(2011/02) Feb 2011

Wish child:

I did use stretchmark cream and oil but my bb is growing too fast ..

Going for my gynae appointment this sat ..

Abit apprehensive to know my weight gain ..

I dont think i can face the increase .. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Just now, I went to buy a cup of Gong Cha bubble tea to drink coz I was feeling horrible from the gastric reflux ..

Siao liao ..

Mrs Ong:

Hmm ..

Just in case, the bb is sensitive to adult's washing powder ..

My fren actually uses the bb detergent to wash adult clothes as well ..

Hi mums,

We are also in dilemma on the location of the bb 1st month celebration ..

Cannot have it at either my in-laws' place or my parents' place .. scared either side not happy ..

Then not cheap to rent a place coz we scared our house too small ..

Sian ..

@choc: Can I suggest putting 1 more row for ADD (actual delivery date) since Michelle had already given birth? IIRC, it's on 27th Nov'10. Xin ku ni le..

Where have you been for the past week? Never really cya online.

Zanta, Nope i never used any anti stretch marks cream/oil. Haha Dont want waste money buy stretch marks cream, i change so many different brand of stretchmarks cream still got rashes. So just give up lor. =)

I'm not underweight before i pregnant. My weight is acceptable weight. Before i pregnant my weight is 63kg now 80kg.

Zanta, For the Anti rashes diaper cream must apply after u change ur bb diaper or after clean bb butt.

Unicorn, The most important is baby growing well and healthy. My bb dont even grow very fast. I wan her grow fast but she grow quite slow.

Haiyo unicorn u try drink some warm water or take some plum see whether will it work for u gastric reflux.

Unicorn maybe u can book a chalet for ur bb 1st month? But must depend ur in-laws or parent will mind or not. Because my mom dont want me to hold bb 1st month at chalet as she said the place is "Dirty" & not good for a bb just full month go out. hmm so end up hold at my parent house.. For my in law house too crampy to hold bb 1st mth. =)

zanta...okok..i go add later... me ah...reading up the postings lor... coz ytd on leave go bring my boy boy out mah...so abit busy...

haha...recently too lazy to post though in office...tired leh... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

desitin...i vote for the blue color box, Desitin Creamy..its good!

Unicorn,

R.E. first mth.. you can allocate timing for family and friends separately...like 1-3pm for relatives, 3-5 for friends...then you can hold it at your place

Weight gain.. Hey hey I also gain alot of weight... Close to 18kg @week 33.... Luckily managed to control my weight gain recently coz my last visit I gained 5kg within 5weeks and gynae told me to control my diet abit else wait hard to shred off excess.. Phew managed to control and so far this week the 4th week and I gained 1.5kg from last visit! Hehee

I noticed alot of us this sat going for checkup leh! Me too!!

Unicorn... First mth celebration hold at ur place lar split to 2 sessions ... If alot of relatives then split into mil side n ur mum side lar...

Stretch mark cream... So far I try to apply cream religiously though not proven to help but at least I did my best lar :p

Bird nest... Started on my 2nd bottle of Lao Hang Jia Bird nest.. Actualli planned not to take but since I save alot on baby clothings and must be fair to #2 and hope his complexion come out be nice nice de.. Just take

Baby detergent... I using kodomo brand and it smell nice..

Countdown countdown!! Less than 7 weeks to go!

Hi all,

BABY'S FIRST MONTH PARTY

I have attended first month parties at Ritz Carlton and Conrad before! Talk about lavish right? The parents booked tables at the buffet restaurants and everyone just helps themselves to the food. Very classy but it's like $68++ per person, very extravagant. Our families are quite big, definitely cannot afford to do this.

I was thinking of buffet restaurant on a smaller scale, like maybe dimsum buffet at a dimsum restaurant for my first month party. Much cheaper, $20+ per head. Actually both our parents live in relatively big houses (landed properties) but neither side has offered the use of their house for the party and we don't want to open our mouths and ask, so we are probably going to have the party offsite at a restaurant.

