(2011/03) Mar 2011

smiggleprince: i dont eat beef one. so slightly cheaper than u.

but then do u find your body better after doing the stupid xin ku confinement? for me i find got difference for my #1 and #2

legoland is fun, your brats will enjoy. but if got chance, u can go out and eat instead of eating inside. the food inside is exp and NOT NICE!

YUP,my #1 i didnt really have confinement..

so for #2 i just whack...

I recover my strength cos of the beef..

and got alot of milk from the nutritious soup..

I might head straight to Little Big Club first if i don have time for legoland.. cos driving down from KL is abt 4 hrs.... I hope there is food there..

Hi Mummies!!

Talking about confinement food, is it ok not to drink dom or any tonic brew with dom? Got drink and no drink got diff? Last round I totally never drink a single drop of dom cos I dont like and only drink 1x ginseng wine that my grandma made... but of cos all 3 meals will eat the rice wine and hao zao.... I seriously have like 6-8 bottles of dom in my store dunno what to do or should I just close eye and wack it this time round...

Can mummies refresh my memory how long after all these dom/martell tonic can I BF?

Lucky for me that my PIL are fish mongers so all my fishes are free... last round MIL do marketing for me during confinement and she never take a single cent from me but I got give her 2 AP for good luck purpose la... I think for that 1 month my fav is zhu jiao chu, black bean soup and pig stomach soup.... the worst soup papaya fish soup lol...

little big club is near to legoland i think.

perhaps i should plan a road trip to KL also. kyler been asking about it. but there nothing much leh.

XFZ: if the CL know how to brew the DOM. it can be really nice. i love it and my hub love it too. cos drink already sweat like shit.

but i see her do, i sweat. cos got to squeeze all the ginger manually, and need to have one bowl of ginger juice leh.

its ok not to drink, but its very good. otherwise brandy also can.

for me, i pump already then i drink. but then i know once u brew it. the liquor evaporated, so its safe for bf. but if u are scared, play safe 2 hours will be good.

papaya fish soup is so yucky hor! i also think so.

i also dun like dom. But if add that into the chicken soup i'm ok to drink.

2Ks,

Papaya fish soup is YUMMY ... i love it .. i fried the fish with sesame with teh slice ginger, then only add the water in to boil.

Slurp....

sinmey: my CL cook the dom with black chicken and ginger juice. its yummy leh...

i especially love that cos i sweat all over after that. feel warm also.

Buy more Dom for ur next confinement. I dun like the sweet taste leh.... Still, I pinch the nose n swallow it. No need Dom, each meal I sweat like hell n gotta change clothes after each meal.

Good morning all! I went hello kitty and little big club over the weekend. Hello kitty super small, about size of 2 5room HDB, 1 floor. Little bug club has 2 levels, has kiddy rides and indoor playgrounds. We paid RM110 for 2 adults, toddlers free. Best to go at 10am cos the place is so small, it gets really crowded in the afternoon.

Alamak... die la... i'm going on 15 dec... then 9am go there... my coach back is like 7pm... wonder how to spend my time there.. hah

Yeah we finished it in 2 hours, no crowd. But I guess with crowd, you probably need a few more hours to queue up etc. pls also bring own food cos nothing much to eat and you have to queue very very long to get food (they tend to take their own time to serve).

Was on mc on thurs n fri, so no time to log in here.

ST, yes, will hire CL although I don't like but my hb and mum insist me to have one and I think I need help for first week to bathe baby since I will be in pain and can't squat. Anyway hb paying, so I feel more balance to hire one CL.

For me, I don't heck confinement one, very disobedient. B4 I tried my first confinement I told myself I wanna do a strict good confinement but after went through it I know I cannot take it, so now I also give up on strict confinement. I will bathe daily, hair maybe wash once every two days. If got massage will wash everyday and I will never use herb water to bathe again as my skin is allergy to it. I don't wanna have rashes anymore. My fingers were numb in the first month too, I think coz I keep washing pumps myself and open fridge many times a day to store ebm. My previous CL was lousy and lazy. Hopefully this one will not give me headache. Plus I cannot confine to home for 30-40 days. If I need to go out, I will still go out.

