(2011/02) Feb 2011

First day scared baby didn't drink enough cos my wife breastfeed and dunno how much milk she have, so i think she got hungry abit, and no poo. Second day, she pump and check how much she have, then supplement with formula as insufficient, baby poo 3 times. Third day, milk supply went up but still need formula. Hopefully milk supply will continue go up to meet her demands. She today drink 60--70ml every 2.5 hr. I think is about right ba... 6 days old today. Afternoon she seems to sleep longer so it's not always 2.5 hrs. Sometimes 3 hrs or 3.5 hours, we see whether she want it. Don't want to follow timing and feed when she don't want, so we didn't really follow the GINA FORD timing.Find it easier to feed when she wants it.At night confinement lady take care with formula 1 or 2 times, my wife sleep until about 5-6am and then the cowing process resume. Baby seemed to be able to latch well and use the bottle too. But we using the medela bottle with the breastpump, hope when we change to pigeon she will used to it too.

Darlest, thank u for concern I'm fine =). Today is my edd date. Yesterday night having menstruation cramp throughout the night. Today morning saw some spotting n stomach cramp but not 5mins apart. But now spotting have stop but still having cramp on n off.

Now relax and lie on my bed. Feeling very sleepy n tired. Also wait n see have any further sign or not. If contraction get stronger than will call my gynae. Lol.

What about u??

so glad to hear from u & it gd to know u stay positive. tat the way! jia you!

last 2 nite , start to hav irregular cramp. sometimes pain, sometimes not pain. so still monitoring it. hee.. me also relaxing on my bed. feeling tired..

Darlest, ur edd is close to mine right? Do u have spotting? If got spottin better call ur gynae n ask. For my gynae sure ask me go down straight to hospital. But I don't want I still want to monitor myself as long as bb move then ok. Lol.

Ya lor super tired n restless.

Hi mummies, I'm from the Jan 2011 thread, sorry to hijack this thread for a moment. I'm selling a very lightly used My Brest Friend Pillow for $60 (retails for more than 80) as I am too lazy to put it on before starting to feed so its just left unused. Email me at [email protected] if interested. Thanks!

@Zanta: I'll take 20 mins to pump each side. The strength that I use is not very strong. I guess if stronger will be faster bah. But sad to say, my supply seems to decrease liao.. =(

@OFB: I think baby will get nipple confusion. I've been using NUK teats to feed my baby since day 1 in hospital & the other day I use Pigeon's teat to feed him & he refuse to suck. End up I have to ask my hubby to buy the NUK premium teats for use with my Pigeon bottles.

Thanks Bigflamingo and reverie island...

I'm just amazed at how much their little tummy can take. Tdy my MIL fed my son 100ml of FM, and like one hour later, he was fussing again. I latched him on for 20 min, he slept. Only to fuss again 30min later... In the end i made FM for him again, and he drank 60ML!

Now he's happily sleeping, and i heave a sigh of relief.

How do they drink so much!?!

@Val: Eat more fish!! I find myself engorge on the night or the next morning when I ate fish.

Is NUK's teat really nearest to our nipples? My girl don't seem to like NUK's soother le.

@OFB: I lost count of the number of times which my girl poos.. Haha..

I also feed on demand and never follow timing though i would really like to read up on GF but was unable to borrow it from the library. But my MIL seems to find my way of feeding wrong!! Glad to hear that you are also feeding on demand.

May I know if any mummy is feeding straight from the glass bottles which we got from the hospital?

Hmm.. I wonder how is Precious Babi? She seems to have MIAed.

Zanta, I've got alot of fm in bottles from hospital.. Let my boy finish it before I open my tin of fm..

My boy is a week old and is consuming 100ml of fm every 2.5-3 hrs. If ebm, also 100ml but 2-2.5hrs.. My massage lady say that for boys, 1 out of 10 will drink moderately and the rest will drink more. For girls, it's the reverse.

Oh... i missed out alot these few days ... Nv login.. my stomach giving me trouble... Just ytd, i took up a mummy's advise to get a pre-natal massage to reduce the discomfort for my backache and disturbing sleep. i hesitate for so long as i want to save the money up since my EDD is close. But, im really glad to get my first pre-natal massage ytd.