Can I ask what the tradition is? If have party no need to give cakes right? It's one or the other?

hi all mummies ,

i went to my feng shui master today. chose a new date for babies . 6 jan 2011 for c sec . tomorrow have to ask my dr again. i got appt at adc kkh tomorrow .

if everything is ok. im counting down to exactly 3 weeks .

baywater : for the baby set we ordered i can collect from you and pass to the mummies going for gathering.

geri: i want 3 tubes of the 4 oz blue creamy desitin can?

hubby say 4 oz already 113g bigger than toothpaste no need 160z. i order 3 tube for my friends and myself

choc.... we miss u in here...

idaarshad before i forget... happy birthday. u mention tomorrow is ur birthday... are u still working tomorrow?

btw u know who is tai jie in facebook? i tot its u...

Cnicole.. Thanks for remembering my bday tmrw.. Wa seh... My last yr of being in twenties... Nxt yr gear 3 liao.... Haiz.... Tai jie is anther fb seller... Nt me... .. Y leh?? Anyeay use iphone hard to cut n copy n add ur orders... U have twins easirr to get 1 tub fr hm n 1 tube to bring out... My suggestion only.... Hehe

Cherry, for the traitional first month gift normally give ang gu kueh and red eggs. For my bb first month we decide not to give any gifts. Haha because my hubby said save cost and also we already invited relatives and friends for buffet so no need give gift. But for my friends she open buffet and give cake for every of her friends and relatives. If friends didnt attend the bb first mth she will give a cake vocher. =)

Cnicole, oh u have names for ur baby boys? 6 Jan 2011. Wow so fast and u will be second one give birth in our group. Hehe I feel very excited for u. Hehe. Tomor u can see ur twins boys again and soon u can carry them on ur arms. =)

Iddar, oh don't know is ur bday today. Happy Bday to u =)

Hi Choc,

could you update my details for me? I am #61 on the list. Thanks!

Nick: Clio

EDD: 15 Feb 2011

Gynae: Dr. Joycelyn Wong

Hospital: TMC

Expecting #3

Mummies who have boys and girls, is there any difference tt i need to take not with regards to bathing and diapering boys rather than girls?

Cos my first 2 are girls we need to take special care of the boy's private area rite?

Sorry for the 'blunt' qn, but i'd rather find out and take note thanto let boy boy suffer from diaper rash or whatver and get scolded by MIL and be branded 'incompetent'. Oops. :p

Wish child.. Nt today.. Is tomorrow.. Then my bday

I ever use drapolene also n nw even pureen one... So far ok bt desitin works best n more cost savings

Wishchild_ hi, I wish to attend the gathering as well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] lunch is good for me as 11am I am going to tmc maternity tour. Then evening dinner and see xmas lights with hubby n girl. It's our wedding anniversary.

Hi all, previous pregnancy I gained 20kg. This time with morning sickness n appetite not so good now 32 weeks gained 8kg le. 3rd trimester should be gaining most weight. Read on a website half the weight gain from now on will go to baby. Fats under baby skin also increasing so don't eat too much fatty foods... Man I am craving for icecream now!

Heya all!

Sorry been MIA... was busy washing and cleaning all week, attended 2 family gatherings, & then hubby just came back from Australia =D Hurrah!

Desitin- pls note that 4oz tubes are S$6.40 regardless of orig or rapid relief.

The $4.89 is the price in USD. =)

U can PM me here or in FB about it? It will be ordered from an online website that other Mummies have held spree purchases from, so itz trustworthy, and we can just divide the shipping costs equally amongst us. =)

Cheers!

Geri

===GATHERING - PLS ADD ON TO LIST====

22 or 23 Dec 10

1. Idaaarshad

2. BPC

3. wish_child

4. Joodz

5. Geri

6. Zanta (prefers lunch but depends on time and location)

7. Tangobebe2010 (22nd lunch is out though)

8. Unicorn

9. kinderbueno - 22/12(Lunch only) & 23/12(Lunch or Dinner)

10. Cnicole - 22/12 only

11. Eviangal - 22/12 lunch only (depends on time and location)

12. MamaYing - lunch at 11am

Most of the mommies can make it on the 22/12.

