(2011/04) Apr 2011

Bbgoh ,

Cos my sil is sellin so I can't gave u the local supplier contact cos initially I was thinkin I get contact from her I do the ordering so I wun reveal the supplier contact to 3 rd party n we can enjoy cheaper price.. But happy bellies is from US I tink n buyin direct is nt v cheap cos of the weight..

Btw can I check if any1 know our maternity leave is consider part of our employment period?

piggy

oooo. i tot u said yr Sil no longer selling. this morning I saw ntuc @kangkar mall got carry the melt yogurt & cookies but dun have the cereal

last time I gave seline bellamy brand I nvr buy happy belly product b4

Hi bbgoh, kids are good. #1 has adjusted to the presence of #2 and has fingers crossed outgrown her terrible twos tantrums. #2 is slowing turning into a monster testing my patience refusing to zz.

Elmo,

usually rotavirus jab can be taken at which month? I didn't request.thought polyclinic will ask..hai..failure mummy I am!!! in forum I saw most mummy talking abt it and go check...Hsi hai...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

dreamy

glad to know tat. seline also passing the terrible 2. nw she is queit a good girl, speak many new sentence everyday surprise me. we have to go thru another new growing phase for #2 loh. jiayou!!!

bbgoh,

ya she no time to sell now but her parent own organic farm so not sure if she will start sellin again if she have #2 n i dun tink she is comfortable with me sharing the contacts...

hee my #1 also into another phase he can speak in sentence alr n he will start the sentence with his name if he want sumthing really cute ... lets all jiayou together..

Yoti,

rotarix got 2 dose i let bb took 1 at 8wk old u can call n check .. dun worry u r doin a great job as a mummy cos i know how confusin these vaccine can be for 1st time mummies..

ya yoti, the poly nurse got explain to be everything the 1st time i go injection. Rotavirus is a oral med.. 2 does to be cleared by bb 6 mths. So if u want better take the during ur next injection soon! Cost $90 per dose in poly.

Hi mummies!

Piggy,

Yes, ML is part of our employment period.

Yoti,

Check n request do have it now. Dun worry lar. When I was with Terry I also almost missed the doses. Give it at 3month old instead of 6-8week for 1st dose.

HIppopolai,

ok thanks.. cos my contract say if work less than a yr mus pay back the bonus n my boss hor sent me an email to confirm my last day n say out of gd will let me keep the bonus thou the serving period is less than 1 yr excluding ML bth!!! she might as well deduct all the AL n see how many days i work... arghhhhh!

thank you mummies for the reply on the injection. Yes, indeed is very confusing...Hai.. Will call and check if is too late to take now as bb girl is 4months old..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

dreamysprings

oh you stay in Australia currently... ya Australia is very relaxed and quite, is a nice place to go for relax... I have been to Gold Coast a few years back when i'm still a student in Adelaide.. Ya when i'm there, i missed Singapore food especially chilli [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hope that got chance in the future to go Gold Coast again and will definitely meet up with you... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yoti,

not to worry, first time mum is like that.. i also but luckily the GP i went to for bb Z's vaccination, got explain to me what to take compulsory and wat is optional and which month to take what and etc... very clear..

my boi took his rotavirus at his 3rd month and 5th month

Hai...Called polyclinic...and have to wait for their answer..government sector - everything have to wait and wait...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Yes, I actuali wanna go GP for my daughter's vaccine but hb insisted on Polyclinic..that time have some conflicts with him abt this also...cause I feel that service is diff if you pay a little more...

I should read more on the vaccination...My fault..hai...

yOTI,

hmm jus to let u know the CS for Poly is not well knowledge 1 tt time help me arrange 1st appt for prevenar end up cannot take cos they insist mus be 3mth old even thou bb is 12 wk old n told me sumtime the call centre 1 not v sure abt tthese vaccine.. so i told if the info from call centre is not true what is the purpose for call centre? so i stick to GP cos the cost not much diff the rotarix after GST for 2 dose also abt $180+

Halo everyone, went for P1 regn this morng liao, sian...

May i know how many of you are bf(latch-on) exclusivly? Do you co-sleep with your baby? How to ensure good ss if bb only suckles less than 10mins each feed?(interval abt 2-3 hrs, on times when she's very slpy, can drag to 3-4hrs).

