(2011/03) Mar 2011

Pinkypop : hmmm.. I not sure leh... But hor... Before 2month, i always alternalty put my girl left right side to sleep... But after 2month, i just place her straight to sleep... Mean her head will look at the ceiling instead lo... And so far her head is alright leh...

Thanks for all ur advice! Wish I can join u all at the gatherings. Will help me gain some confidence in bringing my gal out. Dunno why so suay. Brought her out a few times only and she always poopoo big time and stain the carrier or baby seat.

Gg out today and hope she sleeps!

Thanks mummies for sharing your experiences. It's true hor, all about conditioning.

Will have to train my son to learn how to sit on the car seat. Thanks tho!

The next training will be enabling him to sit n stay in his stroller. Cos previously he hated his pram, then Unalaska take him out when he cries.

Angelia: My daughter very stubborn, first 2 months wanna sleep only on her right! I turn her to left, few minutes later she face right again! Then I gave up and now her head shape look funny. Trying to correct her from now... sigh...

sher,

ya, got to train. But sometimes they likes, sometimes they dun. really hv to catch their pattern.

My boy likes to sit in pram and at home sometimes he cranky, I put him in pram and placed the pram at the door, let him sit at the doorstep look at the scenery outside. hahaha!!! My mum said like watchdog.

2 weeks ago he likes to be sling in pupsik and sit in car, but recently dun know why dun like, just like to sit in his car seat.

So cute. I must try putting my son in the pram and let him watch the scenery too! Train him. Harhaha.

I got a friend's baby. She used to love the sling butbonce she turned 3months. She hated it already. So my friend had to buy a carrier. She says her daughter likes to look at things. Haha.

Pinkypop, i have the same problem! My son loves sleeping on his right n i didnt think it was an issue until i realise his right side now flat! Ahhhhhh... N i think it is also cos most of us carry him in our left hand so e pressure is on his right side of his head. Right now, i will carry him with my right hand... My hubby n the rest still cannot get used to carrying bb with right hand but since i carry him 70% of the time, it's a good change. Also, i bought a dimple pillow. Now he sleeps head facing up on the pillow... Sometimws still turn to e right but not completely right cos pillow will prevent tt.

Pinkypop : try put the below on the right side of bb head when you want her to face right... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my girl also will love to turn to the right and face left... What i do is, i want her to face left, i put pillow on the right side of her head.. Than if i want her to turn right, i put pillow on the left... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Panda hut : the benbat head rest .. http://www.todaysmotherhood.com/2010/06/benbat-travel-friends-headrest/

2ks: thanks for the advice on pumping. I tried skipping 1 pump and my next pump about doubled, so guess I can go out le yay! Think I'll slowly start dragging pump to 4-hrly now. If 4-hrly and I go out less than 8 hrs, should I wait til 8 hrs up before pumping or just pump as soon as I get home? Should i follow a strict timing in pumping like every 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm etc? Cos currently I depend on what time is my first pump of the day (sometimes I oversleep) then count the 4 hours accordingly.

SN: my project latch is sort of successful in that she manages to just drink from my breasts without supp with bottled ebm. But she nurses super frequently! Like every 1-2 hours omg, 3 hrs if I'm lucky. Seems to be constantly at my breasts and gets cranky too cos she only sleeps at my breasts, remove then wake up, barely got any rest by latching her. Think she's not drinking efficiently sigh. This lazy mommy prefers the 4-hr milk schedule she's on, and worried latching will mess up the schedule lo, so guess I'm back to pumping exclusively. Think I'll only latch when I have no choice outside, if can bring pump I'll prolly still bring ba.

Pinkypop: my girl also prefers to sleep on her right. I was concerned about her head shape too so I went to get a babysafe dimple pillow for her and I feel it really helps! Now she sleeps straight up mostly. Perhaps u can try. :)

Wah I wished I went for the gathering at Rach's too. U girls sound like u had a good time shopping hehe!

Audrey, my dimple pillow also Babysafe brand haha, but do u find yr bb still try to rest her head to the right but ganna blocked by the pillow? Hahaha.

Yr project latch same case as me. Yesterday, i was so tired of pumping, i decided to latch. Bb still eager to latch but it lasts him 2 hrs max! Sometimes 1hr only. N there was once, after latching n puking some milk out, he cintinued to fuss so i didnt know how much he drank so i went to heat up ebm... End up he was sleepy n not hungry...... Haiz my poor ebm... So bottle feed still got its advantages.

skiphop diaper bags and changing station & stripe wipes case

courier is going to pick up and deliver to me this evening..