I very stubborn and disobedient. Haha.. to me already taken epidural, if epidural will affect my back in future, then do how well confinement also same ma. Let it be loh, anyway old liao sure will have problem. Hair I sure must wash coz I rather have headache than becoming bald. I only will follow well with the confinement food since I love pig kidney. But I dislike alcohol tonic too. and I don't take ginger for the first week when baby has jaundice.

fel, ex leh but think mine still not the most ex. Mine is $2.3k I already heartpain until dunno what. I heard now becomes $2.5-2.8k. I booked my CL 1 mth after I tested positive coz I scare dragon year very high demand. Indeed it was not easy to find loh. When I call to ask around most already booked until Oct/Nov. The later ones had hard time finding a CL.

hhaa, ya Fel.

Dragon year, hard to get CL. for me, mine charge $2.4K, for 3 weeks. In time for her to go back for CNY. If not, the amt will sure exceed $3K over CNY period!

I'm so tired, sleepy.... 4 more days to go on maternity leave! Next week will be officially on ML, yeah!!! Finally....

JAJ,

so fast ? ooh, i feel excited for u .. haha

rest well ... we should arrange some meet up when u r too bored at home .. haha. Aiyoo, u remind me of ur freestyle in the ktv room .... LOL

sinmey, jio me for KTV after Dec, no problem! wahahaha.. I bring mei mei along, Javier send him to CC. lol...

allets, I am taking ML 2 weeks earlier to rest at hm and do a final spring clean of my house before mei mei's arrival. She can come out anytime now, this week I'm stepping into 38 weeks already.

Wow so fast 38 weeks already... very soon u will be carrying her in your arm... =)

*envy*

yupz.... dragon plus close to CNY mah!

Wow, Annie.. it's the waiting game soon!!! sp exciting.. we shall all satnby FB and see meimei!!! Currently, you on MC or AL??

I'm thinking of asking my gyane to give me MC for the week before my EDD leh! For this one, I really feel so heavy and dun feel like working!

Fel, I am a bit contradicting.. want her to come out soon but scare of the 1-2 years imprisonment life... wahahaha...

Ya, you still young and have time to try. Jia you!!

tres, I'm working my last week now. Monday officially start ML loh. I nv take HL but I exceed my ML and AL. Luckily my boss is very nice nv deduct as unpaid leaves.

I am rather nervous for that D-day now. At the same time is very curious if mei mei will look like Javier. hehe... Seeing many 2nd time mummies their 2nd bb all look like elder one at birth leh.

annie: hope u have a fast fast labour. smooth one too...

waterbag burst by itself then otw to hospital already dilate 5cm kind.

2Ks, I hope so too! But I really don't dare to pin much hope on fast labour thinking back my first one was 21 hrs. sian half.. wahaha... I never experience waterbag burst by itself, will be panicked? I wish to try it leh.. at least have experience on both bloody show and water bag burst. hehe..

JAJ: 2 words if waterbag burst, MESSY & WET!

like u pee on your pants la...

i didnt panicked, i still went bath then bring towels put in car, cos the flow of the water is not like non stop flowing kind. it will flow stop flow stop like that.

Hope you will have a Safe and fast delivery Annie and Tres!

I was induced too, so I always wonder how does it feel to have water bag burst. I think I'll have a c section for #2 cos my birth canel is very narrow. #1 barely squeezed through, gynae said if next one bigger than 3kg, gotta go for c section.

May I know if I need take note of any behavior changes etc when the kid starts cc? Most of my friends have bad exp and they are scaring me, boo. Don't anyone see positive changes?

Annie,

Hard to say. My #1 was overdue n induced so waited 10+hrs. Shay was 3wks earlier n labour only 2 hrs. Now u do housework more plus carry Javier maybe it's faster labour.

Tres, wish u a fast n smooth labour too.

Mimimo,

Positive is... Shay can say 1-10 after 1 mth at pg and now he can recognize A to D.... But do expect some notti behavior like throw tantrum or cry or scream lo... They see other kids did that in school n come back try on mummy see it is more effective

mimimo: for me, i find kiefer abit spoilt when he was in ifc. but now slightly better in toddler cos lesser attention on him.

but so far i have more positive points on him at cc than negative points.

he can self feed, can take out pants himself, can tell he poo, can count as well and he is talking alot alot of words now. i can understand what he wants now.

he can tell me his classmate names and can recognise whose shoes whose bags as well.

so to me more positive than negative.

Good morning mummies! Thanks for the feedback [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Have you read about the KKH mixup? It's unacceptable that such errors can happen in a well established hospital, plus it's quite odd that the parents didnt recognize their own babies.

wow... Shay can count 1-10 and A-D...

Gosh... Eden can't do any of it... lol....