Mommies perfer lunch or dinner? Maybe we can meet at central area or prefer at orchard

Iddar, oops sorry. Nvm I wish u early 1st lor =)

MamaYing, u prefer on 22 or 23 Dec? Happy anniversary to u and ur hubby. So sweet u, ur hubby n ur girl going see Christmas lighting. Hehe.

Wow only gain 8kg for 32weeks. That very less le. So envy. Hehe. Crave for ice cream just go ahead and eat. But don't eat too much not good.

hi choc: i am on #102 on the list

nick: yvonne swl

edd: 24 feb 2011

hospital: KKH

expecting my first boy... thanks for the update!

Hi mums,

I just finished watching 'Masterchef' and now I am craving for chocolate souffle ..

The next best thing at home is my Sara Lee Choco cake ..

Sure put on weight ..

@choc: Ic.. You really dote on your boy le, on leave only bring him out. But this will be the last 7 weeks to bring him out alone le, 7 weeks later will have to bring 2 boys out together le..

I think our energy are running out faster than usual as our baby becomes bigger and bigger. Me too, if wake up earlier, I will feel v v tired and needs to nap.

Actually I also don't know if stretch mark cream really works or not but I just apply it religiously since last month unless I forgot. Hehe..

@wish_child: The stretch mark cream which you bought from the spree also doesn't suit you?

For what I know, nappy rash cream should be applied after shower or after every diaper change but don't know why know my hubby's SIL told me apply only when there is rashes..

@MamaYing: Talk about ice cream, I just had ice cream waffle this afternoon. :p Don't know why I kept craving for ice cream for this pregnancy. Maybe my baby has got sweet tooth. Hehe..

@Idaar: Happy Birthday in advance!! Hope you enjoy this special day of yours. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Mummies,

Taking orders for Desitin Creamy (4oz)& Desitin Original (4oz) as well as the 16oz tubs from Drugsdepot.com.

MOQ

Desitin: 45

Shipping Charges

Actual weight/volumetric shipping charges-will be divided equally by the number of items. Estimated at $1.50-$1.80. Will advise the actual shipping charges later.

Exchange Rate

US$1 = S$1.32 (according to Global Convert app, but will have to adjust if higher ex-rate is used by the credit card company)

Desitin: S$6.43 (US$4.89) + international shipping + local postage (if not self-collecting)

Collection:

- I live right next to Braddell MRT at Toa Payoh Lorong 2 =)

- Normal or registered mail (please state your preference)

Kindly note it is an additional $2.24 if you are opting for registered mail. I will not be held responsible for lost or damaged items if you are opting for normal mail.

Terms & Conditions:

- No payment, no order.

- No cancellation of order once it has been submitted to the merchant.

- This spree may be cancelled if response is poor.

- Refunds will be made within 3 days if spree is cancelled.

- Payment must be done before collection.

- Please be prepared to wait around 2-4 weeks for the items to arrive.

- Kindly let me know your name, contact information and address (if you are not collecting the item and want it mailed to u)

- I will inform you whether the spree is a go ahead, after which you should kindly then proceed with payment via bank transfer.

Inform me once you have transferred the cash to my account. I will PM you my email and contact number once you've ordered.

- 1st payment: Cost of purchase

- 2nd payment: International Shipping Charges & local postage (if applicable)

Payment to POSB SAVINGS 071370780

Please order using the following format:-

Nick:

Collection:

Email: PM me

HP: PM me (if you are going to self collect)

Mailing Address: PM me (if you opt for postage)

Item 1: Creamy (Rapid Relief) / Original

Qty:

Payment Details:

Date & Time :

Nick ID :

Bank Acc number: (so I can verify that your payment got through to me ^.^)

Amt transferred :

Thanks! =D

IDA ADIK- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! =D May God bless you with happiness, peace, joy, provision for your every needs, love and good health!! HUGS!

Clio-

With boys, pretty much same same when they are babies.

