(2011/03) Mar 2011

Mimimo> if ur baby is tbf, it's normal not to poo for 14days even... So long the end product come out is soft...

My PD says she's not concerned unless it's small pebbles stone of shit then must bring to see her:..

2ks

I give him water occassionally, just a few slips. Think I have to increase the amt. I haven't been eating a lot of fruits since confinement was over, ah didn't know that this affects my bm. I will take note moving on [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

As for my dad, I feel better now knowing that this cannot prevented and it's normal. Guess I have to filter out the unkind words and move on.

Rach

Wow 14 days is pretty long, I guess I would have freaked out by then, thks for yr feedback [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Rach

Rach: don't compare with other mummies la.. They r rich and they confirm can "waste" or fling their cash..

For u, u keep saying Bo lui, so this kindof things can save why dont save??

And y is yr maid accompanying ry instead of u? If I hv a maid, I will maximize my time to accompany my 2 kids.. Instead of spending so much time on housework u know..

Many reasons for having maid n tingkAt lor. My hubby produces alot of laundry n most of it requires handwash n ironing and my maid spends lots of time ironing.

As long as my hubby is in town I will cook dinner.. And of course I mentioned to some mummies before that my schedule for sunay at home is quite intensive.. So when I spend time w him my maid helps me with suniska.

I guess its about balance.. I leave my kids w maid when I take just one or the other out or go out myself but as far as I can I do spend all my time w kids. Why have them n be a sahm otherwise?

Lilprecious n 2Ks: oh later they will adjust one ah. My mom was telling ne her colleague sent her first child n immunity became v weak, second child is sent to bbsitter n her health much better. Make me worried...

Rach: ON had swimsuit sale?! Shucks I miss already.. Next time got swimsuit sale can tell me again? Then I'll buy for future. Guess for now I will hunt at KP or mothercare. GSS now. Heehee.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Oh n tingkAt.. I don't cook meat at home cuz when we hv prayers I cook prayer food on My stove so if I want sunay to eat meat either I buy it or microwave it... So since I leave home at 1130 to pick sunay up at 12.. TingkAt works fr me lor. I request no msg but I'm sure got a bit. But empire much less than others that I've tried.

fel, my boy is 7.2kg.. i weight him yesterday...

2Ks,hmm.. let me go n take a look.. if anything i wana know from u.. i let u know again.. heehee!!!

Pinkypink: yes I also dun believe no msg but empire/le xin ones are lesser la.. Not thirsty after eating their food..

I m super alert on msg food lor!!

If I can be a sahm, I will also make sure I spend more time with the kids, or at least if got maid la,.. But too bad I don't hv so I try to maximize my time!

So for now, to spend extra time with either one means I got to take leave..

Wow!

All your bb weight so big !

Guess Clara is the petite size thou she was born earlier than most bbs here ;)

The last 2 weeks I weight her is onli 5.9 kg!

So more to go but most importantly- healthy n normal;)

Will pump her w purée next month n get start w her food soon;)

Tingkat - I find it not so practical if only 2 ppl eating.. The most just eat outside or pack back ;) save more n you can choose the food u reallki wan to eat too

I will end my tingkat dinner cos Brandon been complainting is alway rice plus soup plus dishes;)

Will have to take out all my stuffs n start sweating in kitchen once again

Fel- if u work shift sometime- no point getting tingkat- can be a waste of $ if u work it out;)

For us- we spent $280 for 3 ppl dinner for 20 days n I feel is a bit ex since I m a sahm. So have to work it out the best way to save $$$!!!

AngelianPauline, sher, cae,pinky - I aso sahm n I guess I have been resigned to my sahm routine for 3 years Liao

Good things are u get to spend lot of time w family n kids

And alway on standby SOS when kids fall sick, and get to do things in your sweet time flexible I meant

Bad things are u get to hand on on houseworks if there is no maid to help out, cooking, washing , ironing, and plus tutoring kids if you have schooling children like my case

And you will be left out by friends who can go shopping, watch movies, hang out at spa w girlfriends etc

Sahm only off days is probably the day when hub is not working n willingly to take care of the Kids while sahm can pamper 1 day me time;)

But by then meeting up w friends are so difficult cos sahm has a lot to make use of of just 1 day by itself lol,!!!

ya... last time i also wonder why got maid still order tingkat..then the maid isnt it very senang....

but HB been complaining that before maid used to cook, she has time to play and entertain RY....

now that she cook and cook and wash and wash... RY no one to play with...

