(2011/03) Mar 2011

Hi all,

WTS a tin of brand new with foil seal S-26 Stage 2 (900gm) at $30, NTUC selling at $38.20.

Or in exchange for 2 packs of Mamy Poko Pooh bear L size pull up pants (Blue packaging)

Exchange at Choa Chu Kang / Boon Lay

SMS me at 9005 8165 if interested...

Tres,

wow, 1 feed porridge can last 6hrs ?

Ur tbsp means the normal big spoon that we use to eat rice ? or the one to drink soup ? Not those small teaspoon to make tea i'm sure.

2Ks/Rach,

if the 4tbsp is big spoon, very fast 1 tin HB will finish de lor. I'm in 4th tins liao leh .. gotta start porridge liao, Shay is a hyper baby so he needs more energy .. poor mummies gotta spend $$ on FM soon ... sobsob ..

Shirley,

ur feeding like mine ... like a lot ho .. eat cereal liao the normal milk intake still remains .. & how much cereal i increase also he can whack it all de lor. i scare he dunno how to control to stop & stomach pain later ... haha

sinmey, it's definitely those spoon we use to eat dinner lah, the schedule is whay my mum says.. so must +/-. All i know is that she is feeding CHloe with more food and less milk....! not v happy abt it but no choice, have to sometimes close my eyes if not sure argue 1!

sinmey, welcome back... see ur boi develop so fast... my gal still flipping at home. she lazy don wanna learn to crawl. my ss also dropping leh, dam sian right? i can understand how u feel... and u have a milk monster at home...keke.

Cereal,

I will norm make 4 sharp tsp of cereal with 50ml of ebm and topup 100ml of ebm (cos bb norm drinks 150ml of ebm). if feed like tt then can dong for abt 4-4.5hrs to next feed.

i read online, 1 level tbsp = 3 level tsp... so u all calculate lo, 1tbsp is 15ml. tbsp is a bigger spoon than those spoons we use, the norm spoons we use for eating is 12.5ml.

Sinmey

Talk about hyper baby, mine too! He finished my tin of HB in 1 month and we only gave him that during weekends. I've reduced pump to 3x a day too since he's on 2 feeds cereal now (frisocream and purée on weekdays). He's still taking 200ml ebm 3x a day and 240ml FM 1x a day. 他快要吃穷我了! Haha

how come u all so fast use tbspn? I still using 4 tspn of cereals nia, izzit time for me to 'upgrade'?

But mine is 4 sharp tspn la.

limlim, dunid to upgrade lar... jus add more tsp will do... it's the same one lor. i also make 4tsp of cereal for my gal only.

Cereals is expensive, that's why one mummy tell me cereal is not long term solution. that's why gotta intro porridge. You all got try the baby pasta? I make L eat once few weeks back. He don't seem to like it. This weekend gonna try again. Maybe sweet potato puree mix with pasta. Kekeke.

Sinmey

Forgot to add, I'm giving similac since his birth. I bought him to pd on wedn cos he had a stuffy nose and dry cough. Pd prescribed zyrtec. Then I kapo 3 tins of enfa, so happy though my boy haven't tried that before. You want? I can pass to you. In fact if anyone wants that, pls let me know.

2ks

Rem you said before that babies tend to fall sick after 6 months? Aiyo very true for my boy, he kena cold right after his 6th month, no amount of bm can prevent that :p

JAM

Yeah my boy poo twice a day sometimes after starting cereals. He used to poo daily. Pd told me must give water after giving him cereals, and brown rice cereals are more heaty.

sinmey, ya lor my jeannie n ur shay almost same pattern. eat alot still not full then still dirnk so much milk. my supply also nt also lot but still can substain daily feed. i also scare i overfeed so i dont dare to give so much cereal though she cry for more cereal n puree.

i dont know how many tsp i give one leh...i just agar agar only..never measure zun zun...

even how much ebm i add i also never measure..LOL

but he definitely cant finish his ebm after that..

sinmey: ya hor..u saw me last thurs...i am in fact very stressed and sad last week...just never show on my face only...

and i was drinking Gong cha ma...so maybe that cheer me up?

shirley: jeannie good appetite leh! that explains her size...chubby chubby..

mimimo: yeah...i think its quite true la..cos kiefer also fell sick...but lucky he recovered fast...

limlim, pasta.. i like the sound of that, where to get pasta? I wanna expose her to 'ang mo' food!

btw, ask 1 silly qn, is it safe to wear nail polish while looking after our bb ah?

limlim: last time i cooked pasta for kyler too...he doesnt seem to like it also leh...

dunno why..i find its sticky sticky one...doesnt look very appetising...

tres: ntuc sells the heinz brand...last time hard to sell, now its common...

baby pasta.

