(2011/03) Mar 2011

kyler still drinking from bottles...LOL

but i got him to brush his teeth before he zzz.

i think i should train him soon..

ok...soon.

kiefer buay sai la..not yet. he can quietly drink in his cot so i better dont touch him yet. otherwise no peace after 8.45pm

2Ks

same here.. #1 still on bottle...

gives him comfort so i think wean him later...

Tres

nurse said the sucking motion gives baby comfort..

that's why they suck their thumbs or babies keep quiet once they have their pacifier..

im not gonna worry abt their teeth yet since i value what they need more.. esp when i cant provide the same comfort as the milk bottle...

hahaaha, to me, it makes my nights more peaceful so i think I won't stop lah!!!

True lor... comfort to them is more impt afterall, this set of milk teeth eventually, will drop so.. i should only worry later right?

mummies....

i m feeling very stressed up and emo...sigh...

1) maid is horrible. felt kind kena bluffed by agency. Agency told me she can speak english and very hardworking. in the end, after 20days working for me, simple english like throw, bed, wash, dirty, oily etc etc she cannot understand.. sometimes i wan to scold her but after scolding i think she only treat me as a crazy dog barking caz she simply just stare back at me.... ask her to clean house, everyday i come home, she sure to report to me she spoil something, yesterday broke a piggy bank, the day before dono how she did it, but the metal thingy for the toilet roll in toilet is broken off from the wall, then some time back, she claim that she wash toilet shower and off came the shower holder, she even managed to get the toilet bowl brush stuck in the toilet bowl while brushing the toilet bowl.

2) Becaz of this maid, i think she created so many conflicts in the house. she makes my mum angry, then my mum complain to me while i working in office. then come back scold her, mum pissed off say why shout at her, so paiseh neighbours can hear...but i talk to her nicely for 3 times she stil dont do correctly, i still have to tahan and talk nicely to her meh?? then dont complain to me lah.. i also workin and very stressful at work leh..

i guess when the maid piss off one person in the house, eventually the fire will erupt to the whole household...

then now i am stuck.. to do away w maid, my mum will have to manage my noti son and do housework, and me & my hubby have to clean up our house ourselves on weekends...

now good maids hard to come by liao..and their salary soooooo expensive now..agency fees also increase for nothing...sigh..

3) Its gettin more and more stressful at work..wonder if i shld quit and find another job..but then again, out of comfort zone, feeling very insecure leh..

4) My SS crashed horribly...all of a sudden, each pump only less than 80ml...like that can die man..how could it be so little only...tsk tsk tsk.. i still intend to hold on til bb next jab leh...sigh...

still got many more complains..but....sigh...

sorry mi long post...to vent off abit here...

hey mummies,

how to effectively get rid of bed bugs ar ? i dunno why, i caught 1 tiny bug on my sofa last evening. resemble cockroach but much flatter. is it bed bug ? and my concern is dunno got more not. but the situation not so serious until warrant a pest control ba. also, always sometimes will kana mosquito look-alike kind of bite on the back. is it bed bug ? aiyoh! i hate these creepy crawlies!

Allets

Bed bugs invade very quickly...

My bro-inlaw brought back from his army camp and soon his whole house was infected..

They had to throw away their mattress and spring clean.. almost have to call in the professional..

When Kasper went there, he kenna bitten so many on his legs.. Me so heartpain..

My hubby also kenna all over his back..

Bed bugs are very tiny, but all fabric furniture sure have bed bugs..

You can effectively kill them via strong sunlight or steamer..

I got the rainbow vaccum and i use that to clean my mattress and sofa every 3 mths.. so far no bed bugs...

Once i didnt clean my pillow and my face was bitten! so itchy!!

