(2011/03) Mar 2011

Sher

Nope... My supply didn't drop lei...

Cos i slowly train my boobs to last 8 hrs one...

So now even if i do bottle feeding, i pump 3x a day... But i latch bb at night cos im lazy to warm up milk...

AirMez n fel, thanks u both.

Harhaha! I must tong. Looking fwd to going out w him alone on sat and yes, our whole world does not just revolve around breastfeeding.

I just hv to rmb to bring more breast pads. Cos sure confirm will leak one.

Sinmey, oh i see... Hope the pearls r ok.... Else will have to drink milktea without pearls....boring

I used to travel alot before pregnancy, like ars twice a mth.. Then during my first trimester, i requested not to travel so i did the ground work while my colleague travels on my behalf... Then during 2nd trimester, my boss started to hint tt since my nausea is over, i should travel again...so i travelled till 3rd trimester... Now give birth liao, whole new set of considerations... Will miss bb... But by the time i go back to work after npl, i prob may not get a posting with lots of ttavelling.... Haiz i really miss duty travels!

Thanks mummies for all the reply, mine only nap 10mins everytime I put him to nap then cry n always have to carry. Should I bring him to pd??

Pink, mine can nap only ard 30min max on the bed but on the fisherprice swing, he can nap 4hrs!!!! I think it's the cradle shape of swing tt gives him a sense of security...

Same here. I have to admit, the yaolan works wonders too!

Those cranky crying days really drove me crazy.. so i succumbed to buying.

Pink,

Maybe put ur bb on tummy or sideway... Shay can sleep longer like this... If sleep open arm, sure easily got scare n cry every 30mins

Pink,

There was a period when my boy started to do that too, drove me nuts. I was wondering if he was not feeling well, spoke to a friend and found that bb will gradually start to sleep lesser at 3 mths. I let him sleep on his tummy, and give the pacifier when he's really v cranky. I was v resistant to pacifier for a long time, but it really works wonder. I try to control the use though, only give when he's really cranky.

Any of ur bb sleeps thru the night but u r still waking up for a middle of night pump? I feel like giving up on the middle of night pump... So tiring n i take so long to fall back to sleep after waking up... My baby sleeps from

8pm till 5 or 6am but i still wake up at 3am to pump .... Sad

SN

I gave up night pumping and sleep instead, too tired. I pump at 9-10pm, and snooze until 5-6pm to pump. The output is not equv to 2 pumps, it's a slightly more than 1 pump but I'm happy. Sleep more imp to prepare for the next day [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

He use to be able to nap long n was very easy to take care. After the 6in1 jab at two months he caught cold cough n fever. That's when all the trouble start ever since then which is gonna b a mth Liao. This is driving me crazy. My house is in a mess n my helper can't do work coz of him. Lucky my #1 started 3hrs playgroup if not I will breakdown at hm

SN,

its up to individual, if its really draining u, then maybe u pump during the day and sleep at night.

Mine will still wake up average 5hr at night, but already on FM, so I just need to make milk, feed him and go back to sleep.

Fel: I stopped letting my boy wear the "baby" romper once he starts wAlking outside.. I wear shorts for him so that if he falls, the shorts will cushion the fall.. Minimize injuries.. My elder started to walk at 11 months..

Pink: do u swaddle yr baby? For me, he sleeps better being swaddled..

Mummies interested to know how much ur bb should b drinking can refer to the below.. My sis got this calculation from pd..

Total milk intake calculation per day: 150ml x weight / no. Of feeds per day. For eg my get is 5kg, so it's 750ml in total a day . I Per feed I give her 125ml, than she will need 6 feeds.

SN: me same case as u, still wake up middle of night to pump. Think really depends on whether u can take the hardness of your breasts, as well as your supply. For me, I will auto wake up at some point before 6am even if my alarm fails to wake me cos painful. And I wanna pump more too to store in freezer as my supply is not a lot kind, so I don't really mind even though it's tiring. But much better than the days of 2-3 hr pumps haha!

