(2011/05) May 2011

2ww,peanut is a big no no.tho it's full of vitamin but it's allergen.ESP if u have family history of asthma,eczema.muz avoid.egg whites also no til at least 1yr old. Ur bb weight is ok.mine is 25percentile.no worries,as long as they r growing well

2WW, better dun give raw fruits to bb now, only intro raw fruits when they are closer to 9 mths. cos raw fruits may have bacteria that their tummy cannot handle.

Mummies, TGIF!

Jenny: Good to know both u and bb getting better. I heard elders say that cannot praise bb even if they are guai. And cannot bring bb to look at mirrors but they didn’t explain why. One mummy taught me before to dilute Heinz juices with water.

Vicki: Maybe you or your hubby can alternate in sending/fetching your baby to reduce the hours sometimes? if u bbsitter decides to quit, no point to retain her coz i feel better to search for one who can fit your timing and develops bonding with your bb. I send my bb around 830am and usually fetch him latest by 630pm. She usually finishes her housework by 8am and cooks only 630pm so our timing kind of fits her need to still provide for her family. She even bought a new walker for my bb even though he’s not even 5mths but i think she also cannot tahan my bb who doesn't want to lie down/play bb gym now.

Starfruit: Nan HA is bitter. Both my boys are used to it already. Other milk powders are sweeter and more savoury.

Val: wonder how you adjusting as SAHM? You got 3 kids right?

Deon: Don’t stress over work. It never finishes! After my work hours, I totally switched off liao to rush back to see my darlings!

Mickyboy: Dryer is same like ironing dry the clothes. I don’t really like dryer coz the clothes will get quite crease and usually don’t last very long. But it saves time/effort if ironing is not an alternative. For me, I try to get bb clothes out to sun dry as much as possible to kill germs…

Mimosa77: If we peel the apple and steam it, would it get oxidized /decolorized?

Hayashi, Pinkydap: Welcome! I lost track of the thread.

Minossa: I know who u are liao. Yah, that's me and my husband. So qiao. If I knew its u I'll ask u on the spot how to ku jing! Ur boy is so cute, I told my husband ur boy got lotsa hair. When is ur boy born in? Looks bigger than mine, so u got see us feeding and him crying without drinking? That time is already more than 3 hours from his last feed.

I tot orange is nice coz I love orange flavor sttuff! Thanks for the link I'll look at it when I am home later.

I find the doc very good in diagnose baby. And she seems very knowledgeable unlike all other pds I went to but she's definitely the most exp one!

Little Fly: Thanks. Cannot look at mirrir? I read websites they say baby loves to look at mirror. I bath my baby in front of e mirror everyday in the toilet then he will turn over and smile to the other baby. Everyday I will say so coincidence hor, everyday same time bath as u then he will smile very happily

mickey: I usually wun praise baby but my husband will always say good boy. Last time baby drink milk very fast and good then my husband big mouth tell him to drink slowly, then he really drink extremely slow. Scold my husband but he dun admit its his fault

starfruit: cooked apples caused constipation? Ever since I fed my baby apple puree, even though he only took very very little, he pooed so many times like at least 4 times each day and the poo is exactly like what I gave him and its very smelly too!

Littlefly: ya i oso heard b4 that babies cannot look into mirror. ya usually, the elders wont tell u the reasons, but just want u to follow blindly, haha...

re: dryer

it seems that got different views leh. some say it is not killing germs like the sun, some say its the same? so for babies clothes, it is still better to sun dry huh?

littlefly, clothes will get quite crease, meaning i will need to iron rite? wont last long, why is that so ar?

starfruit, not all clothes can dump into dryer? can share what kinda clothes cannot dump ar?

mimosa, ya, i hate the bad damp smell too! sometimes we are not in time to wash my boy's childcare clothes then need to wind dry or use hair dryer to dry it. teachers will comment got the bad damp smell.. so paiseh. hence i feel we need a dryer at home, still in the process of persuading my hb to buy one lor.

