(2011/04) Apr 2011

Fung,

Totally agree about staying with parents or PIL.. When I had #1, I was still staying with my parents.. Super hard to sleep train her.. Whenever she cried, the grandparents would become soft and carried her which is not what we as parents want.. Maybe that's why now she is still so naughty! Thankfully, now that I have my own place, it is easier to discipline your children..

Mum05,

Haha!! Your hb very soft to the children.. My hb is definitely the disciplinarian while I think I would most likely give in to my kids if my hb doesn't stop me.. Hehe!! His upbringing was very strict.. That's why he expects the same of his kids.. While my parents were completely the opposite..

I think it is quite unavoidable to have sibling jealousy.. We as parents must try to diminish it.. My friend's son ( he is 3.5 yo) keeps telling everybody that his mummy doesn't love him anymore!! His younger bro is 1 yo.. Everytime she hears that, her heart gets broken cos she is one of those super duper devoted mum..

Fung,

of cos not cos if they wan they gotta pay for themselves n her pay only $40 tt time.. anyway got mp3 no com also no use...

Pongzai,

mine is Indo 1.. my 1st Inda maid was ok but this 1 hor bth... everyday will do stupid things... maid is all abt luck la.. like wat mum05 say S'pore dun really protect employer sigh..

Hippopolai,

MS got KP[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Charmine,

the longer u freeze ur milk the stronger the smell i notice..

Charmaine & piggy,

frozen BM got fishy smell is it cause placed in freezer near to the fishes? I noticed mine will smell fishy too...

Lynn,

noppe not cause by fish.. but the milk contain some enzymes some wil taste like metallic.. but i notice if for milk tt was only freeze for few day no smell only those tt was freeze longer.. i read tt to avoid havin smell u got to scald the milk be4 freezin..

Fung /Hip, yup I tasted my own ebm,just a bit la coz I was curious. The fishy smell is not from fishes in the fridge, it is chemical change in the breastmilk. But putting near raw food does affect the smell as it goes through the millbags. To prevent this, put milkbags is closed container, at the bottom of container put baking soda, then no smell [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tks mummies.. Will go kp to buy.. I just remembered I got vouchers, can use also.. Though dun have member discount only.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Vivi,

u refer to the link Andrea post above.. sum BP sellin USS hotel stay[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies pls confirm ur attendance again by 23 June cos i need to make reservation their buffet v popular 1 so mus make reservation in advance

Re: Hi Tea Buffet @ Carousel (change to Carousel cos more accessible n heard the buffet is nice can see the menu here:http://dining.royalplaza.com.sg/

Price: $38.61net (got 2 promo 15% of total bill or 1 free for 3 diner best is we have group in multiple of 4)

Date: 27 June

Time : 3.30pm

1) Piggytoh

2) fungfung (not bringing Zaccheus)

3) Hippopolai (not bringing stroller)

4) Andrea (if can take leave)

5) tweety (not bringing stroller)

6) Gerry ( not bringing stroller)

7) sookie

8) Totoro

9) Pink

10) hippomummy

Sorry mummies.. I'm nt taking leave on mon cos the doc is on leave so hv to change my boy's 6-in-1 date.. U all enjoyed urself ba [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

aiyo gerry, me also, always heartache during those training period but I know it has to be done, so I try to control myself...

I've cried sooooo many times at night during the 1st few months of my 2nd pregnancy, cos my #1 was sooo good and my lack of care to her(I was really unable to tend to her needs, can't even get up to prepare her lunch!) made me feel soooo sad that I would keep crying at nite when I watched her sleep...

Even after I've delivered my #2, I cried at the hosp too, cos I din get to see much of her and I missed her soo much. My hubby turned bk to the room to collect my gifts to bring home and saw me crying, he still tot I missed him CHEY! but he brought #1 to me thereafter even though it was alr 10:30pm when they arrived. I cldn't stop my tears then... My girl was red-eyed too.

But after tt 1 mth conf period, she was abit rebellious in a way. I guess she tot I/we dun care abt her anymore. Cos she's super slacked over that period cos I din hv the time/energy to watch over her, n besides her practices and work, she had been soo untidy that I've to reprimand her many times. One day I saw a note she wrote,something like "I know everyone in this house hate me..." OMG, heart broken man when I read it... :*( and I've explained to her before that 'hate' is a very strong word...

starflower, u mixed ebm with fm? I tot we're not sup to do that? can ar??

Mt E LC told us that if our freezer also contains other raw food, it's better that we use plastic bag to wrap up the milk bottle(containing ebm) to freeze it. So far I've only froze a few bottles but they were all used up alr and my bb had not rej then. She was also ok with chilled ebm til recently when she's more 'alert' and I've latched her more that she started to rej bottle...

I've tasted my own chilled ebm too, tasted like coconut n very strong smell if it's been chilled for 1 1/2days onwards.

Mrs. Chua,

Alamak, ur stone with me... I still thought wanna bring to u on mon!!!!!

Pearly,

Heng arh... Else u will jump here n there now~

Piggy/hippo,

Ya loh!!! If i lose $400 now, sure angry until roll about on the floor liao! Lol! I was tempted by her MBS deal cos hubby loves mbs.. Lucky got kae to make me forget it.. Haha..

RE: Carousel buffet

I want to go buffet leh.. But i scared kae cranky!!! Recently, he duwan zzz in stroller le then will get bored easily.. Then wan carry liao.. Haizzzz.. Use ergo then i cannot thoroughly enjoy.. Btw, wat kind of buffet ah? Got sashimi mah? =x sry ah, nvr been there b4.. Sua koo.. xD

hippo, marina sq one..there so many restaurant there can mit there?

but kiddy palace discount only on their nett price items,the other day i go buy this all already offer price so no discount..

if my son reject btl becos of the thaw milk i die la, ho bak work how? i gt at least 30 packs of frozen milk [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hippo.. Wat time u leaving from the buffet? If ard 5.30pm, I can meet u @ orchard Mrt?