:/

quarrel many many times cuz i want maid to cook cuz healtier and save money... but we work out the sums and only a bit more exp... cuz we spent $250-$300 on marketing.. (just meat and vege and fish etc only.. not groceries) so with tingkat, maid is freed up... HB doesnt want to tire maid out... ===> very nice hor???

And expect me to do this and that..and make me die....

Anyhow.. will try out la... weekends will cook one lunch ba.. now weekends i try not to touch PC if i can... can spend time or go out with the girls....

Weekday is SAHM but also doing "work" lo... how bad can it be if i'm home compared to if i'm totally out working and out of sight, tio boh?

now bo lui... but need to generate more lui la..

hopefully more lui comes in.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

AngelianPauline, sher, cae,pinky - I aso sahm n I guess I have been resigned to my sahm routine for 3 years Liao

Good things are u get to spend lot of time w family n kids

And alway on standby SOS when kids fall sick, and get to do things in your sweet time flexible I meant

Bad things are u get to hand on on houseworks if there is no maid to help out, cooking, washing , ironing, and plus tutoring kids if you have schooling children like my case

And you will be left out by friends who can go shopping, watch movies, hang out at spa w girlfriends etc

Sahm only off days is probably the day when hub is not working n willingly to take care of the Kids while sahm can pamper 1 day me time;)

But by then meeting up w friends are so difficult cos sahm has a lot to make use of of just 1 day by itself lol,!!!

i just called Empire....

the girl insist that no MSG and no need to request... all NO MSG de.... :/

watever.... maybe they use sugar to replace a bit?

2K> u mean u can taste the MSG in their food?

are we having this today?

week 4 - Radish Pork Rib

Soup

- Chicken w/

Dried Chilli

- Beancurd w/

Sea Cucumber

- French Bean

w/Shrimp

And.. what time reach u ah??

SHe told me 10am - 1pm....... SO EARLY?? 10am?? gosh.. i wonder which area kena 10am!

Lin Lee,

The sacrifices of a mother is so great hor. I guess it's always good to hv a good support of mothers as well.

My hubby fully believes that the primary care giver should be from the mum.

Recently my hub joked abt how I can actually plan all my schedule in ipad2 calendar n say wow! Still must take leave one huh?

I actually plan Brandon exam dates, playing time for jun holiday, Clara jab appointment all the way till 18 months!

My me time to do my hair in September, our holiday together in nov....

He say wow u scared I won't standby for u huh?? My reply: Bo piang- now I nid to apply leave from u! U r the boss

Tik abt it. Sometime I was thinking I may wan to go back to work when the kids are older. By then, I shld be 40+! old mother Liao !

Keeping a maid dun mean hv to work the maid to death ma.. Happy maid is a good n loyal maid.. Usually la.

Empire: my receipt says no pork n no msg leh Under special requests [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but I'm sure still got a sprinkle.. Lol

Sher

Your hub will appreciate when he look back at how u bring up your children!

realli!

But is funny sometime when my boy did well for his exam, my hub will claim credits saying it's all his hard work to teach my boy?!!!

But when he scored badly, he will ask me what went wrong lol!

Is kinda of funny but he alway make it a point that he appreciated all sahm work!

N is not easy being 24 hrs round the clock,

sher> dun get me wrong.... my HB absolutely wants me to be at home so that i can take care of the girls...

I bathe them, feed them (i latch 24/7) and "play" with them at home too....

BUT... my HB believes in BEING WITH THEM 纷纷种种。

Must be by her side one.. cannot let her play on her own... == neglect...

Which i dun believe in...

But perhaps due to his own upbringing... he will never let his children be neglected the way he does... and he wants to give them 101%.. which i'm not able to....

so at moments when i need to be at PC, like 2-3 hrs a day... maid has to be there to play with them... cannot leave them ALONE playin....which is ridiculous to me la.. how to learn independence then??

I'm an only child.. grew up alone.....mum seamstress at home when i was young..she busy her work i entertain myself.. why cannot??

But HB NEEDS someone to be with his kids...

Sick of arguing.. watever... u want what then wat...

u want tingkat.. u pay for it...

yah....

fel, yah expensive hor...but no choice leh...I can't eat maggi mee everyday since I'm on TBF...No lah...didn't order dinner...sometimes I will go my mum's place for dinner or hubby will buy back...no point tingkat lunch & dinner...very sian one...

