fine de.

Auroa

Hope yr girl recover soon. My boy also down with cough and alot of phlegm... Guess too much sweets and tats why. Haz.

vv,

taking mc frm gp or gynae? if u nd the rest, just go ahead and take so u can rest well =)

hmm..i am starting to get more tired easily n pek chek as well...nt only to my son but to my hb...my son getting more n more notti...feeling abit bad towards my son n my hb la...esp this week is my hb and mine wedding anni...

ya...feeling tired too...and worst thing is, i thot weekend i can slp in abit longer but u know wat, i woke up at the same timing as weekdays -_-''' think my biologic clock is tune to this timing so i cant even slp in on weekends.

hahaha. ur boy so early bird ah? i have to bug my boy to wake up then quickly clean and change him for sch and me for wk =P

vv, hope yr boy recover soon... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

val, my wedding anniversary also this week, this Fri and it's 10th yr liao... hubby said tat he booked 2D1N at westin hotel to stay.. lately i also been throwing temper at hubby and my girl.. not sure whether it's the hormones but i can't control it...

auroa,

so coincidental !!!mine oso this fri. hahaha. But mine 4th yr nia, still a long way to go =)

ur hb so romantic le...book 2D1N hotel stay. just the 2 of u or with ur gal too?

same here...i am nt sure if its the hormones or wat...but for sure it wasnt this bad during my 1st preg...

val, congrats to yr 4th wedding anniversary... we bringing our girl along.. he booked dinner at equinox (think spell something like tat).. he said his colleague suggested it so he thinks since hving dinner there, might as well book a rm to stay overnite... ya, agree, 1st preg wasn't tat bad.. i not sure bocs now got no1 (very noti) and coping w current preg tat leads to mood swings.. hve tried to control it but sometimes it just "gets out of hand" lor.. arrugh..

Auroa, ur hb is so sweet.. i think i have not celebrated my anniversary in a long long time!!! oh mine coming too i think pak tor anniversary.. hahah end of jan. but then we usually look at wedding anni hor. go have a good time and enjoy yourself. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

vv:- yea vv, guess I shld work harder on gaining weight.. It feels like my tummy not growing much & somehow I feel my uterus growing horizontally, like my baby always lying along my tummy (head at one side, leg at another end). I tot they suppose to grow that the top of the uterus is towards our rib cage?? Its seems like my baby alrd had a habit of slping this way.. How bout urs??

Uterus expanding sideways..too??

Val; oh u only married for 4 yrs.. wow.. hahah i think my marriange damn long ago, maybe thats wy hb also dun remember already.. heh i ROM in 2000 customery in 2002.

auroa,

thanks and happy 10th anni to u and ur hb too =)

True lo, since having dinner there and its the weekend, may as well stay overnite, R&R =)

So far, my hb only suggested to go for dinner but he hasnt mentioned any place. I dun think he wanna bring our boy along le. hahaha. anyway, i havent plan or decide where to go for dinner too. like so bo xim ho? =P

Ya. think also our #1 at a very notti stage too. Cup with our hormones due to preg, tired frm wking and also handling #1..At least for 1st preg, we are the queen...now we no longer queen liao but slave to the little ones lo. hahahha. anyway, our poor hubbies just have to bear with it for another 4++mths =P

starfruit,

hahaha. yes, only 4yrs le. my rom and customary all on the same day =)

Val

Congrats to your Wed anni :)

Yeah, my boy is always very early de...

I think we are in the mid of our 2nd trim, already so tired. Cant imagine come 3rd trim. Haz...

Yea, I feel very guilty towards my boy too. So sometimes I will sayang him and hug him after scolding him.

Auroa

Your hubby very sweet leh!

Kaykay

You will see the sudden pop soon lo around 6 to 7 mths... Yes, mine also like tat. Sleeping sidesway... but always changing position de leh...Yeap, my abdomen sides are very painful now liao & feet getting numb feeling...

kaykay, the baby is still small so lots of space to move around our uterus. u dun have to worry. they will move into position eventually.

Starfruit

Talk about position. Hope this time #2 will engage her head faster than my #1. My #1 last min then turn his head lor. I already booked C-Section Ward liao at then.

Today so quiet....

Tmw I cannot log in liao cos my colleague on leave.

Later I will go Tampines One to have lunch - Hokkien Mee.

hi mummies,

has anyone tried ordering confinement food for the duration of your confinement?

please share your comments and which companies are good/bad/neutral/etc

not getting a confinement lady so thinking abt signing up for confinement food delivery.

vv,

thanks =)

ya lo..nw already so tired, 3rd tri lagi worst lo. By then, i think most cant wait to pop. hahaha.

