(2011/03) Mar 2011

pixie: wah piang... i missed out the (mine) at the end of the sentence. >.<'

zenia: got give teether to ease the gums? i think for mine, she quite happy with her hands! i bought a teether for her. sometimes she accepts, but mostly goes for her hands and fingers.

SN

dunno...in BP i think only WoW sell lotsa books. got another one i saw recently but no spot books

u wan spot books, can go to bras basah complex. and usually they have book roadshows at malls etc, i always buy board books for my son last time from those roadshows. a book is like $1-$4....preloved but clean/good

go home wipe with dettol, gao tim sai

Valerie, my gal has been biting her fingers... Sometimes she bite until red red then a bit swollen like tt... I giv her teether but she din seem to like it cos the parts a bit big then her mouth small small de... And her teething parts are at the sides... So the teethers din reali seen to work for her... She will become pek chek aft a while then eh eh eh liao...

Zenia, maybe go shop for one teether which is smaller. and one which has thin rubber at the sides for them to chew, not sure if ur girl will accept but mine did. I bought mine from BHG under pigeon now they having some sale i think. maybe u can trail and error with teethers.

SN, ok I try to put it as 200ml then whe chilled milk is only 150ml.. But hor how u it won't overheat? I take out e bottle when i indicate 170ml already very hot at bottle but milk feels cool

Hi all mommies,

how are u gals doing? really long time never log in to the forum to have chat with all of you...

i am the one who gave birth to my girl at week of 27+1 of gestation, thank god she is well now. would like to grab the chance to thank to rachel and the noble mommy who willing to let go her medela freestyle for me as my freestyle take long time to arrive in sg that i ordered not long ago prior my delivery. without the breast pump, i am sure cant express milk for my girl that have been staying in hospital for total 60 days after born. again, thanks so much so much for your considerate, really appreciated!

everything was happen so sudden and have no chance and time for me to think. my water bag ruptured, i rushed myself to KKH, total bed ridden for 2.5 days, then contraction and having difficulity in breathing, doctor dignosed my lung has water which causing my breathing problem, soon after the diagnosis, my gynae decided to let me deliver my girl as my contraction kicks in seriously..

my girl was only 1.1kg at birth, she needs medical advancement to help her to breathe better, she also have minor premature complication, got her operated and complication is resolved, she is fine and chubby now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pixiepixel, hahaha still must sterilise the books with dettol huh hahaha

babybride, cos when the bottle is hot and the milk is cold, means that the heat hasnt reached the milk and has only reached the bottle. So if you let the milk sit in the warmer for a few more seconds after the beeping starts, you will find the temperature just right. Another method listed in the manual is that, you can heat it a second time using Room Temp setting and only 30ml. This second heating will be like only 30seconds and should do the job.

Jaster, your MIL used the j&j baby oil and comb to remove the cradle cap right? I just tried, cannot leh...only a few pieces dropped off....majority still stuck leh....how ah

valerie, okok... shall go see see when i have the chance.

Wah, is avent warmer tt good? how long does it take to warm 150ml of milk? hmmm... i bought the pigeon one and it took forever to warm the chilled ebm with 40deg lor... i gave up... if avent one is good then maybe it's worthwhile to buy and try [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/proud.gif]

Hihi Ethan_mum... so u r the one who gave birth the earliest...keke

Zenia, e warmer finish job fast mayb for chilled 150ml one cycle is 3-4 min. But I feel milk not warm enuff so SN suggest another cycle at room temp so if it works mayb takes only 6-7min in total bah

fel: my comp still heart attack leh...so i brought my own lappy to work...otherwise no life la..

valerie: can one..at least u pump once when u wake up and one at night before u sleep..so u have a mixture of bm and fm for your baby..

better than nothing right?

zenia: drooling and putting fingers in the mouth might be a symptom of teething...

but hor...it might not be these few weeks..

it can take up to months then u see the white teeth..very irritating..

valerie: 7th month no teeth ok la..

i heard some hor 10th month then sprout the teeth and one shot 10 teeth lor..

cranky like mad..

SN,

is my mommy who used the j&j baby oil... leave it there for abt 5-10mins.. then use soft bristle brush to brush it off..go in circles... cannot use those teeth comb to remove... soft bristle brush comes in contact with the scalp n is gentler compared to the hard hard teeth comb mah...

also after brushing hor.. dun immediately wash your bb's head... rest for at least half an hour to an hour... cos the pores may be opened after the so called massage hor...