2ks, 'cause I lazy to cook rice and heat up using bowls and places...I'm lazy to wash later...that's why I say I must learn to save $$$..still thinking how...u cook 2 days rice at 1 shot? Can ah? Eat overnight rice is okay?

My tax invoice looks like this:

Lunch for 1 pax (3 dishes + 1 soup) - $140

25/5-21/6 (packet) rice - $10

Sub-total: $150

7% GST: $10.50

Total: $160.50

MSG? I can't tell but their food is quite healthy as compared to other tingkats I have tried. I find their quantity sometimes okay but sometimes too little! I'm eating like a cow due to TBF I think!

rach, you are not alone. My tingkat arrives at 10am most of the time too! -_-

For those who bought the huggies promo from cold storage

bought e pampers on last week n called up n they say cannot redeem till 1st jun. Now I call to tell them I coming to collect on 1st jun- then they say no more redeem in June- stock in again in jul! So messy!

So have to Take q no n wait again

Lin:i agree with u la, SAHM really no time to do much things.. my time passes so quickylt with 2 kiddos, spend time w them , do these, do tt, cook sometimes, housework n laundry everyday.. will die.. but somehow im really glad i am a SAHM cos i get to see n witness my childrens mildstones n spend time w them.. BONDING.. sth tt i always feel tt $$ can nvr replace!

Rach: like i mentioned.. i HAVE the blender n i DONT find it fantastic.. if i am given a choice all over again.. i rather i buy a handheld blender, its gd enuf... the turn n steam its nt tt fantastic too la, sometimes aft u steam, thers alrdy collection of water n u turn over sure will leak abit out.. i find its more work for me in my case. but cos i haf it alrdy, no point i spend money on hand held blender so i jus make do with wad i haf.. i guess it works the same for u.. think yr ublender good enuf liao.

actually, i also believe gt MSG de leh in the tingkat.. ive ordered last time b4, say no msg, but when we eat also feel thirsty.. maybe like wad Ratna said la, empire still haf but much lesser.. if no msg, i believe food will nt b as tasty.

ya, i got car n 2 kids n a 4 rm flat.. n only my hb is working.. i got no more CPF cos i used it to pay my flat alrdy.. n now, we r jus surviving on my HB pay n CPF.. i also haf only 1 acct lo..haha, we got seperate n joint accts but all the $$ come frm his personal acct.. he jus transfers the $ dere so its easier for me to use. seriously, my hb dont earn as much as many of u wld think, but i do control my spending, normally, my hb is free to let me go ahead with wadever i spend on.. i told pinky b4, i always die in hands of books n clothes.. but tts becos i control on other areas of spending.. n will always observe my hb's side.. if i realise i overspend, i'll try to cut dwn tt mth.. tts how we survive, spending on mostly necessaties

i know clothes r not...but sometimes, on indulgement n tt is if i got the means to.

my view on SAHM: i believe those who r working wish tt they r SAHM.. mainly to spend time with the kids n witness their milestones.. to play, read n do wadever they wan with the kids... its the bonding they wan. like me, i cant say im rich.. which im definately NOT rich! but its both my hb's n my ideal choice for me to stay at hm to look aft both my kids.. cos i believe as long as we can afford, the mum shud stay home to look aft the kids n jus haf the bonding time which u can nvr get back in the next few years of their lives.. im pretty lucky i shud say, tt my hb supports my thinking n trusts me with his sons more than anyone else... but cos Jav is old enuf to go CC n mingle n pick up things.. tts y we sent him dere.. else if i haf the choice, i don even wanna send him to CC, jus to spend quality time w him.tts y im totally against putting Jav in for full day.. if not y i be a SAHM for?

but i haf to say...yes, it drives me nuts on certain days tt i feel like throwing them aside..but whenever i look at them n see how they smile to me.. i feel whatever i went thru is worth it.

guess ultimately, u wan to be SAHM, u mus spend time with the kids, else it defeats the purpose of a SAHM.

Pauline: one day overnight rice ok la.. Not like I eat long term u see.. Fried rice also hv to use overnight rice then nicer de.. Lol

It's like only 2 days eat overnight rice Ma.. One day fresh one day overnight..

I wanna cut cost...

Hi Mummies please PM me if you keen on this?