Yes, Pearly.. Got SASHIMI!!! Lols... U will never regret going there de *wink* how I wish I can join...

Pearly,

Come lar... Meet us... Aiya, Jovie also never stay in stroller throughout... Just see hat happen that day... 兵来将挡路,水来土掩! Who knows Kae may be a good boy that day u enjoy leh? U never know!

Charmaine,

Let me check with SY they all... Cause for me i'll be going MS, stay there no problem... But if she take mrt quite a long path to walk then can reach... Abit mafan right?

Germaine,

If u don't mind I meet u next time? If I stay till 5:30pm means hubby gonna fetch me... Abit 不顺路 for him... If take public I may leave earlier wor...

Mummies.. These few days my boy know how to use his hands to push out the milk bottle if he drink enough.. If nt, he will find ways to squeeze his fist in when milk bottle or pacifier in inside his mouth.. See the action is v cute but like this, he takes longer time to finish his milk, v tiring lo.. Anyone facing with this?

These few nights, he will wan me carry him upright on my shoulder den I hv to sing song to him & he will sing along (with his blah blah, ah ah etc). If I stop, he will start his nonsense with cries..

Hippopolai,

hi-tea start at 3.30pm... u mean u want to leave before 5.30pm? so early? less than 2 hours can enjoy the buffet or not?

Andrea pearly and piggy

Lucky no one here was being cheated. Honestly i don't think this Bp really works because they are not a licensed travel agent and doubt rws will work with them

Mrs chua

My Vianne was cranky too after coming for a small walk was cranky even during feeding time

Somemore she was like grumbling and before she sleep I told her today she has a bad say huh? Never mind tomorrow will be better. She somemore can smiled at me faints

Any more mummies?

Mummies pls confirm ur attendance again by 23 June cos i need to make reservation their buffet v popular 1 so mus make reservation in advance

Re: Hi Tea Buffet @ Carousel (change to Carousel cos more accessible n heard the buffet is nice can see the menu here:http://dining.royalplaza.com.sg/

Price: $38.61net (got 2 promo 15% of total bill or 1 free for 3 diner best is we have group in multiple of 4)

Date: 27 June

Time : 3.30pm

1) Piggytoh

2) fungfung (not bringing Zaccheus)

3) Hippopolai (not bringing stroller)

4) Andrea (if can take leave)

5) tweety (not bringing stroller)

6) Gerry ( not bringing stroller)

7) sookie

8) Totoro

9) Pink

10) hippomummy

11) cowgal (not bringing B)

wan to enjoy so not bringing B.

Pearly, where r u.. wan go shopping ma?? I feel like taking half day leave... call my hp.. i divert my phone as my phone at guard house...

Hippo,

I fine w any place MS also can .... Who else meeting us on fri think vivi joining us ?

Actually fm city hall to get to MS got short cut quite okay for me but I be bringing my #1

Mummies,

anyone using Avent bottles(260ml/9oz)? Wanna check what kind of container mummies use to store after the sterilization process cos feel that the bottles very bulky..need to prepare to bring ifc as next week will start work le!!! Damn sianzzz...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

TOday wed le. So fast.. My las few days of ML. Sob sob sob! Rather depressed these few days when i think of starting work and putting J in IFC! My neh neh is super power le.. Been training to pump only 2x a day since Mon. 12 hrs then pump! Almost burst! If CMI then i will have to slowly stop pumping le.. cos dun think i can pump at work. Sob sob!

Did i miss out any posts?

tweety, pneumoccocal so fast take ah? U take it by itself.. not together with 6-in-1 ah? J will be taking his on Monday. 1st time bb injection i wont be going leh.. hb bring. So sad. 1st day of IFC i also wont be there unless go in v early like 7am. Hai.. poor Joel.. Mummy cant acc him...

yoti, me! But i havent start using the 260ml bottles yet. Still using the 125ml ones. But I intend to sterilize 3 bottles, then put in my ebm sui sui.. then put in thermal bag n bring over. Will pack some fm over also.. or put 1 tin there. J's IFC stay they will wash n sterialize the bottles after every feed.. so still ok.

Tweety,

Haha I also jus bott kleavan for prevenar yesterday n he only 5.8kg lol~

Vivi,

I find it suspicious also no receipt no proof of purchase also ..

Andrea,

For pneumoccocal it depend u follow polyclinic schedule or pte.. Poly v strict after 3 mth n 3 jab for pte after 6 wk can take total 4 jab so depend on u..

mummies

next monday Kay start go IFC le. I dunno to be sad or happy haha. sad to leave her happy to be able to rest at least 1wk b4 bk to work.

nw start to prepare her thgs for IFC. I hope she an adapt well ESP abt her slping. daytime I mostly let her slp on yaolan, if put on cot she easily to get disturb from noise

elmo

J IFC is good can do sterilize. some centre not do tat. I also ll fill nicely 4btl for the day needs. when he start to go?

Piggy: Kleavan is small size... I took prenavar and rotarix today.. Hahaha.. Think 2 weeks later then bring him for 6in1 2nd dose... Healthway got package for prenavar arh??

Elmo,

Check with Rach... She knows well!

Fung,

No choice leh... Think ask hubby come fetch me then I can eat more lor... Have to fetch Terry by 7pm... U know Orchard lar... Always jam...

Back