We can't really clean under their foreskin until they are much older (5-6yo... ranges per kid), so similar to girls always wash front to back (so germs won't get into their privvies) and keep them nice and dry over there. =) When older (pre-school), need to teach them to wash their foreskin properly during bath time. (That age is when their foreskin no longer seperate from the glands, before that it is stuck together one so no way to really pull back and wash.)

We noticed with Kae when he was a toddler that sometimes his penis would get a bit pinkish at the tip. When that happens, we would switch to cloth diapers to let his skin air (or just get him to go diaperless) and apply diaper rash cream to it also. Sometimes it is coz never drink enough water.

Apparently, their foreskin can become red when they have been exposed to the soiled diapers for too long, or they have an imbalance of skin bacteria.

Otherwise, I find with boys, it is easier to take care of their hygiene down there... more girls than boys get UTI coz boy's urinary tract longer. =)

Zanta- I used Drapolene with Kae. It worked better than the first one we used. That one was the in house product sold by Mothercare (someone gave it to us) & it didn't work well.

From what I've heard from other friends who've tried both Drapolene and Desitin, Desitin apparently works even better, so I was thinking of switching to it this time around. =)

Didn't rest well at all.. Think my no1 having growth spurt cuz he wakes up for milk.. Silly me still try to coax him for few hrs. Should have give him milk earlier.. Yawns.......

Re: diaper cream

With no1, I never use any barrier cream. Only apply when I see rashes. Started with the calendula cream which doesn't works at all.. Still got one tub left, dunno what to do with it. Tried using as lotion. Lol! Then I switch to desitin creamy which works real well! But once he's got a serious bad rash and it doesn't works anymore. Perhaps immune already. So I change to the heavier formula, desitin original. Difficult to apply and remove cuz the paste is thick. Anyway it doesn't really works that time so finally last resort is doc's cream. Been sticking to it till now..

For my no2, I will start from the calendula cream again before progressing into the more heavy formula... Partly also dun wanna waste. Hehe..

Hope no1 will wake up a bit later so I can rest more.. Yawns..

Btw, good morning mummies! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] yawns

TGIF!!!

Happy birthday idar!!!

Happy Birthday Idaar!!!

BREAST PuMP

Hi all, I finally took out my 3 yr never use Ameda out to test this morning and found it in workin condition BUT I don't remember that there was this beeping sound each time the pump sucks & release (1cycle). Can I check with those of u who have Ameda, is this normal?? I remembered it to be pretty quiet when I used it last time (3 yrs back).

Hi mummies!

The thread suddenly so active after I left for my doc appt..

Latest update: I've put on 1.8kg last month and 800g went to BB so BB is now 2kg.

My total weight gain 12.5kg.

My edd is 5 Feb, can someone tell me what week I am in now? Lost count liao

hi mommies, so sorry to interrupt. i have 3 boxes of breastpads (pigeon 60pieces) for sale. each box at $11. do pm me if you are keen. collection at chai chee area, thanks!

It was very fruitful appt yest for me.. got several free gifts.

Got some Frisomum milk sample incl. discount coupon $5 off for Friso mum and pair of mittens.

Got a babycare package free gift (inside got several vouchers/ magazine/ anmum sample/ huggies newborn diaper sample/ pigeon breast pad sample/ avent cream sample etc..

for those going for c-sec, the clinic also gave away the belly band!

I very thick skinned went to ask for a free can of milk powder for my newborn.. ha ha so now I no need to buy liao!!!

Did CTG yesterday cos I told Dr Ang I afraid placenta apruption as I having pain at a spot near my belly button..

result is fine, no contractions and baby is healthy.. so at least I got peace of mind now.

But Dr Ang only seeing me in abt a month's time..

I thought by now should be 2 weekly liao..

