(2011/03) Mar 2011

Yes yes! Now Javier also like to hide one corner, stand and poo! So funny... I caught him few times. At times I will try to tease him and asked if he is making big biz then he will look paiseh. Think they start to know embarass now.

Maid is hard to find good one, but there is good one lah. I think is heng sway one loh. But even when they arrive as well behaved and hardworking will also become arrogant and lazy after some time of working. I always hear the same thing from my surrounding friends who have maid. Pay money to give headache very sian loh...

JAJ - Same... Eden CC also like that.. Come back with red ass... lol... Got twice so bad... Kena fungal infection u know...

I applied purple desitin for two weeks n it didnt get better... End up is fungal infection...

Once i pick him up i straight away can smell poo on him... lol.. so i ask teachers to change him first...

allets - wow.. your 2 room become one room.. sounds like a cool idea... shiok.....

Tres - i dunno what to buy to "bu" also... i don't really like chicken essence... got the smell.. so strong..

haha, I also dun know much abt TCM..

BUt nowadays I will drink Essence of Chicken once in a while.. buy some bird nest and cordyceps to add into soups & all. Coz my coll, recently told me that I can grind into powder esp cordyceps.. so just add a bit into the soup that I'm drinking & all lor.... intend to continue if I can remember ba! Just for overall health benefits!!!

yes yes, agree with Annie.. maids are one commodity that we use $$ to pay but still give us endless headaches / worries.

So it is really normal for CC to pay less attention to their poo. Sigh... It happened twice on him in 2 months le leh... I never bother to buy purple desitin coz the one PD prescribed me is more effective but also need their cooperation to apply diligently then will help leh. If not like not much help. So what can we do? Just endure it n let them neglect their butt ah? I can't wait to withdraw him n let my mum looks after whenever I see how less attention/care they show to CC kids. Only the activities are what makes me don't bear to withdraw him. Other than this I really hope to withdraw him asap loh. I miss IFC teachers. Sigh...

JAJ - u told me about your "special" diaper cream before... i can't seem to find it anywhere lo.. google also cannot find any info about it... =)

Congrats Shirley for your smooth and fast delivery! Rem to rest well whenever u can.. jia you!!

Fel, it must be really tiring for u to work shifts, take care of Eden and doing all the housework.. i must really say, for your age, you are a very capable mummy! Hopefully you can find a maid soon and lighten your burden.. Understand it's extremely tiring if you don't have an extra pair of helping hands to help you whenever u need help.. i'm working from 8 to 6pm everyday, reach home 7 plus, i feel very drained already.. cannot imagine if i gotta work shifts, will probably go crazy! jia you! u r doing a fantastic job! =D

ohh.. now then I realised is a coomon prob for red butts...

We fetched Ethan home to find his diaper full of poo poo..

Sigh.

Decided to withdraw him, heavy heart yest.

Other than not changing the diaper, the school forgot to check his temp before letting him in a few times.

Hubby felt this is a basic and if a cc needs us to remind them on such basic then we shouldnt stay put liao. So tired.

Luckily MFS called me this afternoon to offer me a place. Opening in Jan so maybe go see see how then decide.

Fel, same with you, I also been trying for some time liao.. I think since Ethan turn 1yo. So sound so pic.

Then I see one by one our mummies here happening loh. Tsktsk..

milktea, you confirm withdrawing Ethan ah? The checking of temperature is basis leh. Javier's CC at least will strictly use new plastic glove to check every kid's mouth, palm and sole before letting them in to CC compound then will check their temperature also. This one they nv fail to carry out every morning. Coz Javier hates to open his mouth for checking, so everytime whines.. haha... But now he slowly getting use to being asked to open mouth n check. The poo is really irritating lah. I can't accept the reason of not enough teachers to change them on time leh. It takes really long for the butt to become red until that extend leh. At home we will miss it to change immediately but also not to the extend of resulting in bad diaper rash. For bad diaper rash to develop the poo must be really inside diaper very long! Very angry. Next sat is the meet-the-parents session, I wanna go complain! lol...