I was having bad cramps and wanted to cancel the massage jus 15 mins before my appt. But, since the lady is on her way, i feel bad. So, i go ahead with it.

The massage was so gd that i nearly fall asleep while at it... hee~~~

Anyway, after the massage, i was feeling totally refresh and energetic. My back doesnt hurt n the cramp goes away... Know what ??? At night, i have one of the best sleep ever since my 3rd trimester. I slept thru the night from 2am to 1pm this afternoon. I was so happy n hubby was happy for me that i didnt disturb him with my whinning last night. =) im soooo happy !!!!

If not for $$$$ (Very ex leh!! $75/hr), i will like to engage her again... =( but, nvm... hope this massage can last me till my ADD. Jus to share my JOY !

@ Darlest : Oh !! We have the same EDD...Hmmm, im curious to ask how do u know that's a muscus plug ??? I guess ur bb is coming soon... Congrats !!!

@Wish Child & Zantarina: how r u all doing? Wanna catch up wif u guys !!! =) hmmmm, my stomach giving me weird weird uncomfortable feeling.. keeps on hardening now n then... very frequently... not a sign of labour hor ?? =) hee~~

@ Ally: How's ur baby drinking n how r u doing? Pain reduced?? manage to find treatment or alternatives ??? Hmmmm, hope u r doing great. =p

@En Xuan: I'm still struggling with a cranky bb at times.. Haha..

Your stomach hardening might be BH contractions which are fake contractions. When is your next gynae appt?

@Jeanie: I think my girl's feeding time and amount is around the same as your boy. Do you store your BM into the glass bottles and then feed your boy with the glass bottles? And may I know how much bottles of FM did the hospital gave you?

@Zantarina : haha... were u also like that when u're baby ?? hee~~~ hmmmm, my next appt is coming Monday... At AMK... will ask doctor if bb is ready.. feels so uncomfortable... but, at least i learnt something from u today.. this is BH contractions. hmmmm, now i knoe.

Hello mommies, I just delivery my girl. Lol she come out at 12.30am 20/2/2010. So cute when I hug n smell her. Lol but her cry can make the ward shake. Lol.

@wish child: OMG !!! U delivered!!! So fast !!! Congrats !!! Hmmm, wads her weight? Btw, wads her name too!? U must be super happy, tonight dun need slp already !!!! Hee ~~~

En Xuan, lol. After delivery her my body super tired n snag. Lol. Now sure can knock out but don't know how to off the room light. Hmm her name call pearlyn n her weight is 3.3kg.

Lol so 3.3kg only but I carry her it like more than 3.5kg =p

Finally she choose to come out or else I need to wait or maybe need to c sect.

Now I know if never dilate before delivery it ok. Once really delivery time the cervix will auto open. Thanks god I'm dilate quite fast to 10cm. Lol

@En Xuan: No le, my mum said I'm v easy to look after when I'm a baby. Maybe it's my hubby!! Lol.. So late already and you're still awake? No good for bb wor..

@wish_child: Congratulations to you again!! You must be sleeping soundly now.. Have a good rest and your moo moo career will start v soon.

Zanta, alamak!! I forgot the glass bottles can be used to store bm!!!! The nurse very nice, gave me 26btls. Aiyah, wasted! I threw all away!!! I store my bm in storage btls I bought at BP.. Sobs sobs.....

@wish child and darlest: Congrats!

@en xuan: good to hear you got your massage! It usu helps!

Sigh. My mucus plug has been coming out slowly for three days already but no action. 39.1 weeks along. Maybe she is waiting for daddy to come back.

Anyone has advice for subsequent births on how long this might take. Tired from all the false contractions already.

My sis taught me e following n I haf been following.

- take a note book n record all e poo n bfing time so u can monitor. Good too when u record what weaning food u fed to ur first bb n 2nd bb time u can refer.

My 1st ore I feed on demand. Which I find it not a good idea. I try to follow gf method. I try to wake up beef 7 to feed n follow e schedule but not strictly.