Wow.. So many babies gt good appetite. Mine drink like a mouse lo.. Still 150ml 3 hourly.. Then one cereal

And sometimes one puree in evening..

Anyway., any recommendation for baby monitor?

Gonna move house Liao, Eden gonna sleep in separate room so need a monitor..

Then how to move my chest freezer huh?

thanks 2Ks, so the pasta is like cooking our adult pasta is it? like that mix with what? so tomato sauce, won't it be v dry??

Fel: Philips lor... but i suggest you buy the camera too! at least can see what going on! That time didn't buy, now regret, thinking of selling my current monitor and buy 1 with a camera.

Fel, ur boi and my gal drink the same amount... i'll b moving house soon too and was also thinking of how to move the chest freezer. cos i'll b v heavy if it's full... so i'm trying to giv my febm away see who want, then move the chest freezer over.

I think if u wanna move the whole chest freezer together with the febm in it then u gotta seal the top cover with tape first. should be able to be kept frozen for sometime cos the chest freezer itself alr got insulation.

Tres: Heinz and Bellamy both have pasta. But Bellamy's one is larger packet dunno when can finish. I got mine at NTUC finest. Try to cook longer than the recommend timing to make it softer. You can mix it with veg purees.

Fel: I think you have to store all ur FEBM somewhere 1st. Cos you have to wait 1 hour to switch on the freezer at your

new place to allow the gas behind the freezer to settle down. This is what I learnt when I shifted last time. Heh

fel: to shift from one area to another area, the milk should still be safe inside...just dont open the door..

chest freezer dont melt so fast..

i am using lindam brand, cheap cheap only...no baby pic one la..just sound and light...

tres: i add some unsalted butter to the water for boiling the pasta...

but i gave pasta at later months la..

i no use tomato as base...

i use purees..

just like cereal add into puree, pasta also add into puree..

sinmey: hv u tried to cook the eys si shen brown rice already?

HELLO MUMMIES

Sorry to disturb...

Im clearing my baby's wardrobe and i thought some items are quite new so i decided to post to see if any mommies are keen to take over...

Please PM me for immediate response.

https://picasaweb.google.com/112314981030974378222/PreLoved#

- Mothercare baby swimwear

- Prewalkers

- Sleepers

- Brand New diapers

- Breastfeeding needs

- Baby Clothes

- Baby Legs and cute socks

- Heinz Baby Food

etc etc...

LimLim,

L can swallow pasta liao ? or u blend it ?

u r so nice to prepare the variety food for L .. Shay still stuck with Cereal & ebm .. i'm going to cook porridge for him tmr, jz the plain porridge with some pumpkin..

2Ks,

yes, but only 1 day. Still thinking tmr should continue to cook the si shen brown rice or try porridge .. haha

Sapphire,

whr u stay ? She is full for the wkend & prefer the sembawang/yishun area wo ..

Fel,

150ml is still ok coz he drinks 3hrly ..

Tres,

i dun wear nail polish lor .. only the toes ..

coz this huang lian po, gotta wash bottle, cook, do laundry, clean the Mat/Toys ... & the most important thing, i clean bb's mouth using my finger(with wash cloth of course) and sometimes i touch his gum chk if got teeth ma (bian tai ho?) .. so for me is waste $ & time to put lor coz it barely can last only for few hrs ..

Sinmey: L can swallow pasta. He knows how to chew with his gum, but I think he lazy to chew, that's why he didn't like it texture-wise. Sometimes when we eat outside, I'll give him a few grain of white rice to chew. He seems so ke lian when he watches us eat. Very nice to see bo gay chew, lolzz. I boil ikan billis water for his porridge, or pork bones with corn and carrots. Trying to think of more interesting stocks.

Wow limlim u really very hardworking, can think of nice recipe for ur bb. Most of the time I only give cereal n carrot puree. I think he eat carrot puree till sian Liao. It's only when I'm free to go ntuc den he will get chance to eat other purees.