Yes, i will also sayang n hug him aft scolding him and i will also try to explain why la. So far, he still ok, still v sticky to me. hahaha.

think our uterus expanding thus abdomen pain? me too feeling painful le...and sometimes i feel sudden hardening of tum tum...will ask my gynae abt it this week.

oh, hope ur #2 will be gd. mine engage quite early so i hope #2 will engage early too and let me have a natural deliver as like #1 =)

i just came back frm doing knowledge trf with my colleage. he resigned on my 1st day back at wk...so sian lo...

dolly,

thanks! so quiet today ah? bz?

Val,

U calculate Rom or customary as anniversary?my friends n I was discussion abt tt during e last gathering.. Btw happy anniversary to u..

I also look towards feasting during cny..love letter n pineapple tart..

Serene,

thanks! my ROM n customary on the same day/date so 1 only have 1 date to rem and 1 calculation to do =)

Hi all, how's yr weekend? Did anyone attend the First Mums' & Dads' Congress yday? I thot Dr Chang and Mrs Wong imparted valuable advice.

Was shopping at Robinsons after the event, and saw bottle warmers from Avent. Like to check if a bottle warmer is necessary, and if anyone has recommendations on what to get, it'll be great!

val : well, i've a bad day today... had a nitemare this morning, followed by fogotten to brought my wallet and so busy covering my colleagues... haiz...

Moon,

bottle warmers are good but not essential..

for me it was useful cos i knew when my #1 would need his next feed so would prep abt 10 min prior to his feed...brand was pigeon with temp setting so just right temp for baby to drink milk at.

my sil would just pop her bottles into a bowl of hot water to warm up for my nephew. also worked fine...

=)

either way, still need to test temp on the inside of your wrist before giving to baby.

Pravina

I should be trying Natal Essentials. www.natalessentials.com

Bubble

Im not doing during CNY BUT Im so hard up to dye my hair actually cos some of the white hairs coming out. But my mom & frens warned me not to cos the chemicals will affect our babies inside. Haz. Advisable not to do la. I decided to lun until give birth and after Confinement then colour lor.

VAL

I had the same hardening too; I thought its some kind of braxton hicks (false contractions). Kinda painful.

Thats why now, I dunno if I can still wait & tahan until MAR Taka Baby Fair a not leh.. Maybe I cant wait that long to top-up baby stuffs cos maybe too lazy/heavy to walk by then. Unless I bring my maid along with me la. But sian ma, I dun like to shop with another person beside me like tat, so weird. Haz.

I always envy other Mommies' babies engage their heads early... My fren's babies; particularly engage by 6th mth. Very fast de. So nice & shun-li.

Oh u must be feeling very sian. So now tat this colleague is leaving soon, u will have more work to do? Issit a lot of work to hand over?

Dolly

I missed your post.

***PAT PAT on your Shoulders***

Okie, forget abt your nightmare ok. Tonight u will have a sweet dream. Tmw will be my turn to cover my colleague, sure very busy and cant log into SMH too. Haz. Tonight I will bring her notebook go home, have to do her work otherwise, tomorrow morning I will 'die' man! Her work is alot one de. Haz.

moon,

i do use bottle warmer but its only useful when like wat pravina has mentioned, when i know the timing of the next feed and i will prep in advance. just put it in and set the right temperature for it to warm up...however, sometimes if baby ask for milk early or i overlooked the time, then i will just use a big bowl of hot water to warm up. bottle warmer will take some times.

bubble pearl,

nope. i didnt do any coloring. my hairstylist actually asked me if i wanna permed but i dun la...so i just did a trim. wait till i pop then will go perm =)

dolly,

hope ur nitemares will go away soon. when will ur colleague be back?

pravina,

i also suspected is contractions BUT i think its kind of too early liao le although its nt tat frequent la. Will check with my gynae this week. Thanks =)

vv,

yes. its painful and i do think its the contractions as per my previous exp la BUT dun u think its too early to exp this?

Hmm..mayb u draw up a list of things u need to get. then on n off any fairs u see and if price reasonable just get lo. for the taka baby fair, mayb ask ur hb to go if u have the list already. or u just tag along and ask him to grab while u sit 1 corner n wait for him and make sure he brings them to u for checking before going to the cashier?

ya..i am indeed feeling v sian with my colleague resignation...frm 3man team to 2man and now he resign, my boss will get someone in closer to my ML...which is like only 4mths away...so meanwhile, i will just have to cover everything on my own lo..i duno hw he expects me to do it la...mayb he thinks i am superwoman...but shall see how it goes...

dolly,

hang on la. she will be back tml le. now 3pm le. another few hrs to go and u can go hm le. jia you =)

Vv:- yea, abdomen sides v pain.. Maybe walking helps?? Or is walk too much??

What sudden pop at month 6 & 7?? U mean our belly??

Engage got so early as 6months?? Den engage le wun change position mahs??

Back