Also managed to get a 3D picture from him.. hee hee this is my 3rd 3D picture liao.. although all are not very clear but can see eyes, nose, lips and face.

spoke to my hubby regarding his trip to china.

reminded him abt birth and marriage maybe clash fact..

but he told me he still wants to go on 7Feb and return 11 Feb.. as all his frens will be going..

baywater, think my zhao yu same as yours ha ha..

tell u all a joke..

last night I received several calls / SMS from my siblings and I thought it was very weird..

cos I was wondering how come they all called on the same day asking abt my well being..

later one of my sisters told me that they were worried that I was the pregnant lady who was dragged on the road by the hubby in Yishun as reported in the internet.

I really couldnt stop laughing after hearing it..

guess they really dont have a good impression of my hubby.. ha ha

@ah ching: you should be in week 33 this sunday. My EDD is 4 Feb, very near to yours [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

IDAARSHAD: Happy birthday!!

Ah Ching: LOL so funny.. they really have a horrible impression of your hubby..

Anyway last night was my MIL's birthday and a whole bunch of my relatives(in law side) went over to give her a surprise at midnight. the whole affair lasted till very late and i am very sleepy now.

my hubby and his MIL then had a heated argument after the celebration regarding confinement. initially in 2nd tri we made it clear that we will be choosing our confinement method, which means no alcohol(or at least cooked for 10mins), have to shower(for hygiene purpose but i will still blow dry my hair before coming in contact with wind), and feed my baby BM and NO WATER in case intoxication. yesterday my MIL came over to tell me that she had a talk with her mother and decided that i MUST follow their traditions and i MUST take alcohol neat for one month and not shower. my hb was very worried bcos he supports my decision to BF all the way and did not want to alcohol content to get into the milk and harm my baby's immature liver, plus he is afraid that the herbs used to replace water for showering will cause my baby to reject my breasts due to funny smell and might not be hygienic or comfortable for me.. he tried to explain to his mom and they ended up quite heated up. on the way home he told me if worse come to worse we take care of baby ourselves and he stop work for 1 month to take care of me and baby. today my SIL msned me and asked me whats wrong with my hb. turns out he emailed her to ask her to basically mind her own business and to understand that modern confinement practises is healthier and that he hopes not to ruin their family rship.. he also copied and pasted a lot of links regarding confinement myths for her.. im a bit worried now bcos due to this there is a lot of tension in the house especially when the baby topic crops up..

ah ching

wah - really there was this case in yishun?? what's wrong with that hubby?!

joodz

your hubby really very good leh... at least he's sensible and standing up for you, and his beliefs. and really nice to consider taking leave for 1 month for both of you to handle bb together. i know one cousin who did that for his wife too - he was the CL haha. both of you might be happier, since there'll be less tension and stress. Post-partum is already a very stressful time cos need to adjust to caring for baby and breastfeeding, really don't need any extra stress.

but if you think there is leeway to qian1 jiu4 yr MIL, and keep the relationship good for the long run, then can consider a few compromises:

- take alcohol neat only immediately after breastfeeding, and don't breastfeed for the next 3 hours (a bit hard at the start cos bb might need to feed more frequently) to let alcohol be processed and dissipate in your body

- no water is needed, but actually a little won't kill (maybe limit to less than 30 ml each time)

- not shower. maybe just bear with it and don't shower for one week. thereafter shower daily with boiled herb water? Baby may or may not reject breastfeeding cos of smell.

cherry

what some people do is to host a small buffet reception (either at function room or home) and still give a box of cakes (a lot of people give the sweetest moments type, instead of the more traditional bengawan solo) to each family that attends, since they come bearing gifts/ang pows.

Some just have the reception for family, and give the cakes to colleagues/friends who were not invited to the reception.

all depends on individuals, budget and preference. no real 'standard'. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

idaar

HAPPY BIRTHDAY in advance! stay sweet and pretty!!

reading joodz post. i have 2 question.

1. how long should the newborn be feed purely on milk until we give him/her water to drink? it will cause intoxicated? ... it sounds scary to me.

2. how many drinking DOM during maternity? does it go into the milk as joodz says?

Choc, you missed me out... :p Can u update for me? thanks!