Mommies: our first foods order is confirmed! Should be arriving next week. Shall we arrange a lunch and then go robinsons sale at raffles city? :) all other mommies welcome to join too!

1. Audrey 

2. Prestorabb 

3. Alyssa 

4. Milktea 

5. Shirley gsourduck 

6. L3x 

7. Felina 

8. Spyria 

9. Pauline lailai 

10. Teresa / Tres 

11. Alexis/ Claire 

12. Kylie Teo (KTeo / PatrickStar)

Hihi

I remember reading someone looking for Huggies ultra M size for cold storage promo, Bugis cold storage has.

I just bought few packs.

Pink: Day time I'll let my girl sleep on her tummy, find that she can nap longer this way plus I can check on her. Won't jolt herself awake so easily with her arms as compared to lying on her back. Her mid-day nap can go up to 3hrs usually. Night time from 8pm onwards I'll swaddle. :)

SN, my baby usually wakes up at 4-5am to drink milk. I usually pump around 12mn, then pump after baby drinks at 4-5am. but after that usually bb can sleep till about 8am before drinking milk & then I pump again.

SN, I used to wake up at 4am to pump, after pumping at 12, den 730am pump again. I was so tired. So now I decided to pump at 11pm. Den feed bb at 12. Sleep till 530am den wake up pump. Nx pump will b at abt 10am. Of coz total yield not as much. But not as tired n happier with bb. I see open liao. In any case, I dun haf alot of milk. I'm just doing my best to give bm. Bb now on 50% fm.

SN,

same here. Gave up night pumping long long time ago. I pump at 11pm, before sleep. And pump the next morning (6am if work), or 9 am (自然醒 if weekend).

Fel: ya, those neighbourhood shops.. u noe i bought 3 for $8 or 3 for $10.. frm Jav 6 mths wear until now still wearing.. v comfy material la..hehe.. KP sell 1 for 6.90 i tink.. damn ex for singlet.. or pasar malam! hehe.. u wan i can help u buy frm my side thou cos i got 2 markets here selling..=Ppp

or if u wan nicer ones got patterns/wordings.. frm ON , oshkosh.. gt sale u buy, think 2 for $10.. more ex abit but at least material is better .. =D

angelina: cos Jav wear pull up pants.. but nw he learning to pull dwn n stand at toilet bowl n pretend to shh shh.. =.= but i still feel hes nt v ready yet.. but sometimes he pass urine in the diapers, he'll tell me.. but by gestures la..

pinkjji,

think no need go PD la.. cos if u go PD im pretty sure they'll tell u, in tt case, cuddle them n slp or pat dem or comfort them.. will u let yr son cry it out n go to zzz himself? or pacifier? =)

SN - flash card, story books, talking session, cry, go for a walk in morning and evening if weather is good...

Let him entertain himself... till he calls for me... haha...

Royalchoc - My son going IFC, the teacher say prepare one set if my son needs it, but also never say if bring home daily lei...

good question, cos i'm about to email the principal also... i think is must bring home lor.. cos even bedsheet i must bring home daily..

what can I buy for my boy to play har? I find he v poor thing, so far only 3 toys since birth. where can i get those flash cards?

Thanks all the mommies who replied. It's quite a dilemma..... I recently succeeded in tbf cos of the middle of the night pumping.... and finally now there's some surplus.... I have a phobia of no milk in the fridge scenario.... cos my baby rejects formula and will only drink if he is super hungry. Not sure if I give up on the night pumping, will supply then drop....

Audrey, so now you are on 6hrly pumping in the day?

Pooh bear, your bb's sleep pattern similar to mine. He will also wake up around 4-5am, sometimes 6am. After that he will sleep till 8-9am. I try to pump before he wakes up...

Airmez, hahaha...problem is nowadays i will zhi ren xin at 3am loh....I have never set alarm clock to wake up to pump.... somehow my brain already auto tuned to wake up at that time haiz.

Joc, yea, just give whatever you have....

Panda hut, im trying to drag my pumping hours during the day too....i find pumping in the day very draining as well....baby is awake most of the time...make fm takes less time than pumping...every middle of the night after i pump for 20-30 min, i will be so awake that it takes me another 30min to 1 hr to sleep........

