(2011/05) May 2011

Val

Haz, I agree. But the thing is, MIL's sis' DIL is quite ok wz me de. Last time, we (she & this DIL) got chit chat a bit & during my boy's full month & 1st year, she attended and even give sth quite pricey. So I pai seh mah...

But honestly, talk about baby showers, just want to share with u mummies, I had tasted these 2 "assorted cakes/pastries" from \font)Tahoma,Sweetest Moments} and Choz. They are not nice at all.

ONLY the presentations are nice.

dolly, Va| & auroa, Thanks. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

vv, 5 yr gap. ya you are rite, I can save some money on the clothings and toys too. haha. Hope u will get to know ur bb's gender on ur next visit. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

morning everyone...

gathering on fri was great...looking 4ward to another 1 liao..LOL

so nxt round we shall hv jap foodie..whahaha..when i ask if anybody likes jap food..the group says...."i like"...whahaha

cuppie oso suggested kuishinbo...so most likely will plan ter...timing mayb either in jan or after cny...cos everybody will b bz these 2 mths rite...LOL

1 group pic uploaded in our smh group in fb...can take a look...some other shots will upload in my album mayb tonite or tmr ya.. =)

melody110, congrats...hehe

Good morning..

Dolly - good to know that u have fixed your starhub prob. I agreed with your mom, don't use dettol to wipe or clean toys la. I'm using SureClean Surface Disinfectant & Cleaner , it is safe around children, non-toxic & alcohol. And the product is range at affordable price [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

http://www.sureclean.com.sg/

Congrats Melody [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so excited ya! My appt with Dr Chan this Sat. U started package?

dolly,

think mayb ur mil nv seen preg in bikini before ba? aft all, during their time, more conservative =P

vv,

oic. then "li shang wang lai". =)

Actually, i dun order those cakes for my boy's baby shower to be given to everyone. Only ordered for relatives then for friends dun have =P

mudpie - thanks for sharing the gathering pic [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] u gals were having fun time ah!

Jap food for next gathering? sounds yummy..hehe

Let's do it after CNY bah..

Thanks Muddpie and Apple. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Apple, I believe you can confirm ur bb's gender by this sat loh. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ya I started my package already.

Val

Yeah la... Otherwise, wo lan-de-lee-ta... Heeheeee.... I dunno if should order cakes this time round or even hold a baby shower cos since #2... Still considering.

Apple

Hello!! How are u doing? Long time didnt chat wz u.

vv - I'm good. Knowing u r bz after holiday and covering your absent colleague so we didn't chat much ya!

Good that ur bowel movement is back to normal. Tell ur bb to co-operate when u go see your gynae this Fri, then u will know bb gender by then [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I'll see mine on Sat, hope my gynae can 100% confirm my bb gender too!

VV n Val, thanks when to see doctor liao. But the medicine did'nt help at all. Maybe will go n see again today. My boi also see doc liao, but also nve improve. His medical bill so X $115. I think has to bring him to the doc again. My boi 24mths.

melody,

i oso hope i can know gender this week then i can start some shopping =P

vv,

yaya, hehe. if ppl dun give, i oso wldnt be bothered to give, esp if its nt close friend/relative =P

Hmmm...I think we will hold baby shower lo as closing factory aft this...so may even be more elaborate than my boy's time...but see hw it is aft i popped =P

i oso planning my boy's 3rd bday party and may make it more elaborate than previous parties as I duno if in future I will be lazy till i combine party for #1 and #2. hahaha.

paulyn,

mayb the med the doc given u is mild coz u are preg thus nt much effect lo.

Kids' medicial bill always v ex esp if they go PD. But no choice la, this kind of $$ cant save. Just hope both of u will recover soon =)

apple : can i get it @ supermarkets?

val : ya lor... she must be thinking... wow! her DIL so open-minded...

mudpie : do it after cny ba... maybe, tentatively fix it at 8-11 feb 2011... during "Ren Ri", then we can "lau ge feng sheng shui qi"... hahahah... huat ah...

i'll be doing my detailed scan on this sat too... hopefully can confirm the gender too...

mudppie,

hehehe, me! i removed myself le...coz the info will show on my feeds and I dun wan all my friends to know yet =)

dolly,

yes! she may be thinking tat way! coz when I went for maternity ps for my #1 and showed my mum, she went "HUH!? why did u take this for?! u so daring huh?" hahaha.

