(2011/02) Feb 2011

Valerie,

Not daring lah, but those are the food besides rice that i can stomach during MS period. So just eat, hehe.

Gregda,

I think take in moderation should be fine, but some websites say papaya will cause the baby turns yellow, i don't know how true it is.

@trinket: Hmm.. Actually I think it really depends on individual. Some body is consider as liang so that's why they can't take liang stuff. Maybe I belongs to heaty category cos I always feel very heaty. Lol~ My gynae only said cannot take alcohol & raw food. Coffee she said can take one cup a day. But I only take half a cup lah. Then my mum said when she was preggy she still continues to take coffee. No wonder I like to drink coffee since young. Haha! Actually I also feel like eating watermelon too. Cos it's so juicy! My favourite juice was watermelon + orange before I was preggy. Now can only drink orange. =/

As for the pump, I still can't bear to buy so expensive one leh. Cos seriously I won't know how much milk I'll have and how long can I breastfeed my baby. But stroller and cot yes, I think it's important to get a good one. Lol~

@gregda: Oh no, I read in January forum papaya also cannot take.

@trinket: Thanks for the info! Wonder what time does it close though. Hmm...

@jolin: Haha! I drank ice lemon tea, eat agar agar I after that will feel very scared already. =p But I think gynae won't believe all these. To them, everything can be eaten in MODERATION. Lol~

Valerie - the auntie din give me the water bottle, she gave me disposable breast pads which i intend to pack into the labor bag for hospital.

i got 2 size S teats and 1 size M teats, lots of individual packs of wet wipes, bowl and plate.

@neongoby: Woah, bowl and plate?? So good! I wonder can the baby wipes last till we give birth... Then my hubby so funny. When the auntie ask us to wait while she pack free gifts for us he asked her got free breast pump anot. Lol~ Then the auntie didn't hear ask him "Har? What do you want?" Then my hubby repeat and she laughed and said "Haha! No lah. We have promotion for breast pump also."

Hi ladies,

my due date is also feb 2011 right now is 14 wks but find my tummy is big leh for first time pregnancy. Anyone same as me? mine looks like 5 mths pregnant liao......how ah? so sad

my colleague advised me not to get the breastpump so soon, she said what if we cant breastfeed, then the breast pump will be a waste. But i was thinking, if the first month, we can breastfeed then we buy, is it too late by then?

I also bu she de buy such an expensive pump, i wonder how much is the avent single electri pump?

Hi ladies,

my due date is also feb 2011 right now is 14 wks but find my tummy is big leh for first time pregnancy. Anyone same as me? mine looks like 5 mths pregnant liao......how ah? so sad

@ann ang: Hihi! Ooo I also find my tummy big. But I don't know how big is 5 mths pregnant. I only find mine big. Lol~ Why you sad? Very good to sayang leh. Hehehe..

@neongoby: I'm also not sure how much leh. But I want one that is quiet. But quiet one also expensive. Hmm... Wonder if I can find any that is $100+ and yet not so noisy. Lol~

Valerie - i m keeping all the things until i deliver [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my hubby packed all swee swee in the cupboard, hahaha i also want one tat is ard 100+ but difficult la, our first baby already said at least a few hundred [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

my tum tum gets bigger towards the end of the day. donno why, morning is the smallest. maybe due to gas, food, etc? i also dono...

@neongoby: Haha! So fast packed liao. Hmm.. Hope 2 weeks later when I go back to the babyfair they will have further promotion/discount on the breast pump cos last few days le mah. Hee hee...

Maybe morning you have not eaten anything yet, that's why seems small. This morning I also find my tummy like getting smaller. But now I touch touch ok leh. Like usual. Lol~

Valerie,

Ya, i think fish oil is optional. Dr Ang never make us to buy but just tell us to consider whether want or not, tell us it's good to take it for baby brain development. On the other hand, calcium pills are also optional but we were told it's better to get calcium from the food we ate rather than rely on pills. So i always nag at my wife to drink some milk at night. HAHA

heh, maybe you all can think in terms of the amt of money saved on formula milk? one tin about 40 bucks not cheap also. can finish one tin in 3 weeks one... by the time bb is 6 months. wah liao.

if i didn't have a good dual pump i think i would have given up breastfeeding within a month. but with it, i managed to tong for the first 3 months, and after that managed to latch till she was 20 months.

of course, some mums can latch well from the start and no need to pump much... then just a manual pump will do.

