(2011/02) Feb 2011

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4981111.jpg]

this is the cheeky bon bon nursing pillow..

Dadnmum, wow great u enjoy ur durians. Haha my bb routine stil haven change. After my meal she also very active but at night will be worse. Haha her timing very different from ppls. Yap after everybody bb pop out wont be have time to online le.

I like the Cheeky Bon bon brand. Is affordable price and is good too. I bought a cheeky bon Bon bed set at expo on oct only less than $30. Now I using the small pillow to let my tummy to lie on it.

@MamaYing: I always greet my bb Good Morning or Good Night to let her know the timing. Hehe.. And I always tell her bb must sleep in the night, and ask her to wake up earlier in the morning to play. Hehe..

@wish_child: Thay so funny hor, bb still growing of coz belly getting bigger la. Haha..

@pyng: Maybe is the same brand which Visha recommended but I can't find it in the supermarkets near my house. Maybe I need to go Giant to find it.

@Sovrana Spa: No wonder your boss said she'll get panick. Haha..

@Reverie Island: OIC.. I didn't know that there are so much ingredients in the longan red date drink. I thought there's only longan and red date in the ingredient list.. Is it cheaper to get the herbs fron Hock Hwa sales than from those TCM hall in the neighbourhood?

@dadnmum: The nursing pillow which you posted looks so soft and comfortable to hug!!

Where did you go for your durian feast? Few days back hubby and I went to geylang but find that the durians were very x and not much ppl eating so in the end we didn't eat any. Try to drink as much water as possible if you're eating them on alternate days as it can be very heaty..

Hi mummies!!

First post here in Feb 2011 thread!! I'm expecting my baby boy in about 6 weeks -- EDD is 18 Feb! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Just wanna wish all MTBs a happy countdown to the big day!!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wow thanks!! The cheeky bonbon got your votes so we can be assured and go ahead and buy. Went ard today some of them are really expensive! Hopefully OG 20% offer comes back soon so we can buy it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] you all buy from OG?

Hi mommies

May I know if anyone of you went for the vaginal swap test? My gynae took for me and it came out that I am infected with Strep B bacteria. Seems its a deadly one.

My gynae has asked me to take oral antibiotics for 5 days but I read that oral does not work as effectively as having it intravenously inserted during labour. Any mommies, esp 2nd time mommies had experienced this? Want to hear your view point...Thanks!

zanta: brown rice with ginger, the ginger is use to expel wind.

i guess why ur mum wanna use brown rice, maybe more natural, not so processed as compared to white rice.

Today one aunty told me red date n longan drink may be delicious, but becos it's sweet, we tend to drink alot. therefore more calories. this rice water not so much calories.

hello mummies! wish all are well..

me went to gynae today and did another 3D scan. seems that no2 looks like my no1 !! but he's bit smaller.. about 2.2kg at 33w5d .. hmmm...

@wishchild - hope so hope so coz saw Jan mth's thread that bb can turn up even engaged! I would love to taste ur cookies but now every mummies must be busy preparing last mins buy and standby...so guess hv no time to gather lol.

@zanta - Giant should have so hope u manage to find it.

@mamaying - wow u so fast buy cny cookies liao...i still waiting for those cny fair thn can get to sample different brands of cookies ;p

Oic...my buddy told me confinement can eat bread, biscuit and cereal but totally no cold stuff! For cny cookies, think should be ok as long as we eat in moderation.

@CLtine - i did strep B test last fri and will only know result in my next review. Maybe other mummies can advise u on that.

I also bought a second hand my best friend nursing pillow from a mommy in the forum. Haven tried it yet but think it will help to reduce shoulder and back pain.

Visha, for the red date and longan drink by right cannot add sugar to drink during confinement. If don't put red date can replace as black date too. My friend confinement lady said when we drink the red date and longan drink cannot walk or stand up to drink it. Must sit down and drink it. But I forget what is the reason.

Mrs Ong, haha ok sure if next gathering if can I pass u some to try. Maybe must wait after everybody do finish their confinement le. Hehe.

Jeanie, how much u do for the 3D scan? I want to do the 3D scan but I feel very expensive. As just took a photo of baby face cost $50.

Recipie for a good red date Longan Ginger tea

600g of old Ginger

1 bowl (rice bowl) of red dates

1 bowl of black or blue dates

1 bowl of dang Shen

1 bowl of dried Longans

Medium size stock pot filled with water.