Jenny: Yalor. on mirrors, my bbsitter reminded me again the other day. I asked her why but she didn't really want to say so i have to heed her advise lor coz she spends most time w my bb. My mum also told us before but we ignored her previously.

jenny, i think that kinda remark like 'good boy' ok ba. but cannot say 'wah u drink very fast hor!' this type, if not he will drink slowly next time le.

my hb used to call my bb 'fei zai' (fattie), but my mum said cannot ar, if not next time sure very thin one! haha, so u see if u wanna follow onot ar, my mum quite strict in this 'rule' :p

Mickeyboy: I used dryer last time in my hostel. My clothes will get 'hairy' over time and looks old/dated with dryer. Its like the spinning function in the washer. Delibrate fabrics of coz cannot use the dryer. But maybe now with new technology dryer is different... I will go for ironing if the clothes are still damp. Kill 2 birds with one stone. Heehee.

Jenny, yes wor. i think i also read some where that eating too much of apple will cost constipation due to their soluble and insoluble fibre.

My mum told me if bb look at themselves in mirror, they will start to recognise pple. so they will cry if they are carried by strangers or relative. of coz, this is old wives tales and dunno how true it can be..

vicki, as for the nanny's timing, mine i think hours quite long. coz she is actually my neighbour ar, so we will send bb to her at 7am (i need to go out by 710am), then fetch bb home at 8pm (to have some allowance for me to bathe and feed #1, if hb is not back in time). but we pay her $700, i think this rate is slightly higher rite? so she didnt really complain abt the long hours. so maybe u wanna increase her pay abit?

but of coz, if both myself and hb are home by 7pm.. we will try to fetch bb earlier, bcoz we can just take turns to do things le =)

wow little fly.. so what are you spreeing? saw your post, now my hands very *itchy*

2ww/jenny, i agree, i think apple will cause constipation. my #1 got constipation prob, and PD has advised that he should not take apples at all! but for bb, i'm not sure if it will be the same onot.... so i think, maybe give in moderation should be fine ba =)

ya littlefly, right, i have no mood to work today too! coz its FRIDAY! but there is a meeting later, argh, dunno y, fix meeting on friday, sianzzz [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

2ww: thanks! my MIL starts complaining that her wrist is painful already bcos of carrying him:p

and so far i didnt give him anything to eat other than my BM! haha... havent start solid bcos he just took e rotavirus oral vaccination, e PD told us to wait after two weeks then start... Maybe bcos i am eat alot?? so my milk more fattening? but my bb also a big eater too, when he just delivered, he can drank 45ml in e hospital already :p ur bb is a girl? usually girl is smaller in size de, as long as they are healthy and happy shld be ok de, dun worry lah =)

Starfruit: cannot give raw fruits ah? how abt banana or avocado?? i was planning give it to my bb wor.. hmm...

And i tot apple helps bowel regularity and prevent constipation?

Little fly: hmm.. i also no idea, nvr really done it b4, haha... e website nvr mention also.. maybe u try put a few drop of lemon juice into a bowl of cool boiled water, (few drop of citrus juice is ok, wont cause sensitivity according to e website)then put the apple in after u peel and before u steam?

you can get Bellamy's Organic Baby Rice from iHerb.com or SMH BP, iHerb cheaper but nid to wait, BP got ready stock but more exp [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ya, i also read from website saying bb loves to look at mirror, so i everytime bring him to look and he will be so happy, haha... did e elderly said what will happen if look already? :p

Jenny: I have PM u the 'ham giang' method liao, got it? anything not sure u can contact me ok? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

haha.. u saw my baby? thanks! ya, he got alot of hair, inherited from me and his dad :p but recenly start to have some bald patch at e back of his head, dun know y.. but doc said it is ok wor...

he borned in 19th of May, remem in fb i said he is next to ur baby, hehe.. ur bb also quite chubby le [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] what is his weight that day?

ya, i saw u making e FM for bb, but bb cried when ur hb trying to feed him, rite? after that i saw u carry him go inside or somewhere then didnt hear bb cry liao, was busy with my bb, didnt really know wat happen exactly [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

erm, did he drink alot on his last feed that time? maybe his last feed can last him more than 3 hrs? did he drink after seeing doc? But from what u said seems not likely... so does e probiotics work for him? got drink more milk today?

2ww: I'm have no discipline one. Think i over stock my elder boy's clothes for up to end next year! Die liao. I buy almost everything but mostly children clothing, both English and Chinese books. Sometimes spree items haven come yet, forgot what i ordered earlier and spree again.

Mickeyboy: me too..that's why now super no mood.

littlefly, u know what? for online shopping, i have a spreadsheet to keep track of my expenses. so i will know how much i have spent this mth, then i will tell myself i cant buy more le, just wait for next mth ba. and, bcoz of the records, i'll know what i have bought and still waiting for delivery, if by the due date, i nvr hear from the seller, i will send her reminder lor. i think it helps ar, maybe u can try this method too?