Valerie, during my first pg, i avoided mango, watermelon and a few other fruits including oranges. Now I dun really bother.. watermelon I take with soya milk, orange and mango I take, but in moderation. Papaya can take only 1 slice a day. My first pg, I take raw oysters and sashimi after the 5th month.. hehe .. hubby seafood distributor so he knows which one fresh and which hotel is clean. So tht time, I ate once a fortnight. Until my mil stopped me from eating.

Jolin, it's true tht first 3 mths, babies dun absorb much on what we eat. But it's the constitution of our bodies that we have to be more careful esp. the 1st trimester that miscarriage rate is very high.

Trinket, I saw a few ppl recommend that store.. Is it very cheap there?

Gregda, if you read up I think there is a certain amt of caffeine you can take in a day. Thus, I limit myself to a cup of coffee a day. Tht time, my mil was unhappy as she said baby come out will be very dark. In the end, my girl turned out to be fair. Sometimes, everything in moderation will do.

faithhope, honestly speaking, I just called PEM only. I was thinking of calling confinementnanny.com but too lazy. I think the rates should be ard the same. Anyway, getting a CN from agency is better than getting one outside. Afraid the CN will fly me aeroplane last minute becos it s CNY. Scarely they last min said tht they feel like going home to celebrate CNY, I will be left stranded. Anyway, CN agency have 1 to 1 replacement. And getting a CN is based on ur luck, and not the agency. If u get a good one, you are lucky. And PEM told me tht they hv signed a contract with Breastfeeding group on getting their CN to be trained in the group to be more pro bf.

Zanta, you r rite. Girls more 'wu xim'. My hubby although fillal towards my MIL, but likes to raise his voice at my mil and others. Sometimes, I hv to shout at him and now my girl also understands. So, each time he shouts at my MIL, my girl will come running and scold the dad for raising his voice.. hehe .. then my mil and me snickering 1 side as we both told him tht there will be a day, he will get his desserts..

preciousbabi, be prepared to take a bagful.. But the fish oil very ex. 30 capsules I think 58 bucks.

Neongoby,

The Avent single electric pump is selling $239 package at Taka baby fair. It includes nipple cream, 50 disposable breastpads and nipple protectors small. I think you can get single manual pump at below $100 but you must had a strong hand lor to keep pressing non stop. Heee

Neon, I was telling preciousbabi that u can buy the pump but kept it sealed. Dun open until the flow comes in then u will know u want to tbf or ebm. And if you dun want, you still can sell the pump at least 50 bucks off the shelf as it is still unsealed. I saw the avent single electric at 339.00 but the others mentioned tht promo in taka. u may refer the previous posts. avent slight ex becos it can use ac, battery and can convert to manual. Medela is 160.00 but only electric. But reviews on Avent seems good. I like it becos of let down and can empty breast. But I dun think advisable to buy after a month after delivery. I will buy 1 month before delivery. I will need to bring the pump together with me to the hospital to standby in case hv engorgement and I can immediately pump out.

Valerie: Huh Taka carpark closed? When I went it was not leh.. Ya, I’ll be going back again too..

As for the liang thingy, maybe I very “Kiasi”, things that people say cannot eat, I don’t take at all.. Maybe bcoz even before my pregnancy I am a person who is very selective on food.. So eating a few things lesser won’t kill me also, as long as baby is healthy.. So this doesn’t bother me.. Except that I now have ulcer in my mouth and yet cannot take herbal tea.. Haiz.. Will drink more water..

Trinket: Medala’s price is so ex.. Can’t bear to buy one too leh.. Thanks for recommending CheongChoon Store.. Just had a look at the website and they even have checklist prepared for us.. So cool especially for first time mummies.. Will drop by sometime..

Felpoo & Jolin: Do cut down on coke.. It’s not good for women even not preggy..

Neongoby: Same thoughts here..

Valerie: Pumps less than $100?? I think only manual pumps..

Ann Ang: Me also first baby.. My sil say I now look like when she was 5 months with my twin nieces.. Haha.. Some people also say if can tell early, means is baby girl.. Then some say face very ugly means boy.. I now have both the symptoms.. So is?? Contradicting.. Haiz..

Ourfirstbaby: But the single pump itself without the package is about $150+ right?

our_first_baby, tht's what I did during my first PG. Hands cramped from pumping every 3-4 hours for storage at night. And in the end, hv my hubby to pump out for me loh.. Becos he said dun need electricity and I let him hv a taste of pumping himself. He gave up 5 mins later and said why I dun milk myself like a cow.. :p

Hopeless man.. Now I tell him I die die want to buy AC, he kept quiet.

