(2011/05) May 2011

Hi vv,

Bor Bor Cha Cha is one of my favourite too....

For bird nest, not too sure where's the place as it was a gift from my mother-in-law but according to her the price is cheaper compared to outside as they are wholesaler and moreover she is a regular customer.

(think it should be somewhere in chinatown or oppsite kwan imm temple)

If u interested, will check with her and take a picture of the bird nest which she bought for you.

June

Ya, so nice hor. I would like to try to cook Borbor chacha myself. But I guess alot of work & effort is needed to make it very delicious... Somemore, not much pple eat at home, except me & my maid. My hubby probably only cook 1/2 bowl. Then cannot keep overnight cos of the coconut milk...

Oh okok, thanks so much on the Bird Nest!

Dolly

Wah it reminds me of one place I had eaten - one very BIG GONG before. I think its at No Name or Long Beach...

vv : oooh... we went to Long Beach @ IMM... then the staff there gave us a value added service, by helping us to knock down the "gong"'s shell... so we enjoyed the "gong" so much...

dolly - u make me drool..my hb told me he made reservation at Palm Beach this Fri to eat crab too! I wanna eat the big big crab. Count down to Fri coz I'm on leave..yea yea

vv - I think nyonya bo bo cha cha taste better..but very difficult to get 1 in SG. I remembered I tried once, but forgotten which nyonya restaurant le

Dolly, I bought the $280 per liang and they r having 21% discount and so I bought two liang. Didnt know poa seng is nt cheap. So bought the $40 per liang to try. Brew two pcs of bird nest last sat. It was so yummy! The sale person at toa payoh is much friendlier than the one at bedok.

June, my dad also told me to buy from the wholesale but don't k ow which store at chinatown does the wholesale. Anyone has any recommendation?

apple : heeheehee... just a suggestion, if you wanna eat black pepper crab, order a male crab... its gongs are super big size...

jerejoy : the birdnest that you get quite ex... they don't have the promo for buy 2 get 1 free? pao seng is indeed not cheap... that time i bought SGD50 per teal... wow... you brew 2 pcs.. isn't that too much?

dolly - yes, usually will order male crab for the bigger gongs. Mar is a good time to order female crab coz it the roe season

Dolly, they only hv buy two get one free for the 'yan bin'. My dad told me yan zhang is better so I bought the more ex one. Ya, didn't know pao seng can be so ex. I tot it's a few dollars only. Hehe!

Oh, I love crabs too. Shall order the male ones. I like the crabs from jumbo at east coast.

apple : thought it's during the autumn season, then it's the female crab with roe? coz we always order female crab during these period with lotsa roe in it...

jerejoy : oic... ya lor... unless you buy the roots of the ginseng... then it'll be few dollars.. but those can only be good to consume as ginseng tea...

dolly - restaurant told us best is Mar, then follow by Sep wor..I also not too sure, coz I cannot take too much roe especially the red color one, too rich hehe, but my girl likes it very much.

jerejoy - yan zhang is very ex, that's normal. I think those pre-pack in the box will cost like $500+/- [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] pao sheng has grade too if not mistaken. Weekends I bought baby abalone fr fu hua too coz they have 21% promo and I made steamboat last nite.

apple : think so bah... coz my PIL luvs crab... so we will have crabs when any of the family members celebrate their birthday... so only during sept, there are lotsa crab roes...

vv,

I perpetually crave for spicy/sour food and I'll be expecting a boy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] lol

Hi mummies, sorry couldn't join u guys on Fri. Was down with sore throat and cough.

Look forward to join u in the next gathering [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dolly, ya. I tot they r the same initially. Haha! Doesnt know much abt chinese herbs. Think after a few times of buying, will be quite familiar with them cos paying with own money. Keke.

