(2011/04) Apr 2011

hi, i am selling gifts from friends that do not fit my baby. mostly brand new including baby gap dress, camper baby shoes, oshkosh romper etc. & some pre-loved. pls PM me if interested.

https://picasaweb.google.com/109321966445626054039/Bouncingbean?authkey=Gv1sRgCI-2ubakmqDuRQ#

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5579624.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5579625.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5579626.jpg]

Fung fung : yes my dear!! Anybody else interested in drypers S size? Le long le long .. I need to check what else is in storage then let u know what else i wanna let go haha. I don't like to keep stuff around!! Like my house to be clean n neat [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I leave it to u to decide how many times u wanna treat me gong chas! That will also mean we get to meet up?!!!? Hehe

Mrs Chua: remember me to give u my bottle of fenugreek hor.. Another white elephant in my house... Take up space in my fridge nia..

pink... ok!!! I will go up ur house take from the fridge to help u clear from one white elephant ok?? hehe

fung.. my boy oso puke alot jus now when my hubby fed him @ IMM. whole romper was wet lo.. if jus one or 2 times, is ok de la.. dun worry so much... jus monitor.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi mummies

long time never post here, have been silently reading the thread. more active on facebook.

btw i have a new bottle of fenugreek from GNC to give away coz have stopped bfeeding a couple of weeks le. bot in May only. if interested jus pm me, self collection at Seng Kang or city hall.

cheers

Pink,

Hahaha! Sure this sat go ur Pl to help u clear. ;P

As for gong cha, then our gathering has to be near to gong cha outlet. Heehee

I tnk is better for u to tell mi how many cups of gong cha u want to trade for the 2 pks? =D

Mrs chua,

Ya juz today. Will monitor and c hw

Pink,

Sorry... Gonna TT to you tmr... My laptop can't connect to Internet... My energy totally drained... Jovie was cranky the whole night, just fell asleep... 1 adult n 1 toddle sick plus 1 cranky baby at home... Let me sleep swee swee 1st... Lol...

Unome,

Ur hubby coming! Another handsome papa will appear at our gathering! Woohoo!

Fung,

Ur hubby is right, use the milk that aldy expose 1st. Btw, did ur freezer use to store only bm or some other food as well? If inside the freezer have other food esp raw food, I would suggest u just discard the milk. It's dangerous as u dunno whether has aldy contaminated... If only milk still not so bad... But u still open n close the door ages times a day, so use up the milk still the safer way.

Pink

I don't have dbs and it takes 2-3days to do interbank transfer. can i pay you on Sat by cash? I'll pay $20 in case hb available to come along :)

Btw, can you PM me your address. need to work with hb on the transport and timing. thank you.

FM container

which design are you gals looking at? was shopping and saw some farlin ones but don't know which one to look out for? need to accompany in-laws so will be going ard shop shop this few days. no time for me to nap in the afternoon!! yawn.

unome: i agree with Hippo... i would discard if it is placed with other items. better to be careful. Perhaps it is better to invest in milk bags cause those advent cups can only use for a limited time.

morning mummies

it's Friday!!! tot not working but just looking forward to the coming weekend. woohoo...

bunnies gathering, can't wait to see all the babies

tweety

happy birthday, enjoy yr celeb with yr darlings

fungfung

yah for freeze better use milk bag. usually i ll keep in 2layers of plastic bag to protect from those raw foods, some new one I ll have small drawer only for milk then I ll just direct throw in drawer.

andrea

thanks for helping me put on the pram yet. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I thk pearly would like to go haha. she wanna go charles & Keith shop :p

Hippo/sookie,

my freezer didn't store other food; no raw food just BM and some ice cream at the freezer door and some oranges (that was not put by me lah - don't know why MIL put oranges in the freezer)

so is it still same to drink those already slightly exposed?

Pearly,

thought yesterday u went causeway point already?

but then i thought causeway point is having renovation so a lot of shop is not open.. i don't remember seeing charles and Keith open leh

pearly

NO NO!! tdy need to charge my batt full full for tml usage. lol

u enjoy shopping bah.

fungfung

yah better use up the expose one 1st. u can use the avent container for chilled one, this is wat I do lah. to fridge I use avent cup. I ll pour out the amt I need then warm up. or surer use the cup to warm up then pour into btl as this way can clean the btl. after chilled, ll have some fat stain on the side

Fung,

Yes. Use those That aldy expose 1st... Safer... Think if i ask u throw u will whack me... Haa haa...

Make sure u taste the milk b4 give to baby...

Andrea,

Elmo said I Huey ka... Think ur ka are huey-er than me.... Haa haa haa...

bbgoh,

so is still safe to use those exposed one even though like quite some time liao and got ice cream at the freezer door and some oranges inside the freezer.

if thaw it, how long it can last inside the fridge?

TGIF mummies!

I'm like a crazy woman, been having light sleep since baby's birth & nowadays after baby's midnight feed, I'm unable to go back to sleep liao.

Woke up at 2.30am n awake until now.....sighzzz.....

Fungfung, er, I think I would still discard d milk lor..better to be safe than sorry!