No Nick EDD Gynae Hospital Expecting Child# Gender

claire 3 Feb Dr Lim TMC 1 Boy

Ida: happy bday!

ah ching: you are approaching 33 wks ow.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] do u have iphone? if yes can download "what to expect" application. keep track of the gestational age for u easily.

ya.. thot the frequency for gynae visits shld be once every week or once every 2 weeks...

do you need to pay additional for the 3D scan? i've never had any 3D scans before..

ur dream really funny .. hahaa.. ri4 you3 suo3 si1 ye4 you3 suo3 meng4...

joodz: guess some conflicts between traditional and modern practices are inevitable.. did ur hubby try to explain nicely to his mum and sis? his sis also believe in the traditional practices? or can she help to be the mediator? but be glad that ur hubby is playing an active role in the childcare process and both of u are on the same page.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] things will get resolved.

talking about confinement, is anyone planning to use dry shampoo? the sales attendant at tmc recommended Klorane dry shampoo.. selling at about $14 per bottle but there will be a 10- 20% discount now... can use for 1 week if use everyday..

thanks mummies for yr bday wishes.. Wonder wats up for me..

Joodz... Wah quite taxing bt the best of it hubby stands by u... V important

Hey mummies,

im consolidating orders for raspberry leaves tea which aids in a smooth delivery and breastfeeding, also helps in digestion and water retention. esp good for pregnant women. its recommended that we take 2-3 cups each day. these raspberry leaves tea are organic and are selling at $9.50 outside. i can get it at $8.00 (60g) which can make bout 30 cups... if ure interested pls email me at [email protected]

Zanta, I used clarin anti stretch mark oil and palmer dont suit me. My gynae said my skin too sensative so cannot use anymore stretch marks cream/oil. Haha but yester saw the stretch mark feel very sad so i just apply the clarin oil. My whole body itchy through out the night lor..

Iddar, HAPPY BDAY TO U!!!! Always stay pretty and happy. =)

Jooz, Ur hubby really very nice and good. Haiz for my hubby is other way round. He more traditional type of person and everything must go on traditional confinement.

I feel body hygiene is very important. Body feel clean will also good for our mood. During confinement already very stress and not enough sleep. Heard my fren said confinement time will easy throw temper.

If possible do confinement at somewhere u feel comfortable. Like for me i do confinement at my mother place. As my mother place have aircon even i cant shower i still can blow aircon and keep myself cooling n no sweat. The best thing is my mom will go to work so i can sneak to shower when nobody at hm. Hehe. The good thing is if anything i not happy i can straightway voice out to my mom if MIL very difficult to voice out to her. =)

So overall when do confinement time u must be at a place u feel comfortable. Like that u can enjoy ur confinement

pinkyoshi,claire: thanks for clarifying for me. so I should be 32 weeks++ now.

trinket: regarding HB I also dont know.. ha ha..

It was reported in Asiaone that someone spotted a man dragging a woman by the leg on the road and she looked pregnant.

think it was also reported in the evening chinese papers..

claire: I didnt have to pay extra cos it is in Dr Ang's package.

but it depends on BB's position.

I think many mummies here didnt get the 3D pic as their babies always not in the right position.

But it is a simple pic.

if u want detailed one must go TMC and must pay for it.

must go by 32 weeks.

OFB:

Q2 according to books/ parentcraft if mummy drink alcohol it will go into the breastmilk.

that is why they normally advise that u bf only 3 hours after u take alcohol.. otherwise baby will be intoxicated.

Q1 u dont need to give BB water until baby start to take solids.

@unicorn - in that case, will buy bb detergent.

@idaar - Happy Bday!

@cherry - for my understanding, those attended ur bb's shower, no cakes will be given. However, with addition to that, some may want to give cakes/ang gu kueh to relatives for tradition purposes. For me, i'll buy bengawan solo's vouchers for my uninvited friends and colleagues in return of their wishes & gifts. Oh ya, the sweetestmoments cake is yummy and too bad they dun sell vouchers...

