(2011/02) Feb 2011

morning mummies , my back pain is getting worst . esp at night . maybe had been walking too much .

im 32 weeks today . looking forward to see my babies again on fri .

Ah ching & eviangal: my first one is induced..

so i think if can choose date den will choose a nice date for him..

i dun wan water bag to leak from home to hospital..

that will be very messy.. haha

Eviangal, I don't have menstrual cramp pain. Is Charmine she having menstrual cramp this 2days. Hehe i have a shock I thought I going to labour soon. Cause at night I can sleep well n cant sleep my Fren said is 1 of the labour sign.

Cnicole, u better rest more and lie down more. Put some pillow at ur back when u sitting down. =)

Hi mums,

Yesterday, I was so tired that I fell asleep at 10pm and slept through all the way till 4.30am ..

And I can't go back to sleep after that ..

But now starts to feel abit tired ..

Planning to take stock of all the bb items tomorrow since I will be on leave ..

Maybe will start to pack the hospital bag too ..

Now in 32 weeks too ..

Cant wait to see my bb during this sat's gynae visit ..

En Xuan,

I am experiencing those pains too. I told my gynae last sat, she said the vaginal pressure was due to the baby's head being down low and engaged. I also have tail bone pain when I sit on chairs, all day long. If you are at home, sit on a sofa. or lie on a bed and the pain will go away.

En Xuan,

I am experiencing those pains too. I told my gynae last sat, she said the vaginal pressure was due to the baby's head being down low and engaged. I also have tail bone pain when I sit on chairs, all day long. If you are at home, sit on a sofa. or lie on a bed and the pain will go away.

Cutting of nails

I tried using both to cut my gal’s nails and I prefer using scissors as I find it easier to control compare to using a clipper. Filing might be a challenge as the bb will not stay put for u to cut their nails, hence speed, control and practise is very vital.

Gatherings:

Hi ladies, might not be able to join in this 22 Dec as I think its my gynea appt “

CNicole:

So happy for u that ur 2 boys are growing healthy and steadily “>. Try doing some light stretching exercise to ease the backache.

Bigflamingo:

Glad that ur placenta has moved up “>

Felpoo:

Ur hubby n my hubby can be buddy LOL. Both equally ‘Ba’ when comes to details. Haha. My hubby doesn’t even remember when I’m delivering. Sigh. Wat to do, they are the one who we choose out of so many ppl.

Wish_child

For clippers, there are those specially for bb/toddlers one.

@pingping – tks! I hoping more that my bb head will be engaged down coz my gynae said low placenta still can natural birth. Oh..serious can up to 3 cups…hmm can we clear our engorgement within hours?

@Zanta – can’t help laughing when I saw ur post on filing after cutting nails coz u sound like u going to perform manicure for your bb…haha

@cnicole – ya walking too much esp carry stuff or heavy bags can cause tremendous backache which occurred to me. If really need to walk a lot, walk slow and best with no bags. Ask your hubby massage ur back. U having check up this fri as well…same here and do keep us posted on your twins [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Have a good lunchie!

@Charmaine: Haiz.. I do whatever I’m supposed to do lor.. Sometimes when I call for help, people give me that kind of look like asking “is this really that heavy for you to carry?” So I rather depend on myself unless I really cannot tahan the weight.. Nobody will volunteer to help even if they see me walking up and down the office with things in my hand.. They will just pretend they can’t see.. Damn sad to be in this kind of working environment rite.. Haiz..

@WishChild: I have been taking quite a number of MCs this financial year, so even if gynae gives, it won’t be enough to cover till my maternity leave too unless he gives hospitalization leave which I doubt so..

@MooMoo/Zanta: Thanks.. I’m trying very hard..

My HR Manager spoke to me this morning after she interviewed a temp for my position.. She asked when I would like to start ML and hinted that I have been taking MCs quite often.. So I told her my plan was to start on 17th Jan.. She actually offered that I start from 10th Jan – exactly 1 month before my due date (as per MOM law).. I agreed immediately.. Now I can’t wait for the 10th of Jan to arrive real soon..

@pyng: Hehe.. Because when using a scissors to cut nails, there will be alot of sharp edges and I'm afraid bb will scratch her face then got scar not pretty le. But I think practice makes perfect bah, and with the mittens on, should be ok bah.

@bigflamingo: I had been feeling v intense pressure on my vaginal these few days, even when I'm sleeping. It feels v uncomfortable even when I wanna turn from side to side. Does this means that my bb's head is low and engaged?