I learnt my lesson liao

smiggleprince - it is still not that bad. maybe 1-2 bite on the back.

yes.. i saw the raycop dust mite de and i wonder can help not. rainbow /delphin super ex loh. i saw the raycop de $300+ .

i think need to resolve the issue before it get worst.

ya, allets, bed bugs are not joke! Once kena, it will spread real fast.... Sun your sofa first but if the bites persist, then better change or call he professional pestbusters!!!!

babybride, chill chill....... since you got agency, try changing maid.. perhaps it will help in a way. Getting a maid is always luck of draw.. if got a good maid.. you are lucky but then again, no maids are prefect so you have to live with it!

Perhaps you can try putting your son in CC alr, afterall, he is old enough to learn and be independent, good chance for him to interact with others kids too!!! then with this both your mum & you will ave some time off!

As for your job and SS, once you resolve your child caring options, it should be easier for you to manage, it is always the 'family' stress that caused you to lose interest in everything! Dun think / stress too much!

Come in here and rant, a load of your chest is better ;-)

Hi ladies!

Me back to work liao after 2nd maternity leave, so gotta time to return to the forum, look see look see and chit chat abit.. haha! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For my 2nd boy, I tried latching instead of exclusive pumping, maybe nipples 'boh feeling' liao, so can tahan this 2nd bb tugging and pulling.

1st boy is super jealous of this young one. That day when I was patting the 2nd one, he tried to push the bb away, and wriggled into the same spot, and want me to continue the patting motion on him instead. *faintz*

I'm guilty of neglecting the 1st one. No gai-gai, no potty training, no brush teeth training, he still can't talk, can't call papa mama even. My mum becomes super impatient with him. Always scold him because he becomes whinier than usual (i guess is due to jealousy and flu). But I feel my mum makes the matter worse by scolding him more, making him feel that the younger one is more loved by everyone... Sigh, but cannot talk sense to my mother leh. Sibei sianz..

Hi mummies,

Does anyone have any idea how to cordone off the living room area without using safety gates??

Im looking at the gap between my sofa and the walll..

right now im using the haenim big blocks to build a barrier..

but Kasper like to tear it down so that he can walk through to the dining area...

airmez: find a day just spent with the #1 then u wont feel guilty. previously i also like that.

but now...well...used to it already.

smiggleprince: i never block anything in the house, still in actual state cos i want him to know where is dangerous, i very garang one la..

but i got install bb gate at his room, cos i got dog, and i dont want to let dog walk on the playmat.

welcome back Airmez...

it's attention seeking ba ... maybe involve him to take care the didi together ? get him to bring u the wipe, throw the diaper to dustbin .. he will feel more secure and love the didi more .. else, he may feel all adult only scold him but sayang didi. No gai gai or potty training is still ok ba .. he is still young .. if he is going to childcare, let them handle the job .. Don't forget ur hugs/kiss on #1, they are looking wat r we doing ..

smiggleprince,

i also never block .. at time, he will open the kitchen drawer to take thing .. Of course i'll keep the dangerous thing like scissor & knife at a higher place .. but he knows he cannot take the glass plates/things from the cabinet .. i'll 'ma ma' (scold scold) ..

now, he lieks to take the laundry clips & throw inside the washing machine secretly .. haaa .. i caught him few times .. but he think is fun .. walao .. give me his cheeky smile & run away .. Think they are very smart to know when i put the tome very seriously for thing that CANNOT do ... and just a no no for thing that DON'T do ..

Thanks for the advice, 2Ks and Sinmey! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My 1st one still in blabbering stage, can't call papa, mama etc... should I be concerned?

haiz

cos both boys will just play and run throughout the house..

from my toilet they can play catchin to my room to the study and to the living and dining...

Kasper gets so many bruises along the way...

He can "kok" his head and then stand up and continue to chase his bro lor...

then they both go crazy laughing..

its for safety and also to restrain them from overplay i guess..

I also need to do the same when i transfer Kasper to sleep on the mattress lor..

Can imagine they take ages to settle down and sleep..

