(2011/04) Apr 2011

Well Baby Ultimate Package

* Package price does not include consultation fees.

* Vaccination schedule subject to change based on clinical assessment.

* Should there be any change to the vaccines, the clinic shall reserve the right to adjust the prices based on the difference in sale price.

Vaccination Schedule

By Age (Months)

Vaccination

(Protected from)

6-in-1, Rotavirus

Pneumoccoccus

6-in-1, Rotavirus

Pneumococcus

6-in-1

Pneumococcus

Hepatitis A

Pneumoccoccus

MMRV

5-in-1

Hepatitis A

MMRV

Usual Price: $1880

OBBC Baby Bonus Price: $1598

6-in-1 consists of Hepatitis B, Haemophilus Influenza Type B, Poliomyelitis, Diptheria, Pertussis, Tetanus

5-in-1 consists of Haemophilus Influenza Type B, Poliomyelitis, Diptheria, Pertussis, Tetanus

MMRV consists of Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Varicella

Available at all SBCC Baby & Child Clinic and Paediatric Centre clinics

Above is the package I mentioned

From 2 mths all the way to 24 mth

Just wonder how come there is another 5- in-1 and also I remember MMR is only one shot for my girl but this one have two, one at 15 mth and the other at 24mth

SINGAPORE HEALTH NEWS | 2010 Oct

A new pneumococcal vaccine that protects against three more strains of bacteria has become available, starting from last week. It is intended for children between six weeks and five years of age. The vaccination protects against illnesses caused by the bacterium called Streptococcus pneumonia, which attacks the brain, lungs, blood and ears. Manufactured by pharmaceutical company Pfizer, the new vaccine will protect children against a total of 13 strains of the bacteria. This is 91.2 percent coverage against invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD).

IPD includes illnesses such as pneumonia and meningitis, an inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord. The World Health Organization estimates that pneumococcal disease is the leading cause of vaccine-preventable deaths worldwide in children under the age of five. In Singapore, between 300 and 400 children suffer from it every year; and one to two children die from it.

The recommended dosage is four shots, one more than previous pneumococcal vaccines. There are currently two other pneumococcal vaccines available, one that protects against 10 strains of the bacteria by GlaxoSmithKline, and an older formula by Pfizer that protects against seven strains. The three new strains protected by this vaccine are believed to be showing a rising trend in many parts of the world.

The cost of the vaccine will vary from doctor to doctor, but the prices of current pneumococcal vaccines range between $140 and $180 for each shot. The pneumococcal vaccination was added to the National Childhood Immunization Programme in November last year, making it possible for parents to pay for the shots using up to $300 from each of their Medisave accounts yearly.

Morning!!!!

Totoro,

U can forty about to go down MS for the subscription, when we left ard 5pm, the freebies choice left very limited... Mostly are fully redeem! Hot hot 1! I din subscript in the end since the top 3 freebies that I want has gone! I arrived at 12plus while the fair starts 11am!!!!! Heard that some parent Q from 9am, that is crazy!!!!!

REMINDER!!

Mummies pls let me know if u cant make it latest by Mon morning k thanks

Re: Hi Tea Buffet @ Carousel (change to Carousel cos more accessible n heard the buffet is nice can see the menu here:http://dining.royalplaza.com.sg/

Price: $38.61net (got 2 promo 15% of total bill or 1 free for 3 diner best is we have group in multiple of 4)

Date: 27 June

Time : 3.30pm

1) Piggytoh

2) fungfung (not bringing Zaccheus)

3) Hippopolai (not bringing stroller)

4) Andrea (if can take leave)

5) tweety (not bringing stroller)

6) Gerry ( not bringing stroller)

7) sookie

8) Totoro (not bringing bb)

9) Pink (not bringing bb)

10) hippomummy

11) cowgal (not bringing B)

12) shyannlong

piggytoh

everyday i have to pick up my kids about lunchtime mah.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yoti

i pm u ok

oh Totoro, my #2's PD's from SBCC(Mt.E Hosp. branch) and I rem seeing that package but as it was last min, we simply took up the 1st yr pkg. Wonder if we cld juz add on later...

I wan to RANT !!!!!

Ytd was my #1 birthday so we bought a cake to my in law house to let my gal celebrate w her cousins when I was cutting e cake for everyone my Monster In Law bring my #2 over to e cake n say "feed mei mei a bit of e cake" I shouted v loudly at my mil "NO mei mei is still so young cannot eat

cake" her face turn black !!!!!

I v v angry till nw !!!!!

Hugs Yoti

You very good Liao mil shout at you yet you can keep your cool if it is me it will be otherwise

Your baby don't look very underweight so no fear [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hugs Sy

Mil is like that maybe you shout at her so she angry la.

is it advisable for bb to take two jabs at one go? or should do it individually?

kinda worried what if the jabs do more harm then vaccinated bb.