The above can be reused to boil 3 times in the stock pot (soup pot).

sovrana spa: im keeping the epi option open.. dont know my pain threshold yet.. i think u can ask for epi on the day itself but if labour is progressing too fast the anaethesist may not have time to prepare and u will have to miss it..

dadnmum: yah lor everytime got many qns but go into the room brain wipe off already.. only thing is dr adrian doesnt really make eye contact and it feels pretty impersonal.. i was really quite irritated when i wanted to discuss inducing with him seriously(i needed a dr's POV on the pros and cons and what are my options since my baby IS a little too big) but all he said was inducing will lead to higher csect rate, i said okay. and he never talk about it anymore and then i kena the 'brain wipe clean' syndrome in the room again and forgot to say i needed to really discuss it with him.

Mrs ong: yeah been craving but I am always ike tt.. Seee something I wanna eat then buy home then just leave there. I shall open my pineapple tarts and kueh bangkit today! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] zzz wake up early for photoshoot. Now doing hair.

joodz, that's the reason I want to book the epi earlier as I don't want to suffer the pain. For my previous delivery, my gyane booked the epi for me in advance. So when I admitted to hospital, i did not experience any contraction at all cos the epi was ready for me.

Anyway we are almost there, hopefully we have a smooth and successful delivery in end Feb.

mamaying - tks for clarifying the diff between my first skool and little skool house.. got confused by all the use of the term "skool"! anyway, hope ur photoshoot goes well!

Epidural - I tot of booking early also cos some people say if u ask for it too late, the pain makes it difficult for u to keep still enuff for them to administer the epidural.. One qns though, after they hook u up to the epidural, can we still get out of bed to go toilet? cos they will all those strap all those drips and stuff to ur back right? then if we take epid too early and hv to wait for few more hrs till we pop, then if need to pee how?

Just wondering also abt the herbs that has to be taken during confinement.. me not getting a CL and my mum not very sure abt the herbs that we need to take also.. anybody has any idea?

Kinderbueno,

I rem last time when I was on epi, I don't feel the urge to pass urine plus the nurse will not let you eat and drink and I delivered my baby 3 hours later. I guess with epidural you will not feel anything on your lower half body, so you can't come down from bed to walk either.

kinder: once u are on epi they will put a tube into your urethea for passing urine.

once on epi u cant get down the bed.

epi must be administered before u are 4 cm dilated.

after 4 cm, normally they'll tell u cant administer liao or administer but waste of money.

Cltine: a rountine Strep B swap is done ard 36 weeks.

the antibiotics is to cure your infection for now.

but during labour, doc will still give u intravaneous antibiotics.

the reason is becos Strep B cannot be totally cured.

once u have it there's a chance it may recur..

so during labour they will give the antiobiotics as a form of precaution cos wont know whether there's strep B or not.

and BB will be passing thru the birth canal.

Ah Ching: I’m sure your bb’s weight is growing steadily too  Somehow I feel heavier but not that much!! Our bodies are built to take on the dramatic weight growth of our babies without us feeling soooooo terrible...of course, there are still the aches and the pains and the perpetual peeing but I think all of us know it’s worth it for our baby’s health 

Wish_Child: Don’t worry, your baby IS growing! Heehee ... even if you haven’t put on much weight, or you feel you’ve been eating too much junk food, somehow our babies are clever enough to take only the good stuff from mummy so don’t worry too much...and it is good that baby is active. I’ve been told lots of movement is a good sign, hehheh ... and I am sure we will miss all the movement once baby is out, so do remind ourselves to savour the moments now!

Joodzjoodz: Same..my gynae gave me the admission letter to TMC as well and asked me to carry it with me wherever I go nowadays. The letter is going to be so “giam chye” by the end of 4 weeks!! Have you packed your hospital bag already? Although the packing list is not long, somehow I feel soooo lazy to be packing the bag, and it’s somehow different to packing for a holiday, u know Like...how many maternity pads to bring? How many nightgowns to bring? How many magazines to bring? I guess whatever I forget to pack, my hub or relative can get it for me later on, but still ... it’s very strange that I am worrying about such trivial things now ...

Choc: I asked my gynae twice at the last check-up whether I need to be cutting down on sugary foods or watching my diet. Because I have not put on any weight in the last 4 weeks while baby has put on more than 1 kg, she said just maintain my current diet. My current diet = small appetite, drink lots and lots of water, hardly any snacking, but so much bubble tea/can drinks! I have can drink or bubble tea nearly everyday  Feel somewhat guilty but at the same time it helps to quench my thirst too ... I don’t want to think of the calories so much ... yes, I’m relieved my placenta has moved, although I would feel better if it has moved even further up by next week’s scan ... do u have low-lying placenta concern too? I was about ready to give up hope on it since it did not move at all in the past 3 months. But I hope I have given mummies in similar situation some hope now  Zanta ... ur placenta ok too?