@En Xuan: 30 weeks seems to be too early wor.. When is your next gynae visit? Discuss with your gynae on your next visit will be better.

@PreciousBabi: You mean MOM law is can take 1mth ML in advance of EDD? But like that you only left with 3mths together with your newborn.

And how come your job requires you to carry things here and there?

Unicorn, After work faster go back home and have a good rest. =) I pack my hospital bag half way. haha still haven wash the bb clothes and cloth diaper. Do take care woh. I also very excited to see my bb for the next visit. Haiz need to wait for another 2more weeks. Last week nv get a chance to see her.

Baywater, Thank u maybe later i go to mothercare to find the nail clipper set. Hmm but it difficult to cut bb nails i even saw my fren cutting her bb nails. It took hrs le. Haha this tough job i think must give my hubby do it. Haha i dont even know how to cut my own toes nails.

PreciousBabi, Must hang on. Soon Jan is coming. After christmas time will fly very fast. If u too tired drink chicken essence. Try to get ur colleagues to help u if possible. =)

Zanta, I took some pic of the moo moo kow diaper and baby land cloth diaper. I have compared this both diaper i feel moo moo kow diaper is better as for the material. Hmm i still haven try out both can hold how much water. Will try it later. I will upload some the pic here. But think wil be very small in size. If u wan i can email u the pic. =)

@Zanta: Yup, MOM law is can take 1 mth ML before EDD.. Anyway I'm intending to resign after ML.. So after that maybe take my time to find a new job ba so got time with bb lor..

I am the administrator = bao ga liao.. Everything that happens within the office is my problem.. Sometimes gotta shift things coz my office not very big, limited storage area.. So gotta shifts things here and there to make more space.. ARGH!!!

@WishChild: I won't even want to think that they will help lor coz that will make me feel more depress.. Now I only wish the days pass real fast till Jan..

Preciousbabi, If can just ren yi ren. After ur ML u goin resign so u can have good rest and accompany ur bb more too. Ya dont worry time fly very fast 1. =)

wishchild: are u SAHM? i can't do without afternoon naps nowadays since dont sleep well through the night too..

oh.. ur friend say can't sleep is labour sign? thought that's quite common for preggies in 3rd trim? hees

charmaine: thanks for the info on the cotton buds. do rest well .. u going for ur next checkup soon?

zanta: thanks for the info on the cotton buds.

preciousbabi: hang on there.. no harm asking ur gynae whether he can grant any mc or hosp leave..? on carrying heavy stuff, ur colleagues are really unfeeling!... but do exercise ur rights even if they not helpful..jus refuse to carrying them can? if not for urself for ur baby! hang on there..

Claire, Im a jobless person. Haha.. Im just grad from poly. Before i grad i found out im pregnant. So after grad just stay at home all the ways lor.. Hehe..

My friend said when her due date around the corner time she cant sleep for 2night then after the 2nd night she having contraction. She said is the sign of labour if cant sleep. Haha i think because the weather is humid and tummy getting bigger that why cant really sleep well.

BPC : I am at yishun today at MIL's . They started doing cabling works at the blk . Blk 327. I asked the construction worker what the works are for . He said lift upgrading at every floor . They have started drilling the grounds today for cabling and the works will only be completed in 6 months. The lift will be right at the front door of our unit . MIL said the noise might scare the babies . Looks like I need to on the aircon the whole day and close the door to cut the noise .

I dunno if renovation works will affect ur area too.

Preciousbabi: u can try telling ur doctor regarding ur pains and he might grant u HL.

I am on HL now but I feel so busy . Kept thinking there are things I haven finish packing . 3 more weeks for me .

Hi All Mummies here, I have bought a set of MEDELA ELECTRIC PLUS PUMP - DUAL @$299 (plus free Bag & Nipple Cream) on 12.12.10 - BRAND NEW ..

Willing to let go @ 10% OFF..

As i have received a gift set of the same Pump fm my frd today.. PM me if u r interested.

delivery can be arrange...

Mummies I am providing weekend chauffeur services In a luxury 8 seaters mpv! Promotion Ok when the bill come then I take from u k! The last meal on board how much I gt to pay u?? this month

To know more pls SMS me 90990650 or email me at [email protected]

@Claire/Cnicole: I will try to ask gynae at visit this Sat.. Hopefully can lor.. If not, I will still stick to starting ML on 10th Jan, 1 month before EDD..

Thanks all for your encouragement.. I feel better now..

