(2011/05) May 2011

I use the mustela Shampoo for NB tay suppose to prevent cradle cap too. Its foam so i apply on hait n shampoo before rinsing.

Actually mummies we should use paraban free shampoo for our kids lah. I suspect mustela is not pataban free.

wah!!! gathering again... miss the vivo one... hope i can go for next week one!!!

viman: i use tollyjoy one...

sharon: i use pureen one... me just squeeze once into a bathub of water... never rinse...

dolly: ya i noe chubby baby...maybe can try tummy time longer? Train his neck...so fast preparing for CNY clothes le?

precious: actually i thk they look more like u le...maybe it's the smile...

cloud: ya lo i also think so le...the legs like very xin ku....no space for bb to move...but cradle really too tight le...his head keep coming out.

angie, has make him try tummy time... he cant lift his neck @ all [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] ya lor.. doubt i'll have time to shop for their clothes for the rest of the year... i can only online shop for my boy...

Thanks, mommies! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

The gatherings sound great, hope to be able to join one some day!

Does anyone know if bb doesn't poo for several days, does the milk intake go down? My bb has started pooing once in 3 days and since then drinks a lot less too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Angie: thanks.. Guess u r e only 1 said they look like me.. But I happy to hear tat [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

viman: my baby will make a fuss when drinking milk if he didn't poo for 2-3 days.. I tink their tummy is bloated hence, loss appetite to drink.. Dun worry

PreciousMom,

Thanks. I was getting worried cos her appetite went down by almost half! Every feed drink half then push out bottle. She doesn't even ask for milk every 3 hours like before, maybe once every 4 or 5 hours now. So just wait for her to poo I guess...

Hi mummies,

may i join this thread? I need some advices, my boy drinks formula milk at night but the amount of formula milk he drinks is not fix ie make 100ml for him he only drinks 60ml or 80ml then he falls asleep.

During daytime, he drinks 150ml. I feed him breastmilk and formula. Is it normal? I am very worried. Thanks

Sharon - I'm ok with gathering at the east too!

Haiz.. Think need to sell my babyjorn aly. My girl dun like it at all.. Tried a few times and she cried until her face red. Anyone interested?

Lemonkiss,

Welcome! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Beeastmilk is very dilute and easy to digest. Formula is not and so keeps baby full for longer. So it's normal for bb to drink more breastmilk than formula.

Hi Viman, thanks for the advice  . And my boy has the same poo poo problem as your gal. He will make fuss and difficult to pacify him. He will only poo poo once 2-3 days.hiaz don't know what to do. And he don't drink water.

re: east gathering

heehee ok, didnt know still have small % of east mummies :p

i can open up my plc if an are interested. Say perhaps 29/7 (fri) or 3/8 (wed)?

Sunflower: I am an east mummy too! Let us know when it will be convenient to meet!

Deon: Is ur baby better today? Poor mummy it must have been so difficult and stressful for u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I agree with other mummies that going out with the baby for a walk helps with sanity. My fussy #1 would be very well-behaved when I put her in a carrier/sling and head out to air-conditioned areas. Contrary to popular advice, I carried her a lot due to her high-needs and I never regretted it cuz she was very close to me even after I went back to work. After e fussiness ended, she became very endearing but with a persistent personality. It's a gd-bad trait cuz she will persist in solving problems, like wearing her shoes or opening zips until she succeeds, but will scream if she doesn't get what she wants. It's very tough to parent high-need babies but they are a joy to watch when they grow up. Jiayou k!