Mickeyboy: Yes, $700 is slightly higher than market rate. Will you add $ once bb starts solids?

Mimosa77: With all these exchanges,I am so tempted to let my bb try puree or solids but he don't seem ready yet. No interest in solids. ok, I will check out the BP. I thought maybe pharmacy got sell.

mimosa, ya my bb also has bald patch at e back of his head, and its not only one, got a few patches. really dunno y ar. i even ask my babysitter, did she shave my bb's hair? but not possible ma, y shave like this? haha, so i oso dunno y ar... but if its no harm, then never mind ba, just let it be...

Bcoz she is my neighbour, and she is also the one looking after my #1 until he goes childcare. We used to pay her $700 for #1 too... So we sort of agree, we will continue to pay the same even if bb starts solids. So for these first 6 months, we are paying her extra de. Hopefully by then, she wont wanna increase pay again... The market price is about $650 right? Or $600?

Ohya i have another qn for working mothers ar. what do u use to put the pumps and accessories ar? i am using a recycle bag currently, then i feel myself very aunty looking with that bag ar. Or should i use back the medela bag that comes with my freestyle? u ladies using that bag too?

well, i need to go prepare for the mtg le... wishing u ladies have a great weekend ahead! =)

I think market rate ranges from $600-$750 for normal 8-9hrs. I pay mine $600 but we intend to raise to $650 once my boy starts solids. We also pay her $15 extra if she cares for my bb overnights on our ad-hoc requests.

Mickeyboy,when u start solid,do u need to increase her salary? Mine current $600 but once start solid $700.is not 1 to 1 tho.she got take care of another boy for 11days. When I engaged her,already told her my timing le.n she is ok.no way for me n hb to alternate cos we both work in boon lay.even if I dun follow his car,I still rch yishun ard 7pm.

Lil fly,my bbsitter is ok for d past 2 mths. Quite like my gal. Hopefully my gut feelings is wrong.kind of worried cos I m changing job scope soon wic require night work. Bellamy I bought mine fr d smh bp cos all my nearby supermarket dun sell.but I tink certain cold storage does sell.

Vicki: Don't worry too much if she quite like your gal. If she wants to quit, she wouldn't take leave already. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Will you leave ur bb with bbsitter after vaccination? I think i will take leave coz scared bb will develop fever.

Little fly, my bb is also feverish after the 5th month vaccination so i took MC too... whaha

as for spreeing, think we should learn from MickeyBoy. Else spree till drop and ganna scolding from HB. Nowsaday USD very high. Tot of spreeing when it drop back to low 1.2. really tempted to buy so much thing online.

Mimosa, you really very good leh *full of Envy*. Me being sacked from my BM career about 1 month ago. partly due to i lazy and never pump regularly in office. But i pledge to be a good good mummy for my next baby and BF bb where ever i go!!!(dunno when la)

Hello mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] it's a rainy afternoon, feel so lazy haha :p

Dryer: I think for bb's clothes better sun dry, feels better n save electricity hahaha [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I think satin/silk material can't put in dryer, cos I dono n put everything together today and ended up my satin dress shrank plus "changed shape". So I sort of concluded that it's e dryer cos usually my satin dress I'll hang out to dry but this time cos of rain den use dryer.

Bald patch: my bb has it too, at e back of his head. since his hair not growing much, hubby n I decided to shave off [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] heard my sil say it's more of lying on his back that's y hair don grow there, and bb do drop hair like adults so end up bald patches.

Breastfeeding: yeh mimosa I salute u. I oso stopping bf soon, no milk and I nv engorgement or let down before. Since started bb on cereal, decided to quit bf. Same here 2ww, I oso hope when I have #2 I can bf better haha, hope not pian1 xin1 :p

Finish my meeting...

2ww: Its a good approach to track our sprees. Thanks Mickeyboy. You are a very disciplined mummy! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My bb eats his fingers all the time now. Saw mummies getting sophie on FB. Now i regret not ordering it earlier. Its selling quite ex here for a teether!

Anyway, weekend is starting! yeay....

Little Fly - I got sophie but my girl do not like it. I think she not very sure how to go around putting it into her mouth... ha ha .. She will get angry if it does not fit into her mouth propoerly.