Mimimo, yea... agree must sleep to prepare for the next day... sometimes i get grumpy and impatient due to lack of sleep.

Sinmey, i wish i can pump 8hrly too... but supply not enough.

panda hut, you can download the iphone flash cards.... but my boy not interested in them after showing him the first time....haha.... im also wondering what toys he can play with... so far, he is entertained by the musical mobile. I have two above his cot...sometimes i on one, he will look at the other one and wonder why it's not moving hahaha

Panda hut - Popular got sell flash cards lei... Or borders, times all these also have...

Royal choc - my baby starting on the 10th... Sigh... 8 more days to go... This mummy so sad...

Up to you lor... Embroidery, not ma fun ma???

i download the iphone flash card already but my mum says dun show him too much coz of the phone radiation. He not interested in musical mobile leh, tried many times, but he just look at it with no expression.

Fel : nt ma fun lar but need to wait for 3 wks lor...mine gg in 1july n I think I will cry when I send him in lor.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Pandahut, oh really? I thot all babies like music... Initially my baby also didnt take notice of the mobile but since last month he has been happily entertained by it... Ya i also think keep show iphone to bb not good.... Think the glare from e phone bad for eyesight hahs

Mummies using medela Pisa pump.. Ask u huh what r e parts tat we need to periodically change ? Eg like pacifier change every 2-3 mths.. What abt pump parts?

Talking abt IFC...

Today I was finding the hanky and bibs that I need to iron-on for bb to bring to IFC... my heart twitch... so fast... one part of me thinks its good to let her be independent there but another part of me feels sad to leave her in the hands of others...

2Ks - AS mummies mention bedsheet, do I have to prepare bedsheet for care corner? I can't rem if the principal told me abt it.. I only rem pillow/bolster can either leave there till every friday or bring home daily... did you leave it there? AS for bibs to bring to IFC, those with plastic underneath ones better or fully-cloth ones better?

My gal has been VERY ON in sucking her hand these days... I know its part of their growing stage but does mummies here stop them or let them be?

I think this sat when I gg to the sch I must ask alot of thing seem like there is quite a no of stuffs to take note....by the way I tht the bed sheet is provided by the sch ?

pandan hut: Same here!! I also felt very guilty towards my bb for not buying many toys, felt tat I deprived him of fun and joy. I lamented to my ah lau.. He will just roll his eyes and give a 'wah lau, u sibei emo leh" look..

So anyway, since the books say that bb prefer human face and voice to anything else. So every night I'll (or my hubby) just knock myself silly by doing lotsa funny faces, jumping up-&-down, role-playing just to get his chuckle. You should see the way my maid (sometimes even the dog!)look at us two, 2 old monkeys jumping up and down in front of the bb .. Wuahahhaa!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

airmez,

u v funny. hahaha!!! no wonder bb prefer to talk to us and when show him his toys, he not interested.

last night during night feeding, I realise my boy starting to learn how to hold his milk bottles, his both hands will put on the milk bottle as if he holding the bottle and this morning, my mum feed him, he did the same thing. It be a breeze if he really know how to hold his own bottle to drink milk.

My boy too! Especially when he's very hungry cos my hubby sometimes 慢手慢脚 in milk warming. Then the bb will put both hands on the bottle, maciam scare pple snatch his milk away...

Xiaofeizhu: no need to bring mattress cover cos the cot share one mah, not enough cots.. Pillow bolster u can leave it there till Friday then bring back wash.

I don't like bibs with plastic ones cos cant absorb well leh..

When they teething they might drools and sometimes they use the bibs to wipe their mouth etc.. So an absorbent bib will be good..

lilprecious,

He took the jab l a mth ago leh when he is 2 mth. now almost a mth ady.

after the jab he down with cold cough fever,since then he started this pattern. before that he can sleep 2-3 hrs and nap 3 times in the day

Pooh bear, actually have u wondered what is the membrane for huh? Wouldnt the milk be able to drip down by itself without the membrane..

Back