(2011/02) Feb 2011

zanta: cradle cap is when BB has scabs growing on their head.. like dried up skin..

my son had it and grew all the way to eyebrows.

must use baby oil to moisten the skin then use comb to brush off.

using facial cotton pads to clean baby butt.. i think you'll find it wasteful.. cos big piece difficult to clean properly.

regarding nursing bra.. i dont think need to get 1 size bigger la.. just cos after delivering our rib cage will drop abt 1 size.

moreover you'll be topless most of the time in the 1st month!

felpoo: maybe consider getting a nanny instead of helper..

cos nanny no need anyone to look after..

i think SIL thing.. if already got bad experience then can avoid best to avoid lor.

Nashita, I understand what you mean. That's why I said I have other considerations. I know my MIL's pattern. So that's why I said go with the flow. If can manage, I will just engage those part time helper to come in once a week and if not, see whether my hubby can help out. I know him too well.. If he really cannot tahan, he will engage a maid and talk to his mum. The mum's very scared of her son.. Hehe..

Eviangal, my purchases is slightly over 200. And from the description as stated in the Vpost, it seems pretty empty yeah.. So what should I do next?

Volmetric Weight : 3.1 kg Actual Weight : 1.0 kg

Volmetric Weight : 2.9 kg Actual Weight : 1.5 kg

Ah Ching, you go topless for the 1st month? I cannot. I will leak milk. Don't get mistaken. My milk supply wasn't that all great but the breast keeps leaking droplets of milk. And you were saying nanny? I will adopt a wait and see approach.

@bigflamingo - great and glad to hear tat! Hope can hear good news from my gynae this fri coz my placenta still low and bb head not down yet.

@Nashita - Hope to hear good news from u!

Gathering, too bad i can't join again this month, gathering at eviangal's hse is when?

Zanta: Sembawang NTUC cant. I went Jurong point for my purchases.. Otherwise, next closest to us would be AMK.

Felpoo: Ic.. hmm.. would have been more cost efficient if you had shipped them under 1 order.. The volume weight and actual weight confirm got diff.. Seems like around there.. Try to use credit card discounts to shed some costs.. To know if the box is really empty, only when items arrive then can tell..

felpoo: ha ha.. for first month I was expressing milk most of the time cos BB dont know how to latch..

but by 2nd/3rd week he kinda get the hang of it..

I'll just press the other side with a towel during the let-down then the milk will stop leaking.

But I later learnt that it is wrong cos will cause blocked ducts so I hold an empty bottle to collect my leaking milk when nursing.. so funny right.

Wearing nursing bra very itchy for me so I topless when feeding BB lor..

Later on I got those sports bra type/ sphagetti top type of bra as can pull up from below and stuff a hanky into the other side.

when not nursing I dont wear bra then you'll see my T-shirt getting wet cos sometimes we get let-down for no reason..

so i change my T-shirts like 3-4 times a day.

Eviangal, just over the weekend, I signed up for comgateway. They give you the option of getting them to repack the whole thing to make the parcel smaller and it will save more cost on the shipping. And I think they have something similar to Vpost V-concierge where I might be getting my girl's Polo stuffs from there. Hope it comes out to be cheap.

@Mrs Ong: Thanks.. hope ur placenta will move up too! *cross fingers tightly* Keep us posted yeah..

@felpoo: Yupz, best let her son handle her.. dun worsen ur r/ship with her.. u're really a patient DIL. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Felpoo: Yes, com gateway gives you repacking version.. but at a cost. US$10 per repack. And that is provided your item is suitable for repack. If you are not ordering alot.. Not very worth. CGW usually overall will be slightly more ex than vpost.. cos the discounts not very good too.. Cos it doesnt gives discount off the 1stkg of US$11...

Another thing abt CGW is you cant speak to anyone.. Only via live chat.. This live chat thing is very sucky.. cos it seems to be either down or high volume so not accessible lately.. Another alternative is email.. And you know la.. can be slow.. Concerige is not free too.. About 5% of your order cost.

I used CGW only when I am ordering from a new supplier and unsure how things are packed, or from Disney (cos Disney tends to use big boxes).. sometimes i try to check out other sprees to see if the boxes used by suppliers tend to be big first before ordering.. Amazon may need CGW too.. but Amazon tends to have things shipped out seperately instead of combining items in 1 box in some cases.. But when they combined, the box can be like 1/2 full..