Spree: how and where u ladies spree huh? under e Spree section of SMH? i nvr really spree b4, haha... v lousy hor? i only bought things from BP and WTS before, or online shopping directly from website :p

babysitter: my friend start putting her son to a 1 to 1 babysitter when he is 8.5 month, she paid her $600+$100(for food), older baby maybe eats more?

mickyboy: bald patch: my PD said it is ok, it will grow bk later, so dun worry ok? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

2ww: dun say that la, i feel paiseh :p bcos alot of mummies here also still on BFing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i was nearly giving up de, not only my mil keep hinting i shld give him FM, but also bcos my supply drop after i come bk to work. Lucky I learn alot from e mummies here when i was doing silent reading, finally my supply able to increase abit although not as much as before but at least enough for my bb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Stephanie: won't be biased la, hehe.. i believe Kor Kor also want his di di / mei mei to get good food right? =D

Little fly: my bb loves to eat his fingers too! i find it very cute leh! like very delicious like tat, i always ask my bb:' wah, so yummy ah? can mummy have some also or not?' haha... But sophie is cute too! he will 'kiss' her so hard! so violent! lol...

ya, yeah!! time to go home soon!! weekend is coming!!! =D

lil fly, i usually bring them for vaccinations on sat unless appt fully taken up then no choice take leave on wkday for d jab. but oni on d day itself.

i gave pacifier/teether to my gal but she dun like. still prefer her thumb, esp left thumb

Mirror: No wonder, my baby already started to recognise pple, so those babies who dun see mirror wun recognise pple? Just now I asked my mum she say yah its true. Then I ask y she nv tell me and she say she tot I will no. Too late to save the situation.

Mimosa: Yah, I got it liao. Thanks. I latched baby at 11am+. But even if he drink from bottle less than 4oz he also wun drink again at 3pm. So the lady who helped me pick up the milk bottle is ur mum? Or ur mil? Oh ok, I rem that post but nv notice the name. My baby was 64cm and 7.4kg that day, how abt urs?

I went in the room to latch him for a couple of min. When I came out my husband told me the doc is here already. Btw ur baby also took quite long inside leh, so think the doc nv rush lah. Haha. Maybe u're inside and nv notice the time. Luckily I'm second one to go in, I tot have to wait for everyone to finish before my turn coz no appt slots available anymore. Like that the jab u need to pay how much? Or isit a package? I read somewhere that pte doc jab is very very exp.

No my baby nv finish, I just go home and pour away the milk. Now this tin of milk more than half is all throw away one. The probiotics till now is not working for him at all. He still refuse bottle. Just now I'm at my mum's house then he cried and my mum insisted that he wanted to drink milk. When he see the bottle he scream even louder. Haha.

Mummies, I'm having hives aka feng mo. I'm dying from the itch already. Yest also got it at abt 7pm and couldn't slp until 1.30am I went to eat the yellow color flu medicine which can be used to ctrl the itch before I can slp. Today also same thing at 7pm but even worse than yest! Now both arms, both legs, thighs and tummy all full of the rashes. Going to pop medicine again after latching baby later. Haiz. Tell my husband he everytime lie down on my bed after coming home without bathing he kpkb and say not that cause. No matter whether its the cause anot also shld not lie down on bed without bathing mah.

Now I understand why baby scream when he had it last mth, its so itchy!!!

Jenny, seems like you ate something that you are allergic to. What did you you eat yesterday and today?

I've gotten such a reaction before, and it was to sotong. It's not a food that I am allergic to all my life, now I also don't get a reaction when I eat it. But at that time some years back I was allergic to this food. When I consulted a TCM doctor, she said that it could be due to hormonal changes or stress.

So you need to find out what is causing the reaction. It may be food you were not allergic to. It's important because if the reaction happens in your airway, you will be breatheless.

Hi WT. I think its salmon. I ate it first time in my whole life but I tried an extremely tiny bite and in the evening, I started having rashes then I got itchier and itchier till all my hands and legs are full of it. Yest even worse, even tummy also have. I'm so scare of tonite, I hope its gone for good.

Today bought baby to GP, second visit to doc this week. Now its his cough with plemgh (is that the rite spelling?) I do have cough syrup but its for dry cough and the plemgh is irritating him. Poor boy, only 4 mths and fell sick so often. And also going to bring him to ask god tmr for his feeding prob. Hope everything will be settled.

