(2011/03) Mar 2011

fel

thanks for appreciating me :p :p :p

precisely because my son dunno the essence of time and till today im so annal about his sleep habits, i have to find means n ways to get him to sleep early.

i have been told by the cc teachers that he sleeps the earliest in class at night when i told them about his bedtime

all these while for the past 3.5years, ive stuck to my guns and insisted my boy in going to bed early. that means sacrificing my night activities, be back home by 5pm on weekends, no bright lights at home after 8pm

u know hor, kids grow up liao become more assertive/stubborn, then say sleep later n later. if i dun insist, im sure he'll be sleeping late

so now he knows the sun going down, he has to go to bed and only when the sun comes up he can sit up on the bed. even if he's awake, he has to lie down so that he can rest his mind somewhat

ST,

Thanks for the pic! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I want to buy tt teether, but duno when got time to go kiddy palace... Hmmmm... Maybe the one in nex may have, hehe, i c whether disk wkend gottime to pop dwn a not, keke...

Btw, is sophie a teether? Tot sophie is a giraffe stuffed toy... Hmmm... Me mountain turtle, havent see before, later i go google n c, hehe...

Haha..pixel I like your bedtime training lah...children should sleep early at night but this also means adults gonna sacrifice lor...wish you luck tomo!

I'm also down with flu...sigh...kana spread by hubby...running nose..wearing a mask at home now..

2ks, can buy teether from tommy tippee or spring maternity...those ring type..my boy don't know how to appreciate sophie yet...also eat his fist very loudly...

fel, Eden taking any medicine? My boy used to have cough so I brought him to TCM for tuina & the physician gave me chinese cough syrup. He struggled like hell when we fed him using a syringe but cough not more liao.

Jaster, hahahaha! my boy also stick his whole fist in his mouth and sometimes he will stick both fists! then i will tell him...cannot be greedy...you either choose your right fist or your left fist....your tiny mouth cannot take both fists....hahahahaha....then he will look at me with a frown and continue sucking...

I'm so sad. My milk supply is decreasing. Dunno y. Juz into 2nd wk back to work Onli. N my girl's apettite is increasing. Soon, can only give her 2 feeds of ebm Liao. So demoralizing. Tot of giving up Liao.

2K> RY never liked the Sophie and hence I didn't get a new one for RL..

RY's as good as new Lo... Whenervr I give her, she force it away... I force into her mouth to try sucking, she turns her head away... Thats an exp teether wasted...

I shall dig it out and see Mei Mei interested in it or not... Lol...

Anyway, RY never suck/bite any of her teethers...

The most she holds them and fling it away....

So teethers are a waste of money for me...

I'll try them all on RL and see if she likes them anyway... Else all wasted... Lol...

st, thanks for the pic!

sn, so cute!!!! hahaaa... yah.. everytime it seems when i'm scolding Jovan, he will frown but hor continue with the noti thing he's doing!!! especially when i asked him not to scream he will scream softer then increase his volume!!!

Joc, dun give up!!! just pump and give whatever you can!!! i can understand how you are feeling cos i also like that... but hor.. still tong to see how long i can last.. even though my supply is very very very low!

Bringing my mum out for lunch nx Monday. Citibank promotion 1 for 1 lunch buffet @ aquamarine. Anyone tried before? How is the buffet spread??

Every night my boy will cry until roof collapse b4 sleeping... It started when he was ard 3 mths old... N now it's been increasing in intensity...any mommies also experiencing this? Last time he will just whine/cry, now he will wail/scream!!! He's fed, he's clean.... Y huh? Teething pain? I actually am not scared of his screams... I know after he scream n scream he will sleep. But it's my parents who are driving me nuts, they get v v kan chiong n kept asking this n that... My mom kept wanting to take over in smoothing him but me n hubby insist tt we smoothe him ourselves.. After all, we will be shifting out one day and cannot depend on grandma to put him to sleep mah... V weird leh... I have been the one who put him to sleep at night 80% of the time but sometimes when grandma carries, he will stop crying... What am i doing wrong huh

SN, it sounds like your bb likes to be carried to sleep?

my boy has been crying every night during bedtime too, I wanted to try the CIO method last night, but my heart gave in. In the end, carried him to sleep. Worst habit, I know.

pixie: the lady that day never take more bm from u ah?

i got a lady who wants one shot 50 packets of ebm...u have?

she coming to collect from me this sat la...

i ask her to bring me milkbags in exchange

Good Morning Mummies. Seem like all the babies has increased appetite. My gal seem to be reverse leh.. 3mths+ still drinking 100ml. Actually if she can choose she will only drink 70ml. The rest is force feeding. She will cry n cry n cry when bottle feed her. Anyone got same experience. I already came back to work for 1+mth liao. Today MIL complaint that she cannot take her crying anymore. How? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

SN,

think i also shared before my bb also like that after the stupid jab!!! my hubby went to read online, and it seems that some bb they are afraid to go to slp and so will wail and scream... one way which may help them to slp is by establishing a routine for them...

for Jovan, he will be wiped down. Give him pacifier or milk to drink, turn on the ilullaby and he will drift off to lala land liao... either i carry him (if he still wants) or i will put him on the bed and "slp" beside him and hold his hand...

most of the time who takes care of the boy ah? yourself or your mom?