Zanta: Only NTUC Xtra outlets and some NTUC Fairprice where card is accepted. Xtra only 4 in Singapore. Jurong Point, Hougang, Nex and AMK Hub. Only limited to Maybank Family & Friends card can get additional 10% rebates till 26-Dec.

Eviangal, so what is the other colour you are trying to sell? I am looking at blue. Do you have it?

You are very detailed on this things. For me, I don't think I can be bothered. I am happy as long as my stuffs I ordered reached to my door step.

Reminding me of that, I have yet to trf the money to baywater for the nissen suit.

Wish, I saw the link that you had shown me. The cloth diapers look very cute. Maybe I will drop by their booth this Sat.

Felpoo: I bought the Fannel version for the blanket it was ok.. Quite thin.. Not thick and hot.

For the crib sheet, i not very sure too.. Cos first time trying this for sheets. My mattress protector from luvable friends were fannel too.. Those were ok.. But i think fannel material can helps to act abit as a protector.. More waterproof than cotton. I havent open to see is it thin or thick yet. Mayb tonight i go home and check.

Felpoo.. Since u gt experience to order.. Maybe can help skme of us to order? My list was long ready 3/4 bt with all the shitty stuff.... Didnt do it till finish... Now just wanna forget it n b happy esp w purchasing new sfuff for bb. I believe each i my babies deserve some new stuff in watever manner though they are my 2nd, 3rd or 4th n nw 5th... Cheap nvm but at least gt new lah.... Just like to b fair... Though my cumin 11 yr old doter clothes are still in good condition n has been passed on to the younger ones n even to this one...

RE: Cradle Cap

I think I know what is that, my bro has it as a bb and it really takes time to get rid of it. It made the head smells too.

RE: NTUC Hyperstore & Maybank CC

I only got Maybank normal credit card, don't know can get rebates or not. Will check it out when I pass by those hypermarts.

@Ah Ching: I scare I'll leak w/o me knowing and it'll be v embarassed if my FIL noticed because he is staying with us. So I will need at least 2-3 pieces of nursing bra to wear at home.

Hello everyone,

Think it has been months since I last posted. How is everyone doing? I am feeling bigger each day and baby is so active moving all the time! Sometimes i get a shock and will jerk a bit haha.

Been wanting to stock up pampers too but no luck at the recent fairs.

Very excited about baby's arrival.. we are all into out 32-34 weeks now?

Thinking of becoming a SAHM after this baby...

Take care everyone!

Hi all

got a rather stupid question here. Will you gals be wearing disposable underwear after delivery as heard the period will b very heavy? But i'm worried that those disposable underwear will not be tight enough to hold the pads in place well enough. Any comments?

and will you gals be wearing disposable one or your normal underwear when you ward in for delivery? tks a lot!

Hi mummies, hope you have enjoyed your weekends..

Feeling very tired with bodyaches.. Haiz..

Just wanna check, have been feeling bb stretching alot lately and sometimes feel bruise kind of pain on my tummy when he stretches.. Is it bcoz he now has limited space to move around like before hence the pain? Anyone experiencing this?

Also, do you people think it's possible for me to ask gynae for a letter to rest at home before the due date as I'm so sick of coming to work nowadays.. The people in the office just treat me as their personal maid despite me carrying a big belly to work.. Am feeling so depressed.. Just hope I can hang on for 1 more month but it's getting harder everyday.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi all,

have discussed with my hubby and we decided to go with the cord blood banking anyway, just to be kiasu... my gynae also said it's like buying insurance.. so can afford then just buy lor.. anywayz.. we are thinking of going with Cordlife.. does anyone have an agent to recommend? Tks!

COTTON BUDS / COTTON WOOL

Baby cotton buds: I just compared my pigeon cotton buds to the normal adult ones and they look pretty much the same size leh… in fact was thinking of just buying normal adult ones.

Zanta: what brand of cotton buds come in bottles? I only saw those in packs.

Felpoo: my sis-in-law used both methods, and according to her, she prefers your method, ie. Thinks it’s easier to use facial cotton wool and then tear the cotton wool into half, as compared to peeling off from a big roll of cotton wool. Not sure what is the experience of other mummies.

Ah Ching:

Thanks for the info on mittens and booties.

Also agree with u that sometimes paying $$ can help to lessen conflict at home, but hubbies may not realise it.

Baby clippers: think Zanta’s is a pair of baby scissors, I also got that from signing up FBI with Thomson. Can we use either bb clippers or bb scissors?

Thinking you may want to start your shopping in dec esp now there are much festive sales going on?