He is talking much more now... but i don't understand like 80% of it... haha...

Thanks, mimimo24...

Sinmey, you gave me a light of hope! I really hope my labour this time round will be lesser than 5 hrs and not 10 hrs or so. :D

Water bag burst pls don't happen in office can le... If not so paiseh.. haha..

Kiefer so smart! I heard spoilt/naughty boy is smarter. too smart that's why naughty! haha...

Ya, I think the parents have to take the blame for not being able to recognize their own babies as well. Cannot solely blame just the hospital. I really cannot understand how the parents (total 4 ppl or more) cannot even identify their own babies at the point of discharge? If the mothers bf the babies, they should be able to recognize the baby well enough ma, own baby leh, no instinct meh? hmm... really weird... Or maybe the two babies really look very alike...

fel: kiefer got a korkor at home mah, i think it play a part in his learning also.

and then korkor we speak english then didi we speak chinese, so i think they get to communicate in both languages.

i can understand what kiefer is saying most of the time. he is quite clear already. he can even tell my mum that he had porridge and banana in school when my mum went fetch him last sat.

JAJ: maybe the mum had c section then cant latch, baby keep in nursery or maybe she had GA thats why sleepy thus didnt see baby long time?

some babies really look the same i think...

but i find kkh abit careless leh...scary. but thats human mistake la..not the hospital mistake

fel,

yes, though the pronunciation is bit out .. haha. Eden will start his chatter soon. Wait u ask him to shut up .. haha. Maybe Shay is #2 so he learn faster. Watever the jie jie do, also he will follow .. including combing & tie hair .. lol.

JAJ,

jiayou, u r active doing housework ma .. i think sure shorter labour la .. waiting for the exciting labour story soon .. haha

2Ks,

i think notti kids are smarter too .... console myself coz i have both hyper notti kids.

Hi Mummies!

I think most newborn do look alike hehe... well we as parents just have to be more careful and open our eyes big big and see... Last time #1 I ask hub to follow the bb ard once she is out and make sure they tag bb with the correct name and info... this time round also will ask hub to follow bb ard just to be sure... then at the same time can take video/photo of all the process like weighing, measurement etc... when bf-ing just loosen the swaddle and take a look at the tag just to be sure lor...

I think its also more of a positive impact on my gal after gg to PG thou tantrums, shouting, screaming that she monkey see monkey do are sure to have... at least she speaks abit more which I can now understand better, help out with placing her clothes into her own laundry basket, help to throw bits and pieces of rubbish etc... can listen better to instruction, can self-feed, can signal she is shitting, can put on and take off her own pants etc =) thou she still don/t like to keep her toys...

thanks mummies... but dun wish me too early yet!

I'm only due in Jan...

Let's all focus the best wishes to Annie first ba!!! ;-)

I think letting kids go school is good! Chloe can also recite A for apple.. to K for kite!!! Of course not accurate but it is a good step (to me).

She also know to sway when she hears music, mumble to the tune of her nursery rhymes...etc... BUt the down side is that.. always fever lor... Yesterday dunno why, kena fever .. heng this morning, ok liao.... so... i think that is the DOWNside to it!

Hi mummies,

back from KL and so tired...

Kasper is a good traveller.. sleep in the car most of the time...

But once he is out, he is so naughty.. cant control him running everywhere....

Unless i use food to bribe him....

The kids love the hotel and refuse to leave... Kasper and his korkor were chasin each other around the suite....

Basically we were nua-ing in the hotel.. Every meal we had, Kasper insist on feeding himself...

End up, he had the most laundry to do....

i booked a suite at One World Utama.

good breakfast and has a water slide.

Shoppin wise nothin even though shoppin centre One Utama is huge..

If you wanna go Kidzania, then better to stay at Royal Bintang,

hey hey mummies...

I remember one of you said that you are giving your odler probotics.. which brand one?

Chloe is having runny nose and cough again... sian lah! Every 2 weeks sia. Pump her up w meds also doesn;t help! dunno what else to do liao!

tres, Javier also started to cough ytd, sian loh!!! like every mth will cough... I very scare his cough worsen, so faster pump him with med since I still have them at hm... These two weeks crucial week, hopefully he dun fall sick when mei mei arrives!

ya lor, sian max!!!

I also pump w MEds but always pump w MEds.. dunno good for their tny bodies or not?

I heard from my GP, buckwheat honey is good for kids with plemhgy cough.. intend to get some a try ba!

Back