DadnMum: Baby at 1.9 kg at 32+ weeks is not small leh! I think that is quite normal, actually ... so if the trend continues, your baby will reach 3 kg in no time :p How come everybody wants big baby ah? I actually told myself that when I deliver, I’d like baby to be at 3kg ...then now already hit this mark with 4 weeks to go....gulp....does that means baby might hit 4 kg by EDD???

Reverie_island: For the red date tea, I’m finding the dang shen very expensive wherever I go. The price is about S$18/100g and I’m told must put at least 1 long stick into each batch of boiling for 8 cups...is this true? 1 long stick is >100g, u know!!! So ex!!! Can tell me where you got yours and for how much? The other ingredients I bought already ...

Mrs Ong: My gynae caught me by surprise at last week’s 36-week scan when she wanted to do swab for the B strep too...but after coming home and consulting my baby reference book, apparently this is a common test that all pregnant women should do around this stage. This bacteria is quite harmful to baby but if detected beforehand, it can be treated during labour/delivery so tat the bacteria does not pass on to baby. So your check-ups are once every 2 weeks now? My gynae jumped from once a month to once a week now ... sigh...somehow always fall on a Thursday so got to take leave or time-off...but actually, I’m quite happy for a mid-week break from work :p YAH! We are definitely in very similar situation with baby’s weight gain but not us (we should be thankful for that!), and also with low placentas that have moved ... ?I hope mine will move abit more though ... coz my gynae was saying they will still have to check regularly during labour to make sure the placenta will not get torn off halfway or something ... so the higher, the better? The Baby’s weight is derived by the 3 measurements of head circumference, abdomen circumference and thigh bone length ... so she acknowledged there is some room for optical error, but she measured many times and so my baby’s estimated fetal weight is somewhere between 2.97 – 3.1 kg. I take it as 3.0 kg, easier to remember :p But my friend who gave birth recently..her gynae was monitoring her baby’s weight and when it shot up 500g in 1 week to hit 3.9 kg (according to his estimate), my friend had to go for c-sect the very next day. When baby came out, the weight was only 3.6 kg. Could’ve tried for natural birth, hor! But I guess her gynae was also concerned that if baby stayed inside much longer, her weight would go past 4 kg ... sometimes we have to trust the gynae’s instinct and experience.

Re: Epi ...I am also undecided at the moment...my gynae did ask me about my preference last week but I couldn’t give an answer, so she said no rush, can let her know when I’m in labour also can ... no problem with timings n all .. I think I want to try without epi and see what’s my threshold level..if can tahan without, I’ve been told that’s a much better option. Plus I have phobia of being paralysed waist-down, even though it’s just a temporary effect ...many of my friends have used epi with no problem and little side effect ... I think I will just have to be as brave as I can but at the same time, play by ear when the time comes. Is this a wise decision?? Any other mummies have the same thinking?

Enjoy the week ahead, everyone! 

Zanta..

Yeah.. Is soft but think the support is good too.. BB will be comfortable.. We also went geylang shd be Opp lor 7..

The first durian stall along he road.. We have went rd a few stall end up only this stall got ppl eatin there so we join.. Spend abt $50 for two durian...

Joodz..

Ha ha.. Since this is our last few week with him.. Think we shd hav confident wif him..Dun wanna worry so much.. Hopefully he will not dissappoint us.. Hee hee..

Do we have to book for epi?? Really dun know when n how the procedure will be like..When we need lauging gas.. When we need epi.. I hope mine is a chop chop one... Admit and give birth the next hour.. No waiting.. I hate the feeling Ppl say first one will normally have to wait for at least 10hrs... Faint...

My colleague with four kids advise to open all drawers in our room before going out for delivery .. Say it will easy n fast for delivery.. Ha ha .. His wife delivered all four with 3 hrs..

No harming trying .. Hee hee...

dadnmom: really open drawers?? heheh i also wanna try. my first one about 8 hours. if u plan for epi or not sure better let doc know u might need so that they can be ready.

ahhhh i also want to eat durians... had lousy ones.. 2 for $100 some more earlier in geylang a month back. so sian.

Princess31,

Try don't drink so much can drink/bubble tea...once a week should be ok but not everyday. all these have no nutritious at all...and with high sugar level....maybe you can opt for fruit juice or yogurt. they are good for your baby. Just tahan a few more weeks!! Jia you!!