Milktea- one thing i learnt from MFS, you must sound very desperate, urgent, they will proritise you and immediately tell u got slot. sometimes i wonder if they Queue number zhun one not. this happened to 2 MFS outlets last week, called same day even though few days back, the queue i got still long long away.

finally i think my mind settled down. i went to tour the exterior of the MFS downstairs yest, convince myself that i made the right choice of rejecting them. because if their basic housekeeping also cmi, how can i trust them to look after my ger. i went and surprised to see their backyard (the kids sandpit area) like so so messy loh!

for #2, hope when i decided to try, will fast fast tio like my #1, i tioed on the 2nd month of trying i think.

as for bu body, there is this TCM near JE, the chinese herbs are in pills form, so i will go there when i tiao-ing my body for #2.

why withdraw

Milk tea - which school Ethan is at now?

How long have he been there ?

U use those OPK to test?

Milktea - Upon fetching ethan, then u see/smell poo poo in his diapers?

Or reach home liao then u see the poo poo?

If upon fetching, u discover it, can ask them to change straight away ma...

milktea: for MFS, daily checks on temperature and hands and legs is a requirement. teachers will change new gloves upon checking each kid.

why have u decided to withdraw ethan?

one thing have to let u know, even though u change to MFS, but it might be about the same also. dont expect too much. its childcare centre, thus 1-1 attention is really limited.

have to see open abit.

otherwise maybe u consider 3 hourly class? it might be better for u.

i think maybe because of kyler ifc, when kiefer in mfs, i already lower down my expectation, and i tot its better.

but then everyone has different expectations la.

can only close one eye for me.

Hi mummies!!

Talking abt cc... Lucky I met 2ks in forum and she prep me on the cc (same as Kyler) else I will feel double sad for my gal lol... But so long she is being taken care of, got sleep, play, eat no injuries, everyday come home happy never say don't want to got to sch then I'm fine else dunno who can help me look after liao cos both side parents are working... Recently the only unhappy thing at sch is those stupid mosquitoes... Bite my gal until swollen and blister lor... Bite the hand and leg I ren, but last week even the face also kena 2 bites but lucky did not developed into blisters my hub go 'feedback' again to the teacher and the principal called... It's non air con sch so I also cannot pinpoint the mozzies from where but I accept the principal explanation and starting this week everyday I ask the teacher to use mozzie patch on my gal...

Tres - hope you are sleeping better I feels tired Liao... it feels so heavy at the V area then doc say because #2 Liao inside loose already... This time round the confinement must really eat and bu gd gd.... I tell my hub I'm gg to invest more in better herbs this time round...

hi hi XFZ... been eating kiwi these days seems to have lesser heartburn but sleepwise it is better than last week *touchwood*. But #2 just feels a lot more 'heavier' than #1...

Ooppsss.. me gonna cut short my confinement this time ard coz i wanna go out for CNY hahahah! Maybe for the first 3 weeks, I'm gonna chiong all the bu stuff then ! hahahaha!

tres: if u are not having a 3rd one, try to close the chapter. i.e have a good confinement. its for future health.

#1 and #2 for me, #2 i really bu and take care alot and my health is really much better.

this is what i believe la somemore not young already leh, in 30s so must take care

XFZ: kyler also got bitten last week. but like what u said, as long they happy and safe, i think have to close eye la. anyway the teachers cant be that bad la

2k - if i have a second one.. sure hire a confinement lady... n ask u for lots of tips... for how to bu the body.

hahah, 2Ks, the answer to your qns, is .. i dun know!

I want but let's see how i cope first!! but I will still 'bu' my body with the herbs lor... maybe not too strict as #1 but herbs and eating wise, it should not be lesser ba!

oh abt those playgroups... Chloe's PG also dun do temp checks.. only sanitised the hands before lessons commences. That is something my hb also mention but I saw the teachers asking parents why is the kid having runny nose & all... so I guess, it should be ok ba?

fel: provided u can tahan my way la. actually my way is not so bad already, just ren for the 1st 10 days... then subsequent i feel stronger leh. really, no bluff u one. during kyler time, i even had fever and flu lor and the i feel my fingers numb.

have a CL is good la, so u can rest, but provided u have a good one. or at least one that can help.

Fel, I got use OPK too, but u know, sometimes no time coz my Hubby work late, when he comes home I am in lala land with my boyfriend liao =P

Ethan is with Ecokidds now, they have a branch in Punggol too.

My inlaw fetch, reached home then realised diaper got poo poo..

2Ks, decided to withdraw him not because lacking of the 1-1 attention, esp after I realised it happened to everyone.

The main reason is we find them like don't have a standard procedure. Somedays can forget to check temperature. Like a newbie in cc industry lidat u know.

And hor, guess what! I pasted the new sticker on his milk bottle, milk powder dispenser.