@sylvia:

re: east gathering

so sori, 3/8 i cant. lets do it on 1st wk aug? how bout 2/8 (tues)? non-east mummies are welcome to join too! (that is if you dun find it far.. keke)

SharonL,

for me, i dun soap the hair/body directly le. i will add to the water and i dun use alot of soap coz i dun rinse off aft that so i dun wan my baby to be soapy =P

angie,

hahaha. see how notorious my boy is =P

ok la, give him some credits, he was actually quite well behaved during the train ride there and aft we bid farewell to preciousMom and iloveparis. coz only left me and him so he no one to show off. =P

he is cute when he is nt notti lo! hehehe.

great! then u can start using the baby bleu pouch le. its really nice ho? =) i know FS also ordered it. =)

i havent gone on to kangaroo style coz my gal still ok with this current position and her neck still nt strong!!! she hardly can lift her head le...put her on tummy time to train her neck...end up she train her legs coz she end up moving fwd -_-'''

actually if u are using craddle, you can also let his head come out if its more comfortable for him and u.

preciousMom,

thx for ur kind words =) haha, cant wait to meet ur #2 le. My boy dun cry easily unless me alone with him. if my hb or my parents ard, he will put on a strong front.

must share tips with me how u handle ur #2 le.

cloudpoem,

ya lo, really peifu those with 3 and more kids, how u all handle!?!?!

aiyo, thx for ur compliments le, makes me blush. hehehe. i am just avg =)

lemonkiss,

welcome. like us adults, sometimes kids have better/lesser appetite as well. so long as not over a prolong period, pee well then is ok.

my gal dun poo everyday too. highest record: 6days didnt poo. if he is peeing ok then u monitor and see. if aft 7days still no poo and u are worry and cant wait for him to poo can bring him to pd.

Oh east side gathering cool!! But start work august so my vote is for end July .. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re hair shampoo, I think should be ok not to wash off bah right..since most mummies here also Practise the same..

Got this Gina ford book and she advocates various methods that are a bit different from what I have been taught or see people doing.. Thin I better read with many pinches of salt.

Val, my boss has 2 kids, grown up liao, in Uni. I v angry, I purposely put in my watsapps status, for all my vendors n her boss to c.. Haha..

Sleep thru: hope it is not 2 day series...Gerald has not been napping a lot these few days, so guess at night he will sleep longer?

I am also using J&J head to toe n I apply on the hair as well..

East side gathering: same as Sharon, prefer before end of jul as gog back work after ndp.

Evie, try bbjorn when she is not cranky?

Evie u can keep till bb is 3 mths when their neck is firm u can face them out they will like it. My ger cries in the bjorn n pouch too i am at wits ends now. All she dun like only like my arms. N my arms wanna break now.

Sharon i am reading gina ford too tried for my no.1 for no.2 trying to fit her in the schedule but cos of her acid reflux i gave up.

Val yeah u are good lah bring both kiddos out. I find ur D very well behave evefytime go out guai guai sleep in your pouch.

Lately i realised my ger dun like the pouch dunno isit she has gotta too big for the cradle hold position. Put her on my bjorn she cry and cry too. Really dunno how to bring her out. Headache lah.

Giving away EBM! Need to clear freezer space. Expressed in feb/mar when my baby was 2/3 months old. 20 packets x 360ml. Please contact me directly at 9114 5958. I'm not a smoker, but I do have the occasional drink. Thanks

Sylvia ya she 8 weeks liao tomorrow officially 2 mths on calendar! This 2 weeks she started fussing n crying when i pouch or bjorn her. Really hope its just a growth sprout. If not my pouch n bjorn go to waste man!

Val: ur D really trying to get attention when we were ard.. But tat is normal.. Mine wld hv been e same as well..hehe.. I totally agreed wif u tat they r cute when they r not notti lor.. Hehe.. No lah.. I dun dare to say I hv tips for u on hw I handle my #2 since he is still not 'tame' yet.. Haha.. I scold all day long most of e time.. :p thou mayb a few hrs of loving n hugging bah.. Hehe.. C tat u r doing a great job wif him.. U r a great mum! Jiayou for us!!

I do not know what is making her uncomfortable that she do not want to sleep and keep crying. Yesterday fuss the whole day and night was not any better. She will sleep for less than an hour and wake up. I actually gave in and started rocking her in yao lan but also cannot get her to sleep. I am quite sure it is not colic as the crying is different.

After milk, she just refuse to sleep. I thought it is the weather so I on the air-con for her. After sleeping in yao lan, she do not want to sleep in her cot. So I tried to put her in cot today as I on the air-con, sleep for less than an hour wake up crying. Transfer her to yao lan also do not want to sleep.