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5527507.jpg]

Brand new GAP romper at $10, price tag intact

6-12 months or 12-18 months, thanks!

lilprecious & Lin, that's why I say..I really take my hat off you two! Not easy to be a SAHM w/o a maid! My laundry has been in the basket for 5 days already. Baby's laundry will always be the priority. Life w/o my Siti is a struggle but somehow I'm so much happier although super duper tired! LOL

2ks, cut cost..hmmm...maybe I should try and cook my own rice hor? Hahaha...but I don't succeed in cooking rice all the time! LOL...okok...I must try hor...lol...

pauline : u sounds like me. hehehe maybe im even worse

my problem is i cant cook, n im lazy to learn. when josh started pureed food i tried to cook for him but when he didnt eat it,i hate it so much n stop trying

my hb keep asking me to cook n hinting that home cooked food is better, etc etc. so every weekend he cook for josh's food

so far we eat outside for dinner n josh will eat anything that we eat, thats why on weekend hb cook for him

i hate it when this cooking topic keep appearing in our conversation. i hate to cook, can u just accept it!! i love cleaning the house,so i always make sure that my house is co fortabke n clean. but i hate cooking. why cant he understand this. so frustrating. maybe i will try empire also for our dinner, looks like lots of moms order from empire

oh n through out josh puree period, my fridge is full with jar food from gerber n heinz. i know its not healthy lah. but im lazy to makethe puree for josh. i even have the stem n blender from avent but i barely used it

am i a lousy mom just because i cant cook n i admit im lazy to learn. n the more hb nag to me bout it, the more i refused to do it

Rach, yeah I latch 24/7 too. And it can b so tiring. And especially so w mums w more than 1 child. So I really pei Fu these mummies.

I read somewhere before tt sometimes it's good for a child to play by themselves. Teaches them imagination n creativity. Also, independence! But I guess most daddies r more

protective of their girls?

Chin up Rach. I'm sure u r doing a great job. And the best u can.

Lin lee, u r so efficient! I must learn from you. Harhaha. Or maybe I just need an iPad 2. Hur hur.

Lilprecious, really thank u. I think that u put a good emphasis of being a SAHM. I am learning how to enjoy and nt feel looked down upon when i tell pple I'm a SAHM. But like your husband, mine has been understanding n even helpful as a first time dad. I guess support is important as well. I'm learning how to spend time well my my son.

lilprecious : agreeeeee. the same reason for me being a sahm. to be with my kids, play, take care of them, etc etc. same like u, im also very reluctant on sending josh to cc. but i have to lah, cant cope with taking care of jordan n do the house work

at least i dont need to cook lah, just focus on house work n jordan

i love spending time with my kids, esp josh. hehehehe so fun playing together at home

Jes> ya Lo.. Agreed...

Huh... The blender really not that good ah.... Mmmmmmm...

Sigh... Let me sit on it until philips sent me email.... Haha...

Else just have to steam separate and use U blender Lo... Ublender that time buy only $60 from isetan sales....

Yah my hubby also trust only me to take care and nobody else... Besides maid... But maid is also help ard la... Main person still me... Only few hrs a day I on PC try to sort and settle all the orders...that's why even wana send RY to CC also convince him VERY long... Maybe when RY go CC then stop Tingkat le... Maid will have time to cook while RY is away ma... See how.. Still long.. Vacancy in NOV!! :///

Pinky> ya Lo... Hubby believes in happy maid... So he always say must let her rest etc etc...

Then wife is take for granted la?? No need rest and break...

Work till I die won't run away....? Sigh....

Gathering at Candy House (Woodlands) on 10 june:

with MJ session included...lunch catering?

1. Candy N Caitlyn (lunch)

2. rach & clan (lunch)

Sher- I came across lot of ppl n even passerby telling me my job is not easy! N I m alway proud when my hub praise me for taking good care of the hse, kids, n most importantly, their well bringing

My hub is the onli child- but he still believe in building up confidence in his children, speak well n talk smart. Haas

He is a dare devil in training his boy such as climbing up the trees in forest adventure, splashing thru the waves in High tides n recently addict my boy into ifly in sentosa.

Is an expensive sport to get addict! Imagine 49 secs for $69 !!!

Told my boy that mummy will pack lunch and we eat there if gg sentosa again.

Alot of things that we can do so much!

But when the boys are older, they leave the mummy nuture to join the father !