@claire - i intend to use dry shampoo lst and if cannot tahan then wash with herbal thingy...haven buy yet as i still trying to find out more info..

trinket: yah, my hb is indeed very nice. i would say he is that kind who is pretty proactive in my pregnancy. for me i hope everything will be jia1 he2 wan4 shi4 xin1 lah. but i do not want to jeopardize the welfare of my baby in the process..

OFB: this one i ask mdm wong one. she said before 6 months no need water. newborn stomach is about size of marble, and as he/she grows stomach will still be quite small and to us half a small bottle of water is okay(older generation like to say remove heatiness and white residue on tongue) but to baby he/she might be too bloated to drink anything else like milk and end up not absorbing enough nutrients. the bloatedness can also lead to him/her having liquids phobia and vomit everything out. mdm wong's recommended qty is 10oz, about one tablespoon a day. but cos BM/FM contain about 80% water so u actually dont need water. but got to look out for signs of dehydration also. article on water intoxication in babies : http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Much-Water-For-Baby?&id=32915

everything mother eats enter to BM. from what i know alcohol is very fine and can pass into blood easily, and since BM is made from blood, alcoholic content will stay in BM and be passed to baby if baby feeds from mother. this is taken from Pigeon Breastfeeding Advisor website : "As much as 2% of any alcohol you drink will find its way into your breastmilk. Drinking and smoking can also decrease the amount of milk secretion and inhibit the growth of your baby. Your baby's ability to rid the body of alcohol is poorly formed, and a very little can have an incomparably greater effect than on adults." similarly have to control intake of caffeine, nicotine intake during BF as well..

alcohol is okay after cooking it for more than 10mins to evaporate the spirit.

claire: my SIL is not married and no experience in really taking care of children except a little babysitting here and there. thats why her knowledge is based on her mother, my MIL. so they got similar thinking.

wish_child: lunch on 22nd :> not at 11am.. prob 1230 onwards cos 11am is the maternity tour.

Zanta: my previous pregnancy one week before giving birth i was eating swensens everyday! haha and the night before I was at best friend's house having cheesecake :>

ah ching: yes I am seeing Dr Ang in a month's time too. after tt then is weekly i think.

Happy bday Idaar!

Choc: thanks pls update my baby is boy :> as for venue still cant decide TMC or Mt A. Will go tour TMC next week.

Good day all, I am so so hungry... craving for roast duck rice. Off to lunch!

joodz: regarding your confinment I agree with trinket..

sometimes must give and take since u ji ren li xia.

actually the herbal bath is very good for u as it is antiseptic and helps to relieve water retention.

it is not smelly la..

Last time I also dont listen and showered.. in the end I got bad water retention and my wound hurt a lot.

but after that I bathed with the herb, my water retention improved and my wound hurt less..

so traditional practice is actually ok..

your MIL force u to take alcohol is also for your good.. as it does not benefit the BB at all when u take the alcohol..

so think it this way that your MIL has good intentions ok.. ask your HB dont react so negatively.

The truth is looking after newborn can be so tiring that u wont feel discomfort by all these..

I only bathed every 2-3 days during my last confinement as I was too tired!

I didnt feel uncomfortable as I was at home the whole day so also dont perspire much

should be thankful that someone is helping u with the confinement..

unlike some of us who will be on our own..

claire: not intending to use dry shampoo.. will just bathe with the herbs and blow dry my hair after bathing..

===GATHERING - PLS ADD ON TO LIST====

22 or 23 Dec 10

1. Idaaarshad

2. BPC

3. wish_child

4. Joodz

5. Geri

6. Zanta (prefers lunch but depends on time and location)

7. Tangobebe2010 (22nd lunch is out though)

8. Unicorn

9. kinderbueno - 22/12(Lunch only) & 23/12(Lunch or Dinner)

10. Cnicole - 22/12 only

11. Eviangal - 22/12 lunch only (depends on time and location)

12. MamaYing - 22/12 lunch at 12.30 onwards

Blue_potatoes_chips guess at Marche @ somerset 313. I also feel Marche is a good choice too. Is everyone agree with it?

Back