I changed her diaper and fed her, carried her and brought her for walk.. Still fruitless.. Now she is in the yao lan with both eyes open big big..

Her patten changes every week, hopefully it will just be for this week and next week will be better.

Just have to hang in there till she gets better.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bubblepearl and starfruit - thanks for the advice!! Maybe just need to try a few more times? Oh ya.. Heard that bbjorn is bad for groin. Is that true? And what's the max time we shd let bb be in bbjorn?

Bubblepearl..ur boss so bad.but u put status on watsapp oso power sia!

Can I juz cfm w u ah..u mention spaghetties at lvl 4 OC is spacious for prams?any idea if OC has nursing room? Cos I wanna post event on fb for nxt wed gathering..

Val, I read ur post saying when ur boi guai he is v cute but when he is notti, he is not cute..I wanna laff...lol..cos this reflects exactly like my gal..cos I feel secure n can sleep for longer hrs. but only when she is asleep or else...is not cute at all...lol

Do u mommies feed ur bb w water even if u all TBF? my bb doesn't like to drink water even if I add gripe water oso doesn't drink.is like she wil pretend to drink then pause n when u remove bottle,she wil spit out all d water.otherwise she wil choke herself.when she drinks ebm I nv c her choking herself.duh!!

Mudppie- My bb girl is on formula so more heaty and I do feed her water. Usually before her milk, about 20 ml.

Initally she do not like, will give 1 face and choked herself too.. Slowly slowly, she begins to drink.

Mudpie - my girl on tbf and I give her water.. She can drink up to 80 to 100ml of water each day. But it's spaced out between feedings. Ur girl very smart leh.. Think she knows that it's not milk

east side gathering: im onz!!! me stay @ pasir ris too!!!

FYI mummies: BHG Tampines got close door sales tis sat... regular items got 30% n sales items got 15% too!!

Mudppie if TBF no need to give water at all. The gripe water no need to dilute i give direct 1ml thru a syringe ( u can get from pharmacy) after tat i just latch on. Ur bm have sufficient water to quench their thirst. I prob will start giving water in 4th mth if she is well all these time.

Mudpie, I forgot to ask my colleagues to recee for me, I let u know tmr hor, but I just view the website , http://www.orchardcentral.com.sg/category_list.php?cid=23, its at level 4, but the unit like just 1 shop size..seems like not actual leh cos tunglok is quite big yet only 1 unit size. Nursing room ah, think got but dunno where. 313 I know for sure got at the top floor. PS swenson not advisable as quite crowded during lunchtime.

Water: same like evie, I also give water cos supplement w fm. 100-120ml a day..sometimes more if I'm not ard cos my mum will feed more water.

Evie, not too sure abt the bbjorn effect but my previous got one mummy start using it once his son is 1 mth n now he is 31 mth, dun see any prbl.

East side gathering.. can count me in! I'm also at Pasir Ris [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Any dates set? I'm ok on Mon and fri as my girl full day in cc. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Today bb very fussy on his drinking... drinks abit and doze off... i got so fed up tat i warmed up EBM and fed him... he's drinking abt 120ml and still not enough.. in the end, hve to latch him on before he doze off to sleep.

Just now trying to put him to sleep but he's drinking abit and playing/smiling and wants to continue to drink... so fed up! Leaving him in the rm before round 2.. sigh [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Deon: Just hang in there. How many weeks is ur baby now? My baby is better now and each morning, he will give me his widest smile when I talk to him. Afternoon will be a little naughty after his 15 min nap and at night as usual will cry before he sleeps. I'm sure your baby will be fine really soon. I'm not sure if you believe, I heard that its not good to wash baby's clothes after 4pm.

Milk: My baby is also refusing his milk today. He only drank 2oz then he will stop drinking but still cry for milk. The whole day he only took less than 15oz of milk but he kept wanting to latch on but I got no more milk. Dunno what's wrong with him. Really worried he might go hungry.

