(2011/02) Feb 2011

@ Wish Child & Darlest: Congrats! U guys r gd man!! Without epidural. Very brave!!! Hmmm, seems like so fast... Were jus talking abt u guys might over due n without a sec, pop! Hmmmm, how I envy u guys... :p

@ moomoo73 & Terrylyn & Huang Fang Fang & mummyb :

seems like it's left with us now... Tomorro I'm seeing John Tee at Amk. How abt u guys? Well, today I'm feeling so giddy, but still struggle to go out have dinner @ suntec wif my auntie as I'm all alone at home. Very bored! Hmmm, now feeling much better but m waiting for Hubby to fetch me to his company event chalet cos it's been soooo ling since we last went out. Hopefully baby dun give me last min surprise! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] since no contractions or anything all along, I suppose bb not ready yet, that's y decided to go out n stay over at chalet w Hubby. Let him also have time w his collegues [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hmmmm, i think I won't be ready till another week, see wad tomorro John tee will say. Wad abt u guys? ;)

@Jolin: My girl's umbilical cord is still attached too after 14 days and my mum asked me to call bb's PD up to ask if I should bring her down for removal. *ouch* Will be calling them up later. Any advise from other mummies?

@OFB: How come they only gave you 4 bottles of FM?? I thought they should have given you much more than that. Btw, may I know how much cash did you have to topup for both mother and baby's hospital bill?

@Ah Ching: How is your girl? Did you brought her to PD in the end?

RE: Plain Water

Is it really true that NB are advisable not to drink?

Zanta,

My bb gal umbrical cord has detached this morning. It's e 17th day of her birth. Thank God, finally has dropped.

Last night we were thinking of bringing her to PD to remove it but our CL told us that it will detach on it's own eventually and asked us to monitor first.

Maybe you can monitor for another day or two?

And must remember to handle with care. Oh ya, my CL put e jing Feng zhu puo Shan powder on her stomach to "dry up" e area so it can drop faster. Maybe you can check with your mum or CL about this method

Hello zanta! How r u? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] if not necessary dun need to give newborn plain water. Cos their stomach is small, if give water they become full then dun take enough milk. A bit here n there should be ok ba [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies, thank u for all the well wishes! Once again, congrate wishchild!! Hee... Today I will be discharge. Suppose to bf my lil princess, but my gal puke out abit of water, so push back to nursery to warm her 1st. Let me update my birth story. Last nite, really is a memorable moment for me. Never did I expect I dilate soo fast this time. My 1st labour last for 10hrs!

On 20th feb morn, 1plus am, had a few hardening on tummy, ignored coz i know it false contractions. Coming to 2am, once or twice, there's a bit of pain when Harding. Decide to turn in early. Managed to zzzzz, ard 2plus am, woken by a long contraction pain, waited, but nothing again, while waiting for more sign, zz back again.. Then another painful contraction came. Wide eyes, thinking dun tell me It's tonite. Then another painful contraction came. 3am,Sit up & decide to go living room & monitor the pain to see if it regular.

3.06am, pain start to get lOnger & longer but still irregular. 3.15am, decide to pack the rest of my elder child thing to bring to hospital. While packing, the pain start to become super painful, grabbing the kitchen table top when I pack. Call out toy Hubby to get ready.. I start to shout out in pain when there painful contraction. It shocked my Hubby. My Hubby drove super fast up to Hospital. Reach hospital 4.15am, reach deliver ward, 4.30am, nurse check, 8cm dilate, too late for epi. Nurse quickly prepare for birth & call my gynae. I was put on the gas. 2 push, my gal was out at 5am.

@Jolin: I don't think my mum knows about your CL's method but last week during bb's checkup, PD gave me a small bottle of powder to apply on bb's umbilical cord. Maybe gotta monitor awhile more. But my mum mentioned my bb's umbilical cord is short le.

@MamaYing: I'm good, looking after bb on my own but got mum to helpout. Though it's tiring and stress at times but seeing bb growing everyday makes it all worthwhile.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] How are you doing? Have you celebrated your boy's full month?

Zanta: i was at the peak of my tiredness last week.. mon-wed cry n cry.. but ever since much better le and in good moods... baby is latching well and feeding him full latch on demand.. so tt's the tiring part.. got to always be there when he needs milk hee. at night latch when lying down so now also sleep better.

celebrating man yue his sunday. actual day is friday. time flies and things are more routine le. starting to enjoy breastfeeding and taking care of baby. With Xuan I was so tired and almost depressed and bf Xuan only abt 3 weeks then give up liao.