The teachers just marker write his name just next to my sticker. Sigh..

Jan then centre open loh.

Ya, that.s the most upsetting part, I felt bad thjat I chose a not so good school and while he seems to slowly be able to accept the new environment, I pulled him out and in Jan, the whole procedure starts again.

Do you think its too young to let them take school bus at about 2yo?

milktea- why teacher write the name? the preferred name they want to call ?

whoa, all the cc woes, hopefully J's transition will be a smooth one. yes, cc is not meant for 1-1 attention, so as long as they are fine, happy, healthy, i ok liao.

i checked with the principal for J's cc to-be: as for temp check n hand, is standard sop for most cc, at least 2x or some even 3x. got fever nia, immediately bring home de. but if kids got flu n cough, the cc close 1 eye lah.

tres / Xfz - yes, confinment must really bu else the body will suffer. my sis learnt her lesson. #1 time, keep on sitting up watch tv, mum cooked food complain, dont want to eat this and that etc. in the end, her health suffer with frequent headaches, cold, flu , backpain etc like always fall sick. than #2, she bu back all the way, u can see her body must stronger loh.

for me, like what 2ks said, 1st few days suffer abit, than wun suffer for long term. food wise, eat as much bu as you can, the 1st 40 days, my ah ma always said, eat charcoal also wun feel heaty de. So i drank 3-4 bottles chix essence a day, 2 standard soup for back and clear blood a day by mil. avoid using tap water for washing. even bottle washing, i use rubber gloves. if i do my confinment again, i will get a confiement lady, so that she can focus on caring for my bb. Js time, asked my mum to do for me, cannot hiam lah. but just that at times i need to care for my own newborn cos my sis kids stayed same house as my mum. so not enough rest for me .

milktea - is a matter of whether you fang xin not. i think 2yo for school bus is ok. cos the bus will have 1 attendant to follow the driver. my niece and nephew sat school bus to gombak cherie heart from bukit batok after their 1 week.

for J, i will let her sit school bus home to my mum place so that mum can help me settle /cook her dinner before i go and pick her. hb decided to not put at in laws cos dont want to 看mil脸色.

i was abit paranoid yest when i picked J up. v light rain and told mil bring J down so taht we can pick and go, she came down without an umbrella, never mind, both walk in the open towards the car. Than she can use her hand to cover her own head but not J. i wondering why like that ?

Allets

Your MIL power..

care for herself first..

I wont like it too..

Tonics

Cordyseps is good.. there is the powder kind which u can buy from medical halls..

And add into your bowl of soup.. easy peasy..

Mossies

To keep away mossies, lemongrass is very.. They don like the smell..

I will burn the essential oil everyday since Kasper also prone to the bites..

Or can just dab a few drops on the clothes..

smiggleprince - i dont think is she care for herself. but rather, it just doesnt come to mind that she has a toddler that she need to car for first or maybe, forget J's existence.

2k - first ten days? Lol... what will happen? cannot shower?

I also didnt do confinement.. First month fingers was numb... after that no more le.. so far no health problem. took epidural also no back pain....

if have back pain also can blame as work related la.. cos my work is quite back breaking one.. sometimes need to carry heavy pt...

Milktea - yeah i know Ecokidd have one branch at punggol. It's near to MFS also....

Anyway i think Ethan poo poo after your parents/inlaw fetch him from cc?

Poo poo en route home? Give benefit of doubt to them?

I use OPK also... so far like once 2-3x positive only.. but also didnt tio lottery... haha...

fel: you are still young, u cant feel it now one. later ok..u wait..lol.

ya 1st 10 days no shower, wear long sleeve and pants, wear slippers, wear socks when sleep, no chicken.

wash hands with boiled warm water, brush wash mouth with warm boiled water.

epidural effects, i heard my gf said later part, not like the first few years.

u are still young, your system generally should be better than those in 30s la..

so faster have yr 2nd one.

2k - wow... omg... first ten days no shower? then u got sponge a not? Wipe your body? Your hair how? Never stick together?

haha... Dont think i can tahan... i showered in hospital like 4 hrs after delivering...

Got aircon a not? u wrap up so much?