"ren ri" i cfm cant coz i reserve tat day for having dinner with my parents =)

think ren ri abit diffcult to meet up... most likely every1 hve celebrations with inlaws or families... esp if got celebrations with inlaws cannot be excused otherwise inlaws and hubby will be face black black...

dolly - I think there is a BP organiser in SMH doing this prod. Not from supermarket. U txt her 97383476(Pris)

Wow, u doing detail scan this Sat..excited hor. I think my gynae going to do detail scan for me this Sat too!

yesterday i went to my inlaws house for dinner.. my mil was sitting besides and talking so loudly thruout the dinner.. me ended up with headache... arrugh.... she kept on talking abt our self-drive trip to penang and the news was published in wanbao... she kept on saying if they also go, they will be the oldest in the group... she's so vain pot, wants to be featured in the newspaper as almost all the pp who are interviewed and featured in the newspaper are senior citizens... can't stand her..

val/auroa : okie... so have to change date again le...

apple : ya.. excited lor... hopefully can see it... the last round, we can't see the gender coz bb doesn't cooperate with us... have to wait another month, then gynae confirmed it's a girl...

dolly, i also using the same product as apple... find it not bad... not soapy and sticky after cleaning... last time my weekend cleaner used it to clean my girl's toys... think that time pris hve promotion and i bought 3 types of different cleaning product fr her...

Va|, tell bb to be cooperative.. hehe. my bb at first didn't open his legs so can't see but my gynae is rather patient knowing that my hubby and I are very eager to know so after a few tries we finally see it. hehe.

Apple

Yah... Was rather busy. Now okay already. Managed to relax a bit & also felt so much better now. I went back to some coffee because really feeling very tired for the past 1 month. But only limited to one cup per day now during the weekdays. I hope bb will co-operate lo. Will update you. Hows yr work, still busy?

Val

Quite true la... My #1 and this #2 birthdays can be quite near because #1 also born in May.. So maybe like wat u say, combine then can save a lot too. U are right. U know when I buy this gift, I heard from my maid - FIL tried to get info on what gift is that la, blah blah la, how much issit la, what is the gift la... U see. Actually damn KNS one la, they all. All very one kind. Thats why I didnt attend, proves a good choice.

Paulyn

Maybe u should go back to your doc and tell him/her that the med is not helping. If u need to gargle with salt water, u gotta go those old provision shop and ask for RAW SALT. The normal table salt will not help de.... Then try to make some honey water and lemon/lime juice. Should help to soothe the sore throat...

melody,

hahaha, ya, will do tat. just tat for my #1, i know the gender v early lo, so this one abit long still duno thus wait till neck v long. hehehe. dun think my gynae will let me do the detailed scan this week coz detailed scan will be done by sonographer instead of gynae so as per exp, will see sonographer 1st then on the same day see gynae...will have to bug my gynae to schedule for my detailed scan by end of this yr if possible.

vv,

hw many days apart is the edd frm ur #1 bday?? mine is like 3days apart! Ya, can save alot but they have to share the limelight lo! then also the theme they like may also be different so headache lo. also, my friend's hubby and his own bro 1 week apart and the hubby says he absolutely hate it when they have to co-host a bday party =(

wah. didnt know tat normal table salt doesnt help. thanks for ur info. hehehe.

vv - I also taking coffee on and off, but not daily. Last Fri, I sip a few mouth of ice blended mocha fr my hb, gosh!! horrible nite for me..can zz till 3am! I realised after lunch hours I cannot take tea/coffee anymore [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

My work quite OK, but I'm leaving for biz trip next week to HK/China. Must be quite cold now, sien..gotta lug along winter jacket.

Val

My boy is on 15May. #2 EDD is around 09May like that. But I dunno if will be earlier or probably like #1, have to induce.. Come to think of it, quite scary eh..