Apple, ya. Really ex but worth it. I find they taste much nicer. Enjoy yr crab feast later. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xuanmin,

I actually sort of felt it was a boy from the start. Mom's instinct? Heh. I don't have a preference as long as baby is healthy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Im the girlish type so that means my baby won't be able to inherit my entire Hello Kitty plush toys collection. Lol

dolly, vv, melody, i so envy u all can take all these yummy spicy food, i still having heartburn n gastric discomfort, though i also crave for spicy food, but ... Haiz

Ashley

My baby's gender is not known yet, quite excited to find out cos it's my 2nd[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. And no worries abt ur Hello Kitty collection, you can leave it for ur future gal[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mei

Me also having gastric discomfort still despite now in Tri 2..sometimes got burping reflux, very uncomfortable too..

Hi, anyone interested in getting medela freestyle US set? Gave birth recently so Only use for 5 days but i gave up bf.. Willing to let go at $400. Self collect at TPY. Pls pm me.

looks like many crab lovers here too, shall we also plan a outing to eat zhi char, then order many crabs? Haha

I love crabs, but had not eaten since i got preggy, cos crab is a very liang (cooling), but since we all already in second trimester liao, shldnt be an issue liao, shall we?

xuanmin, do u have gastric prob before u preggy? i use to have sometimes before preggy, donno is this y my gastric gets worse since i preggy, my mil keep saying must be like this, cos she said my sil no gastric prob as she also preggy, but i got so much prob

Morning Mummies!!!

Mei/Xuanmei

I wasnt able to take spicy foods initially as well due to my bad MS in the early trimester. But because I dun have much appetite, I tend to crave for very spicy and "heavily-tasted" foods... Dun worry ya, very fast your discomfort will be over and you will be able to indulge in the foods u like soon :)

Mei

Usually certain sickness will/may become worse during preggy. If u have gastric problems, then try avoid sour and spicy foods yeah.

Dolly

This week I work 4 days in Office. But time like pass so slow like that... Friday am gg for appointment and on full day leave. This month like bo mood work like that leh. Holiday mood like that.... Hows yr work nowadays? Boss ok to u le mah?

Apple

Hows yr seafood feast last night? Heeheee

Ashley

Congrats and thats good! Dunno if really food cravings have any link with gender eh... But I also have the same instinct like you also. However, I wish for the opposite eh... :p

Morning mummies!!!

I am back to work after resting 1 week at home last week.

A lot of email and work to play so on can come in on and off..

Melody, congrats!! You and me same same, both #1 & #2 are boy.

Anyone of your taking Cordyceps?? I thinking of getting this instead of birdnest...else getting both is kind of ex or maybe take alternate month...

vv : times slow here @ my work place too... boss so far so good... maybe i don't really bother about him since i'm already confirmed... ya lor... me too no mood to work.. so looking forward to x'mas & new year...

apple : ya... how's the crab yesterday nite..

wayne : welcome back... how are you been? i'm taking birdnest instead of cordyceps...

Dolly

Ok la, dun bother about yr boss liao. Now impt is your end, have a healthy & happy baby. Me also si beh sian. Actually come to think of it, we only have about 20-22 weeks more to go only yeah... like so short, yet so long hor as if..

Dolly..hubby ask me to take cordceps instead of birdnest...I used to take both of them alternate month...mum also say take cordyceps can liao..maybe just buy a bit of birdnest.

My tummy is heavy and if I stand up suddenly, tummy will feel uncomfortable...

Today very sian, all my lunch kaki not ard, gotta lunch alone.

vv..I still have 24 weeks to go...still so far away..

Dolly

Ok la, dun bother about yr boss liao. Now impt is your end, have a healthy & happy baby. Me also si beh sian. Actually come to think of it, we only have about 20-22 weeks more to go only yeah... like so short, yet so long hor as if..

Wayne

Yeah... When I look @ it, it seems like so short time only. But actually its quite some time... Counting down.. So whats for lunch today? How come yr lunch kaki not in today?

Dear jerejoy/vv,

As requested, have attached the picture of the bird nest from the wholesaler which my MIL bought. This box is about 300+gram. She bought a total of 600gram and the cost of each teal is about $137.50.