Felpoo: thanks for the info on the BBmall online purchase shipping time. I have been listening to 92.4 symphony too… got hubby to talk to bb every night.. also used baby plus.. first bb mar.. hehe..

Bigflamingo: great that ur placenta has moved up! : ) hope mine will be the same too..

Wishchild: ya, I have to make the turns slowly too.. furthermore I’m surrounded by all the pillows that I use to prop my back or to hug.. haha.. You do naps in the day time? Maybe day time sleep is better cos can enjoy the huge bed without hubby disturbing..? hee..

Mamaying: u referring to pampers brand itself? Promotions for newborn diapers are rare.. but maybe can try the hypermarts.. ?

Ann ang: from what I heard from experienced mummies, disposable panties will be good in case of stains. Another factor to consider is whether you have any help in washing your normal cotton underwear as you are not supposed to be in touch with water too much during confinement period. I think shouldn’t be a problem finding disposable underwear that can fit well.. can try out different brands and see.. personally I find watsons brand free size disposal panties work well for me.. Also heard from some of the mummies that TMC provide netted panties (which they charge to our account) , or can purchase from their pharmacy, which is good.

Bigflamingo, good news to hear tat. Hope i'll also hv the luck to hv my placenta shift up.

Wish_child, u can use receiving blanket to swaddle baby. I attend the free lesson at tmc after giving birth, and the nurses taught us how to wrap up the baby. But unsure if other hospitals also teaching.

Ann, I'll be using disposables at the hospital. Wear and throw coz dun want to add on to the load of stuff to bring home after discharge plus still hv to carry bb. Some disposables comes in sizes so won't be very loose. But it's better to wear loose panties then fitting ones coz it might rub n irritate yr stitches (if natural birth) or yr wound (if c-sec) if the elastic band rub against it.

Preciousbabi, hugz. Hang on there. If u are asked to carry heavy stuff or need to walk v far to run errand, just reject kindly that u can't coz u are so heavily pregnant now. I'm sure yr colleagues won't go any further. If u got the letter from yr gynae to rest at home, will yr co ask u to take yr ML now? If yes, then will be not worth it coz means tat u only hv 2mths to be with yr bb. Are u able to tahan for another mth? Dec will be quite a short mth left with Xmas n New Year holidays. Hang on there ya. Jiayou!

Preciousbabi, HUGZ!! u can ask ur gynae to give MC. U still have how many days of MC can take? Sometimes ppls don't understand about pregnancy how difficult and xin qu must go through. Try to rest well and drink more water. Try to relax and dont stress urself. =)

Clarie, Hehe I sometime take nap. When first trimester I everyday take nap. But second trimester I never take any nap hehe. Now third trimester body getting more n more tired and my hubby keep nag at me said my dark circle more n more dark. So nowadays I will try take nap at noon. Hehe or else when bb is born I do not have time to rest.

Don't know why at night I have hard time to sleep and also keep go to toilet hehe.

Charmine, I bought 1 blanket for bb only. Hehe. I hope I got free lesson at Parkway east hospital after give birth. Hehe.

How are u? Getting better?

Claire, I'm using pigeon extra thin stem cotton bud for my son to clean his ears. It's half the size of normal cotton bud and comes in bottle form. If I use the normal bud, it will push the earwax further in his ears then clearing it out. Can be found at ntuc. I'm using cotton wool balls that come ready in a pack. Tearing frm big roll of cotton dun work for me coz will leave strands of cotton on bb's face. Plus tat time only I'm alone with bb so do everything also hv to be quick so I find the ready done cotton wool balls hasslefree.

Wish_child, thanks. Doing fine but these 2 days kept hving menses cramp. Today's cramp has been gg on til now since 12 noon. Wondering if it'll get worse. U can gv the hospital a call and check. The lesson I went taught us how to bath/clean bb, wear diaper, wrap bb, swaddle bb etc. Hmm.. Tat time i only got 2 r.blankets so I used the traditional cloth nappy to act as blankets instead hehe

Elise: nine-zero-zero-one-one-four-four-nine.. His number. Can u acknowledge once u see this num so I can delete? I don't wan his personal contact spreading around the Internet and u don't accept pm:) I just came back frm seeing him.

Hi,

I am a Dec MTB & Decided to give up breastfeeding and thus wan to sell my breastpump away. Used less than 2weeks as basically latch on BB most of the time.. Bought in Nov 2010.

Medela Swing

Bought at $399, letting go at $300.