@Cnicole: You have all the time to slowly pack.. Don't stress yourself.. I'm feeling excited for you too.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Preciousbabi, hugz hang in there. 10 Jan will come very quickly [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Meantime, do take care of yrself. Pls dun carry heavy stuff or overexert yrself. Just tell yr colleagues that u can't move it coz yr tummy is blocking u. Really not worth to get yrself or bb injured now over yr realistic colleagues. Yrself n bb is most impt now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Claire, no prob. Just went for my appt last fri, next appt will be after Xmas. Hope I can get gynae's approval to end bedresting [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Eviangal, i'm the one with menses cramp and I get it like 3-4 x a week. My gynae said only to admit to labour ward if the cramp is unbearable or it's accompanied with bleeding. Read the story tat this happened to Jamie Yeo coz she also had menses cramp thus gv birth early. Can check with u - is yr cramp a continuous bearable pain or does it comes in interval? Mine is continuous pain which can last for as long as 7hrs like yesterday.

Cnicole,

No wonder I see all the digging gg around. Yes ah... the drilling affecting my son's nap lor. Finally there's lift, thou I stayed on the 2nd level!!!

Initial stage when I kana spotting, climbing that long flight of stairs is a killer i tell you.

Good for you, aircon whole day to void the noise [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I shall monitor and see how's the noise level, i'm more scare of the dust!

Charmaine: Mine was bearable and in intervals.. The pain come and go from a stretch of a few hours to a stretch of a few minutes... But it became more intensive along the way.. As in longer and more painful as the time comes.

Before this cramp, I had some spotting.

I had such cramps for 2 days before checking into the hospital for delivery and another 12 hours before baby was born.

Eviangal, thanks. Okie will take note and observe if my cramp comes in interval.

Preciousbabi, jiayou!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hiya... these few days weird weather ya... hot & sunny, then rain... went for 33w check today. BB turn head down already and weight about 2 - 2.3kg..

I confess i haben really eat nutritiously for this #3. hee... too relax... love soft drinks eg Coke, ice-cream, chocs and unhealthy stuff... haha guess i better eat properly for the last month...

Hi Everyone

I have to following to sell away at cheaper price

- Jurlique Rose Hand cream 125ml

- Jurlique Rose Body Care Lotion

- Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist 100ml

Willing to let go all brand new at 75% retail price..

Expiry date sept 2011...

Can pm me for more info... Thanks.

Rachel - you are not the only one. Me too has been munching on junk food like chips, macdonalds, soft drinks, coke, coffee (limit to 2 max). Ice cream is a special craving I have during this pregnancy. Sometimes, I really feel guilty.

Preciousbabi - if I were you, I be counting down to my maternity and looking forward :)

wishchild: i see! u are so young [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

charmaine: looks like it's gonna be sometime before ur next appt. better get advice from ur gynae re ur cramps ya... 7 hrs seems really long..

@wish_child: Thanks alot but I think no need pictures bah coz I actually took moo moo kow's brochure back to read so I know how it look like, I just need to know 1 insert can tahan for how many hours or pee. Did the SA told you about it when you bought it? Sorry for being so troublesome. :p

@Charmaine: Didn't know that cramps ia also a form of early labour, then you gotta be more careful liao. Rest well and take care.

@PreciousBabi: Kambateh!! In less than a month's time you'll be able to enjoy yourself already. If your office got guy colleagues, maybe can get help from them to shift or carry things? Sometimes guys are more helpful to help in these stuffs.

Hi All Mummies here, I have bought a set of MEDELA ELECTRIC PLUS PUMP - DUAL @$299 on 12.12.10 - BRAND NEW ..

Willing to let go @ 20% OFF..

As i have received a gift set of the same Pump fm my frd today..

Contact or SMS me if u r interested @ 84188538

dDlivery can be arrange...

Hi mummies!

havent been able to keep up with the posts..

havent been sleeping well lately as got insomia.

Did someone mention that if cant sleep is a sign of going into labour?!!

I've been sleeping at 1-2 am and waking up 4-6 am and remained wide awake..

not becos need to pee just become suddenly conscious!

@MooMoo: Yes, I’m counting down.. 3 weeks + 2 days to leave this place!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@Zanta: People in this office all one of a kind be it guys or ladies.. I’m telling myself to see no evil hear no evil and endure for the next 3 weeks and say bye bye..

I have problem sleeping at night recently.. Especially after waking up to pee, it will take a long time for me to get back to sleep.. Or I will be dreaming all night long.. Any way to sleep better? And sometimes when tossing, I feel pain at my V. area like something pressing hard on it.. Anyone experiencing that too?

