(2011/02) Feb 2011

@ Gina : no la, i dun haf such luck... my mom cant handle baby cries.. shes got migriane and already warn me nt to bring baby to her. That time my younger bro who is now ten, was a baby n cry non stop... she nearly throw the baby out the window... luckily my dad stop her.. infant care, hw much they charge? any to recommend ?? MIL ? she also nt interested de...say she cant handle n she doesnt really favours me...she prefer her another grandchild and i scare later bias, my baby kena bully by her another grandchild... and she lived too far from me...

@ Wish child : Whoa... u change gynae last min ?? why wad happen?? KK gynae nt gd ?? Btw, the charges leh ? How much they charge at parkway east??? Hmmmm, where u stay???

@ Zantarina : Ya, now the cramps stop already after i go take a warm shower n my stomach doesnt hurt that bad... guess its false alarm earlier... thought i will go into labour today as my cramps get frequent and longer... stomach jus now also very tight... now better le... hmmmm, i keep worrying if i shd induce or nt... sianz.... bb's weight is definately my top worries... but feel better after much of u all advise that machine's arent accurate....

Moomoo, yes I will wait after week 41 then decide to induce or c sect. My cousin also have both babies are overdue bb. Both are 41weeks then come out. As her gynae perfer let the natural take the course. Another 2days to go to my edd. I pray hard my bb will out on 19th but if not I will just wait. =)

En xuan, wow ur mom so scary. Why she nearly throw ur bro out of the window. Hmm infant care if not wrong around 500-600 depend on which infant centre u go too. But 600+ per mths are better empoly a maid. My Fren end up empoly a maid to take care her bb because she feel empoly a maid at least can help her take care bb n same time do house work. N pay the same price as the nanny price n infant care fee.

U can think about it.

I change to parkway east as it more near to my place. I stay near ubi. My gynae clinic at tampines. As normal easy n near for me to travel over there. Hehe. My gynae charge cheaper than Kk TPS charge. Hmm parkway east stay if natural delivery with epidural+stay will cost around 4k-5k. It include the gynae fee too. =)

Thanks mummies for encouragement..

Apprantly the prob lies with my right side. No matter how I pump and hand squeeze, the top is always hard. Considered blocked huh? Hot and cold compress also no use. Am calling massage lady but only know mdm Rokiah but she can't vfm on her schedule yet.

Plus, I'm having bad rash on my breast and aroela. So many red tiny bumps and damn itchy. GP say can't give any med cuz I bf.. Feel like dying..

Really feel like giving up. So busy with a ill toddler and nb, also not much time to pump. Always so damn tired and I'm guilty I didn't handle both kids well.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Wish Child: Ya, my mom is like this... When I was a baby 24 Yrs back, she also nv take care of me de... I was taken care by my grandma till pri 6... Cos she can't handle .. She also nv do confinement... Imagine all these 9 Mths I'm preggy, my mom nv even ask me abt bb growth or developement... Kind of discouraging... Nt to mention abt cooking for me...haix.. Tats why I need to read up more abt all this... Luckily still gt forum to teach me...

@En Xuan: When is your next checkup? Actually I also have phobia of taking jabs and after my op, I told hubby I still can't believe I went under the knife. During the op, your vision is blocked so you can't see what is going on except for feeling some pulling and tagging. And I was quite groggy during my op perhaps because I was tired.

@Reverie: I agree that mummies really need to eat more nutritious foods in order to have milk for our bb. Now confinement still got my mum to cook for me, can't imagine if I'll still have milk for my bb after my confinement or not..

RE: Blocked Ducts

I find that massaging while you BF or pump does helps too.

Hi mummies, I suspect my 3 week old gal has wind in her tummy. Is it ok to let her drink gripe water or rid wind or dentinix colic drops?

Hi En Xuan, Thanks for the encouragement. I still let baby latch on sore nipple. I just pat his head during feeding n tell myself that this is my pain relief.