@felpoo: But we can't eat mango? I thought mango is like heaty.. And why you don't take orange? Thought orange is good cos it consists of Vitamin C? Though it will create phglem.

That day me and my family were eating outside then my sis asked if I want to share 芝麻糊 with her. Then I said no, later my baby become dark dark. Haha! =p

Medela only selling at $160? That's quite cheap. I thought Medela is a expensive brand. But not too convenient though as cannot operate on battery. Hmmm... $339 seems a bit ex. =/ *sigh* headache.

Agree with felpoo coz my friends who have used manual pumps before asked me NEVER buy that.. Spend a bit more better then u suffer more.. Especially during the period when u need rest most..

@preciousbabi: I don't know leh. I went on Monday then I saw they putting the board outside saying that carpark is close. So we never drive in to see if it's really close. If only we know we park in Lucky Plaza. At least nearer. -_-

I love to drink Luo Han Guo leh. Now also don't know can drink anot. My mum gave me those sachets one. She said can drink, my mil advised me not to. -_-"

Not less than $100 lah. $100+. Between $100 to $200 lor. Hee hee.. But I so fussy. Want quiet, want battery and ac operated, want cheap. Where to find. Lol~

our first baby: i refer to your post regarding addicted to the forum. so nice, i wish more husbands are like that. your wife very lucky. haha.. last night hubby and i reached home at midnight. i was already dozing off in the car. therefore reach home i never do hsework, i just went on bed, concuss liao~ never shower also. at about 5am i was woken up by my hubby. i was surprised that he was still awake and was playing angry bird on bed. the light fidgeting woke me up and i felt that the whole room was very warm and i felt mosquitoes on my leg(i think its my imagination) so i got very grumpy. since my hubby was awake i groan to him say im very uncomfortable and irritated and got mosquitoes biting my backside(thats what i told him lol). he continue his game and just say aiyo poor thing sayang(all this while looking at his phone). then immediately after that i felt very very sad(must be hormones). i kept quite for 5 minutes then i ask him why he dont care about me. hubby just sigh, off his game, and said okay come lets go slp. then he close his eyes and fell aslp. i started crying after that. cried for one hr. hubby got very angry. he told me his shoulder pain cannot slp thats why he slp so late and why am i creating a big fuss just when he is drifting into dreamland. this morning at work i called him and he was doing the laundry. then he started lamenting that i did not do the hsework. i told him i was very tired.. tired until never bathe.. i feel exhausted.. i just dont undertstand why hubby can be so insensitive at times, when it isnt easy carrying a living thing inside me.. i still havent gain back the 3 kgs i lost during 1st trimester.. till now i still feel abit sad..

sorry for the long post.. good place for me to rant here.,

@Judy: Try to cheer up. Some men are just so insensitive. Or maybe they don't know how to express themselves. Sometimes my hubby also like that. Like that day I was practically crying for the whole day, on off and I refused to talk to my hubby. But he also never come ask me am I ok! Obviously I'm unhappy about him and obviously he knows I'm crying but he also never ask. And when I think of that I started crying again. And the next day he also never ask me! Instead he pretend nothing happen and asked me want to go out anot. Hmph! If not cos I want to go to baby fair I would have ignored him and just stay at home! So don't worry, you are not alone. Some men are just, argh, from mars. *hugz hugz* Cheer up ok? =)

valerie: sigh, i hope so.. how i wish men can get pregnant too.. 1st and early 2nd trimester no good. cannot feel the presence of baby, only vomit, headache, slpy, here pain there pain. sometimes i wonder why am i suffering. i dont even feel baby inside. took me tremendous willpower to quit smoking in just a day, while he can still continue smoking at home.. sometimes i hope he can read all this.. i try to stay happy for baby sake.. dont wan a sour prune baby..

Judy, dun feel sad. Last time, my hubby also like tht. And I quarreled with him until I wanted a divorce and all during the whole pregnancy. He always said I was finding excuses when I told him during pg, we tend to hv memory lapses and all. Even now, I also cut down on hsework and when hubby nags, I told him in a jokingly mannner that he shld be more understanding towards me. U 'sai-nai sai-nai' a bit.. But in turn, I prepared fruits for him lah. Now tend to be very busy as I need to teach my girl maths and spelling everynight.

valerie, cannot eat orange becos they said orange can make the baby have more phlegm.. Mango is skin will become prune or something.. But anyway, I think it has to do with the fruits color.. orange or yellow can cause baby to hv jaundice..

judy, cheer up. Think on the brighter side like your hubby also nice to help you with laundry so he's still understanding and zidong.