Jaster, ohhh i didnt leave the oil on to soak...after applying i immeditely use the soft bristles brush to brush liao..... okok i try again tomorrow....must rem to go in circles haha.

babybride, nono, another cycle at 30ml and room temperature will at most take 15-30 seconds because the water/steam in the warmer is already hot, so it wont take so long to heat. so 3-4min + 30 secs will be at most 4.5 minutes lar. not longer than 5 min.

2ks welcome back to rat race!!..today my 3rd day at work..

pixie...whihc shop in bras basah? coz my son CC walking distance to bras basah only..but i never get to buy any books from bras basah complex yet.dont know which shop leh

SN, the bb oil must be soaked in for a while... let the cradle cap soften liao then use the muslin cloth to sweep the cradle cap then will drop off liao... after so long the cradle cap alr become very dry and sticks to the sculp liao... so must soak a lil longer [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jaime

ground floor, i think at the end of the row....i hope its still there!!!

i think got at least 1 second hand bookstall there?

i very bad mummy

got 1 small patch of cradle cap hor, oredi there for 1 mth i never bother to remove

now become cradle CRAP liao

pixie..my girl also got one patch of cradle cap..someday got..some day dont have...very weird lor...

last time my boy when born whole head got cradle cap..very scary..

pixie, u farnie leh... but i think the longer u leave it there the more difficult it is to get it off leh... my gal also got a few small patches i nv go clean off... then machiam stuck like tt alr... anyway it's at the soft spot there i also dun dare to touch.

hello mummies...hows everyone doing? v long din come online le...but looks like it is less active now?

back to work since 16 June....so tired. everyday have to rush home else my gal will miss me n refuse to sleep.

zenia - ur gal so fast teething already? wow...thats v early right?

anyone interested with my little seat? I ordered from rach but have not reach moq, cannot order yet. If interested, PM rach k?

http://www.mylittleseat.com/www.mylittleseat.com/home.html

zenia,

eh, your bb same "age" as mine leh, hehehe... think if i remember correctly, it's the first two bottom teeth that sprout out first, hehe, you go c if you can spot anything there...

The back teeth are usually the last, but the gums there appear whitish quite 'early'.. and ya, my ger quite cranky these two weeks... she's rubbing her gums on anything and everyhing she can get her hands on...

I think my girl is teething. Bottom two teeth in the middle. Drooling lots. Cranky too. Teething plus her congested nose and at times wind in her stomach is making her and me quite miserable at times. Can go mad. Went to kukup over the weekend with my extended family and think they are in shock after seeing/hearing her cry badly in the middle of the nite. Haha..

Today just sent her for the 5in1 jab. Hope she wun get a fever or get too cranky. My PD said that take 5in1 less chance of fever compared to 6in1. Hope he's right.

Also ordered the littleseat from Rach! Do email her if anyone else keen to order!

Ethan mum, I'm glad to hear that your little princess is doing so fine now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Babybride, according to the manual, need to pour another30ml of water for the second cycle of room temp, 30ml. But usually i cheat a little n dun bother to pour more water. Eh y still cannot ah? Maybe yr product not "broken in" yet? My hubby went to stress test it by setting to max ml, but of course dun put any bottle inside when u stress test it. Y not u just keep setting higher ml levels until u find a suitable level? Like 2-3 or 4 levels higher. For me, 2 levels higher n wait till beep stop will work n sometimes too hot even!

I'm so tired, for the past few weeks, my boy has been waking up almost every 2hrs in the night. I don't know what he wants but I just latch to quiet him, which he does. But, it's just so tiring. Anyone in the same pathetic plight as me? sobs!

Zenia, aiyoh just now i brought bb to look out of the window then i saw tt his cradle cap is actually alot alot! Shiver!!!! Ton im gg to soak the baby oil longer!!!!

Hi Chen. I'm in the same plight as you. Not sure if it's a growth spurt or something. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

matched gal, izit? my gal borned on 18th Feb leh... ur bb leh? my gal's gum all become hard hard liao... but the front nv have white white leh... only the two side at the bottom got white white color... and her bite is so hard cos when i use the finger brush on her she bite my finger... i scream in pain she still laugh at me like v funny like tt... faintz...

won_mummy, not sure if she's teething leh... but one thing for sure... her saliva lots lots... she can bite her fingers and then the saliva drip on the floor lor. yicks! when i carry her my whole arm all her saliva de... quite disgusting...

sn

u mean 8 to 5 no wakie for milk?

i very lazy, no train my gal, she 7-730 ko, then 11-ish latch once, 4 or 5am latch once again leh

Zenia, do u still latch yr girl? Wah if bite yr nipple then sure scream like mad!