SN, maybe ur bb don wanna sleep yet? last time i use to force my gal to sleep at 10am, off the lights, and put her in sleeping position. then she'll cry non stop even if i carry her. later on i just left her to play on her own if not pacify her when she's tired... now everyday she'll sleep at 11.20pm to 11.30pm like tt... minimum crying liao.

freeiajen: personally i think babies pattern changes all the time, one moment they will drink alot, then another moment they refused to drink..

to me and my hubby, if no drink dont force, otherwise if vomit = double work

just that have to bear that night might have interrupted sleep..

SN,

Actually, if u dun mind maybe u want to try to let your mum put him to bed for one night. If he doesn't cry then it might means that he knows how to choose pple liao. My gal also dun want my hubby to let her sleep will cry n cry. But she will stop crying once I take over so I know she is just being picky.

2Ks,

But my MIL says if she dun finish milk then she cannot sleep so will force feed her. I heard from my maid hor, my girl will cry like 1 whole hour due to bottle feeding. Sigh... Yesterday lagi worst the bottle of milk feed for 2 hours and all these while she will cry. Darn stress... cannot quit work and she cannot drink from bottle.

freesiajen, my gal also don wan my hb when she wanna sleep... even if he carry her she'll still cry loud loud. tried a few times alr, she nv get use to hb putting her to slp. so mummy must always be by her side when she sleeps... even if i don carry her she is also ok. she just need me by her side. like yesterday, i was washing my pump parts and i left the room. hb was accompanying her and she keep looking at the position where i always sit. then she turn her head a few times, nv see me then she cry.

freesiajen, sometimes my mom tries to put him to sleep he will also cry and my mom will pass to me.... sometimes i suspect, it's just a "change of hands" that will stop him from crying.. the reason y i dun really want my mom to put him to sleep is because once he wails louder and louder, she will rock him harder and harder...which i find it's not good for the brain.....

zenia, you mean your baby sleeps at 11 plus every night? wow so late ah? then she will sleep till what time? my baby will be rubbing his eyes so that's a sign of being sleepy right? but i think you are right, he still wants to play. cos when i put him down on the bed and talk to him, he stopped crying liao...... but i cant be leaving him there fighting sleep when he is actually really tired right? hmmm confused.

Jaster, my mom will take care of him from 5am till like 9am...cos i will do a midnight pumping and will try to sleep abit more till 8-9am... then throughout the day, im the one who will pat him for naps and stuff....only when im pumping or having lunch then my mom will take over....the only thing i seldom do, is bathe him, cos im quite scared he will slip out of my hands....so my mom bathes him 90% of the time. I have been the main person putting him to sleep at night...for the past few months leh....my mom will only always put him to sleep during the 5am shift.... can't be because of that baby now prefers her style of putting him to sleep right? hmmm

pixiepixel, hmmm colic? maybe hor.......hmmmm

chen, im tempted to try the CIO liao. you see...even when i carry him, he also cry until roof collapse....so i was thinking, y not just put him on the bed, and turn on the musical mobile? he might not cry if he is "tricked" into thinking that he is still in play mode...only problem is he will be wasting his time fighting ZZZ monster when it would have been faster if he's rocked/pat to sleep.....

jen

aiyoh that bad ah...then feed her on demand lor. sometimes their milk intake declines, and shoot up again. got graph one. think like a wavy line...listen to her body. body want or dont want, sure got their reason. so just follow it. no need to force feed. as long as she poo n pee properly then ok liao

2ks

i shld have 50pkts, never count coz now depend on maid to put the milk into the freezer after ive bagged them up. u got 50pkts to give the lady then u give first...maybe next time my turn muahahhaha

Saw on ST that this weekend got baby fair, parklon foldable mat @ $69, but nvr mention what size leh. NTUC also got some offers on diapers, etc.

SN,

ahhh.. i get what you mean... Jovan used to like to be rocked to slp.. but nowadays he prefer to just lie down on the bed and he will play on his own n drift to slp... and i'll be beside him.. with my eyes pretending to be closed and give him my hand to hold on...

=) i also think it's faster to rock him to slp! but hor... since he doesnt like it and will scream... i just leave it the way he likes lah.. so i guess ur boy still wants to play lor... maybe can tell him it's bed time and have to go orr orr lor... then you close your eyes and tell him nite nite.. hahaa.. i realised Jovan sometimes likes to copy what I do... so when he sees my eyes are close.. he also will close his eyes de..