@Judy: Ya, sometimes when my hubby finds me a nuisance cos I kept complaining I will tell him "Next time you should get pregnant! Then you will know!" Then I find him very irritating when he keep asking me "Don't frown, don't pout, must be happy!" I'll get so angry I'll tell him "You think I don't want to be happy meh?? I feel so xinku cannot even smile how to be happy??" Ask him to read up about pregnancy he don't want. Then want to comment so much. Argh. Okay, you give me your hubby email, then I'll email him the posts for him to see. Hehe..

Judy: Cheer up.. If not baby will be unhappy too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].. Sometimes they just dunno how to express themselves.. Talk to him nicely when there is a chance, tell him that sometimes not u want to throw temper, u just cant control urself.. Let them kn that it's our hormones playing on us.. Not that we are trying to be ridiculous all the time.. Hopefully he will be more understanding then.. Give ur hubby sometime, as he see ur stomach getting bigger each day, he will show more care and concern.. Mus remember to eat and drink well now to build ur body so that u have strength to "PUSH" when the time comes... Haha..

Valerie: U posting very fast lor.. Cannot catch up sometimes.. Hehe..

felpoo: thanks for the eng word i go research..gosh....i really got to pray hard den...will ask my hubby go for the blood test for my next check up le..

val: i heard is dont drink those herbal tea..better dont drink? i still drink barley...got craving for it..heee..for orange hor, my mil tell me dont eat too much..say might causes baby to take "yellow" also..like papaya..not sure true ma..i like it so much but now eat few times only.

judy: everytime u can feel the baby u take out the scan to see..from a small dot to now the shape can be see..its growing well inside and that y its causing u to feel no good...mus endure! yr willpower is great!!!

huggies, understand u mus be feeling sad..jus wanted someone to "hong" you to make u feel better...but oh well, some man jus dont understand and jus insensitive..should make them go classes and how to handle....

like u say...stay happy!!

thanks all for the positive words..

valerie: i wonder.. do you keep refreshing the page? you like camping here.. powderful..

@Judy: Hahaha! Ya, I'll refresh the page when I have nothing to do lor. I'm so bored that I've run out of things to surf even though I'm starting a blog for my baby lah. Hehehe.. But still, I'm bored. =p Aiyo, don't make me pai seh leh. Hahaha!

Valerie, envy the thoughtfulness of ur hubby... mine dun even know when i gg to gynea for chk up..LOL usually i go alone.

Judy, try to cheer up, men are always men... ">

Sometimes,I wish that my hubby would spend a little more time with me and my girl...sigh, its just thinking now that I'm not working, he has to work doubly hard.... so a lot of things I've to settle on my own without him.... sometimes, its sadden me...

Breastpump - Like Trinket, I'm a big supporter of medela PIS advance too... without it I'll die. Imagine that with that pump,I need to spend at least 4 hrs each day pumping my BM out and yes, my bb latch too.

Yes, its heavy to bring it out, but if u remove the pump from the bag, pump + cooler bag + express BM, its still manageable on the buses n MRT. ">

Bump - My bump is still quite small consider its my second bb...no one knows that i'm preg if i dun say.LOL

@baywater: Huh? Which part of my hubby is thoughtful? Lol~ So far he also went gynae check up with me only once. He always say he gotta work. Then I said a while only what. I don't believe his bil will be not understanding lor. Last visit he didn't go with me, orbi he never see baby wave and suck thumb. He can only hear with envy when I told him. Hmph!

baywater, actually I didn't bother to ask my hubby to the checkup. If he wants to go, he will let me know. Usually I go myself. I was still telling him tht he also dun need to go hospital with me when I deliver. Most imptly, he gives me the money will do to settle the hospital bill can alr. Hving him there, also no point. I think he had made up his mind not to go into delivery room with me.

Maybe I am used to do things myself without him. When my girl was small, I brought her everywhere myself.

So now, I tell him if he wants to go overseas and have fun with his friends, he better go now without me. If not when baby comes out, he cannot go. But then again, even if he wants to go, I also won't stop him. I feel without him at home, better for me. At least, I dun have him nagging at me at times.