Right now, I will express once in the morning and once late late nite, before I go to sleep but baby's rejection of the bottle is driving me nuts, so thought of giving up and latch-on exclusively and worry abt bottle feed later. Hoping to keep ss going so that can bf longer if gg to latch on fully... kindly advise...

hello all!!! =)

piggy: u gonna organize spree again?? heehee

dreamy: onz.. next time i go there will go find u k??

bbgoh: hoped u r feeling better now.. u not on msn today i am so bored!!

elmo: ur AF reported arh???

mrs chua: my boy also like this.. hahahaa. think they prefer mummy smell.. =P

tweety, ya loh. AF reported last wk. Then supply drop.. din increase back le. So dunno can endure till J 6mths then stop anot.. that's my target!

Mummies.. Wan to find out.. Now ur bb slp with u on ur bed or his cot every night? My sumo if slp on his cot will make alot of noises like stretching himself.. Den I need to wakie see that he is nt awake.. v tiring lo.. but if I put him to slp beside hubby & me, he can slp v well.. Jus wakie when he needs to drink milk ard 5am.. So wondering if I shld put him to slp with us to let me slp beta.. Or how???

mrs chua, same here... although my situation's diffnt, i've asked my maid to squeeze into the room wif #1 & #2 but she def won't wake up just to chck on the bb(not even #1) if I asked her to. N bb is learning to flip, so i'm quite worried and since I'm gg to take over and fully bf(latch on exclusively), I'm gg to put bb on our bed from now on...Told hub to watch out or I'll kill him if he squash #2 haha. Not sure if this wld be a better way, hope it'd be...

Mrs chua

My boy slp wif me n hb on our bed now we thinkin wanna change our queen size bed to king size anot not enough space haha.

My boy will oso recognize ppl. If bb cry my hb carry won't b able to calm him down but I take over he will quiet Down this make my hb sooo jealous.

Tweety,

hahah wat spree u referrin? if cereal i dun have the contacts wor cos orderin directly not v cheap also...

Mrs Chua,

hmm my bb sleepin in his playpen n like u he dun seem to sleep well will make noise twice a nite but i refuse to co sleep cos i find v hard to sleep n scare may be v hard to train him sleep on his own in future so i insist lo n finally he start to show improvement this wk for 2 nite he did not wake up at all hope it continues.. so u gotta see if u wan to go for convenience to have gd rest or endure abit so long term easier for u?

Piggy

If this time you organize happy bellies spree let me know I want to try the cereal

Gerry

I think Vianne is really Lisa junior leh she also has this kind of head shape you describe. Like that means smart meh lol

Yoti

Rotarix is good prevent Lao sai. I also don't know much so when nurse ask unsaid everything kiasi and kiasu mother

Elmo

Because Vianne sickens delay jab

oh piggy, i hv e same fears too! that if i co-slp wif #2, then it'd be hard for me to train her to slp on her own next time but then again, she can share room wif her jie jie next time, so mayb wont be soo bad?

Come to think of it, we didn't co-slp wif #1, she's been very independant since infant time but when she turned 4, she changed and didn't wan to slp on her own til now stil abit diffclt to get her to do so... ^-^"

sandy, i told my hubby that we'll def need a King size bed if we get to buy our next home! :D

Vivi,

no la not organisin unless i can find cheaper seller but the BP price is alr cheaper than retail shop ...

mum05,

ya my #1 also v independent n when he was younger i jus put him in his bed even if he cry or whine wan us to carry refuse to sleep i will ignore him let him cry if he tired he will sleep ... i tink sumtime to deal with kids it really depend on who is more stubborn ... so many time we mus really be hard hearted.. else the 1 who suffer will be us but not easy i know[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mrs chua

I have a king bed and alrdy slpin with my eldest.. my #2 sleeps in his cot, but sometimes we put him in the swing to rock him to slp..

Now i worry abt both of them slpin in my bed..

Last call for my medela parts, if not puttin up to sell in wts thread..

Mum05, have to persist in trying to give baby d bottle else when he gets older, may get more difficult & when teething, baby will bite ur nipple woah.Can try to 'starve' baby if baby dun drink from bottle. If baby really so hungry, Bo bian will drink Liao. Else can also try other brands of bottle.