Rach

Your hub know that u won't run away for sure n for the sake of the young children lor!

My hub aso told me when I work till I over tired myself n say I gg to die if I keep doing n doing

So his solution to my nagging : part time maid.

It's help at least 50% pf my load taken off when the Aunty come;)

Jes> who says clothes is not necessities??

It is Lo... No clothes how to wear and go out?? And cannot everyday go out wear same thing ma!! U are not doing it wrong! Lol...

I'm a sucker for baby clothes also...

But I believe they will wear it de so not that loss... Now I dun buy like last time le.. One shot 10-20 pcs...

Now I buy 1-2sets... Older age can wear de...

But toys is a waste la... Bought so much toys.. But all educational toys... Some really see how RY progress from duno how to play until now she can smartly plays and enjoys them...

But I will stop buying toys le... Enough for next 2yrs... Have toys up to 3 yrs le... Buy somemore my maid gotta sleep living room liaoz.. Room full of toys!!!

I dun buy branded bags, shoes, clothes on myself... That's what I save on... The only diaper bag also just got it recently cuz can get cheaper price.. Retail $115 I sure won't buy Lo...

My clothes and baby clothes 95% old navy, gap, carters & osh... And only during sales...

I dun buy polo, and all other branded and exP ones...

So i also control la...

Only shoes I buy pediped cuz I believe good shoes are very impt...

I no buy jewelry, ear rings, rings etc... Wait for hubby buy!!

I dun even put make up... Save more money there also...

So it's individual priority la... Spend within means.. Trying very hard also... But some things just so hard to resist.... ESP pretty things.... Sigh...

If only we can buy and spend without thinking... Lol....

Hi mummies, wonder if any of u is doing/heard of using rice water to make fm for bb instead of juz normal boiled water. Meaning boil abit of rice den use tat water. Tats Wat my mil ask m to do. She says it's gd n more filling.

Arrgh. Some stupid drilling upstairs. Now bb v tired yet can't slp. Gotta resort to giving her pacifier den she'll stop crying. But still can't slp. Tink coz of e noise. N it's oso driving me crazy.

Lin Lee, my husband also has the same mentality. He wants his son to fall down and get up. Play lots of sports and w a confident young man. Harhaha. He already is making plans for his son to be playing soccer. Harha.

I agree. For boys, eventually they will become closer to daddy. Hope I don't feel left out. Heh heh

Sher

I already left out when Brandon was 10 yrs old last year.n alot of thing he prefer to do w his father than me

Like playing badminton, soccer, swimming etc- he love his dad presence than me

For me- I become like a care giver- get everything ready n go out w them

Now w Clara! I will have more girl mummy bonding w her while my boy has his son father bonding

Lin Lee, oh so nice!! U have 1 boy and girl. How fair! Harha. I went to pumpkin patch the other day. (btw, having sale) and I was so jealous. The boys section only a few shelves at one corner. Then the girls section so big n many things to buy!!

So fun. I'm sure u have many things to buy for Clara! I hope my 2nd one will b a girl too.

Sher> I dun find latching tiring cuz I latch lying down...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

It's just time consuming for me... But I get to use iPhone while latching la.. Lol...

Tingkat> just finished... Eeehh the salt and pepper sotong sooo salty!!! The egg soup is bland.... Lol....

But overall still a bit too salty la.. We cook at home no msg and rarely salt de... Lol...

Think can tell them lesser salt still!! Lol...

I have not mastered the art of latching while lying down. So in the middle of e night. I will still sit up n cradle hold. Very tying for me.

Sher> I only latch Lying down at home.. 24/7..

Only outside then cradle.. If bench is long enough I'll also lie down..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My son gets more impatient when I'm latching him while lying down. Cos, I think I'm also blur. U very pro leh. Bench also can. Harhaha. Pei fu.

Lin- ya I work shift so if i work afternoon shift (1-10pm) then I won't be home to eat lor.. But I will make my hubby keep my portion in fridge next day bring to work for lunch (If I work morning shift ) if not have it at home for lunch before work lo.. This way won't be wasted Ma...

So long got space for me and baby to lie down I can la...

Very easy de.. And convenient..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

halo mimimo

my boy only poos after 6-8 days and this has been going on for the last 2 months. i asked my PD and he told me it's ok, his sons' record was 21 and 22 days! so dun worry ok.

Back