As for delivery, dun worry too much. I think c-section is less bloody than natural, coz u can't see a thing.

zanta: sometimes they might just want comfort sucking.. ya lying down and latch ur girl is good.. she slp then u can also quickly rest.. i do that with my boy everytime.. so much so that i think now he cnnt slp alone in the cot.. -_-" be patient ok, i was like you, i really went insane with my boy cos of his incessant crying and keep wanting to latch on.. but soon you will be able to understand what he wants from his cry.. and you will be able to manage it better.. jiayou!

en xuan: wah! ur mom v scary, is it becos she suffered from post-natal depression?

for the infantcare centres, you can go to this site and search for locations near your home - https://www.childcarelink.gov.sg/ccls/home/ChdCccSrch.jsp

you can look through the list of which centres accepts infant as young as 2 months old.. the price list is in the site as well..

but i also agree with wish_child, if you can find babysitter or nanny who can watch ur BB 1-to-1, i think its better and slightly cheaper..

Choc @ Thanks for updating.

EDD : 18 Feb

actucal dd: 30 Jan

Baby's name: Sim Ruo Xuan

Weight @ birth: 2.67kg

Hospital: KKH

Dr Sadhana

Can add me in fb [email protected]?

Was admitted to KK on 29 Jan due to reduce fetal movement, Dr induced me on 30 Jan at 10.30 am and at 7.30pm went for emergency c-section as dilation was only 6cm but bb was too stressed by the contractions.

Due to blood group incompability (i'm o+ and she is A+) shad to go kk daily for heel prick blood test for 1st wk to monitor jaundice ... now still monitoring ...

Zanta- is it due to wind that u let her drink gripe water? Mine happens mostly at night and she doesn't get to sleep at night due to the discomfort...

Wannabel

You can let your baby drink gripewater. My baby has the same problem at 2 weeks old. When to A&E, dr commented that's this will last till 4 months old. U can try rid wind, I find it is much more better than gripewater. The dr prescript rid wind for my baby.. Feed your baby every 6 hourly before feeding, 0.2ml. Hope it helps.

@Wannabel: Yup, Sometimes she's very cranky and will "er ni" even after we burp her so during her checkup I checked with her PD and he said there's some wind inside so I asked him what to do/give he said gripe water can.

@Gina: Thanks for your encouragement. Sometimes I think she wants comfort sucking too so I resort to BF her while lying down. But do we still need to burp them?

mommies, which brand of shapewear do u rec?

wanna get rid of my 'pouch' in front.. 10 days post delivery, i've abt 3.5kg left to drop.. and i think my hips have widened! havent tried my jeans cos havent got the chance to shower and c-sect wound dressing still on.. will have to wear dresses til 6th wk is over..

thanks!

@Zanta: I gave my boy about 3-4 feeds on FM every night. Depends on how many times he wakes up. I'll start feeding him FM on his last feed before 12 midnight.

Hi Mummies,

I just delivered my baby boy on the 18 Jan (actual due date should be 21 Feb and he decided to come out early... ) and he is on total breastfeed....

I'm having a little problem here with my storage of breastmilk... I bot bottles thinking that i can store them in the freezer.. but who knows my supply of milk is too much for the bottles to be accomodating my milk in the freezer...

I am considering milk bags to replace bottles for storing in the freezer which my friend recommended me to do so....

Any mummies here using milk bags to store their breastmilk???? Happen to come across this post http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5115836.html?1297955028 on Nanny Milk Bags, any mummies using them too??? See that the price is the cheapest i can find and my friend also recommended me to use this brand....

@Mummy Yun: When I run out of bottles I also use milk storage bags to store. I'm using Pigeon ones.. But it's given to me by my sil. So I've no idea how much it costs..

To all mummies

I'm from Jan2011 thread. Baby khloe borned on 21 Dec 2010. Just to share. I have been using nanny breast milk storage bag since start. Did tried lansinoh brand as well, but compared the pricing for both, nanny is good enough and it's a lot more cheaper. *FYI: we will be spending a lot on diapers and baby wipes =P*

Tips:

Lie flat when you store your EBM, it save a lot of your freezer's space.

My supplier is organizing BP, anyone interested, can check this out

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5115836.html?1297858866

wah.. long time no come in here mummies..my bb also decided to come out early.. edd was 5/2 end up come out on 27/2 induced..

i believe most mummies here still doing confinement?

GINA,

i see u in jan thread?u also in feb thread?hehe...

Ah ching- ok i pm u again- or where u stay? Tot wanna go this weekend.... Cn just provide ic no or not? Must take card ahh?