Valerie, u r lucky. Becos during the early months, I hv been taking leave becos of the bad MS, I have 2 months of overdue backlog to catch up with now.

@felpoo: You are so independent! Before I preggy I also prefer to be home by myself but after I got preggy I always hope my hubby will be home with me and accompany me more. I also don't know why. Even if he's at home sleeping I also shiok. Lol~

Oh, I wanted so much to take leave that time when I have very bad MS but my hubby doesn't encourage me to. *sigh* The days were hard... Having to drag myself to work everyday and taking MC once a week. And at the same time being upset with my hubby for not being understanding. =(

Ladies,

I started to worry that i will fall into "vomit until delivery" type pregnancy. I am formally into 14 weeks today, but i had the feeling that another round of MS just started yesterday.

Oh my....

valerie, I only wanted my hubby to be ard during my bad MS so that he can see my pathetic state.. hehe .. after that, I dun need him to be ard anymore. He also knows it himself. Becos, he said he missed me calling him during evening times.. haha .. I dun hv a habit of calling him during work at all.

I think this pg, he's so much understanding than before. And I can see that there is improvement in our marriage relations. And most imptly, he gets to see and agree with my point of views nowadays. No wonder, many fortune tellers tell me having a second child will improve our marriage. I think partly he has too much things in his hands that he doesn't has time to argue with me :p

Jolin, but ur MS should be gradually diminishing rite? My MS lasted until the 5th month during my first PG. I m still hving MS now. Only during the evenings but still manageable.

@felpoo: Maybe cos he already has experienced with your first pregnancy. Unlike mine. I think his excitement will only come upon the delivery of my baby. That's why I want him to go check up with me. So that he can see our baby in the scan. I think that should make him excited and remind him that he's going to be a father bah...

Girls, time for lunch! Must fatten myself. Yday my gynae said my weight still remained the same [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

jolin, try to think positively, i remember my previous pregnancy i also worry why after 12 wks i still feel nauseous and vomitting. mine was drag until 16wks then i felt better. try to make urself busy with some other things to distract.

regarding hubby issue, like valerie, i also always hope he is at home with me. although he is watching tv, surfing net...but i think he is at home i feel more secure. for gynea visiting, the last time i forced him to go. haha.... bcos need to decide whether to take oscar test or not. but at the end, not enough blood being withdrew. haha... but luckily he was with me, bcos i almost fainted after the poking session. when i had very bad MS, i always scold him that is he make me in this kind of situation. it's his fault. then he will said yes yes yes, it's my fault! then i will feel better. haha...

jolin, try dun think too far. My sil vomit every hour till she's 4-5mths. Her case is the jialiat type whereby she will even wake up in the middle of the nite to vomit water/food. After the 4-5mth, her ms just disappear. So dun worry so much. At least you noe your bb is healthy coz you having ms.

Re: Hubby accompanying to gynae.

My hubby seldom accompany me coz he's working a rotatory shift job. He will only have one off day after working 7days and tat off day is a sleeping off ie he will be working from 9pm-8am on the 7th day. So the off day on the 8th day is a "sleeping" off. By the time he wake up, more than half day gone liao. Funny, dunno izzit coincidence, everytime i go visit gynae, all the preggies will have hubby accompany them. Envy but after a while will get used to it. And i will always get stares coz i'm the only one without hubby ard.

felpoo, in a way now never put on weight also gd coz weight will start to pounce on after the 5th mth so will have less kgs to lose after delivery [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

felpoo, u r so independent... I think my hubby wld hope that i have more ur independence. ">

Ya, I used to bring my girl everywhere on my own too... gradually,she's not closed to my hubby anymore and every morning, when the papa tries to kiss her, she will kick him always. haha

I'm trying very hard to pull them together and I dun wish this will happen to my second one too. Its a little unfair to him that he has work hard for the family to rec this treatment from the little ones....

Anyone gg to take up some light exercises since we are gg to our 2nd tri...??

@SLim: Ya, I think is the security thingy. And also I feel bored being in the room alone. At least if he's around I can disturb him. LOL~

My previous visit my mummy went with me as my hubby said he cannot go. Hmph! Sometimes I wonder did he tell his bil that he's going gynae visit with me. If he did I don't believe his bil won't let him go. *sigh* So my mummy is the lucky one that saw my baby suck thumb and wave. Hehehe...

Back