(2011/03) Mar 2011

L3x - Put those fever cool patch on forehead? Stays cool for a long time... Haha...

That time i applied on Eden... While sleeping he peel off, then i try try.... ooohh.... Nice n cooling... i like it..

Airmez,

Yr roof garden also didn't do roof? Mine too empty on top only few pots of plants. If really wan do think do 2nd & 3rd floor rooms but wat scare me most is the corridors on both levels, that one how to do grilles??

Alternative, use playyard to cage. Last resort, move house. Haha!

I use fever cool patch. Stick on her forehead. She so groggy now, so unlike the chilli Padi tt she was at night. Haiz.. Thx mummies. Jus scared night time hard to monitor. Tink I'm not sleeping tonight.

jaster

oso got alpha baby clinic, PD is woman. one of my fb friend brings her kids there she say OK de leh

its at JE central...near NTUC there

Panda: Oh shucks!! Yah, u're rite! Still got those corridors and staircase well... Easier way is to imprison him in something hor.. sianz..

L3X: The other ladies are rite. What the nurse told me is:

a) Give syrup paracetamol if temp >37.5

b) Sponge ur child with cool tap water when temp >38

c) Give ur child plenty of water or fluids to help cool the body

d) montior temp regularly

e) see doc if temp >38.5 or if fever persists for >24hrs

Sorry to ask this qns: but if she sleeping how to sponge n take her temp? Will wake her up. My thermometer is the Braun one. No wonder she took a 5 hr nap today. Tink cos the fever is settin in.

She spits out most of the med. Jus hope it will go off soon.

L3x

My boy had fever too after his jab. He slept about 5 hours too. In the night, we damped the burp cloth ( wet but not dripping, make sure not too dry cos it will make the fever go higher) and change side every few minutes. I also applied the cooling sticker on him. As for temp taking, no choice just have to stuff the thermometer into his ear gently. I'm using Braun too. They may be too tired to be awakened by the light and sound. Must monitor closely. Do note that the fever may run for 2 days. Take care.

2k> yah very lazy to pump.... I hate to sit there and pump....

Stopped ry for 2days and I'm so full.... Definitely more than enough ss for RL.... gOtta let the ss slowly drop to RL dd....

Unless I get out of laziness and start pumping for RY...

urgh.... Feel so bad to deprive her of more benefits...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Wah I'm 'early' mummies enjoy ur ktv tmr! Can't join [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] got errands to run before I start work grrrr.

Window grills are DAMN impt leh. There was this 2yo girl who fell down frm the blk near me. She died [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] because her granny left her alone at home while eating breakfast just across the street. I will nv forget the scene so saddening! And the thing is the house had window grills but they nv lock the grills. Sigh. Happen few yrs back already but everytime walk past will think of the lil girl lifeless body on that patch of grass. And the family sold the unit away after some time too.

Milk thanks for sharing! Really helpful.

Rach, if u use freestyle then dunid to stay there pump ma... i always walk abt when i pump de lor... do this do that also can... very mobile leh...keke

haiz, think my bb whinning started yesterday... teething izit? she eh eh eh non stop for 3/4 day yesterday lor... wanna put her to sleep she also dun wan. what can i do? almost pulling hair liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/proud.gif]

=( wah so sad... next time definitely must install grilles when doing my house...

pandahut,

hahaaaa... wah! =P actually without any "disturbance" from my hubby's folks nowadays, i kinda miss them... guilty-ness is setting in! shuckss.....

Nightmare on earth! My boy woke up every hour last night! He went to bed at 730pm. Woke up at 930pm, 1030pm, 1130pm, 430am, 530am, 630am......... Yyyyyyy?????? He was not hungry n not wet.... Not too cold nor too hot.... The only reason i could think of is his pyjamus... It wraps the feet... He only wore it twice... Maybe he hates his feet to be wrapped? All of us panda today...

Jaster, 你人真好... Still miss them wahahaha

Pandahut, i hope to use the same excuse too. Say 2nd & 3rd floor no grills, no gate = not safe. 1st floor got dog = not safe. Haha!

Zenia> yah using freestyle... Aiyah... Think I have alot of excuses to not pump...

I usually pump(thet times when I'm pumping) at my study area... So many ppp at home weird to walk ard like that leh... Lol....

SN> teething teething teething!!! Have u bought teething gel???