Pixiepixel, yahhh those were the golden days when he would sleep at 8pm n only wake up at 5am for milk... But those golden days only lasted 1 week haha. I never train my boy either... It's his own body clock

SKIPHOP Versa Diaper Bag & other stuffs.

Will arrive next week.. anyone wanna add order? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

BABY CUBES 2oz

Email has been sent for payment..

All payments not received by 30June2011 will be dropped.

I've already placed orders..ordered a bit extra..

Thanks for understanding.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My Little Seat

www.mylittleseat.com

anyone else?? interested mummies been waiting anxiously liaoz.. :p

Little Bhubu Personalised Tee

Getting bulk discount for this...

anyone else keen PM me...

Yayy...my PM is working again.. :p

SN, ever since I come back to work alr nv latch her liao... Cos I recently also pump till v lazy... Too tired fr work [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so now training my boobs to be pumped every 6hr... Aft work my energy level alr quite low liao... Still need to entertain her, think bottle feed faster. I cannot imagine if she bites my neh... Omg!

zenia - my gal's saliva a lot also. always need a hanky next to her n aft a while sure wet. when i carry her on shoulders must put handy too. else my blouse also wet...gums hard hard? ok tonight i go n check mine. she likes to suck her fingers too...until got v loud chu chu sound.

just now while pumping, i felt that my left breast is in pain...then realised that there's milk being blocked under the skin (is it a milk blister?)...or maybe the skin grew over a milk opening? it happened to me like 3 times liao.... what i did was to use my finger to gently peel off a little of the skin so as to release the milk.... any of you have the same experience? how to prevent that from happening again huh?

Zenia,

Ya, my ger arrived 4 days after yours, hehe... (around 2 weeks before her edd)... She had slightly high temp the night before i discovered her little white tooth bud, hehe... Cranky ever since...

Tikkles,

Hey, my ger went for 5in1, but ah, still fever leh... She's also a champion screamer, esp in the evenings juz before her last feed... Weird leh, and i tot common fussiness was supposed to disappear at 4 month, hahaha... Looks like still hv to wait long long...

Hi matched gal,

Your ger born on 22 Feb???? My ger too. My edd is 04 Mar and she was ard 2 weeks early.

My ger drooling like crazy too.

I will be back at work this Friday and already I felt like quitting as my ger now recogizes people and when other people carry her she will cry so badly and I feel so heartpain. Brought her to my mum place these two days to familiarise and still not very successful.

I need to give 3 mths notice period if I want to quit so I think she will settle down by then. Feel so frustrated that I can't quit immediately. Its so sad to see her cry so badly......

Tikkles,

My ger had a fever 1 day after her jab... Then we gave para, and she stone and slept alot that nite, haha... But ah, the days after dat she cranky leh... I dread to think what happens after her next jab (which is dis wkend)... Yikes...

Inlove,

Hahahaha... Eh, next time shd celebrate birthday together, keke... My edd was 08 mar [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I went back to work on 13june already... Before spent like 1 month doing "handover" to my parents to get her and them to be familiar with the routine (not to say if there is one, hahaha)... I think give your bb some time to get used to things... Maybe you can take a 1 more week leave (if you hv a nice and understanding boss), then get her to be familiar with your mum's place? Spend a few days together with her at your mum's, then slowly 'disappear' few hours (i.e. Go nearby, and let your mum to handle a few hrs)... It's all a matter of getting used to... So hang in there first before you think of quitting!

O ya, maybe you wanna bring her favourite pillow/nappy cloth/toys to your mum's? Bb's are sensitive to smell too, so try to make the environment at your mum's as close as poss to her usual surrouding... If u noe wat i mean...?

Chen, Sher, SN:

My baby also used to sleep longer, last time KO by 9pm, only wake up at 3-4am for next feed but the past few weeks she only wanna KO at 12 midnight! Worse still every time put her to sleep already (whether its nap or sleep for the night) about 15 min later she will scream a bit like scared, then wake up. She used to nap 1-2.5 hours in morn n afternoon, these days her naps only 45 minutes! She has a beansprout pillow but it makes no difference. I am so so tired constantly fighting her to make her sleep. I didn't sleeptrain her but going back to work in 2 weeks time, cannot continue like this, any mommies have any idea wat to do?

From Sat night I had very bad stomach flu then by Sunday night, bb started vomiting too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Mon morn brought her to PD, PD gave medicine but whenever I gave my bb the medicine, she sure vomit so I stopped. My sis came over on Mon to help me cos hubby working n I was still weak then by Tues she fell sick too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] and so did hubby so its a very evil bug... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Sorry for ranting here...

Back