Will be seeing Dr Ang tomorrow.. wonder how big is my gal now.

she has been giving me very painful jabs in the tummy lately, like throwing tantrums inside my tummy.

However, can feel that she isnt head down or engaged yet as the movements are all both sides of the belly.

Also dont have the constant urge to pee or the pressure at the v area like before.

preciousbabi: i think it is common to be sleepless at 3rd tri..

u can try sleeping at 30 degress upright.

put 2 pillows under your head..

pain at the v-area is because of pressure.. maybe u stand too much so try to lie down as much as possible

I wonder who will be the next to deliver?

I got this strong feeling that I'll be giving birth only in Feb..

but many pp say will be in jan cos of the size of my belly...

i managed to get an additional item for baby..

got the drypers for newborn.. so now i got 2 packs of newborn diaper..

went to see the tommee tippee steriliser.. $169 for both steriliser and warmer plus an assortment of free gifts.

anyone know whether pigeon is also have this bundle deal and how much is it?

I think this will be the next item on the list to get/

for those having difficulty in sleeping.. ive found a very good way to fall aslp.. been sleeping like a baby these past 2 nights.. i put 2 pillows under my head, and 'kiap' FOUR pillows in between my legs as i slp on my side either left or right. the pillows i dont 'kiap' very low.. i 'kiap' as near as possible to my chest.. around the top of my belly.. i think it helps bcos for one thing the pillows prop up my leg and reduce water retention.. and with legs open wide wide i feel 'stretched' and very shiok. and the semi curled up position kind of 'exercise' my back while i slp cos i get back ache when my back is pulled straight. so maybe you can try this method.. only downside is hubby got lesser space with all the pillows and 1/2 of my pillows tend to end up snatched by my hb. but very shiok..

preciousbabi: same here. i also take a long time to fall asleep after i wake up to pee in the middle of the night.. and yes.. full of dreams every night...

ah ching: i bought my pigeon steriliser + warmer + 4 pigeon bottles set at $199 at JL promotion.

sometimes i find the many pillows useful, but at other times, i find very warm with so many pillows around me leh..

The pain in my fingers seem to be worsening, initially it's just the little fingers, now it's hurting a few of my fingers on both hands too.

@Ah Ching: I also feel pain on tummy sometimes when bb moves.. I think it's bcoz they are growing bigger everyday hence the space is lesser for them to move about..

I don't feel comfortable with 2 pillows leh, coz it will be too high and my neck will be like over stretched.. Causing another pain..

Tummy big means will deliver early?

@Joodz: You are sleeping with a total of 6 pillows?? LoL! Can't blame your hubby for snatching them from you coz if he doesn't, he will end up on the floor.. I am ok with 1 pillow and bolster now.. My problem is after waking up to pee, alot of things will come into my mind which holds me back from falling asleep again soon.. Haiz.. Keep telling myself not to think too much, but can't control leh..

@Claire: Hate that feeling right.. Yawning all the way at work.. Tired!! My fingers are swollen also.. It hurts when I bend them.. Especially painful when I wake up in the morning.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

PreciousBabi: Add oil. Just a few more wk to ur ML :> for swollen fingers, might be due to water retention. Do r drink water before u sleep?

Feeling lot of mix feeling for this preg... Now with this big tummy, unable to do so many things, feeling a little useless... sigh. Just did a little more laundry, grocery shopping n bring my girl to gai gai, feeling so tire already. plus a little spotting... so now hv to stop my plan to go get Christmas gift today. Sad

This morning, my h ask me how to drive to TMC from our house... sigh.... I asked him, if he is not familar, get me a taxi to TMC if I'm gg on labour. I think I trust taxis uncle more lor.. haha

Geri, wats the lastest arrangement for placenta???update me

Hello Mummies...mid-week & I cannot wait for weekend to be here...

@ping ping: Thanks for ur well wishes.. really hoping for sm gd news next week.

Preciousbabi: Gambatte... I thk ur colleagues will realise how much u've shouldered when u go on ML. Hope u get ur ML approved & have a gd rest while preparing for baby's arrival. U deserve it!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ah Ching: At Baby Kingdom @ Kaki Bukit, selling Pigeon steriliser + 2 200ml bottles + 2 300ml bottles (wide neck) for $115.

Hi Mummies!

Wowee, I'm really having trouble keeping up with the furious pace of the forum [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I guess we are all getting slightly nervous and all the questions and thoughts are coming quickly ... me too ...