Hippopolai,

haha... no lah will not whack you lah.. i also want to play safe.. if really need to throw, then no choice lor, will juz have to throw, just treat it as a lesson to me lor.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

if thaw already (24hours to thaw), how long it can keep inside the fridge for?

ningyo

me too. usually after midnight pump I take 1-2hr to sleep. my mind just kp awake. sianzz.

fungfung

if u got more excess, just discard it. if not, shd be safe to use. still up to u lah, to me I m quiet okie hehe. I ll give if my ss is so so but if a lot like now then I won'tind just discard loh. ice cream & orange r not raw food. after defrost, must use within 24hrs.

morning ladies..

damn tired tonight still got weddin dinner tml sure extrablack panda eyes... zzZZZzz...

Re: Gathering

any 1 keen to meetup at hotel???

Hotel ibis Singapore on Bencoolen

it's all about TASTE restaurant

• 1-for-1 set menu from S$15++ (Mon - Fri)

or we can have hi-tea buffet?

bbgoh,

got excess lah.. but then find it wasted though. maybe like what hippo said, taste before giving.. if there is no smell or no funny taste, then juz give lor, should be fine.

and it will take 24 hours to defrost in the fridge right? or can i defrost using tap water, then i don't need to wait till 24 hours to defrost.

Fungfung,

dunno i am thinkin of havin some gd food be4 go back to work hahah... now checkin see any hotel got those 1 for 1 deal anot .... or u got any idea? am thinkin of carousel but abit ex la..

piggy,

i think have, let me check then i let you know later coz pumping now.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning ladies!~~~

Can't wait for tml's gathering~~ woohoo!!

Yesterday went back MIL's plc then bb keep staring at me.. as if telling me hw come i go out nv bring him.. *guilty*

Carrier: anyone bring beco or any carrier tml? Can let me have a try ma cause i thought of buying one..

bbgoh,

can use tap water to defrost totally? for how long to be put under tap water? then still can keep the thawed milk after defrost? for how long? ok.. great, if like that i dun need to wait till 12 hours to defrost in the fridge

Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2011 - 8:46 pm:        

Storage guidelines 

HUMAN MILK STORAGE - QUICK REFERENCE CARD 

Temperature Storage Time 

Freshly expressed milk 

Warm room 79°F / 25°C 4-6 hours 

Room temperature 66-72°F / 19-22°C 10 hours 

Insulated cooler / icepacks 60°F / 15°C 24 hours 

Refrigerated Milk (Store at back, away from door) 

Refrigerator (fresh milk) 32-39°F / 0-4°C 8 days 

Refrigerator (thawed milk) 32-39°F / 0-4°C 24 hours 

Frozen Milk (Do not refreeze! Store at back, away from door/sides) 

Freezer compartment 

inside refrigerator (older-style) Varies 2 weeks 

Self-contained freezer unit 

of a refrigerator/freezer Varies 3-6 months 

Separate deep freeze 0°F / 19°C 6-12 months 

These guidelines are for milk expressed for a full-term healthy baby. 

If baby is seriously ill and/or hospitalized, discuss storage guidelines with baby’s doctor. 

To avoid waste and for easier thawing & warming, store milk in 1-4 ounce portions. Date milk before storing. Milk from different pumping sessions/days may be combined in one container – use the date of the first milk expressed. 

Breastmilk is not spoiled unless it smells really bad or tastes sour. 

To thaw milk 

Thaw slowly in the refrigerator (this takes about 12 hours – try putting it in the fridge the night before you need it). Avoid letting milk sit out at room temperature to thaw. 

For quicker thawing, hold container under running water - start cool and gradually increase temperature. 

Previously frozen milk may be kept in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours after it has finished thawing. Do not refreeze. 

To warm milk 

Heat water in a cup or other small container, then place frozen milk in the water to warm; or 

Use a bottle warmer. 

NEVER microwave human milk or heat it directly on the stove. 

The cream will rise to the top of the milk during storage. Gently swirl milk (do not shake) to mix before checking temperature and offering to baby. 

If baby does not finish milk at one feeding, it may be refrigerated and offered at the next feeding before it is discarded. 

Want to print the above information? Go to Quick Reference Card

fungfung

quiet fast, tat day I defrost used tap water thk take abt 1hr ita totally defrost le then I use it directly.

yah after defrost u kp in fridge, use up within 24hr loh but if can why not just use up 1st.. kp the fresh one for next feed

bbgoh,

mean hv to let it thaw under running tap water for 1hr? must i increase the temp of the tap water?

i cant use all directly coz too much for my boi, (each container i can spilt into 2 feeds) still need to put inside fridge.

Fung,

Why don't you take out the frozen milk the night before.. By tmrw morning, it will be thawed and then pour our the correct volume to warm up and keep the rest in the fridge.. Can o ly be kept for 24 hrs..

If I were you, I would actually throw away the frozen milk that has been exposed.. Better safe..

Fung,

Actually when you thaw milk at room temp tap water, the drastic change in temp can destroy more nutrients from the bm.. If you read the instruction that bbgoh posted, they mentioned to avoid thawing frozen milk at room temp..

gerry,

heehee, i only took out 1hr ago coz i thought it needs 24hrs to be thawed so juz nice for tml morning use. so now i noe can be thawed overnite.

is not totally exposed, only part of the cover is lifted only coz of the expansion.

Back