Mummy yun- boots so far i see affordable besides anther brand i bought last time. I am buyinh again for mummies for our thread- i m not doing a biz of this- buying frm smh mummy also.....last mnth more than 50 boxes we bought n m ordering again- u wanna join?? Cheapest i got $9 for a box of 40bags. Double ziplock also.... Pm me if u wanna join... Coz ordering for mummies here soon

gal dolphin: haha ya~ am in both threads, my boy born on 27 Jan too!!! but i noticed feb thread got more babies closer to my son's growth.. so i'm parking into feb thread also lo!

ur BB boy or gal?

Dear mummies, sorry for interrupting.

I have a new Burberry dress for sale. Pls click link to view the pics. Got from those online seller in Facebook. Size is too small for my girl.

If you are keen and sincere in buying, pls PM me. Thank you.

Ah ching- wat blk? Hb is gonna take sm stuff frm me at yishun- mil stays there- i ask him takd frm u? Save u hassle frm posting?? Can? U pm me ur add n contact no.

Btw wats ur nick in fb? Start chatting w us liao??

Hi en xuan and other frustrated mummies who are thinking of being induced...

Can I say I am so glad my boy is out but if I had to do it again I would definitely not induce unless no choice.

I had weak contactions but was already 5cm dilated so I had the choice of going home and waiting, but might have to rush to hospital latter, or I inducing and getting it over and done with.

I was put on a drip with drugs to quicken the labour process and I can tell you this labour was a lot more painful! The contractions were a lot stronger and harder. Turns out he still took 4 hours to be born, so actually I think he would have naturally arrived the next day anyway! And would have been an easy labour...

To mummies have sore nipples, problems in latching on, insufficient ms, hang in there! Recently I had milk blister which blocked the milk flow, I had a hard time removing it, even have to peel open the whitish layer of skin on my nipple. Then i let it rest (i.e. pumping no latching) for a day or 2, after which I let my baby suckle, she cleaned up the nipple for me! hahaha, sounds gross cos i think she also sucked in the dried skin and milk deposits but trust me, our baby is the best natural 'pump'!

Now my ms has increase tiny bit to 70ml and sometimes 90ml in total each feed, somehow still couldn't seem to catch up with my baby's demand since I didn't latch her on every feed (phobia leh), sigh....

Every time i feel down on this issue, i will come here to read your experience and will make me feel that I am not alone facing this difficulties. Of cos, i will also envy those who have abundant ms and hope i can be like them soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@Zanta: Now he's drinking about 90-100ml per feed in the day with EBM. But at night with FM is not fixed leh. Sometimes can be more, sometimes can be less. But each feed can last him around 2.5-3 hours.

Neongoby, you are definitely not alone,

I am suffering from sore bleeding nipples too...alternating between expressing and latching. Sometimes I really dread feeding times

neongoby and bigflamingo: i had sore nipples couple of days back cos i didnt latch dear son properly.. always apply breastmilk to your sore nipple and let it air dry.. i applied diligently every 1/2 to 2 hours and always air dry it.. and it recovered very fast..

I was suffering from sore & bleeding nipples. I was really really stressed. Baby only suckle for awhile then fall asleep. And my breasts were starting to engorge. Pain... Then i switched to pumping. Much better now...

Dear mummies, sorry for interrupting.

I received this gift from friends but have no use for it as my baby is co-sleeping with us. It's definitely brand new and still in the original box.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5126918.jpg] There's slight peel on the cover due to gift wrapping.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5126919.jpg] Otherwise, everything else is untouched.

This product is retailing at $199.90. But we are letting go to serious buyers at a lower price than this.

Product Description:

It is the only Breathing Baby Monitor with 2 large sensor pads located under the mattress giving coverage of the entire sleeping area or cot area with no contact with your baby. The Babysense II Baby Movement Monitor has been in use as a medical device for over 10 years in private homes and hospitals all over the world.

• Babysense II Baby Monitor alerts if the infant's breathing stops or is irregularly slow.

• Two passive and sensitive sensors are located under the mattress.

• One sensor for newborn baby or hospital use.

• Two sensors for crawling baby over three months old.

• Fully portable.

• Babysense II covers total crib area.

• No contact with infant.

• Normal breathing and motion patterns trigger a flashing green light which can be seen clearly from a distance, giving you peace of mind.

• Babysense II Baby Movement Monitor carries

complete CE registration as a medical device and to comply with 93/42/EC Device Directive.

• Pads are suitable for foam and sprung mattresses

between 8 - 11 cm deep.

• Babysense II operates on regular AA batteries for safety and simplicity.