I dun set my rm to total darkness. Day time is quite dim n nite time will b quite dark. I feel that bb should learn to differentiate day n nite. W a tod at home, it is impossible to zzz in total quietness. I used to let meager zzz in quietness n we had go do things softly. So till now she is like me, a light sleeper.

@Reverie: I note down the feeding time but not the pooing time. =p Should have note them down too..

@Darlest: Congratulations!! I think you got the same ADD as wish_child? So coincident. You were just asking how she was ytd and you 2 had popped!!

@Jeanie: Now you know it. Haha.. Can keep for storing your EBM le. But need to go buy the caps ah.

wish child - Congrats! You finally popped! Did your waterbag burst or was it the contractions?

darlest - Congrats to you too! Imagine to go through delivery without epi... was it very painful?

En Xuan - I think the forum is left with the two of us now... anyone else still playing the waiting game? hehe.. My tummy also hardens at times and when bb moves, it can get very uncomfortable. I have been having minor cramps intermittently too..

@ moomoo73: When is your due date? I am 39.1 weeks along and still waiting as well. Having plenty of false contractions at the weirdest timing.

Fang Fang - my due date is 28 feb. How does the false contractions feel like? Is it also like menstrual cramp? On fri nite I had cramps for about an hour and I tot she's coming liao... Keke.

@moomoo: The fake contractions will make your whole stomach harden like rock and the stomach will look squarish shape in my case. There will not be cramp when this happens but it will feel uncomfortable.

Hi Mummies,

Im new in this thread and needed advise on bb phlegm problem. My BB is only 20 days old, but i noticed that he is experiecing wheezing and heavy breathing when im feeding him... please kindly advise if you guys ever heard of this before. Im realli lost and heart pain everytime when i see him sleeping with the sound that worried me. thanks

@Zanta: I've been eating fish everyday. Sometimes for both lunch & dinner. But still like that leh.

I also have the small bottles of milk given by hospital but my mil said go out then use. Haiz... So at home at night I still have to prepare FM.

@Jeanie: I used to store my EBM in the glass bottles too. But I realise it takes quite a while to warm up as compared to milk storage bags. So now I'm storing my EBM in milk storage bags. After warm up then transfer to the glass bottle.

@Val: I had fish for both lunch and dinner ytd but my breast did not seem to engorge today. Don't know why.. Will try to pump out later and see if MS dropped.

Are you using the glass bottle to feed your boy? I agree that it takes longer to heat up due to the thickness I think..

@moomoo73 & En_Xuan: Same I am also playing the waiting game. Having lots of BH these couple of days and only feel a bit of cramp on off which is not regular. Wonder how is it like when the real contraction comes.

Been talking to BB asking him to get ready to come out soon.

Moomoo73, my edd is the same as yours 28 Feb.

Pinkyval

Medela Freestyle pump only give us 1 teat, so no choice we are switching between Medela teat and Pigeon teat. She is not fussy no problem. Sometimes she will latch, then feed on either bottle, depending which one is sterilized. no problem.

Zanta

You also TMC right? That day we discharged TMC only give us 2 glass bottle. Ask the lady for more, after some 'pleading' she gave us another 2. super niao ... we just contributed 6k to the hospital and give more also cannot... she forgot her salary came from us!! maybe you talk to old nurse they should be nicer and generous, the young one cannot make it. the one came to us is young one.

drink more water and rest to have more milk. drink alot of soup. heard that drinking a bit of alcohol at nite oso helps a bit. but u can only latch on or pump the milk 3-4 hours after drinking.

Hi mummies,

Been a slicense reader so far, need to enquire on the use of medela freestyle pump as I just acuire it, was told not to use pigeon sterlier etc as the shiled is of soft membrane materails, called up Toh Guan, they advise to put the parts in contact with BM in a pot of boiled water for 5 min and air dry ... any advise ?

If air dry dont it attract dust ?

Confused

@OFB: Yup, me also from TMC. Your 2 bottles are empty ones or those with pre-made FM? At first I tried to get empty glass bottles from a Philippine nurse but she told me to use my empty ones after my bb finished drinking. Then I went to request from a senior nurse coz I wanted to pump once I reach home as I was already feeling engorged. And she gave me like around 10pcs.

pwchoong: Check the nose to see whether it is blocked with mucus.

my gal at one time was having difficulty breathing and hence cant latch on properly.