Dadnmum,

No I used another gynae for ny first pregnancy. This round I use Dr Adrian cos the clinic near my house and further more his package is cheap. So I thought since this is not my first pregnancy, should be ok. Like what you said, we only have few more weeks with him, we just open 1 eye and close 1 eye la....hee...

One thing very amazed me is when Dr Adrian do the scanning, the way he measure baby also super fast, I didn't even got the chance to have a closer look, He's done in 1 min. Then he will baby size ok and weight is ok. Nothing to worry !! I see you 3 weeks time. Hahaha...

Ever since I know he is super fast kind, i have told my hubby don't bother to go clinic with me. Because everytime my hubby didn't get to see anything after waited more than 30 mins outside the room.

@mamaying - me worse, whenever i buy tibits or snacks, i will open up and eat but after tat will leave it untouched till expired! That why i cannot buy bulk, if so many of my snacks will be wasted! Hope im not too late to say this but enjoy ur cny cookies and photoshoots!

@wishchild - joking k so dun hv to specially bake for me...hee next time when i got my oven, need ur advice on baking for sure!

@princess31 - precisely and i only 35 wks and my gynae so fast perfomred the strep b test on me! i also feel that placenta the higher the better! Well, my gynae will not comment whenever i go for my check up review, she just say good, good and blah blah blah...she will only comment if i ask qns. Eg, i did not know my placenta was low till i asked her. Then every check up, i hv to ask her my bb wt, placenta lah etc. I mean at least she should tell me so that i know how my pregnancy progressing. My check up review was monthly until wk 29, it becum 3 wks and now turn to 2 wks and i believe after next check up @wk 37, it becum weekly affair. Ya same here, i also have to take leave for my check up and frankly, half of my annual leave are used for checking up. Though i can take MC ocassionally, not good lor. Me too dunwan big bb, best her wt come out at 3kg on my edd! On the other hand, i want to eat sinful food for these remaining few wks coz for the past months,my diet consisted alot of veggies with mininal meat. And i try to avoid deep fried and processed food if can. My weakness is those kueh kueh and cookies which are high in sugar and trans fat so will only touch abit. So now only left 4 to 5 wks, want to give bb eat abit of sinful food lor...but sinful food not healthy! Guess just eat in moderation the best.

Hello mummies!! Have not been here for a super long time. Do you all still remember me?? =D Hope all of you are doing fine and have a smooth delivery! The day is getting nearer & nearer~~ I hope my baby will come out on the first day of CNY, cos my sil said it's good for boys to be born on first day of Lunar year.. I've been counting down with him everday, hope he'll be good and listen! =p

Valeria, wow super long never saw ur post. We miss u!! How are u? Why so long the saw ur post? How is ur bb boy?

Mrs Ong, hehe sure no problem Anytime. =)

@wish_child: Hee hee.. I'm doing fine in general. Other than my leg is hurting me. The feeling is like my veins is sprained at the inner thigh. Whenever I walk, stand, toss & turn when I'm sleeping it'll also hurt. And already been like that for 2 months. Gynae said cos baby's weight is on me. Nothing can be done except to bear with it. Bleh. Hope after I deliver the pain will go off.

My baby boy is super active~ Sometimes I'll even feel pain when he kicks too hard. He must be feeling very restrained with space inside. Poor thing.. But still, hope he can bear with it. 26 more days to go~! =p And I've finally settled in buying the baby's stuff. Cot will be delivered on Wed. Hee hee..

Went for my check up on Fri & gynae said the baby's head is very low. Though not yet engaged but I'm so scared. Don't know can he wait till next month. =/ And I've lost weight. So she did a CTG on my baby. Lucky everything's fine. She said might be cos my cough & flu few weeks ago. I was having a very bad cough. But my sil said it's normal to lose weight when nearing delivery though.

How are you & your baby?? =D

Hello mummies,

I was admitted to TMC yesterday due to contraction, discharged this afternoon, have to be on hospitalization leave for 10 days. Friday night I had diarrhea n vomitting, then midnight started to feel abdominal cramp. Saturday morning called Dr. Ang and he advised to go down hospital to check whether got contraction.

When reached hospital, the nurse put me on CTG machine n found out I had regular contraction. Gave me some oral medicine but not help. Lastly put me on drip, then only my contraction went down. Dr. Ang came visit me n did VE check, luckily no dilation yet. I so worried that I will be in early labour cos I only 34+ week now. Then doctor adviced to stay 1 night for observation.