I went for my 32-week scan last Thurs and baby is growing healthily ... 1.8 kg at this stage. I also did the 3D scan at TMC and for $90, I must say it's worth it! Sorry, I just can't figure out how to scan and upload the pic here or I would share with all of you. The funny thing is, my placenta is still low-lying so my baby's face is partially obscured by it..we could only get a 70-80% clear shot of the face, but his cheeks are really chubby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] If any of you have not yet hit 32 weeks and are considering 3D scan, I'd recommend it. It's really just a fun thing to do.

So back to the low-lying placenta .... my gynae is slightly concerned that it has yet to move up by now, and I really wonder what the chances are of it moving in the next 4 weeks. It currently sits just 2.5 cm away from the cervix opening. I'm due for another scan on 6th Jan, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Otherwise, it'll be a c-section for me, probably at least 2 weeks earlier than my EDD of 5th Feb.

Actually, thinking about it a little more, whether natural or c-sect,I'm terrified both ways!!!

Ah Ching: I think your EDD is identical to mine, if not one of the closer ones. When are you taking ML? I'm having trouble planning my ML and so far, my boss is also not showing any indication of which of my colleagues will be handling which parts of my work when I'm away.I asked her in Nov and she said we can talk about it in Dec. Well, it's Dec now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I guess it's up to me to make things progress, but the trouble is, without knowing whether I'll be doing a c-sect (earlier date) or natural (EDD 5th Feb) then it's a little tricky to plan things. Anybody facing similar problem? Looks like things will only be clearer after the 6th Jan scan, but by then, if it comes to a c-sect, that means I'll be looking at about 21st Jan. And if I plan to take 2 weeks of ML beforehand, that means once I get the results of the scan, I go on ML straightaway??? Suddenly everything seems to be moving at lightning speed ...

Any of you mummies keen to share your ML dates and plans? Perhaps that will give me a clearer idea of how to plan mine. My preferences are to take ML 2 weeks before delivering (whether c-sect of natural) and I calculate I need about 1-2 weeks to do a proper handover to my colleagues, and my HR also needs me to submit ML 1 week before I go...

I've been having lousy quality sleep the past 2 weeks as well, sigh. It's mainly because I keep peeing, about 4 - 6 times a night. A "good" night sees me peeing 2-3 times, while a particularly "bad" night I could be going 6 - 8 times! Nowadays, I go to bed by 10.30 - 11 pm and I'm up by 6 am to get ready for work. It's really getting to be quite a challenge!! I'm looking more and more like a panda each day...

I see some of you have already packed your hospital bags ... I'm going to have to look into this! Haven't even thought of which bag to use, and then for hubby as well. I'm opting for a single bedder at TMC because I'd like my hubby to be with me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] This means I gotta pack his stuff and bb stuff too!

My cot is being delivered this afternoon, quite excited. I'm on MC today and yesterday because 2 nights back, I had something dodgy for dinner which caused me to vomit 7 times and LS 7 times between midnight and 2 am! Wow, I never vomitted so much in my life, not even during 1st trimester. Finally, my hub brought me to the 24 hr clinic at 2 am and the dr gave me an injection to stop the vomitting. I've been on MC these 2 days (yday and today) and taking my charcoal and other medicines to stop the unpleasant symptoms. However, my tummy feels so distended and uncomfortable (imagine baby and bad gas inside!) and I'm slightly worried baby is feeling the effects too. Sigh! Plus, really no appetite to eat already. Yesterday, I weighed myself and saw that I lost 1.5 kg. I think is mainly water coz I puked alot of it out that night. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] But the good news is that I seem to be sleeping much better, prob coz I'm not running to the toilet to pee so much!! Haha [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I hope all u mummies are coping well, and hopefully the excitement of greeting baby outweighs all the uncomfy side effects for now!

Hi Mummies!

Regarding ML, I plan to take 1 week before my EDD. My EDD is 15 Feb, will officially take ML from 7 Feb Monday, but since 3 feb Thur is CNY day 1, effectively my ML starts on 3 Feb. No low lying placenta so need to consider whether need emergency C section early. Wanted to take ML as late as possible cos I want to spend as much time as possible with my baby before returning to work.

geri- saw ur post on FB regards to desitin.. any chance to get the creamy blue one instead.. actually u can get about $ 8-$9 from BPs here so actually abt the same price if BP or a bot cheaper - but i dun mind if it is the blue one as the purple one i feel really quite hard to clean off [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back