Good to know u r doing fine :> enjoy time with baby.. very soon they will grow up very fast... i miss the times when Xuan was still a baby hee

@Zanta: I only use the glass bottles when I'm feeding him BM cos I find the opening a bit too small to pour in the FM.

Btw did your PD also give you a bottle of cord spirit to clean the umbilical cord? My PD gave me a bottle of that & powder & said to apply 3 times a day. His umbilical cord dropped in 10 days..

congrats to wish_child and darlest!

mommies, i wana ask.. when u're back to work and you need to express out your milk during work.. how do you transport and store your pumps and bottles? there's no sterilizer in the office, after each time you pump, how do you clean up the parts and bottles? do you re-use them to pump the next round?

En Xuan - I will be seeing my gynae tomorrow. My ML just started today... so happy!

Darlest - your dilation is very fast.. mine is taking weeks! Anyway, you did well!

Moomoo soon to be ur turn, time really flies. Let me know when u in hosp hee maybe I happen to be around [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] baby going for hep b jab on 28feb. Then my 6 weeks check 7 mar [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] btw u expecting boy or girl?

@Val: I'm also using the glass bottles to store and feed my girl with BM. But the amount seem not enough for her already. I think her appetite increased again.

@MamaYing: Actually I broke down and cried afew times in the night after night feedings as my girl doesn't wanna sleep after her feed and kept crying away. I felt so lost and tired at the same time. But now I kept telling myself that this is just part of a phrase of a bb's life and they'll grow outta this phrase very soon which keeps me going. I think I'll also miss this part when my girl grows up.. I'm now missing the movements in my stomach when she's still inside.

I can't seem to find a good position to lie on while latching on bed le, but I think practise makes perfect. My girl normally cries for milk about every 2hrs from start of feed to start of feed now if I latch her on. How about your boy?

How is your Man Yue preparation? And which catering did you order from?

@Val: No le, the PD never give me any cord spirit, only cord powder. That time upon discharge, TMC gave us some alcohol swap which I still left with some. Just now I called the PD clinic up and the clinic assistant told me it's ok, she said some babies took up to a month for the umbilical cord to drop. So I'll just wait bah..

Hi All,

My bb girl came out on the 2nd Day of CNY. And currently I am expressing my breastmilk coz my gal cant seems to latch on properly (juz like my elder boy).

Currently each pump can only get arnd 80ml (combining both sides) which is not enough for even 1 feed. Really stress over the milk supply.

Zanta: lie down sometimes bit difficult cos it's dark I need to try to find his mouth then put my nipple there. Also must make sure baby is right beside, skin contact if not baby is too far. Night I so comfy latching lying down I think I maybe wake up 3 time then I fall asleep while he drinks so I must put towel is not will wet my bed :p. In the day he sometimes 1 hour latch again sometimes can be 2.5 hours. Depends on him ba. I let him lead the way hehe. I am quite lucky, naybe experienced with xuan also. This time rui latches well and drinks well to. My supply just nice so not pumping a lot. Naybe 2-3 times a day but I keep 2 days then throw. Almost nv use. Freeze now also no use. Cos full latch by the time I go to work in another 3 months, the nutrients in our milk then also change le, the milk now wun be suited.

Man yue will cater from e creative which is halal. Also ordered some cupcakes to send to them on monday.

Yes baby grow older also more fun, will respond to u etc. Slowly but surely ur mood will be better. Confinement over also got more freedom and should be slightly less tired ba hugssss

zantarina - on plain water.. i asked my PD and she said ok to give abit but no more than 100ml a day

All mummies still waiting to pop.. good luck and hv a safe delivery!

@Zanta: Mine also appetite increasing liao. Now drinking 90ml sometimes 100ml. But he has problem sucking pigeon teats. Haiz, don't know how also.

My PD said the spirit better. I also have the alcohol swab. He said the alcohol swab very hard, difficult to clean. Cos the umbilical cord there will have blood stain. So if use the cord spirit will be cleaner & cord will drop faster.

en_xuan: am going to see my gynae on wed. exactly 1 more week to my edd. Really hope bb will come soon. Have you seen your gynae, what did he say?

tiger: yes sterilize the parts as well. i believe you think too much, in the first place they are meant to be sterilize, what's the point of making breastpump parts that cannot be sterilized when it's supposed to be sterilize before use?

zanta: 2 nights, top up around $2.3k in cash. Total bill came up to be over $6k+

hi mummies to be

i have a playpen from a friend but i have bought my own.