Comes with the cooler bag, 4 medela btls, bag. Throwing in Pigeon Milkbags & Granny Milkbags (total of arnd 30bags)

Email/PM me for fast deal. Price negotiable.

[email protected]

Eviangal - has anyone bought the blankets and cuff socks? Am interested.

Preciousbabi - i am feeling the same as you and I think most mummies here too. Just hang in there.

Hi Nashita n mrs ong,

hope yr placenta will up soon.

Nail clipper,

I cut into my #01 fresh (right thumb) till she cried very loud in her 2nd month.. =P I switched to scissor instead since then. her thumb is very tiny n i aimed salah.. =P

Craddle cap,

i use dentinox craddle cap shampoo. my girl was not very serious, only top of her head. i used 3 times it clears all. still have left over shampoo for #02.

nursing bra,

my case the cup size up to 2-3 cups when engorged.

babysit with ILs,

if possible, get a helper. my case, my MIL changed her mind n insist wanted to take care of the baby..end up my girl keep having nappy rash, even now she in her 18months. MIL does not bother to potty train despite i voice out to her so many times. eveery time we say the girl has rashes, she acts blur n say don know like tonite. sometimes, it is so serious till i have no choice but take 2 days urgent leave to stay home to babysit myself.. my poor girl.. i tried my best not to argue wif my hubby n close both eyes, but i really pity my girl.. n this is the best win win situation that i can think of. (my MIL is very childish, always think of herself.)

Sorry to interrupt. Any mummies here looking for stylish trendy nursing wear this festive season?

Brand New MOTHERS EN VOGUE nursing maternity wear sale 60% off

More than 20 currently still in store designs available. XS-L sizes!!

Email [email protected] or PM me for details now til 16 Dec (Thur)!!

@MamaYing: Welcome back and do come in more often to chat with us.

@PreciousBabi: Next time when your colleagues asked you to help them do things that will endanger you and your bb, just reject them nicely. In about 1mth time you'll be able to enjoy your ML, so hang on there.

@Claire: I bought Pigeon Brand cotton buds, they're much slimmer than those we usually see. Next time you go shopping, keep a lookout for it as I saw 2 sizes from Pigeon. I bought mine from Metro Causeway Point last week.

@ping ping: Wow.. Your cup up so much?? Like this like very hard to buy a nursing bra now coz don't know how much will it up?

I felt ouch when I saw your post on cutting your girl's thumb. But using scissors to cut nails need to follow by filing right?

Hi, Whats acute inflammation of the back??? Cos im currently 30 weeks preggy but my vaginal bones and muscles are painful and aching every min and secs. its a pain to sit up as well as walk... liftin up my foot to walk up stairs and wear underwear is a pain to me... the pain stretches all the way to my backbone as well... and anal / backside.... i feel pain in the lower part of my body n beginning to have no appretite for food... Can anyone advise?

As well as i thought of having earlier labour... is it possible? Cos im feeling so terrible being preggy now... =(

@En Xuan: From your post, I can feel that you're suffering. When is your EDD? Get advise from your gynae regarding early labour will be better.

@joodz: Wow.. Your bb is really absorbing well. That's good..!! Within just one month and she gained 1kg.

Wish Child: Are you still experiencing menstrual cramps? Before my last delivery, I had some light mentrusral cramps which became more and more intensive. It turn in to contraction pain in about 2 days. Have you called your gynae to verify?

En Xuan: Are you going into early labour? I heard labour pains can be in the form of backpain too.. YOurs sounds like that..

Moomoo73: Have pm you.

Hi ladies.. Morning..

Hospital bag: I have pack finish mine n baby already..

For my hubby think on that day ask him to bring along a jacket will do..

Since he can't stay in with me cuz I will be taking 4 bedded upgrade to 2..

Hope that day the 2 bedded is not all taken up..

I'm in 33 weeks only.. Next week den go check up..

Dun know whether can ask gynae for the induce date anot..

Can we choose the date?

kinder: this is the contact for my cordlife agent: sarah koh 91140995

otherwise u can just contact their main line: 6238 0808

hee hee if u dont have any frens or relatives using cordlife maybe u can put me as a referral?

think got $50 voucher lei..

@ Zantarina

@ Eviangal

thank u for ur reply.... ya, im suffering sooo much pain... will it be too early to induce labour? m only 30 weeks...

En Xuan: Its hard to tell.. Think your gynae will be in a better position to advice.

Fiona: Induction can choose date. I planned to induce for my first delivery initailly.. Even made appointment. End up baby was born before that.

But I heard induction can be quite painful..

Back