Realised that she has nose dirt deep inside the nostrils.

Went to pharmacy to buy sodium chloride to drip into her nose and BB will sneeze it out.

Otherwise use nasal decongestant meant for infant. This was adviced by my PD's clinic

Been very quiet on the thread.. my edd is 26 Feb. Still waiting for baby to be ready

Seeing Dr Ang tomorrow so let's see how

Hi.. Can I ask does anyone experience light yellowish mucus coming out nearing edd.. Is it signs of labour soon.. Do have a bit of cramps but is always on and off..I am Quite worried..

Hi Yvonne, i have mucus coming out for the past four days already. My gyne says that the discharge can come out a week before and no worries as long as no contractions or other signs like blood. But if you are worried, best to go check with your gyne. When are you due?

Tiger: We use Medela bottles from the Freestyle pump, and put it into Pigeon sterilizer. I think should be okay, but you got the new type of medela bottle or the old type? our the new one, export set from US and was told by the seller it's first batch she received with the new bottle, somewhere in Dec.

Zanta: The glass with formula inside. We didn't keep the glass, we threw it away. We got 4 in the end, and by the next morning finished all 4. Although she only drink around 30-40ml first 2 or 3 days, we didn't keep the balance. The nurse told us to throw away the balance, don't keep for next feed. Think 1 glass bottle is 90ml.

Joan: All busy making milk, so where got so much time like me? haha

I want to ask:

1. After sterilize do you take out the bottles, or you all keep in the sterilizer? My confinement lady leave it in the sterilizer and i am not sure if it is not wise to keep it in the sterilizer because of the high heat.

2. After pumping the BM, the confinement lady told us no need to keep the BM in the fridge since the baby will drink it in the next 2 or 3 hours. We can keep the BM in the room temperature for 2 - 3 hours? Just checking.

Thank.

Mummies,

Can I check? My bb is 16 days old Le, buy her umbrical cord still attaches on her stomach. Is it normal? I see her some times in pain and cry very hard. It really pains my heart. Should I bring her to PD?

Our first baby,

I don't think it's a good idea to leave expressed breast milk out for so long. I feel sometimes confinement ladies just do what is most convenient for them. What I do is I estimate what time the baby wakes up, usually 2 and a half or 3 hours after nap and heat up the milk half an hour beforehand.

Thank all the mommies here. =)

Fang fang n moomoo, hmm I got 2 times fake contraction n false alarm. The 1st is I having contraction on my stomach on n off until hard like rock n won't go away. So call my gynae he ask me to admit. The check me but is fake contraction every 10mins to 1 times.

Other time is early morning wake up can't feel my bb movement have a big shock faster rush down to clinic n do a CTG. Bb perfectly ok n fine.

I having menstruation cramp on fri mid night. Thought will have spotting or waterbag burst but no sign.

Sat 11am show brown discharge but is a bit bigger than 50cent coins. Call my gyane n ask him he said nothing wrong n I have a long way to go. So went out shopping with my family even having slight contraction. Lol.

After that when reach Hm around 7+pm my contraction getting more n more painful n more frequent. 4-5mins once time for the contraction. After that my hubby n Sis n mom sent me to hospital. When 8.30pm admit only 1cm dilate. As the nurse said it still very long way to go n my contraction very mild.

So I used laughing gas around 9pm. Lol feel better. But the contraction getting more n more painful until I keep blackout. Around 10.45pm When I request for epidural the nurse check me said too late I'm already 6-7cm dilate. So she just give me a injection on thigh. After that my waterbag burst. Want to push but nurse ask me to wait for gynae. Waiting for my gynae to arrival around 12am I'm already 10cm dilate. The midwife n my hubby ask me to give a longer push but I cannot. Lol it so hard to push. Start pushing n pushing for 1/2hrs n help by gynae using forceps. Bb out at 12.30am. .

Our first baby,

Got my set in early Feb from US too, so should be the new set ... will sterlise the bottles using the setrlier ... do you setrliser the breast pump parts in the Pigeon sterlier as well ? cos was told that the membrane is fragile and is not suitable to be steam

Thanks

Back