Anyone else needs anything??

Bravado??

SN: yaya sometimes she will still try to turn right but the pillow prevents it lo haha. That's why it's good I feel. Now she mostly sleeps quite well facing upwards le. Helps her complexion too cos last time she sleep sideways seems to always get heat rash on her right cheeks lo. Now morning her complexion v nice, but sometimes as the day progresses her heat rash will come out again sigh.

Oh our project latch sama sama. Ya lo, at least with bottle we know how much they drank, can rule hunger out of the crying equation. My hb was like since bb alr got into a routine, why still go mess it up. End up both bb and me so tired. Even my last feed during project latch we decided to feed back bottle in case she dun sleep thru lo. Good thing that came out of it is at least I know she still can latch la. :) so u gonna latch and pump now or just pump exclusively?

Hey mummies.. For e travel headrest, those interested pls put down your name n e design u preferred.. If got alot of mummies interested, maybe can see If supper can give better discount ..

RACH- u got lobang to spree in or get it cheaper ?

Mummies interested in Benbat Travel Headrest & design:

1. Allets ( 0-12 months : Bear)

2. Annie

3. Blurjen

Oh no, I dun knw what design I want for the headrest, all look so nice. hmmmmm.......

2. Annie

3. Blurjen

4. pandahut (0-12 months : Chick)

Audrey, last time my bb can fall asleep after latching.. No matter how "jerky" i put him down on the bed, he will still KO 1 hr. Now, he zzz only on the nursing pillow! Once i transfer him to e bed, tt's it liao -_-!!! So then i will wonder if he wants more milk or wat...

Now, i will latch him once or twice a day... Just to keep the latching going haha... Usually in the morning when he tends to cluster feed, after finishing his bottle n if he's still hungry n i havent had time to pump n fridge no milk, i will latch lor haha, my supply is really just enough, no surplus wan.

During the day my boy cant stand the cot... So in the day he sleeps on e swing n i use a head positioner to prevent him from turning right too!!!

2. Annie (0-12 months : Bear)

3. Blurjen

Audrey: that's great! That means u can go out at least 6 hours right??

It actually depends on whether u can tahan or not.. If u can't tahan just pump out, should be slightly less and prob it will catch up on the next pump.. Or like less abit 30-50ml

Shouldn't be much an issue..

But don't do this always (skip a pump) unless u wanna change timing ok..

And yes to your 2nd question, u should set a regular timing to pump.. Like 8am just allow to plus minus half an hour.. U shouldn't confuse your breasts on timing..

Like me, I hv standard timing to pump too... I skip the 3pm one if I m outside and get my bb to latch otherwise 4plus I try to pump. Otherwise I pump at 2plus before I go out..

But I try not to do this too often cos it's only 2 months...

Hope that helps...

3. Blurjen

5. starfruit12 (tinking of design..)

Thanks for all the advice mommies. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Where can I buy the dimple pillow?

Pinkypop: if you want dimple pillow, i dont mind sell you, mine at a cheap price leh... Cause i got one extra and i never put my girl on that dimple pillow before...

Pinkypop : the photo hor.. I must go home and take the picture leh... Cause i now at my mum place.. I will reach home around night time... Can? Or you message me in fb your contact? Than when i reach home than sent you... Cause i seldom check my PM de leh.. You in my fb? Add me... Name is fb : Angelia Mark Cherelle , my profile picture is me, my hb and bb in the middle de... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

3. Blurjen

6. Tikkles (0-12 months: penguin)

Posted on Saturday, May 21, 2011 - 1:07 pm:       

3. Blurjen

6. Tikkles (0-12 months : chick) sorry, ignore the earlier post as penguin is for 1-4 years! So cute though.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

3. Blurjen 

6. Tikkles (0-12 months: penguin)

7. Pinky bubbles (1-4 years old : lion)

My #1 also don't like the headrest leh... Tried once and he hates it... So it's sitting somewhere in my cupboard.. I bought lion de, it's so cute but too bad..

Pinkypop : i accept you le... You fb msg me , your contact bah. Than i sent you later.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

SN: I think transferring bb to cot and keep them asleep still is an art in itself lol! I suck at it too sigh. Ya the thing about latching is I also dunno she cry is cos still hungry or what. Cos my bb will fall asleep at my breasts and spit out my nipple - you'd think she's full le rite. Put her down cry again and she will root for my nipple again sigh, sometimes drinking sometimes nibbling, really dunno she wants milk or comfort. Bottle really easier lo. hmm your boy seems to cluster feed a lot leh, that's why no surplus is it? Is that normal or growth spurt or bad habit? My girl used to need a "snack" after bath, bad habit lo so gotta slowly change.