Yoti and SY,

I really dun understand why MIL must always act like that. During the first few days after giving birth, my milk ss not established yet. 1st thing she say I hv NO BM. Then my boy refused to latch on, she say my nipple too big, so bb dun like to suck. Still can take out her nipple to show me say hers small so bb like to suck. Faintz! She completely shattered my confidence in BF.

What I cant stand most is she always fight with me for the bb. Once I carry bb, she will say come, granny carry, mummy need to go and eat dinner or mummy need to pump milk. EVERYTIME! I super bth. Like so scared that the bb will becime close to me like that.

Really dunno what these old folks are thkg. Whats worse is i'm staying with them, so hv to see them 24/7. Boo :-(

Lynn, i usually take the jabs seperately coz i want PD to check on baby month by month hehee kiasu, so i stagger out the jabs monthly so i know bb is constantly progressing well.

Fung.. According to my pd is that beta nt to let kids take 2 jabs at the same time. Reason 1 : painful 2 times Reason 2 : their immune system still nt v strong so might develop side effects like fever easily.. But is ok to take 1 jab plus 1 oral at the same time. 

Mums05.. my gp say pneumococcal is ok to take anytime b4 1 yr old. She suggest 3 &4 mth take 5-in-1 den 5mth take 6-in-1. Pneumococcal 3 dose on either  6,8&10 mths or 6,9&12 mths.. Either 2 or 3mths interval [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Agree to b pain only one day, maybe we shall see our babies able to take such pain or nt lo. Cos I heard from one mummy b4, her bb took 1 jab den cry & cry until v long den stop, 2nd one poke in, he cry even longer until face turn purplish until the doc oso scare.. 

Piggy.. Ya, I agree tat diff doc diff practice cos I haf been hearing diff things lo. Some say this take early while some say take late so initially v Luan oso.. Guess we jus stick to wat our doc say ba & as long as bb complete all dose of compulsory vaccination, everything ok de [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] btw, wat is pneoucoccial for huh? I mean prevent wat? 

Mrs CHUA,

Totoro mentioned what prevenar is for.. Protect the child against the bacteria streptococcus pneumoniae which can affect bb's brain, blood, lungs and ears. It can cause meningitis..

As for injection pain, you can ask pd for emla cream. It is a numbing cream. My girl used it when she had to draw blood and i think it helped. A few people I know would rub some on their bb before jabs.

ST,

Ya, I heard so but it's ok. I dunno the mat is so small until Sat morning~ so it not that disappointed I din manage to get it... So small to me!

Mrs chua ,

U know 脑膜炎?

Actually for me I feel tt wat ever PD or GP say we mus also have our judgement also cannot listen blindly.. cos some dr nt familiar with vaccine 1 n their knowledge on it may be outdated ..

Lynn,

2 jab or 1 jab depend on u la usu some jab r more prone to fever got nothin to do with havin more jab at the same time.. like 6 in 1 usu ok but prevenar have higher chances of gettin fever so if ur bb r prone to fever takin it separately or together will still have fever.. n i agree with Hippopolai might as well pain 1 time den go back again also same mah.. n so many of us let our bb take 2 jab together also no issues... if really got prob i doubt the dr allow..

mrs chua, so far, both of my #1 & #2's PDs(#1's from The Kids Clinic and #2's from SBCC) hv told me that the jabs should not weaken the baby's immunity.

my #1 had NEVER cry at all jabs but then again, her jabs were mostly given at her buttocks. She merely had this shock look and then will go on like nothing happened, hehehe. But my #2?!, no no, she's much more manja, 1st jab at PD's clinic, her face was so uptight that it turned red and she cried sooo loud! This time round, she was still happily chuckling away when the PD played with her, not knowing what she was in for, then the next moment, the 1st needle went in and she got a rude shock and cried badly, 2nd needle, she continued crying, quickly carry her to calm her down lor... She cried for awhile then later complain and complain...

Omg jus watched a scary show called Suckerpunch w hubby, think tonite I can't sleep well...think I'm still shaking in fear inside.....eeks....

Mummies.. Would like to know whether Is there a way to trade in pigeon or avent bottles? My boy dun like avent bottles & pigeon one he had upgrade to 240ml bottles.. So wondering can trade in ma..

Hello mummies

I rarely come here to post, this is only my 2nd time! :p

But I need to hear your experiences. Anyone spot/stain/light bleeding 2 mths postpartum? Is this normal?

Morning mummies! Tmr I'm starting work le. So sad. Going to miss my babies lots! Hb gotta bring J for injection tmr. Will most likely take 2 shots too. So nervous abt everything tmr. Hope everything will go well! Hope J wont have fever.. Hope hb will survive being a SAHD. Hope I'll have nice cols and a good seat tmr. And gor gor gonna start sch tmr too! Phew! So happening! These few days been going out lots.. Make e best of my last few days! Went ecp picnic yest. Keke.