Airmez,

boys are generally slower in speech development. I think they are still too young to be concerned, at least foe this stage. Shay also can say few words, and mostly 1 syllabus... i have nephew who only starts talking by the age of 3, and he is a top student in class now... Think once the speaker starts, they talk non stop .. then u have another set of problems. . haha

airmez: not to worry on talking at this stage now. normally 1st one is slower. 2nd one will be much faster.

i remember kyler was only talking around 22-24 months i think.

but this kiefer already calling mama papa, ball, go, popo, where, mum mum all that already la.

hi hi Airmez, glad to hear from you!

i guess, we have to listen to those mummies n take their advise, after all they are more experienced in every way!!

So how's going back to working and coming home to your 2 princes daily??

smiggleprincess... guess your nick is insppired from the shop that sells stationery is it? I recently went into it, OMG... I wish I'm a student again, so many nice stationery to buy!!! hahahahahaha~

Tres

No la, my hubby say i look like smiggle from LOTR.. haiz..

im actually an intermediate member like sinmey too.. since 2008..

way before the stationery shop is here...

smiggleprince,

can still stand up & run .. should be ok ba .. boys ma...

but u still have to tell them where is dangerous that they can't play .. like in bathroom, i never allow them to play inside .. caught my girl playing there once, i really make the tone/words very seriously. Though at time she will tell me NO and like not listening, she wan to play water, but in their heart they know they are wrong to play there ..

ha, I see Smiggleprincess.

I agree with Sinmey, guess you have to set boundaries for them lor.. we can childproof the house so guess we have to houseproof the child(ren).

If not close all the doors that lead to 'danger' place!!!

Sinmey

boys play rough and loud..

plus both my boys are so active..

my house turn upside down everyday...

Kasper likes to go to the toilet bowl and play with water.. He can push the door and lift up the toilet cover..

i have to follow him all the time lor.. Even if say no, he understand but still like to be cheeky and do it so that i can "catch him".

He will purposely wait for me at the toilet even if he reach first, then when he sees me, he will lift up the toilet cover..

so i gave up following him to see if he will understand i don wanna play with him..

Tres

My #1 can reach and open all the doors for his Didi lor...

Haiz..

sigh...now i headache.

dunno how to teach kyler leh.

when didi accidentally hit him, he will either kick him back or push him back...

mummies with older kids...u all face this too?

smiggleprince: the prob is didi didnt do it on purpose leh...so i cannot scold didi also mah.

i scold kyler, he will keep quiet...but he seems to forget..

Bottle to Straw Cups.

So at first I changed her to this....

https://www.momoclub.com.my/product_info.php/cPath/41_49/products_id/203/language/en

and cos it was new and interesting she took to it asap. But I think it's very slow flow and after a week she got frustrated so I just changed her to her Jie Jie's http://www.drugstore.com/the-first-years-take-and-toss-straw-sippers/qxp86779?catid=182604. I like these cos they don't make that much of a mess. So it's better for me. #1 should just be drinking from a cup but damn headache when she spills so I give her a cup only when she's sitting still.

I don't believe comfort eating or drinking so I never let them fall asleep with the bottle. They drink at around 7.30pm. then we read, brush teeth, sing or read some more before lights out at 8.30pm.

Can I also brag that #1 isn't yet three and she is 100% potty/ toilet trained :p. Totally diaper free since 2 months ago and mistake free for a month! I'm very proud of her lah.

Pushes and Shoves... omg. Ry in general loves loves loves her Mei Mei, but when she's pissed I catch her shoving and grabbing Jordan. Jordan has also started smacking people when she's pissed or upset...she's not 18mths and I had to introduce her to "time-out aka naughty corner", cos hitting her isn't sending her the correct message right? So when she hits #1 and I'm around #1 know that #2 is gonna get a scolding or a time out, so she's okay with that but... if she thinks I'm not watching then she'll shove #2. Haiz.

poohbear: first years cups dept stores can get. usually comes in a few per pack, should be less than $10.

kiddy palace do sell them too

Pooh Bear - you can get the cups from Robinsons and Kiddy Palace. I just go the link as reference [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. They are good cos they seal pretty tight. I throw them out after a month though and use a new one.