Yeah, understand too. And usually I wont throw a very grand party unless its like 1st month, 1st year... etc. I intend to throw one grand de, for my boy's 12 yr old de... The other years, I think can just be within family will do... :p

apple,

yes. weather in HK/China sld be getting cold already. last weekend heard the temp was 18degrees in HK already so i think u need to lug ur winter coat if nt trenchcoat along lo. better to be over prepared than under prepared =)

vv,

our boys' bdate oso v close. mine boy is 14 May. heeheheh. My edd is 11 may so even if induce i hope i can be discharged with #2 and home before or on his bday =)

I dun intend to invite alot of ppl la, just tat going to spend abit more than usual on the venue, cakes and stuffs. hehehe. On actual day, i usually keep it within the family =P

Apple

Wow, means u all along cannot take coffee de or only this period, ur body cannot get acustomed to coffee/tea? I love Starbucks Frappacino, had my 1st maiden mouth of it at Taipei since preggy. I swear, I will have one BIG Cup after delivery!!! Heeheeee..

Now, Im on normal black coffee with milk in Office. 1 day one cup.

Oh your work must be quite hectic towards to the end of the year? U must take good care yeah! Weather should be extremely cold now, must wear thicker to keep warm ok. China colder.

Val

Oh our boys are different by 1 day! Heeheee. Which year is your boy born? Mine is 2007. I hope this time round, will be smooth delivery too.

Hi mummies! Saw the pics from mudpie's fb. Glad that all of u enjoyed yourselves. Hopefully I can make it for the nx gathering. My boy has finally recovered from his fever after seeing the physician from Yu Guo. Only left his cough n running nose.

Bought my 1st first bird nest from Fu Hua last week at Toa Payoh. It is so yummy. Think I will boil every week to drink. hehe!

Val - I prepare to bring trenchcoat, at least not so bulky. I have those thick sweater, no major issue but sure look super bulky with the tum :p

vv - yea, I only have coffee/tea for bfast. Once past 12noon I must not even sip at all..or else I can stay awake till 6am :p

My work ah, yr end usually a lot of audit and RFQ..so a lil bz but still OK coz my boss has arranged other colleague to take over some tedious RFQ..phew!!

Apple

Oh okay. For me am ok but just that if I drink more than 2 cups of coffee, I will start to have sore throat. Ok la, then u just drink in the morning will do.

Wow, lucky hoh. So now at least u dun need to over tire yourself.

vv : i'm sleepy too.. had laksa earlier.. not satisfying & not enough... so bought mushroom single meal & sundae... now i'm so fuuuuuull.

Dolly

Oh.... sounds delicious. I had Mee Siam, add ingredients -- 2 fish balls & 1 Luncheon Meat.. Wah... damn shiok.

Evie

Yah lo... So sian leh. I ate so much sweets also no use. Time for coffee soon!

dolly - your lunch sounds heavy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but yummy. I feel like eating BK after reading your posting :p

I'm super sleepy too!! How I wish today I'm taking 1/2 day..

Office gonna throw X'mas hi-tea party at Vivo next week..not sure wanna participate or not

apple : ya lor... but no choice.. not even half full after laksa... after finish the burger, fries & sundae... then feel satisfy... what a eXp lunch...

Hi Mummies,

Just taken my dessert.. ice kacang.

Seems like all of us the same... sleepy.

Btw, for bird nest is better to buy from wholesaler as its cheaper compared to the shops especially when you get more from them.

June

Wow! Reminds me of my favorite dessert ~ Bor Bor Cha Cha... I kept wondering where will serve the best dessert, at least Bor Bor Cha Cha in Singapore...

I heard Yu Yan Seng Bird Nest not bad. Wanted to buy but my mom said Yu Yan Sang is full of water, dun hv much bird nest de... Where is the wholesaler?

Wow Mummies

So anyone crave for very spicy foods and already know gender?

Melody_yv

I had chic slices mee with Laksa as soup base last Sat... Damn shiok too

Wah jialatz... We all talking about food. I just saw some nice foods @ Mad Jack!!!

DOlly

Your Black Pepper Chilli crab sounds so tempting. Last Wed, I had many pieces of Soft shell crabs @ Sushitei... So shiok man!

Back