2ks, thanks for the valuable tips! I copied down in my notes le haha. Think I've been confusing my breasts all this while oops. Gotta recondition them now hee. Yeah now planning maybe I can join u all next fri at your place after all! What time is it supposed to start? any east mommies going??

Aaa: I need to find it.. I m very lousy dunno I keep where.. PErhaps I keeping for didi.. I let u know again k

Audrey: u must set a time for pumping, don't confused your breasts alright? Ya I agree that latching must latch very often.. I can't do exclusive latch cos I won't hv time to do other things like housework, cook, care for #1 etc.

But I miss the bonding with baby..

So what I did it, I latch for one feed only and for snacks...so I get the bonding and I get my own time to do other things cos bb will not fuss much after a full feed with bottle lor..

Perhaps u can try too??

Audrey: forget to reply u.. Start at 12 bah? But I get the buffet to deliver by 11.30am or so..

If u coming add your name to the list ok??

Dwinguler Playmats have ARRIVED!!!!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Will arrange for tomorrow's delivery..

Mummies who ordered...

PM me:

Name:

Address:

okie!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Rach : thanks for yesterday, it was fun n the food was nice

Jeraldine : thanks for giving me a lift [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Btw yesterday was really not my day. Not only I didn't get my hb's present (oos). After I drop off from jeraldine's car the rain was pouring heavily n with a strong wind. I used my umbrella to cover Jordan but end up we both r still wet. Soaking wet, jialat jialat

Then when we got in the taxi,the rain was reducing n even stopped. Reached my condo can see the sun. Wahlau drop off from the taxi,I look like an idiot soaking wet from top to bottom while its actually sunny out there [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

This morning weather also very confusing,prepared to go to the park then its raining. But got sun,very weird de

I missed latching too. Was trying to latch my girl last time. But she'll latch an hr den last Onli 1.5-2hrs. Feeding time v luan. Until abt 3wks, my HB actually said he prefer to put her on schedule so we decided to bottle feed fully & follow the EASY. I was quite sad coz I miss the bonding. Of coz, it has it's benefit la. Now I can prepare her feed in advance n put her to nap when it's time. Except when out she cant reall haf her full nap den get abit cranky. (like now) The Y time is mostly used up to pump milk. So actually not much urself time.

Btw anyone can advise? I'm deciding whether to give my girl Pneumoccocol jab now at abt 3mths? Or shd wait later. She just had her 6-in-1 jab last wk. If gg for Pneumoccocol den gotta jab again nx mth. Like so poor thing. Every mth jab.

3. Blurjen 

6. Tikkles (0-12 months: chick)

7. Pinky bubbles (1-4 years old : lion)

8. Sinmey

Fish,

Bb shay can flip now... Though not every time success. His head seems too heavy to carry.. Sometime flip after long try n end up too tire to hokd his head up Liao...

I like to carry him side over my shoulder so he can carry or rest his head on my shoulder when he tire...

It is very fun to see him trying so hard to turn. He will get very frustrated n screaming when using too much strength trying to lift his head. He is struggling there, me n hb is laughing looking at him.... Very jek ark ...

Audrey, my boy cluster feed in the morning when he just wake up n then at night before he sleeps. So usually during those times i will have no surplus. Otherwise, at e v most, my surplus is just 1-2 feeds only. During his growth spurt, he will drink even more..n i will need to sup with fm...

Yah, same here, my boy will latch n in 10 min or less, fall asleep n spit out the nipple... Then knowing his pattern now, i let him nap a while (5-10min) on nursing pillow.. N he will auto wake up to search for food again hahaha..

Uh oh.... Im pumping now n i hear my bb wailing outside.... But he just drank 130ml at 6pm!!!! I can hear my mom saying he's hungry............. Theres no more milk in e fridge loh n it's terrible to stop pumpinh halfway cos breasts gg to leak all the way..............,, argh.....

Pinkypop, u can buy dimple pillows from kiddy palace or places like spring maternity, mothercare

Oh my, went out tis aftn and now my girl is so cranky. Keep crying. Think she's overtired coz she didn't nap much when out. Tired yet can't slp. Haiz. Tml still got to go church. Pray tat wont b like tat. Realli hope she grow out of tis.

Joc, last sunday, we went church n my boy starting crying after 5 min cos he was over tired from saturday...we ended up gg home after 30min... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back