This morning doctor allowed me to discharge and prescribe some medicines for controlling contraction. Now I am praying my bb will be guai guai stay inside me until at least 37 weeks, best is 38 weeks lar.

And the hospital bill is really expensive, 1 nigh stay n some medication cost me 1k, faint.

Valeria, wow that's fast another 26days can see ur boy. My girl and me doing fine. Hehe my girl also restrained inside my tummy. Haha. I also can feel her kick very strong and sometime pain. Haha now can see my girl foot pop out on my tummy near my breast area. Haha I still remember u said will tickle ur bb boy foot when u saw it. Haha. So cute I try to catch her foot haha. So cute have u see ur boy foot or fist pop out?

Oh I gained 20kg le. I also hope I will slim down on my next visit. I fall sick yesterday now feeling better. But don't think sick for 1day will let me slim down. Hehe.

What is it boy weight now? Do u have facebook? I add u in facebook Feb MTB group =)

Princess31: if not mistaken, hock hua has few types of dang shen. $5/100g, $12/100g n $17/100g. ZTP also has, almost the same price. U can check with the shop what are the differences. I also haven't bought, cos dunno which type to buy. Other mummies have any recommendation?

Grace, Do have more rest and don't move around. Wow the hospital bill for 1day already thousand over. U must take care urself. Hmm i read at Internet baby on week 36 is safe to come out. After 36weeks bb will be out anytime. =)

But I everyday tell my bb must guai guai stay until full term even she feel very restrained in my tummy. Hehe

@wish_child: So good!! I've yet to see my baby's hand & leg. I only saw something like knee popping out. Don't know what's that also. LOL~ I'm still waiting to see the hand and foot print. But don't have. =( Then sometimes he'll move until so vigorous that the shape of the my tummy will be flat and my belly button will be sucked it. Haha~ Don't know what's he doing inside also. =p

I've gained 17kg so far, and my baby's weight is 2.4kg. My friend said that's consider light for a boy. Cos usually boy will be heavier. But I calculate if his weight gain is consistant everyday week then by the time full term will be around 3.2kg liao. So should be just nice. Hehe..

Yeap yeap, my email is [email protected]. Thanks!! =D

@Val: Happy to know that u n BB are doing well.. A few mummies were asking abt u previously as we didn't see u here for such a long time.. Hope u will have time to update here regularly again now!

I'm feeling extremely unhappy today

maybe due to weather? cos the rain keep stop and start for at least 10 times

brought my clothes in and out for 3 times and gave up after that altho there was sun

and the worst of all is I gave my boy 3 tight slaps on his cheeks when giving him a bath today.

i have tolerated his tantrums for the last 2 days and just cant control anymore just now.

further coupled with my frustration with hubby.

recently I really feel like the sight of him at home irritates me.

he slept till 3.30 pm today left home right after that and slept till ard 3 pm yesterday..

all he does is sleep and watch his dvds or chit chat on the phone with his frens.

I am really resentful that he is not helping me out when I am already so pregnant...

feel that he does not care abt my son and I at all..

sigh..

also in a dilemma abt sending my son to CC.

seems like there are more things I need to do.

now everyday gotta wash his bottles, towels and 2 sets of clothes, pack his school bag, measure out his milk powder, prepare his snacks etc..

life seem so much easier when I sent him to nanny,

and he has learnt how to scream in CC.. 'faintz'

this is something I really cannot tolerate.

he has also lost weight and got a lot of blue black here and there.

sigh

I wonder if all this depression is due to hormones?

seems like most mummies hormones are more to the happy side..

why mine has make me feel worse..??

Everyone seem to be looking forward to their newborn happily.. ah yo

Valeria, yap do more update urself at here. Lot of mommies asking why u nv update here for so long. Hehe.

Bb boy 3.2kg ok la not very light.

Haha I haven saw my girl foot or hand print yet too. Only saw her foot pop out like round round thing. Then I try to catch it. Oh my girl move left to right and got one big round thing pop out when I lie down on my side. Don't know what is that too. Hehe maybe she try to play to herself ba. Haha

I will add u now at facebook =)

Ah Ching, Hugz. U ok or not? Is it u too stress up that why will slap ur boy. Try to cool urself Down. If too tired just rest urself an dont do any housework for a day. Try to do something u like if possible. =)

Ur boy have get use to go CC?

Ah Ching, I believe it's the hormones at work and furthermore, we are near full term and definitely feel tired and frustrated. I was once very depressed too, feeling very 'useless' cos can't do a lot of things. Tell yourself it's just a phase and try to look at the positive side of things. You can do it!

Back