Thks totoro bb, gin and who ever else who replied abt my watery bm. Pardon my poor memory. Hehe! Now my bm like less watery le.. But supply drop drastically. Now cant even get 200ml after 10hrs. Think my body assuming bb only need tt much. So auto adjust to produce less.. Hence less foremilk le. Dunno how long my bm supply can survive like tt. Now weekends I'll try to pump more times see can still dong awhile more anot. And my neh neh also shrink le. argh!

morning mummies,

the other day i read about shampoo for crale cap..where can i get it?

elmo, same same la..sob sob..

today my boy turned 4 months! went to shave his head for him and bought him a drumstick to lick..hehe

Charmaine,

I got my cradle cap shampoo from kiddy palace. Sorry I forgot brand. Pd says apply olive oil after shampoo also helps. No rinse needed.

any 1 bb startin to flip alr? these few day my bb keep attemptin to flip almost succeed flippin 180deg so funnie to see him attempting to flip...

Tweety,

ok ok hope got enough space:p

Mrs Chua,

i remember taka bb fair they allow exchange bottle leh.. nex 1 shd be sept but dunno norm time can exchange anot...

Piggytoh

My boy start to flip le. Hehe agree see them flip very funny I like most is c my boy move like caterpillar.

Mrs chua

Can keep btl 1st den next round of exchange den trade in. Like previous fair I trade in n stock up on the btl.

Mummies enjoy tmr buffet [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] how I wish I can go tmr kekeke

Yeah finali start my SAHM life le can meet up often [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

REMINDER!!

Re: Hi Tea Buffet @ Carousel (change to Carousel cos more accessible n heard the buffet is nice can see the menu here:http://dining.royalplaza.com.sg/

Price: $38.61net (got 2 promo 15% of total bill or 1 free for 3 diner best is we have group in multiple of 4)

1) Piggytoh

6) Gerry ( not bringing stroller)

7) Totoro (not bringing bb)

8) Pink (not bringing bb)

9) hippomummy

10) cowgal (not bringing B)

11) shyannlong

Hi piggy and the rest of the mummies. I'm sorry i can't make it tomorrow. I was so looking forward to it but I have something personal to handle last minute. Please enjoy.

Piggy & sandy... Is trade in for pigeon bottles or medela? The last fair @ expo, I know medela one can trade in but wondering pigeon got such trade in ma..

Sandy.. Thought ur life as SAHM will start in sep? So fast starting???

Mrs chua,

the previous taka bb fair, pigeon got trade in bottles. think have to see certain fair. Maybe keep a look out for the next fair and see whether have or not

Sookie,

ok noted[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Mrs Chua,

i only know so far pigeon 1 can exchange at taka fair the other fair i dunno wor..

Piggy & sandy... Is trade in for pigeon bottles or medela? The last fair @ expo, I know medela one can trade in but wondering pigeon got such trade in ma..

Sandy.. Thought ur life as SAHM will start in sep? So fast starting???

Mrs chua

The last fair pigeon got trade in ar. I went n trade in to stock up.

Yups cos the maid cannot make it. Last wk she jux told us she die die don wanna take care of my 2 kids we bought her back to change den she beg us to gif her chance so ok lo but hor when my elder BIL passed away her pattern come out keep sayin she scare all sort of nonsense plus our mood not very gd so now we hate her to the max.

And best is my neighbor told me my girl ran out of the Hse disappear for 15mins lucky they found her n my maid nv bother to inform any1 or come out look for her. I cannot imagin my girl go missin might s well i take care myself.

Posted on Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 8:34 pm:       

REMINDER!!

1) Piggytoh

6) Totoro (not bringing bb)

7) Pink (not bringing bb)

8) hippomummy

9) cowgal (not bringing B)

10) shyannlong

Piggy ,

Sorry for the last min notice, but I cannot make it.. My mil is not feeling well and so there will be no one to take care of my #1.. don't think i want to bring 2 kids on my own for a buffet.. =(

Morning!

Alamak, Gerry...

Think won't be able see you again before I go back to work liao...

ST,

Play mat & Thomas.

Mrs. Chua,

Taka 1 is Pigeon. Can keep n wait lor like piggy & sandy said. U will be using them for the next 2 years at least anyway.

Sad so many of u cant make it[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Gerry/Sookie/cowgal,

try to come for the 1 at aqua marine?

piggytoh and sandy,

How to tell when bb starting to flip?

I keep seeing mine want to turn 90 degrees, kick leg, throw hands to help himself.... but never succeed. these days also prefer to sit then lie down..

piggytoh and sandy,

How to tell when bb starting to flip?

I keep seeing mine want to turn 90 degrees, kick leg, throw hands to help himself.... but never succeed. these days also prefer to sit then lie down..

Hi mummies can I ask how many times are u pumping a day?? I'm thinking of reducing to 4 pumps as have started work and it's super tiring. But scared that supply will drop. Any advise??

Back