Once baby ok with bottle, u can slowly alternate feeds with bottle n latch. I prefer to latch at night coz less disruptive to my sleep. Hehe

As for maintaining supply, think u have to pump more often, 2 times a day is too little and also ample rest and water helps too.Im quite lazy n only pump 3times a day, can get at least 1litre per day.

Maybe u could try pump out milk b4 baby feeding n let baby latch after ur pumping session. I used to do that during ML coz sometimes supply comes too quick baby will choke, so I often pump out b4 latch. That's how I slowly build up my stock of 200+packs of fbm.

MrsChua, i love to co sleep with babies! B4 my #3, my #1 & #2 were sleeping with us in our king size bed. Now with #3, have to ask d other 2 to sleep in d other room.

So #3 sleeps with us but sometimes I'll ask hubby to sleep with d other 2 coz his snoring disturbs #3.

I miss my #3!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Can only sleep with him on Friday coz he staying at my mum's hm now. How I wish I could have d courage to quit n b SAHM!

Mrs Chua and Mum05,

My bb sleep in his cot right beside my bed. I agree that when he sleeps in his own cot, he will stretch and make some noise, but will still go back to sleep after a while. Only occasionally, I will let bb co sleep with us (like daytime cry too much, so scared he nite time will hv bad dreams). It feels great to co sleep with ur own bb, but like Piggy says, maybe try not to do it so often, so that ur bb can be trained to become independent.

Ningyo,

I also no courage to quit to be SAHM. Haiz...

morning !!!!

eelynn

hahahhaa. okok tdy go bk to work Liao see you at msn yah. :p

re : sleeping

I also scare Bb ll get use to our bed so only ll put her sleep with me when she not feeling well need extra attention at night

Gervaise KO ytd night in less than 5mins on our bed.. First time! Maybe he knows he gonna slp with daddy & mummy so KO himself lols.. But ytd night, no fuss from him.. Slept thr till 6am wakie for milk, 7.30am wakie to say bye bye daddy & mummy.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Vivi,

Haha!! You see all the smart people in the world.. A lot of them also have big heads!! Hoho! Our only consolation.. =)

Sleeping,

Our co-sleep with my #1 quite a bit but it's cos I needed to maintain my sanity as she was waking up 3-5times a night while I was working!! Of course I would prefer if she slept on her own then.. But now she is sleeping on her own.. With the few occasional hiccups..

I think sleeping arrangement will depend on both parent and child.. But for those who co-sleep.. They will become independent eventually and move out of your bed.. Even when young children are sick or scared, they also need their parents by their side.. =)

Mum05,

If you are doing full latch on, don't need to pump so often.. Unless you are trying to set up an ebm bank..

morning ladies..

Ningyo/E lazy,

hee if i can afford i really dun mind be a SAHM manz lol~

Gerry,

ya true they will eventually sleep on their own but the prob is how long they take. i still remember when i kick my #1 out of my room i can sleep better manz mornign dun have to worry if i will wake him up when i bath n look for clothes etc..i cant even on my room light lo..now i am thinkin when to kick #2 out liao lol~

Mrs Chua,

tt great[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my bb last nite is the 3rd nite he sleep thru with no disturbance hope it remain this way[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies,

Gd morning!

Polyclinic have replied saying that is too late to take the rotavirus oral med. Very unhappy on their service. Of cos, I myself have to blame as I didnt do my own homework..How ignorant am I [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Feel so guilty towards my bb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Hope the impact will not be too great if she missed this. If not I feel I have failed as a mummy towards her...

Anyway thanks mummies for yr prompt reply on the rotavirus. Really appreciate....

Yoti,

i suggest u check with GP or PD cos hor like i say the call centre cmi 1 always gave wrong info... n polyclinic they not flexible 1 strictly follow the guideline 1..

Hi Piggy,

Yes, I intend to call my PD later to check if is still too late to take..will try out every method..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

YOti,

dun worry jus check.. dnun worry la rotarix is not a compulsory vaccine.. jus extra protection.. but it gd if u check wat r the compulsory vaccine cos cannot miss 1 cos when they enter CC or Pri sch they wan request u for the vaccine record.

morning all!!!! =)

bbgoh: heehee..

piggy: ooooo.. i tot u setting up some spree again.. =P

yoti: think u check with GP or PD better... polyclinic call centre might be wrong..

moring Eelynn..

no la i where got mentioned i wan to organise keke.. but i do have discount for the organic shop at harbour front.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Piggy,

Thank you for yr reply.