Fed up with my husband, purposely try to pick a quarrel with me again. Everytime the same thing, already told him baby have to try the same new food for 3 days to test for alergy then he purposely must ask and ask. Then he insisted baby can't slp well coz fan is too small so give him a big fan ritei n front of baby. I told him cannot liao coz wind might enter his tummy or he might caught a cold. He told me bullshit stuff that his mum house fan is bigger but pls lor, his mum only on speed 1 and he insisted no. Then last time baby diarrhea might be coz his mum fed baby water from unwashed spoon and cup then he insisted his mum got wash. Then today I say maybe she nv sterilised he insisted got. Today go his mum's house I saw with both my eyes that she took a cup and spoon from the cupboard without washing and fed her granddaughter lor.

He always like that, everyting his mum's one is the best. Even prawns my mum buy for us exactly the same as his mum buy one he must say his mum buy one is bigger and sweeter. BTH leh, mummy's boy. HAIZ. Now baby not well keep crying already make me very vexed, still got a big baby keep trying to make me angry and still got the cheek to say I keep picking on him.

Mimosa, raw fruits only intro after 9 mths. this includes avacado and bananas.

Mimosa, Jenny, yes cooked apple causes constipation. u use can give to bb or children are having diarrhoea. Its raw apples that helps in bowel movement.

Mickeyboy, the medela freestyle bag is too small for me. so i use my Lesportsac bag, its big enuff to hold me tupperwear with my pump parts as well as my FTG. but very heavy to lug so many bags to and fro every day.. sian!

Hi mummies,

I have the following to exhange for Enfapro A+ Stage 2 (400gram).

1) S-26 Promil Gold Stage 2 (400gram)Expire 23/06/2013

2) Friso stage 2 (900g) Expire 2/6/2013

3) Dumex Mamil Gold Stage 2 (400g) Expire 13/05/2013

4) Nan Pro Stage 2 (400g)Expire 2013

Can meet up at Boon lay MRT, Choa Chu kang MRT by

appointment on certain days.

Pls PM me if you are keen, thanks!

What a good start.. This morning, my #1 cried terribly when i left for work. In the end, have no choice but to send him to sch myself (normally its my hb who sends). Its just downstairs actually, but obviously this will eat into my time. In the end, i was late and ran for 5 min to chase my transport (uncle wont wait if he nvr see us at the bus stop)!

Then, when i reached office, the lift broke down, in the end i need to climb the staircase to level 6!

What a good exercise in the early morning of a BLUE monday... argh

Mickey - Like you said, it is good work out in the morning.. Don't get affected, if not; whole day will be spoilt [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummies who need to send kids to childcare, how u do it? it has been 6 months, but still, every morning, #1 still struggles to gonna sch. it's a fight-and-scream session everyday, sometimes really tiring and heart pain. as a working mum, i hope i can earn more and ease the financial situation, can provide kids a better life. but this also means that #1 will need to wake up at 6+.. i feel so "xin teng" when i see his panda eyes, sigh...

he seems happy playing with his frens at sch, but how come every morning he still scream and cry like this? is he just feeling insecure or upset that daddy & mummy have to go to work, and send him to sch? or we shd seriosuly think of changing to another sch?

Jenny - How are you feeling ? Being a SAHM is not an easy job, you ahveto take care bb, do housework and take care of bb..

It is inevitable to feel unapprecaited and fustrated. I salute you that you can be a SAHM.

Maybe you really need to take a break at times, go out and run your errands and do some shopping. Take a break, it will be good for you.

As for your hubby, I guess with a bb; it is different. Life is different with a bb, husband and wife will argue over bb. A lot of communication is needed, talk to him.. Find a day where both of you are in better mood and work things out. It is never easy but we just have to keep trying.. Hang in there [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

Feel free to rant so that you do not bottle up your feelings.

Thanks Deon. Actually my husband and I quarrel a lot even before having a baby. He's the type of person who makes pple angry easily, even his mum and my mum are irritated with him.

Yest thought abt the things his mum said. Actually I'm quite angry with her coz she always anyhow say things and even when she's wrong, she will insist that she is rite. Like yest say baby last time always cry when outside then I insist on my stand and say baby nv cry when outside, he only cry at home. Its my own baby of coz I know rite? Then she say I anyhow say but I still insist then after thinking for a while then she realised its her own mistake.

Thought for a very long time and decided to ignore her coz I think she got split personality, slight mental issue and serious bossiness!

Back