Jenny u will have milk bb quite good at getting milk out from our breast much better than pump. Suspect the latching is more comfort latching. Perhaps he is not feeling well.

stafruit, my bb luv bjorn..he will doze off easily while I walk him out using bjorn [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

he hates the MIM sling instead..maybe too tight for him to cradle inside. Today I bjorn him to NTUC near my hse, 1 aunty ask me is he 6 months old..OMG!!

sunflower, thanks... where's the venue? I see whether i can try to make it... latest by 12.30pm, i got to run to fetch my girl fr cc.

Water

I'm on tbf too. But many relatives are telling me to feed baby with water coz he still looks jaundice and has discharge in his eyes. My baby will test if it's milk or water. If it's water he will frown then stick out the tongue to push the teat out. I am worried in future on fm he won't take in water. So it's like a battle with him for the past 2 days.

Hihi mummies,

I can never log in regularly to post and read. I hv still yet to "routinise" my days. Sometimes wonder how each mummy cope and still hv time for herself.

Deon- my bb is slowly taking 105ml now. I m trying tonup his intake to 120ml. Yesterday took bb for medi check. He's 7 weeks now and only 4.8kg. But since he's born small, his weight gain is still good. but his blood count is abit low and I hv to feed him iron drops now.

Apparently it can help boost his appetite too.

Btw, hv u tried using white noise to calm ur bb down? I do that ESP at night when he fussed to sleep and all things won't work. So i on white noise and I works for me.

Mummies- do ur bb's head smells? I shampoo my bb's head everyday. But I still smell some stale sweat smell on his head. My pd says that it's milk smell but it just dun smellmlike that to me.

I missed the vivo gathering. Saw the pics on fb-- so lovely to see all mummies with bbs...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Saw some familiar faces too!! Hope theres another upcoming one at sengkang area and I can join [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Goofie: wad kind of white noise? My air con compressor keep giving out noise these days, it's irritating me but Bb sleeps well with it.. Haaaha! And ur PD actually count blood count for Bb? But y? Necessary?

Gathering:

Cant be attending much le. Starting work..

Bubblepearl,

Mayb ur boss pms =p

U steady la! I like! Hehe! Anyway, ur boss on ur watsapp nt?

I have nt been connecting to my watapps coz I dun wan my boss n colleagues to bug me!! Told them urgent SMS me and I will call them back.

Starfruit,

Coz she will wail before the gathering so pacify her n make her slp liao will be peaceful =) anyway, she is ok to stay in pouch only when she is slpping. Once she wakes up she doesn't wan to stay in there. So wat I do is I pop her head out of the pouch so she can look see ard n she be ok.

Dun think ur gal dun like the pouch due to the tightness coz she also wail when u put her in ur bjorn mah. Ur bjorn nt v tight right?

Preciousmom,

Thanks! I will jia you n try to do better in my parenting =) my hb was saying I so Short tempered how to b full time sahm for long...

Mudppie,

Hehe. They are angelic when slpping n smiling sweetly at us.

Re: water

I nv feed my gal any water at all. For my #1 I also didn't feed him any water till he was aft 6mths. And he totally reject/hate water for a v long time. Till date he doesn't like to drink water, have to keep reminding and nagging at him to drink.

Lj,

How u coping with lit A alone at hm? Everything gd? Hmm...wat color is the eye's discharge? Meimei used to have whitish eye discharge too and I didn't give her any water as well.

Re: bottle training

started my gal on bottle last mon for 1 feed per day. Sometimes she can drink quite abit of wat I gave sometimes nt...

Goofie: My bb also smell abit of stale sweat smell. But i did not bother it since we wash her in the morning and wipe down at night.

LJ: Is your bb eye discharge greenish? If so, no worry cos mine have it the other time also. Just need to wipe if off with warm water whenever you see it. After some time, it will go off by itself. My bb ger is on mostly FM and i do not give her plain water too. Spoke to nanny the other day and she ask why i am not giving since bb mostly on FM.

Clenching of fist:

I notice my bb ger like to clench her fist very tighly till the hand and fingers are cold. Issit common or normal? Tried telling her to relax and unclench her fist but it's not helping.

Back