Get it soon and apply it!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

V sian.....almost quarrel with hubby this morning... Spoilted my beautiful Friday mood. Hubby keep asking me to find a new job.... I told him I need to kiv this as I need a job which can allow me to leave on the dot and pump milk in the office. And he told me I was trying to find some excuses blah blah blah ...said I stay in the comfort zone, do nt want to move on, nvr plan for our future.... Sigh....I m already v tired after whole day working, pumping milk, rushing to fetch my boy, sterilize bottles, on night duty, and need to do the nvrending house chores.... Wher got time to look for new job....sigh ..... He dun understand all these .... Nvr offer helps .... Happily playing with his iPad and leave me alone to take care of everything .....

Wah long time never log in liao!! Milktea's post encouraged me to log in!

Last tine I used to keep talking to sunay n singing to him.. Used to feel like a mad woman talking nonstop! Lol. But now I realise he counts to 20 in 2 languages and can recognise alphabets and tell me what ard 3/4 of them are for.

What I did tho is a bit different.. I never taught him alphabets (he learnt them thru puzzles) and when I read to him I overemphasise the phonetic sounds n so now he knows that eg 'puh' sound means it starts with P.. Like papa, pear, etc. Which kinda tells me it's not memorised but ingrained.

Lol, now for spelling! Hahaha!

Rach, where to get teething gel?! i think my gal needs tt too... btw, i always wear big size t-shirt and cover the madonna when i walk ard... so i'm FREE!

ST, a bb changes everything in our lives... move on with time... have peaceful discussions [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i always argue with my hb too...

SN,

i realised i can't put blanket and wrap him up! he will pull his legs towards him and try to kick the blanket away... even when his eyes are like closed!? hahaaa... only then he will fall back to slp lor!!! but air con cold leh... then dun wan to spend $ to buy those sleep bag also... hahaa.. must think of a way to keep his legs covered!!! maybe let him wear long pants liao!

actually my in laws are very nice ppl. they treated me like their own daughter... so... =( hehee... that's why i'm feeling guilty now lah!

Rach,

which type of teething gel? Need to buy to stand by now.

Jaster,

I let my boy wear romper and with long pants, coz he like to pull his clothes and show his tummy, so when sleeping wear those short sleeves romper and a long pants with socks. If midnight air-con too cold, wear another long sleeves pyjamas if not hands cold cold.

Coz I find no point cover him with blanket, few mins only he lift his legs high up & slam & slam even he is asleep, the blanket all got kick off.

Rach, oh nooooooooo teething???? Tat means nightmare on earth not limited to just last night?!!!! Which type of teething gel is good? Buy from KP?

Jaster, my boy also dun like blanket.. But aircon cold leh... So u also never wear those wrap feet pjs for him?

SN, i think my gal started teething nightmare too... she eh eh eh non stop (except when she's napping) the whole of yesterday afternoon and night lor... and night time very tired liao still refuse to slp and still eh eh eh lor... and most of all, if i put her on the bed she don wan... wan to be carried, then eh less... sigh.

jaster, we also sleep in aircon. i let my gal wear long sleeve and pants romper with attached bootie... i got them from mothercare... very good and the cotton very soft. but is a bit ex... 3 for $58 i think.

panda hut,

my gal also lift her legs high n slam on her cot bed! but she dun do it when she's on my bed. at first thot something wrong with her cot. haha.. tt's y she always wear romper at nite. if on air con plus long pants.

her fever going down aft much sponging but scared will come bk again.

Rach, but when we carried him, he went back to sleep leh.. Is it still teething or cos he wants to b carried?

Zenia, mine stops "eh-ing" once he's carried... So i dunno if he's really teething or just wants to b carried to sleep... Cham lor... I got no heart to carry out CIO

Jaster, pandahut, on most days my boy will wear romper n pants too. It's the most convenient. He likes to slam his legs on the bed too! Like drumming! We r v scared to hear tt at night.. It means he is waking up....

hahaa.. i tot it's only my boy who does that!!! he also slam the bed just to get rid of his blanket lor!!!

hahahaaa... maybe i should start letting him wear long pants!!! prevent the mozzies from stinging him also lor...

my boy slps will change position one leh! once he half flips... then leg got touch the side of the cot then he will push... to a point he is not successful or kenna stuck somemore, i'll have to wake up to rescue him lor!!! =( my eye bags are terok!!!