Die la. From what u say.. my body like kena damaged liao... haha..

fel: no la...maybe your immune system better leh.

i no shower but i got wipe down, use hot herbal water to wipe down. hair i had very short hair mah, so not so bad la. have to clean up abit leh cos breastfeeding. but all i used herbal bath to do it.

i wear long pants at home, top no long sleeve la. and wear slippers at home lor.

aircon only on when i am sleeping. normal afternoon no aircon. actually sweat out is good. i dunno use how many boxes of tissue lor. lol

all these is personal preference la, some ppl dont believe it. i actually compared between #1 and #2, and its really better that i do those minimal ones. whole month no bath i tar bo leh tahan la. my CL said 1st 10 days more crucial only (i dunno why though?) so i just stick to it lor.

no harm just tahan for that 10 days then suffer in future rite

wave wave to Lilprecious

Toddler take school bus,

i think most kids love the school bus experience. My girl always ask me y she cannot take school bus. Even during PG last year, i think her class only 3-4 students sent by parents, others all by bus. My girl always look at the bus with round big eyes.

So, it is a reward for her by taking bus. If she doing good, no fuss, i'll try to go early, picked her by bus ... siao ho. Sometimes hb wait for us at the few bus stop front & we hop in his car to pick up Shay.

Confinement,

I also believe in this. OK, i shower the 3rd after i reached home, with herb/ginger la .. Wash hair after 12days. No chicken/zhu jiao and only kailan/brocolli for 1st 12 days...

Maybe my mum brain wash me la .. she always tell me, woman can live the tough life the whole life, but MUST treat ourself well on the confinement. My parents are not from a weathly family and she worked till the day she delivered and back to work after 40days. But, she never failed to have a confinement aunty to help her on the 1st 30days. including taking care all of us when new sibbling arrived. Not sure if its true, my mum dun have backache de leh.

Poo Poo in diaper,

i dun have problem with #1, coz once she poo poo even at 12mths, she will not sit or let ppl carry, must immediately change. She will cry if the poo poo 'pressed' to touch her butt ... she is a clean freak on diaper so she escape the rash. Shay is dun care type, poo poo full liao or leak can still play slide ... faint. But he can tell teacher he ng ng and chou chou. Before that, i also experience the poo in diaper when i picked him. I think the cc last diaper change schedule is around 4-4.30pm. After that, kids are free play or story telling/music instead of staying in class with 1-2 teachers. So, unless the poo poo really smelly or kids can tell teacher, else they may not noticed de.

i think kiefer also will touch touch his bottom if he poo.

but then really like what sinmey says, sometimes not the teacher bo chup. its sometimes they really never notice after the last diaper change. unless they really one by one carry the kid which is unlikely.

but then if i fetch and the teacher carry and notice got poo, they will auto bring to change him first then pass to me la.

sinmey: i also no chicken no zhu jiao until 10 days later. actually is 12 days la...cos 10 + 2 days in hospital lor.

haha...just like kyler. when bring him take mrt, he gets so excited. like so deprived like that

2ks ...if first 10 days no chicken no zhu jiao then what did you eat?

I cant really remember what did I have during confinement leh..

ST: actually is 12 days la. but i minus the 2 days in hospital mah.

i had pork pork and pork lor..LOL

fish lor, brocolli, kai lan, spinach

but sometimes my CL know i sian, so she will cook fried noodles, mee hoon kueh, mee sua lor.

oh eggs also after 12 days i remember.

then i remember i think i had almost 30/40 kampong eggs. cos my MIL ordered 2 rounds for me, each round is 30 eggs

ST,

the yao rou & kidney lor .... with the rice wine ... but i like .. with mee sua, dou qian, mee hoon kueh, rice .. haha

pork with herbal soup still can drink la ... but main dish only yao rou & kidney ... i can't remember i eat spinach, only kai lan, brocolli, & french bean i think.

Ooh, i miss confinement food ... i go your house ta bao when u all having confinement can ? hahaha

sinmey: sometimes i will still cook the rice wine with egg and meat for my hubby, cos its his favourite and kyler also take that lor.

those confinement ingredients also cost a bomb hor.

i remember my mum said she spend almost $800

all those fishes, kampong chicken.

i stupid, should have ordered my fish from hub's friend

Wah..

talkin abt confinement reminds me when i had #1..

I literally no bathe no shower until a week later....

Sweat like mad....

My MIL stil made me wear long pants, socks and slippers...

together with the tummy wrap, can die!!!

plus no fan no aircon...

I hate confinement.. cos i don like the food.....

totally wish i can skip it..

we spent more than $1000 on food cos i ate alot of beef..hehe...

Woohoo

gonna be on roadtrip with the two brats tmr....

cant wait....

Back