JoJo, you are right. But according to baby first food book, we can buy Chinese Spinach ...(Bayam 苋菜).....less bitter.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jojo: it's good to expose them to wide variety of food.

Anyone use those frozen chopped spinach to make puree before?

Mini Playdate for March Babies:

I'll be opening my house next Friday..

20 Sept 2011.

1-5pm...

Anyone keen to come for a mini gathering?

All are welcome... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I'll be opening my house next Friday..

30 Sept 2011.

1-5pm...

Anyone keen to come for a mini gathering?

All are welcome...

i so wanna be a SAHM somehow, i see those mummies gathering having high tea on weekdays >.< and playdates on friday @_@ sigh, u babes enjoy!

Enjoy your weekends too!

Sinmey> my 4 teaspoon is combi's feeding spoon for babies... Nv really measure how many ml of cereal but just 4 scoops of the cereal... And I squeeze bm direct from boobs into bowl... Estimate the amt and stir.. If not enough then I squeeze some more... I feed in morning after bath... After feeding, I'll latch her to sleep... So also dunno what is her drinking capacity now....

Re feeding. I feed my girl 4x.

9 - 220ml bm

1230 - 5 tsps cereal w fm or puree prob 40-60ml depending veg or fruit puree.

1315 - balance of the 210ml

1700 - 220ml bm

2100 - 210ml fm

Am I giving too little solid? So far I Onli tried carrot puree, pear n today apple. But pear I stopped after 2 days coz she got red spots. Dunno y. Doesn't seems like allergy coz till now still have. So I juz try apple to see how.

Wah... Everybody busy on Sunday, no time to post. Haha...

Seemed like quite a few of u have routine for ur babies already. I dunno when i should start. My girl is still on her 3 hourly schedule, depending on when she wakes up in the morning. am i late in setting routine? When should it be?

I'll be opening my house this Friday..

30 Sept 2011.

1-5pm...

A few mummies are coming...

Anyone else keen to come for a mini gathering?

All are welcome...

Joc - 200 over ml of milk. Wow. My #1 who's 2 drinks max of 180ml and that's only once a day, the rest she takes 150ml.

My 7mth only drink 150ml max per feed x 5, about the same amount per day... I didn't think kids could drinks so much. Your baby finishes all her milk?

fel

150ml is ok; mine still stuck at 100ml per 3hrly ok!

and 50% is struggle to force feed her de leh

oh no, i dunno whats spinach in chinese and ask my mom to buy the wrong vege!

pixiepixel: use yin choy (xian cai) if u wanna add in porridge...

actually i also very confused with spinach...

even yin choy also many types..

LOL..

u know got another type the centre is purple one? that one also good to add in porridge

Reading anw now I'm wondering is my baby is getting enough... hmm..

Her feeding schedule

6 ish AM - I breast feed

8 AM - cereal with banana/ apple/ pear/ food jars (1/3 portions)

9.30 AM - 150ml FM (sometime she can't finish)

12.30 PM - 150ml EBM

3.30 PM - 150ml EBM

5 PM - veggie purees (beets, squash, peas, spinach, potato, sweet potato, broccoli, carrots... getting BORING)

6 PM - 60ml FM (she won't drink more than that)

7.45 PM - Breastfeed

She might wake up once during the night to feed.

M

Yours seems just nice. My boy takes 200ml per feed though he cut down to just 3- 4 milk feeds and 2 cereals a day.

Pixie

I'm also v confused over the diff spinaches so I just gave him the aust baby spinach. I ate the rest with sandwich hur hur.

What a lazy Monday! It was raining so heavily last night that I felt a little scare but ah boy slept thru without skipping a beat :p

mimimo

both my kids woke up to the heavy rain. my place very windy if it rains, the wind howling like banshee even if close all windows; then rattling very hard kind...

machiam horror movie kind

so both ended up crying

pixie, my house also got howling wind all the time!!!!! really like horror movie....ooooooo oooooo oooooo

mimimo, take leave from Mr Gaw, this friday and let's go Rach's house! you also never bring bb out alone before right? hahaha....

Wow got playdate.. Wanted to join, have never join in any of the gatherings. But working on that day leh.. N cannot take leave during that period.. Boo..

I made spinach puree over the weekends. Use those organic spinach. I took a taste of the spinach n its yucky. So i mixed it into cereal n bb takes it well..hehe. My mum say shd have use yin choy cos it is sweeter.

Back