Preparation is easy: soak the nest for 4 hours, use a small slow cooker add a bowl of water, a hard boiled egg and rock sugar. If you find it too liang u can add pao seng and hong zhao.

dolly, wow, din know that male crabs got bigger gongs... next time must order male crabs...

me also loves eating spicy and stronger taste food since pregnant... but my girl dun take spicy food so cannot cook at home... so when going out to dine, i will order spicy food to satisfy my cravings but too strong, my tummy cannot take it.. haiz..

if organising eating chilli crabs, count me in.. i miss eating it and esp dipping it with the buns to eat... feel like eating the crabs bee hoon now..

Hello, good morning!! 2 more working days for me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Friday I'm off..horray

vv & dolly - the crab super duper good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] we had 2.1kg black pepper crab and 2.4kg salted egg crab. The gong is really huge.

I reserved another 2kg crab for Fri coz hb has already booked the same restaurant..hehe..but after that I realised Sat I have gynae visit, if my weight gone up by 1kg my gynae sure nag non stop :p

wayne - hope u get a good rest, and slowly clear your work bah..don't rush or else very stressful.

I'm taking birdnest with pao sheng, but alternate week I take birdnest with cordyceps.

I remembered ppl told me cordyceps cannot take it too regular for us if not bb will be very big.

I'm a bit cautious over this as I got huge bb by taking min cordyceps during preg when I had my #1.

wayne, how r u getting on now? better? dun worry, i also hve another 24 weeks more to go... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

apple, where u reserve the crabs?

Apple

Wow, sounds really delicious leh. So this coming Fri go cheong crabs again huh... For me, I will be going to Dim Sum again this weekend! This time will be @ Dim Joy, looks good though the website.

I ALSO WANT CRABS!!!! Hahahahaha.... my mother looked at me in shock when i was in my 1st trimester and still puking, i requested for crab. And then proceeded to scold me... Dun care. Let me know when you all are going!! =)

auroa : i've no idea initially... the waitress @ long beach recommend us to order male crab for black pepper @ least 1.5kg & above.. then it will be delicious...

dolly, good recommendation from the waitress... even we eat at No Signboard previosuly to celebrate my fil's birthday, they also din recommend that...

Morning Mummies, Can i check how will we know if the baby is growing well inside us? Am about 17 weeks pregnant first time mum. Sometimes I think I worried too much that hb worried that I might get prenatal blues [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

oh, i just heard water flowing sound from tummy... looks like bb swimming inside... my girl loves it and said that "mummy, yr tummy growling"...

Hi mummies,

so early mummies talk about food... kind of hungry now.

Btw, my clothes are rather tight now...thinking of shopping for clothes since on half day today.... any recommendation or suggestion to shop for nice maternity clothes wear.

nicole, hi... hve u schedule to see gynae? gynae will be seeing u once a mth (if no complications) to monitor the bb's growth and to recommend additional tests (if necessary)... dun worry too much.... happy mum = happy bb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

auroa : ya lor... previously their service sucks... recently saw a group of new faces... service improve too.. they even offered to help us to crack the shells of the gongs too..

apple, Ic..for me my baby is small even though I take cordyceps quite regulary.. I dun know how to choose good birdnest..

Me also half day this Fri..plan to watch Narnia with hubby.

Intend to take half day every week to relax a bit..hopefully next week is Isetan private sale then I will take half day.

Auora..so nice..have you feel the baby movement..mine still cannot

vv, 1 of them have lunch appt and another one went to a conference so left me alone..no mood to eat also.

dolly, maybe their biz dip and they got to buck up... no biz = no commission lor... benefits the customers.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wayne, i feel the bb's movement at abt week 10... quite early.... my bb quite active... normally moves alot in the evening... i do take the cordyceps from week 5 till now.. it's prescribed with ginseng, furong and other herbs (can't recall what's the name liao) and in powder form... finds that it's helps to give me energy in the daytime as i'm taking the ultrastan which makes me drossy... by nite time, i cannot tahan and need to sleep latest by 10pm liao... btw, how big is yr bb now?

Auroa: Yup I have gynae visit every 4 weeks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but in between cant help but worry about it.

Back