SN, my baby also sleeps at 11 plus on some nights. No fixed schedule. Sometimes sleep at 9 or 10. Cos I think trying to make them sleep when they don't want to is quite a waste of time.

mine sleeps between 7 - 7.30

on most days i reached home at 710pm, she oredi ko liao. i can only gaze at her face

jaster

some mummies bot avent spoons, i heart the combi ones

jaster

can sterilize...my #1 uses combi spoons at different stages last time. i like

2ks

mine routine liao

after 5pm, she cannot sleep. if she wants to sleep, my maid has to play with her etc...then put her to sleep as early as 630pm

swaddle, sleep sheep, milk

if she cant sleep, i will latch her when im back home. then she will ko

yest she slept at 6.30, i no chance to see her awake

Pixie, I stay at Bt purmei, not sure near u or not. Anyway, my HB not realli for the idea of getting other mums bm, he prefers to supplement w fm instead. Wah, Ur child sleep so early. Den slp till Wat time? Mine slp at abt 945 I now already feel like not enuf time to spend w her after work.

pixie: 6.30 is very early leh..

she got wake up for milk bor?

mine drinks at 8.30pm then he zzz till next morning..

but these 2 days he very poor thing, we wake him up for milk cos need to drink before go to ifc..

and he siao siao lately leh...

drank 160ml not enough still top up 20-30ml then enough then can zzz

how to wean bb off frm nite feeding? i tried givig more FM leh.. but he will just shut his mouth... he slps ard 7.30pm... wakes up at 11 plus for another feeding... 3-4ish also will wake up.. then 6.30-7ish wake up liao...

SN, my gal sleep earliest at 11.10pm... haha didnt make much diff lar and she wakes up at 6 - 7am depending if it's a wkday or wkend. cos wkday hb gotta drive me and bb to my mum's place (mum's helping to take care bb) then i go to work from my mum's place. hb will wake bb up for milk but norm it's dream feeding her..lolz... wkend norm she'll sleep until 自然醒。。。her record is 8+am... norm she'll wake hb up 7+am so tt he'll feed her.

pixie, how u put ur bb to sleep so early de? even if i put my gal to sleep at 8+pm she'll just nap maybe for 1/2hr to 1hr then will wake up and play again liao... like yesterday, she 'slept' at 10pm... everyone (except me)wishfully think tt she'll doze off liao but she woke up 1hr later for milk and play. end up sleeping at 12.30am. 传授一些武功 gimme leh.... i also wish my gal to sleep early :p

2ks, got febm giv away lobang intro me leh... i wanna give away also...

Thanks to mummies for the recommendations! Can I know if I can find the tommee tippee and pigeon cooler in Kiddy palace or any major stores like taka or tangs?

zenia: ok sure..i check with the mummy when she come collect ok..then i pm u..

jaster: i started with dream feeding..last feed at 12am or so..

then slowly he can zzz till 5am kind..then i slowly adjust

Jaster, ooohhh so when did you start to realise that Jovan prefers to lie on the bed instead of being rocked to sleep? cos during the day right, he will whine and rub his eyes on the bed so i need to rock him a while to give him the final push to lala land.... so at night i assume it's the same thing....maybe tonight i try put him on the bed and see whether he screams or not. regarding the night feed... mine will drink one last bottle before he sleeps around 8 plus then he will wake up around 2 plus and if it's a golden day..he will wake up only 6-7plus....but that's quite rare...

zenia, pooh bear.... ooh i see...so not all mummies set a routine for their babies to sleep early....hmm yah...sometimes i rock him until so tired his eyes still big big...and i miss my Ai show...haha...

SN, nowadays i got no time to watch any drama lor so sad... i was a drama queen before bb was born de. now on a good day i get to watch 同伊on channel u, else gotta entertain my gal while watching.

2Ks,

as in dun let them wake up for a feed but do dream feeding ah? okie.. i'll try tonite.. \

SN,

it was last wk that he chu this pattern in the evening... during the day he prefers me to carry him also... like yday he noti lah.. i was at home mah.. then he kept asking me to carry him.. put him down he nap for 15mins then wake up.. then cry! ai yo..

ehhhh... maybe i should try again to see if can feed him more.. even if it means longer time taken!!! like that every 3-4hrs wake up i very xiong leh!

Before this topic of putting baby to sleep came up, I was so upset with myself tat I felt like just asking my mum to come and stay with us so she can put baby to sleep or just leave baby at my mil's place! I tot I was such a bad mummy for having to carry, pat and just hold baby till sleep soundly.. And sometimes baby just sleeps on my chest for half the nite.. Scared I'll just spoil her and she will not be able to sleep on her own.. Guess I was just being emotional about going back to work and stressed when friends start saying tat I spoil her by carrying and patting her to sleep. Hehe..

Just 4 more days to go before going back to work... It's going to be tough..

2ks, my gal sleep at 11.30pm leh... I nt so good life as u all can put ur bb to lala land so early lor... N still gotta pump aft she sleeps. 弄到来 alr 12+ liao... Still watch somemore I think I will snooze at work lolz...

Jaster, my gal won't drink one shot a lot before she sleep de... Norm I would give her the norm amt she take then 1hr later feed again maybe giv 80-100ml. Cannot finish then I'll throw away the milk... By then she alr full full happy liao then she'll sleep better, faster.

Back