Can i ask what toothpaste your using now??

Heard of Weleda Children's Tooth Gel ??

Anyway Eden still have 4 teeth only lei... Is it something i should be worried about?

Lower gum 2 teeth fully grown.

Upper gum 2 teeth - half grown

fel: kiefer is using first teeth toothpaste.

i heard of weleda brand but i never try before. i only tried earthbest, which i dont quite like it. so i went back to first teeth

kiefer has 16 teeth...

fel, CHloe has 4 teeth for her top and bottom gums.. now sprouting another 4 on the top and 2 at the bottom!

mummies, when they are sprouting their teeth, their appoetite will go down?? she eats only a little of her porridge but biscuits and junk food, she eats non stops!!

tres: my both kids when sprouting teeth diff symptoms.

for kyler is cough & flu accompanying every 2 teeth. LS also.

for kiefer is drooling and lack of appetite, but his is 4 teeth at one go.. but no fever no flu no cough

i think appetite go down is fine. just like their milk intake, will go up & down also

for janelle.. when she teething, she will Lao sai and sometime flu.

yes.. finally booked my ladies' only trip to bangkok for shopping next weekend. just my sis n niece with me! those frequent bangkok, is chatuchak worth going or just platinum mall will be sufficient ? we staying at novotel platinum mall and my sis and i are trying to avoid tuk tuk / taxis after hearing all those horrid stories. thinking of going chinatown for shark fins but not v accessible by train hor ?

allets: platinium novotel is very near to platinium and pratunam area. but they close very early around evening time. platinium stuff dont expect it to be cheap esp for tourist.

a singapore lady and my hub (spoke thai), both was quoted difference price by alot. now things are not that cheap in bkk

chatuchak is freaking hot, but the stuff there are cheaper la, u can take mrt to Mo chit and cross the overhead bridge

chinatown is obviously not accessible by train. and btw, now cab all works by the meter, so just get the driver to on the meter. sometimes they kk forget. chinatown u can go at night, they are open till very late. yes, try the sharks fin, birdnest and fried mee sua. chinatown is call jawarat in thai

and if u got time, drop by during the lunchtime, behind there got stretches of shops selling wholesale stuff which are very cheap. u can find cheap wooden toys (plan toys imitation, kumon toys) and lots of clips, bags.

HTH

allets: btw what flight u book? SQ having promo only $298

think thai airways was $308 or something.

i just helped my girlfriends to book hotel also.

is it dangerous to go there by cab / tuk tuk ? my bil was saying that he got a female friend and his 2 sons got drive to a dead end road.

oh jetstar...i seldom travel by budget air.

i usually booked my own tickets and own hotel stay thru the thai agent. c/w airport transfer anyway.

if u are scared then u dont need to travel already. everywhere is dangerous.

i usually take cab, seldom take tuk tuk cos i dont like the dirt on my face.

unless jam then i take tuk tuk, but that is provided price negotiated.

kyler took tuk tuk before anyway...

we are very garang parents la..

hmmm...how come this year dont have what national day rally huh?

where the what minister will intro new things huh?

remember last year got a $300 top up in the cda (although not even enough to pay one month school fees!)

2Ks, Got LSL FB page say NAtional Day rally August 26!

Dun expect much lah! THe are still debating on why Singaporeans should give birth earlier or more!

Fel

Kasper also using first teeth toothpaste...

i lost count of his teeth..

close to 16 at least..

Allets

Chatuchak Soi 3 is nice..

more nicer stuff but more ex...

I think taking taxi is fine.. tuk tuk i don like...

govt prefer to keep the money in their pockets right...

they might provide incentives and they will somehow get back the money from another avenue lor..

i just kenna the increase of town council fee..

one time increase of $7...

I wonder if my estate will be cleaner...

smiggleprince: i think so too la..just like they give u what gst credits then on the other hand, PUB tariff increase or erp increase.

how much is yr conservancy per month?

Back