• Babysense II is suitable for all infants from birth up to one year of age

If you are keen and sincere in buying, pls PM me. Thank you.

kittyki: did you try seeing a lactation consultant? sore nipples usually happens when baby is not latched on properly.. similarly, if baby not drinking and only suckling, could be due to latching problem.. i got problem breastfeeding my boy initially, i only pumped and gave him FM.. i went to see LC after that and they taught me how to latch him properly.. now i have been latching my son day and night and i dun get sore nipples le..

i also watched these 2 videos to differentiate bb's actual drinking and comfort sucking, it helps..

baby nibbling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlp5xSiR3pE&feature=related

baby drinking well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox8ht-EVnQA&feature=related

Budget 2011; new Child Development Credit scheme for all Singaporean children aged six and below (include those born in 2011)......can be used to pay for their children’s preschool, childcare, and medical expenses. 80% of families with young children will receive $400 per child, which is in fact more than one month’s worth of NTUC childcare fees, after including the universal childcare subsidy. The remaining 20% who are better-off will receive $300. ...will be paid into the Children Development Accounts (CDAs), ...

D.30. We will also give additional support to lower-income families by enhancing subsidies for preschool education and childcare fees. The Kindergarten Financial Assistance Scheme (KiFAS) and the Centre-based Financial Assistance Scheme for Childcare (CFAC) currently provide subsidies for children from low-income families.

D.31. We will enhance and extend subsidies to a larger group of families, including those with up to $3,500 in gross monthly household income (the 40th percentile). Let me give an example of a family earning $2,500 a month (the 30th percentile). The amount they have to co-pay for childcare fees will be reduced from $300[6] to about $90 a month. If instead their child is in an eligible kindergarten, they will now co-pay $33 a month. Low-income families will continue to pay far less – less than $10 a month for childcare.

Bigflamingo, yup... I heard induce much more painful... but I feel I can't even sit straight as something like poking at my below... The v part very uncomfortable ... Stomach hardening on n off n very bad backache... Thought of going to KKH to check on how is it... But rain non stop n I'm alone... Hubby working plus I have people coming my house to collect something... Sad

@Reverie Island

"According to my doc, how much a bb should consume is based on:

Weight (kg) x 150ml / 8 = xxml per feed

So my boy who is 3.1kg should be drinking 60ml."

--Oh no, my 3.1kg son is drinking 100ml of EBM every 3 hours. Sometimes even 2 hours he starts crying liao.Am i overfeeding? But he is angry when i don't give him 100. he'd move his mouth asking for more

clio: thats a guideline.. when i was substituting EBM and FM for my boy, i also gave 100ml and he was only 2 weeks old.. my PD told me its ok though try not to give me.. she says that some babies just needs more milk..

En xuan,

Ya that's how I felt too....stomach hardening, as close as 5 min apart, but contractions were not regular and backache. See how you feel later I guess. Good luck!

Clio, my son is only 6 days old and he is also drinking 100ml of milk...no worries, pediatrician says drinking more is better than not drinking enough

giNa (gin_):

Thanks for the videos. Yes, during my hospital stay i did consult them. My latching is correct but i don't know why it is still very sore. Sometimes my baby bites. I really dread feeding sessions then. Maybe shall consult another LC...

In just 3 days after coming back from the hospital, my kitchen is no longer like the kitchen it used to be. It looks more like my mom kitchen now, so many pots in the cabinet, so many food in the fridge, so many spices and sauces on the shelves!! Hahaha

@OFB: Hahaha.. It's like that de.. My hubby also said my kitchen has so many things now and is so messy coz my kitchen is super duper small.. But I thought you hired a CL?

@bigflamingo, @reverie: But my MIL thinks I'm over-feeding my bb.. And she asked me to feed every 3hrs when I told her I feed on demand. BTH her sms everyday!! Luckily she's not helping me out with my confinement!! Haiz..

Yay, we hired one so she cooks for us. The first day she came she say my kitchen is not a kitchen. LOL. Ended up buy a lot of things from NTUC. HEee hee. really glad to have a confinement lady, she quite good so far.

@OFB: Haha.. It's like that de, my mum brought alot of things from her house to my house. Especially those cooking pots coz mine are pte ltd.. Hehe..

How is your wife and your girl so far?

@Val: How long does your Medela Swing take to pump out the 140ml of milk?

Back