Brand new, unopened, still in the original package.

Far east floral selling at $139, letting go at $99. self collection

Please PM me if interested

Thanks

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5135069.jpg]

Moomoo I am bring baby for hep b 2nd dose. Wish to take the 5 or 6 in 1 at polyclinic. Actually this hep b also wanted to go polyclinic but the appt is mid march, didn't wanna wait so long cos suppose to take at 1 mth so decided to go back raffles pd.

Pinkyval and zanta, I threw all the glass bottle away liao.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] silly me..

Ah Ching, went shopping huh.. Hehe

went to pray guan yin for my gal and went to meet a potential nanny.

on the way went paragon kidstyle to buy shoes for my boy.

20 dollar off so the oskosh only 30+

then went taka and bought 2 toys for my boy.

like that spent 100 dollars liao.

but now so tiring and gotta go fetch my boy from CC plus buy cake vouchers as my fren coming my place..

the nanny din work out. now headache child care matters.

Hi... I am having this numbness on my left leg for the whole day already.. Having some cramps which felt like going to toilet.. And backache on and off.. I was wondering is this consider contraction.. My edd is on 24th..

Ah Ching, the shoes sounds like good buy! Very tempting leh.. If this nanny didn't work out then try to source for more.. Infant care?

Yvonne, you might be experiencing bh.. But I do rem I did experience backache and mild cramps just two days before delivery. Should be soon I guess..

hi jeanie... i start having light brownish mucus coming out this few days alrdy. shld i go to the hospital nw? will they induce if my edd is not reached?

Hi guys, sorry.. MIA so long.. Still very busy lately to be active here. Just finished bb's full month. Will come back to catch up with you all after I settle other stuff..

How are you all doing? Any more mummies havent deliver yet?

@OFB: may I know how long ur wife takes to pump out the milk using Medela freestyle, like how many ml in how many minutes? Is the pump very noisy? Will it wake up bb while pumping? How much does it cost for the US set? It comes with warranty?

Sigh... Still on the waiting game. What is the normal distance to walk everyday to induce labor? I have been trying to walk an extra 1.5km everyday on top of other normal walking. More tired than ever after false contractions.

Coz of second birth was C-Section. If fetal movements slow down, I will be rolled for another C Sec. Trying to avoid that.

@En Xuan: How's ur checkup? My next one on the 23rd...

@Moomoo: Holding up?

@Yvonne: If it is light brown, you might want to check with your gyne. My mucus has been coming out for a week and still clear/yellowish. :D

fangfang: the mucus is sometime yellow sometimes light brownish... so tired! and moreover my left leg is feeling numb all the time. when's ur edd?

On Dr Ang's advice.. checking in TMC tonite for induce.. since already 2-3 cm dilated

Inserted pill juz now and after 1/2 hour, hard to walk liao, looking forward to seeing baby soon.

-

@Joan: Have a safe delivery!

@Yvonne: due on the 26th. Have a feeling she is waiting for her daddy to come back first. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@moo moo: I might try that. The walking is sapping my energy.

Yvonne, check with gynae. I got mild contractions first. Then brownish discharge follow by intense contractions. An hour later is bit bloody discharge.. Then labour starts.. Normally will wait for contractions ..

zanta: didnt bring my girl to PD.. realise she takes a long time to poop each time..

jeanie: there's no infant care near my work place..

sigh, after calculating the costs of child care, am considering to let my MIL take care of my gal..otherwise 2 children will cost me abt 1.2k

just now I was bathing for my newborn, my elder boy poop..

he dug into his diaper and tried to clean his 'dirty' hands on my back as I was bending over to bathe mei mei...

yucks

Thanks fellow mums for encouragement

Joan's hubby posting live from TMC family lounge,

Check-in TMC last nite and Doc Ang started the induce, wife had mild to moderate contractions from MN till now.

Just enter labour ward. There was another Malay couple who checked in with us under Dr Ang. Had contractions at 5am and delivered by 7am.. wow!

Hopefully have a 1 bedder later, TMC was nice to allow both dads to stay in the 2 bedder coz both were due for induce today. Condition is both must stay...hahaha

Will update later after dear baby arrives

Hi mummies,

How's everyone today?

Wonder how some of the previously active mummies are doing... Like cherrygarcia? Should have popped by now?

jessyy: hubby said not safe to leave maid at home with 2 children.. they are so young..

and no place for her to sleep cos I only have 1 room, another room is full of things.

feeling anxious lost sleep last night as I returning to work on 14th Mar

Back