Pinky> yah... It's handsfree and I use the handsfree..: but I dun even have the luxury to sit at pc nowadays.... Dunno how to find time pump.... Just Mafan to hook on the pump parts etc... I'm just very lazy!! Lol.... Have the pump and have maid to wash.... What's wrong with me??

It's too used to latching.... Hassle free...nothin to wash. Fix, dry, warm up.... I'll see if i can find time to pump...

SN> buy from guardian, Watson, unity... Etc....

I use dentinox teething gel... $6plus a tube... Finishing my first tube think I need to get another tube standby...

SN n pandahut, dentinox teething gel is quite good.. =) but don needa keep applying.. Jus apply when needed.. Jav's one still gt left over lo.. But I bought new 1 for Jay.. Lol

SN, maybe he jus wants comfort?... Some bbs jus like to b cuddled.. It may b wind in tummy too.. Chk if he's bloated.. =))

Pixie: thank u.. Jav's all better alrdy.. Not the chi med as to wad we suspected.. Cos the med he has taken b4.. So PD says it shud b caused by the flu n cough.. Sth like false measles type too.. Ya, i get hives all e time too when I was younger.. Nw I still get it sometimes.. Nt as bad as b4..

Jay pics? Lol.. U mean the one he cut his hair? The uncle says ge gt damn lots of hair.. Purposely cut like tt n the standing part leave it.. Lol.

2Ks: like tt Jav also v slow.. I think it's up to doff children bah.. I can say 7 out of 10 children can't memorize wad a-z stands for by 2 years old.. Lol..

Sinmey: we mild cases.. Pixie n airmen power ones.. Lol..

I coming.. Brought yr books! N I jus reached!!! Lol.

finally... i pumped, i pumped, i pumped!!

hahaha.... cuz boobs exploding and RL been sleeping...and i'm not allowed to latch RY...

day 3 weaning.....

so i sat and pumped.... 10min.. 300ml.. heheeh...

enough la.... think if its 10min like not so bad... i dread sitting for minuteeeesss to pump... kekekekke.. :p

almost overflowed the medela bottles if i didnt stop... think i needa get the 250ml bottles too....

Hello, I hardly had time to come onto this forum to read busy with work.

Rylen who turns two in Sept only knows A to G then she babbles the rest of the ABC song but she knows some eg. E is for Elephant but not all.

Jordan is gonna turn 5 months tomorrow but I'll start her on solids next week, I think by then she'll be able to sit up by herself better, now she still falls to the side. Correct right? Must be able to sit up by themselves before giving solids right? Anyways, that's my excuse cos the MIL and my mom keep saying I'm a meanie [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Rach - so nice, I pump for 15 mins and I get 140/150ml and thats like every 4.5 hours. Blah, I might just call it quits in a month but the aim is for 8 months, see how.

M> mine isnt accurate...this is my first time pumping since confinement and when RL was 2 weeks old... technically... i havent pump for 18 weeks liaoz... lol....

let's see what i get the next time i pump...maybe i'll pump 1- 2 times a day...enough for RY to drink...RL still latch! :p

M,

Yes, I still dive. I ever encounter boat almost capsized from Tioman island back to mainland, v scare at that moment and I thought this time really that's it!!! jialat leow!!!! hahaha!!!

That day my mum was clearing the storeroom and ask if my diving gear want to throw, I give her a look. I will let my boy learn diving when he reach 13 yrs old.

Panda - high 5! I miss diving so! I can't wait to go once my girls get older, they can sit on the beach with the hubba and I can dive dive dive

Rach - that's good, Rylen only enjoyed some BM while we were away in KL and had to mix with FM or she wouldnt drink, sigh.

Good weekend all.

M> hehe... I dunno give RY pure BM like that she will drink or not.. To get her from nan nan from mummy breast into bottle...

I gues she want the breast more than the milk itself... We will see when I feed her the BM later tonite... Lol....

Lilprecious, if he wants to be cuddled every hour at night... Then how?? -.-"""""

Just curious.... the properties of bm change with the age of your bb... If u feed your #2 with your bm at this moment, wouldnt the bm be not so suitable for the growing needs of a toddler since it is catered for the growing needs of your #2?

TT Teether

Jaster: the teether not big actually...juz nice to fit in their mouth...but now my son will take it out from his mouth and chew....

sometimes he like to take out then put back then take out again and put back in his mouth again ....

Back