Yes, I have checked on the list of compulsory vaccine and optional vaccine since taking at Polyclinic..Learn from my lesson and hope history does not repeated.

Having said that, Polyclinic very kiaxi de - they will sure provide the compulsory vaccine..Optional vaccine will depend on the nurse whom serve you. Like Elmo, the nurse will explain in details..

I nagged at my HB last night on going to Polyclinic to do vaccination. To him, this is just an extra protection and his mentality is not every vaccine is gd...Faint...we have diff views..but I do not wanna go further as our relationship is very straining these few weeks due to some issue on baby and mil...esp MIL!

wah super piss allow me to vent...

damn my kolig suddenly ask me to do things that r suppose to done by them n say until machiam i shd be the 1 who do it! alr copied them in the email n she canot print specially ask me print gave her a copy !@@#$%^&*(*&^%.

ningyo/piggy/e_lazy(actually, i dun really feel it's tt great to co-slp wif the bb, esp. when hub's ard - cramp lah hahaha, just easier in my current situation),

I've tried and had the bottle battle for more than a couple of months now... long enuf rite? Initially she gave in just for a few days, then back again, and with a fiercer vengence. She'd cry til like kana abandoned w/out food for days...and she still wldn't finish it, start the crying battle the min the teat touch her lips and she'd turn vigorously towards my B. Haiz, so much so that even latching, she also drinks lesser... Last nite 1st nite trial, co-slp and total bf, so far so good, at least I'm not as tired and pekchek anymore. Only thing is I can't go for my stuffs(e.g. facials,etc) til she starts semi-solids. Dun wanna force too much alr, see no point as from my #1's case, hahaha. Worry she won't slp on her own when older, so train/let her slp by herself early but ended up she didn't need the training but when much older(at ard 4 yrs old), she changed and wants to slp wif us or need us to tuck her to bed(after I started reading to her). I think now I dun wana think too much liao, buay tahan, better regain some rest and sanity... Else I go crazy, no one to care for them how? hahaha

Co-Sleep

My #1 wakes up often at night and wants to sleep with us on the big bed. Twice he fell off the bed in the middle of the night.Very scary ! That was when he was around 6mths - 1yr. Till now, my #1 sometimes still wants to sleep with us . Wakes up in the middle of the night and cry. Scared that he will wakes up #2, so quickly carry him to our bed. Think we are just not firm enough.

Tweety,

hahah no worries la if i got gd lobang will share 1[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mum05, I'm in the same situation as u. My girl also still rejects bottles n my maid has resorted to having to coax her into half drowsiness before she will take bottles . I still latch her at night

My other prob is I feel that my maid is spending too long a time with her when she's bottle feeding. I'm paranoid that she will get too close to C. When C smiles at my maid I get very jealous! ( wahaha but she smiles at hubby me my mom my dad etc too lar)

Oh btw, our babies can take jing feng Shan right ? C don't know how ,got frightened , now before she falls asleep she will get startled n scared herself awake. Very freaky. My mom told me to buy jfs for her.

Vivi u were saying put on her gums is it?

I feel very upset n depressed n helpless. I must be a terrible

mother. Now C drinks little n sleeps badly . I wanna go work

n put her in IFC le but hubby refuses . Everyday it's me, maid n baby. Now i dont want maid to touch n carry C. Everyone says things will get better when she's 3 months but no leh...

Gerry

You are so cute [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ya our only consolation.

Pink

Yes you can buy Jing Fen San. Wash your hands then use pour out some powder and use a clean finger to dab some and put it into C's mouth. for me I usually pour some powder in the cap and when Vianne cries I pour the powder in her mouth and quickly give her some water.

I bought mine from Zheng Zhong Ping. 1 small bottle can last long. Sometimes when she is cranky I will give her some.

Vianne sometimes also like this sleep half way get startled and wake up then doze off again. This can happened many times. Then I will give her some Jing Feng san.

Yoti

Hugs just because you did not let Chevelle take Rotarix doesnt mean you are a bad mummy, I know sometimes I feel that I should have spend more $ to go to PD for the vaccinations beccause the nurses are kind of rude and doctors when asked them for some advice dont sound convincing at all !

Back